PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: ESPN has lost 3.2 million subscribers since May 2014

lefty
07-19-2015, 10:36 PM
:lol

http://www.npr.org/2015/07/19/424447488/once-immune-to-cord-cutting-king-of-live-sports-finds-throne-shaken?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

Thread
07-19-2015, 10:38 PM
That's why the "buffoonery" crowd is being weeded out (Cowherd, Simmons, that other idiot (can't remember his name), among others.

TDMVPDPOY
07-19-2015, 10:46 PM
overrated network man...

UZER
07-19-2015, 10:58 PM
I used to watch a lot, but there movement towards tmz style "reporting" has just ruined the network. Don't even watch SC anymore, just actual games.

Thread
07-19-2015, 11:01 PM
And cable costs are exorbitant and untenable for a lot of households. Sooner or later they're gonna have to let the customer choose exactly which stations they want to pay for. It's coming. The problem is the more people who quit cable only pass the loss cost onto the people who retain cable. It's a vicious circle.

Strange Love
07-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Reading this article makes me want to finally cut the cord.

I've been toying with the idea for the better part of a year now but haven't gone through with it because I watch sports. The only thing I watch and the only reason why i still have cable.

Paying for the NBA+MLB league passes isn't something I'm going to do..like ever so I am still plotting my moves.

Thread
07-19-2015, 11:03 PM
Reading this articles makes me want to finally cut the cord.

I've been toying with the idea for the better part of a year now but haven't gone through with it because I watch sports. The only thing I watch and the only reason why i still have cable.

Paying for the NBA+MLB league passes isn't something I'm going to do..like ever so I am still plotting my moves.

Me too. And it's not the sports I'd miss, it's the old movies, TCM, etc.

unforeseen
07-19-2015, 11:06 PM

Check your local library for older movies.

lefty
07-19-2015, 11:07 PM

Reddit members post links for quality streams everyday

I cut the cord tbh
I do have a subscription with Fiber Sat, running on Roku, but only 150 bucks a year, all the channels you can imagine
Other option is stream HD stuff on the laptop and Chromecast it to the TV

jeebus
07-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Haven't paid for cable in almost 5 years imo. Watching sports on the internet has caught up dramatically in that time as well tbh. It's not hard to find an HD stream and if you want a reliable, non free way to watch every NBA game, ballstreams is the way to go. lol shelling out 100 bucks a month to watch around 15 channels

Thread
07-19-2015, 11:09 PM
Check your local library for older movies.

It's psychological, fore. If I go up there I have to pick something from a limited selection. Here, at the house, I can look and it's not boundless, but, it seems boundless, and I don't have to pick something. I'll watch something on the cable that I have on the shelf. I'll DVR something that I have on the shelf. It's a real mind fuck.

Spurtacular
07-19-2015, 11:09 PM
Still waiting for ESPN to be a singular service, tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
07-19-2015, 11:12 PM
u can watch some games or unpopular leagues on google

actually i think google is going into tendoring tv rights deal in the future....

Strange Love
07-19-2015, 11:13 PM
Reddit members post links for quality streams everyday

I cut the cord tbh
I do have a subscription with Fiber Sat, running on Roku, but only 150 bucks a year, all the channels you can imagine
Other option is stream HD stuff on the laptop and Chromecast it to the TV

What kind of channels? Give me some premium ones off the top of your head.

That doesn't sound too bad for a whole year. Definitely better than 150 monthly. :lol

I'm going to look into ballstream. They should have an app to stream on PS3 or some shit.

Thread
07-19-2015, 11:14 PM
Still waiting for ESPN to be a singular service, tbh.

It will literally take an act of Congress.

unforeseen
07-19-2015, 11:15 PM
It's psychological, fore. If I go up there I have to pick something from a limited selection. Here, at the house, I can look and it's not boundless, but, it seems boundless, and I don't have to pick something. I'll watch something on the cable that I have on the shelf. I'll DVR something that I have on the shelf. It's a real mind fuck.

I am kind of the same way. It is the feeling of having unlimited movies at your disposal. However, those commercials are annoying so I DVR the movie and watch it later in order to fast forward through them.

