PDA

View Full Version : Which 2015 Undrafted FA do you wish the Spurs would have picked up?

Biggems
07-18-2015, 10:34 PM
For me, it is Jonathan Holmes. He has the body of a combo forward. He makes his FTs consistently. So far in Vegas he is shooting well from the field, as well as doing a solid rebounding job.

I feel he would have been the perfect guy to close out our roster.

I know he was picked up by Boston for the Summer League, but to they own his rights? If not, I hope the Spurs pounce.....maybe we would have a shot, with him being from Texas, and the lofty expectations of the team.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Did lil bow wow ever declare for the draft?

TXstbobcat
07-18-2015, 10:38 PM
For me, it is Jonathan Holmes. He has the body of a combo forward. He makes his FTs consistently. So far in Vegas he is shooting well from the field, as well as doing a solid rebounding job.

I feel he would have been the perfect guy to close out our roster.

I know he was picked up by Boston for the Summer League, but to they own his rights? If not, I hope the Spurs pounce.....maybe we would have a shot, with him being from Texas, and the lofty expectations of the team.

Boston didn't sign Holmes to a contract so he is available if the Spurs want him.

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2015, 10:41 PM
Alan Williams.

The leader in scoring among rookies at summer league is not D'Angelo Russell or Emmanuel Mudiay. The leading rookie rebounder in Las Vegas also didn't go to Duke or Kentucky and wasn't drafted in the top-three.

Rather, the leader in both of these categories is an undrafted, undersized center by the name of Alan Williams. Out of UC Santa Barbara, Williams -- who is suiting up for the Houston Rockets as a free agent and is eligible to sign with any team -- is averaging 20.5 points and 11.5 rebounds per game after a ridiculous 22 points and 20 rebounds in his final game of the week, a loss against the Philadelphia 76ers.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25243927/undrafted-free-agent-alan-williams-makes-summer-league-statement

AFBlue
07-18-2015, 10:48 PM
Cliff Alexander is a pretty live body. You can see the athleticism that made him a top recruit out of college. He's obviously not a complete player, and there were probably red flags off the court that led to him going undrafted, but he seems like a someone worth taking a shot on.

Biggems
07-18-2015, 11:00 PM
Boston didn't sign Holmes to a contract so he is available if the Spurs want him.

that is outstanding news, well as far as I am concerned.

Spurtacular
07-19-2015, 03:50 AM
JH probably went undrafted b/c he has the dreaded tweener body. Not big enough to be a PF and not quick enough to be a SF. I like his touch around the rim though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vZYIAQ9W4

outmap
07-19-2015, 04:28 AM
Robert Upshaw. If we can contain Jax, we can handle Upshaw.

Kikoluna
07-19-2015, 04:35 AM
Steve adams

G-Dawgg
07-19-2015, 10:05 AM

Chinook
07-19-2015, 10:08 AM
I would have taken Bargnani for the minimum over Bonner...

First, that wasn't even remotely close to the point of this thread. Bargs is pretty much as far from a rookie UDFA as you can get. Second, why?

Axegrinder
07-19-2015, 10:22 AM
Robert Upshaw. If we can contain Jax, we can handle Upshaw.Upshaw signed in LA..and is a fuck up

kobyz
07-19-2015, 10:40 AM
En'dor, kid with high potential that would have been much better choice than bonner for the sixth big spot...

Splits
07-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Jon Simmons. Dude is a beast. Can't believe we let him go.

Biggems
07-19-2015, 11:05 AM
JH probably went undrafted b/c he has the dreaded tweener body. Not big enough to be a PF and not quick enough to be a SF. I like his touch around the rim though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vZYIAQ9W4

He is 6'9 with a nice wingspan. He needs to bulk up a bit......15 lbs or so of muscle and he should be ok. He isnt the best on ball defender..but he plays the passing lanes well. He also has nice stroke from outside.....he would make a great #15

Russ
07-19-2015, 11:18 AM
Christian Wood and Jonathon Holmes.

Drom John
07-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Michael Frazier and Alan Williams.

Spurtacular
07-19-2015, 07:40 PM
He is 6'9 with a nice wingspan. He needs to bulk up a bit......15 lbs or so of muscle and he should be ok. He isnt the best on ball defender..but he plays the passing lanes well. He also has nice stroke from outside.....he would make a great #15

Not buying it. Neither were GMs.

cjw
07-19-2015, 10:54 PM
First, that wasn't even remotely close to the point of this thread. Bargs is pretty much as far from a rookie UDFA as you can get. Second, why?

Bonner actually has half a brain and while athletically challenged, doesn't get eaten alive on defense. Bargs belongs on a crappy team and that's where he ended up.