PDA

View Full Version : Jason Witten got "Horse Collared"

Taco
09-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Did you guys notice Jason Witten got "Horse Collar" tackled?

The announcers said the defender placed his off arm on Witten's shoulder pad first but replay's show that he didn't do that at all and IMO a flag should have been thrown

scott
09-13-2005, 05:45 PM
You have to be named Roy Williams and tackle a prima donna cry baby WR for it to be called.

maxpower
09-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I remember the play..and what I thought was that the tackler brought his left arm around witten's left shoulder pad and towards his chest but for all intents and purposes the horsecollar tackle was well in progress. There should have been a flag. They should go by the way the tackled player falls. His movement was forward and he was doubled over backwards.

King
09-13-2005, 11:21 PM
You have to be named Roy Williams and tackle a prima donna cry baby WR for it to be called.

Dude, he DID break two people's legs last year with that tackle. I wouldn't say they were cry babies.

samikeyp
09-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Dude, he DID break two people's legs last year with that tackle. I wouldn't say they were cry babies.

you are right...TO was a cry baby before the injury.

The rule states that if the contact is initiated on another part of the body then goes to the shoulder pads, that is legal. If the contact is initiated at the neck of the pads, then its illegal. A little cryptic but that is the rule.

MiNuS
09-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Can you imagine if the Cowboys had had Whitten on the 90's squad!

I'd take Whitten over Novacek anytime.

scott
09-14-2005, 06:41 PM

Don't forgot Tyrone Calico and Kellen Winslow Jr. in addition to TO and Chester Taylor.

Taco
09-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Don't forgot Tyrone Calico and Kellen Winslow Jr. in addition to TO and Chester Taylor.

Didn't Winslow break his leg on kickoff coverage?

Taco
09-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Didn't Winslow break his leg on kickoff coverage?

Of more concern for Cleveland is an apparent ankle injury to rookie tight end Kellen Winslow on the onside kick. X-ray results were not immediately available.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20040919_CLE@DAL

SWC Bonfire
09-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Last year that was called being tackled.

batman2883
09-15-2005, 06:01 PM
yeah man i still remember T.O crying like a baby when Roy broke his leg...it was so damn great...i loved it