HI-FI
07-19-2015, 11:15 PM
ESPN hasn't been the same since Disney purchased it imo. They've gotten shittier, more political and manipulative. Not to mention catering to major markets.

Strange Love
07-19-2015, 11:16 PM

I used to do that with TNT.

Used to watch their rerun lineups they had of The X-Files from midnight till like 4AM.

That nostalgia was awesome.

Now I cant stand commercials so I dont watch shows or movies on tv anymore.

Thread
07-19-2015, 11:16 PM
I am kind of the same way. It is the feeling of having unlimited movies at your disposal. However, those commercials are annoying so I DVR the movie and watch it later in order to fast forward through them.

Absolutely. And it's fine that way.

Thread
07-19-2015, 11:17 PM
ESPN hasn't been the same since Disney purchased it imo. They've gotten shittier, more political and manipulative. Not to mention catering to major markets.

Absolutely.

HI

lefty
07-19-2015, 11:20 PM
What kind of channels? Give me some premium ones off the top of your head.

That doesn't sound too bad for a whole year. Definitely better than 150 monthly. :lol

I'm going to look into ballstream. They should have an app to stream on PS3 or some shit.

A lot of channels from countries you dont care about :lol

But also all the ESPN channels, NBA TV, FOX Sports channels, (not the local ones, but 3 in English and 2 in Spanish IIRC) , Eurosport, BeinSport 1-10, SkySports, etc

Also, NBC, ABC, Fox, CBS, CNN, etc

ElNono
07-19-2015, 11:21 PM
:lol this is the same network that wanted $$$ to read Brian Windfart's reports from Lebron's basement...

Strange Love
07-19-2015, 11:23 PM
A lot of channels from countries you dont care about :lol

But also all the ESPN channels, NBA TV, FOX Sports channels, (not the local ones, but 3 in English and 2 in Spanish IIRC) , Eurosport, BeinSport 1-10, SkySports, etc

Also, NBC, ABC, Fox, CBS, CNN, etc

Damn, that is good.

I get mostly all of my sports fix from Fox Sports. Def will do some research.

HarlemHeat37
07-19-2015, 11:43 PM
Ballstreams for ball, free NHL with my internet provider, XBMC for sports that I only watch casually, and show streams are obviously easy to acquire..

NFL is the only thing I've had problems fucking with, tbh..used free previews for Sunday Ticket all of last year, but ran out of credit cards by December:lol..

Mal
07-20-2015, 02:05 AM
Obviously it has nothing with promoting faggots and queer like Sam or Jenner.

Spurtacular
07-20-2015, 02:09 AM
It will literally take an act of Congress.

Or crashing market forces.

TimDunkem
07-20-2015, 02:16 AM
Between felating Kobe, LeBron, Woods, Teblow, and that douche Manziel over the past few years, I'm surprised BSPN has had time to cover anything else. If it wasn't for the occasional nationally televised NBA game, I wouldn't watch a second of it.

Cry Havoc
07-20-2015, 02:32 AM

https://www.sling.com/

It's really nice. Not perfect yet, hell not even great yet, but if you've got a good internet connection is a hell of a lot better than cable, and no contract.

Biernutz
07-20-2015, 02:45 AM
I don't like their basketball coverage at all. I usually watch FOXSW feed
with Bill and Sean..It's the best if you are a Spurs fan........I usually turn down sound and turn on radio
when the only feed is on ABC or ESPN. It's the Kobe , LBJ, Dwayne, Melo, Rose, Curry and Cp3 network. They promote
this same bunch over and over.

Dancelot
07-20-2015, 03:15 AM
:lol this is the same network that wanted $$$ to read Brian Windfart's reports from Lebron's basement...
:lol So true

Koolaid_Man
07-20-2015, 06:02 AM

I keep cable for the Lifetime Movie Network....and so I can watch re-runs of the dukes of hazard....ohh and the late night simulated sex shows...Like Cyber Sex From Alien Worlds

Thread
07-20-2015, 06:05 AM
I keep cable for the Lifetime Movie Network

Yep, I got one on pause as we speak. Something with Liam Neeson & Laura Linney. She's unsure of their marriage. He wants her to have a fling and he wants to take root in the closet so he can watch Antonio Banderas breed her.

Koolaid_Man
07-20-2015, 06:09 AM
Yep, I got one on pause as we speak. Something with Liam Neeson & Laura Linney. She's unsure of their marriage. He wants her to have a fling and he wants to take root in the closet so he can watch Antonio Banderas breed her.

Thats a god one..I saw that one....

Thread
07-20-2015, 06:10 AM
Thats a god one..I saw that one....

That Neeson works. He's gettin' it while the gettin' is good.

Kidd K
07-20-2015, 09:16 AM
lmao, their shitty little "story" of the California guy was a joke.

Apparently the problem is that ESPN doesn't air enough Lakers games and airs too many Spurs games.

LOL. Yeah okay.

BD24
07-20-2015, 10:25 AM
And cable costs are exorbitant and untenable for a lot of households. Sooner or later they're gonna have to let the customer choose exactly which stations they want to pay for. It's coming. The problem is the more people who quit cable only pass the loss cost onto the people who retain cable. It's a vicious circle.
This is spot on. I have been thinking about getting rid of my cable as well, literally only reason I keep it is to watch live sporting events. I know I can watch online streams and what not. That can be a major pain in the ass though.

If they ever come out with a package that has just sports channels I will be on that in a second.

BD24
07-20-2015, 10:27 AM
free NHL with my internet provider
No kidding? Who is your internet provider tbh? Canada only provider or is that deal just made specifically for Canada?

Splits
07-20-2015, 11:08 AM
I'll DVR something that I have on the shelf.

VHS or betamax?

DeadlyDynasty
07-20-2015, 12:22 PM
May 2014--isn't that close to when World Cup started?:lol

Bingo...they never miss a chance to weigh in on whatever social justice crusade is trending...the self-righteousness is sickening

Thread
07-20-2015, 12:24 PM
May 2014--isn't that close to when World Cup started?:lol

Bingo...they never miss a chance to weigh in on whatever social justice crusade is trending...the self-righteousness is sickening

It's the Disney thing,,,once they went gay it was all over but the shoutin'.

Buddy Mignon
07-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Men don't give a shit about women and sports... the promoting of faggotry and the excessive mouthing off of too many nerds on there is sickening. I'm at the dental office last week and I spotted the GQ magazine and low and behold... one of the Jenner girls was plastered on the cover. The hetero man has lost his rightful place in our society... and I blame the jews for every last ounce of it.

Thread
07-20-2015, 12:27 PM
Men don't give a shit about women and sports... the promoting of faggotry and the excessive mouthing off of too many nerds on their. I'm at the dental office last week and I spotted the GQ magazine and low and behold... one of the Jenner girls was plastered on the cover. The hetero man has lost his rightful place in our society... and I blame the jews for every last ounce of it.

How come you blame the Jews, Luva? Seriously. I wanna blame 'em too, but, I have to know why.

Buddy Mignon
07-20-2015, 12:33 PM
How come you blame the Jews, Luva? Seriously. I wanna blame 'em too, but, I have to know why.

They are the programmers of all of this shit... from political, to social, to financial... to education. They are the gatekeepers to everything media. I don't actually blame them... I blame us for allowing it. Its been going on for a long time now. I admire them for their long run of success. Its amazing that most people have no clue about this. Its too late to turn back or correct it... the system has to fail.

Killakobe81
07-20-2015, 12:36 PM
there has been plenty of talks of regulation forcing the providers to offer a la carte and some talk of them providing options so that they will not be forced to do so by the FEDS but nothing has moved. My guess? Is DISH/DIRECT/COMCAST etc. paid big bucks to Lobbyists to slow that shit down.

The model they offer is shitty. They talk about hundreds of HD channels but most folks only watch 5-10 if that. They should charge by number of channels the CUSTOMER chooses maybe ties of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 with the locals included for free. Cant imagine many folks watch ,more than 30 channels on the regular outside of the local ones. I would probably pay for 15-20 if it was at a good price. Not ready to cut yet but have done some research need these ISP's to provide better bandwidth and infrastructure though ..

Infinite_limit
07-20-2015, 12:44 PM
Subscribers as in ESPN insider?

Buddy Mignon
07-20-2015, 12:58 PM
there has been plenty of talks of regulation forcing the providers to offer a la carte and some talk of them providing options so that they will not be forced to do so by the FEDS but nothing has moved. My guess? Is DISH/DIRECT/COMCAST etc. paid big bucks to Lobbyists to slow that shit down.

The model they offer is shitty. They talk about hundreds of HD channels but most folks only watch 5-10 if that. They should charge by number of channels the CUSTOMER chooses maybe ties of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 with the locals included for free. Cant imagine many folks watch ,more than 30 channels on the regular outside of the local ones. I would probably pay for 15-20 if it was at a good price. Not ready to cut yet but have done some research need these ISP's to provide better bandwidth and infrastructure though ..

I only have it for the boxing. And the one man that's trying to bring boxing to free tv they're trying to sue him for it.

DMC
07-20-2015, 01:00 PM
ESPN fucked up when they changed the forum layout to be more "mobile friendly". If you recall, that happened around April 1st last year.

Too many unknown faces, front page videos with Hassan and other clowns sitting around in shorts and t-shirts like a backyard cookout. Writers taking the microphone, not polished enough to speak clearly and concisely. Stick to writing, it allows you to edit. Writers becoming the news instead of reporting on it. ESPN spending more time reporting on their own fucking ass clowns than on sports.

philldafunk
07-20-2015, 01:17 PM
When I got my internet installed, the cable guy told me that the internet signal is the same as the signal used to watch tv. I bought a little coax splitter from radio shack, and have one cable going to the modem and the other one going to the tv. I get about 70 channels and don't pay for cable, just internet.

Killakobe81
07-20-2015, 01:26 PM
When I got my internet installed, the cable guy told me that the internet signal is the same as the signal used to watch tv. I bought a little coax splitter from radio shack, and have one cable going to the modem and the other one going to the tv. I get about 70 channels and don't pay for cable, just internet.

Interesting I may try that ...HD feeds?

Killakobe81
07-20-2015, 01:29 PM
ESPN fucked up when they changed the forum layout to be more "mobile friendly". If you recall, that happened around April 1st last year.

Too many unknown faces, front page videos with Hassan and other clowns sitting around in shorts and t-shirts like a backyard cookout. Writers taking the microphone, not polished enough to speak clearly and concisely. Stick to writing, it allows you to edit. Writers becoming the news instead of reporting on it. ESPN spending more time reporting on their own fucking ass clowns than on sports.

But look at their programming

Blowhards Skip, stephen A and Coward dominate the am ... heck Mike & mike suck too but have great guests at least. ...
In the afternoons it's Around the horn and Labastard and his inchoerent father along with Bomani Jones.

While the sports Reporters OTL and NFL Live gets little to no attention. outside of the 30 for 30 ESPN has produced crap. But I love sports so i still watch sometimes ....but as a kid in the golden era with Olberman, Patrick, Man, Kilborn I watched EVERY night even when my teams lost.

philldafunk
07-20-2015, 01:44 PM
Interesting I may try that ...HD feeds?

Only for the network stations sadly, but all the channels I watch ESPN, FSN, TNT I've got. I think it would be considered the "standard" cable package.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2015, 01:53 PM
When I got my internet installed, the cable guy told me that the internet signal is the same as the signal used to watch tv. I bought a little coax splitter from radio shack, and have one cable going to the modem and the other one going to the tv. I get about 70 channels and don't pay for cable, just internet.Yeah usually they put filters on the cable outside so the analog video signals don't get through. Can't even do the splitter thing in Austin anymore since they went all digital. San Antonio will probably do that next year, so get it while you can I guess.

ambchang
07-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Problem is the quality of the product.

ESPN has been horrible in terms of coverage of sports from a neutral standpoint. They try to go with the trends and hype up certain big market teams to create stories to sell their product, but this ends up alienating their fans.

They don't realize that this isn't a movie they are selling, it's an ongoing product that pretty much sells itself. It's not like Frozen where you root for one side, and then go sell products with their face plastered all over it to kids who are easily manipulated for a short period of time, you are selling the product (the entire sports) as a whole to people who are knowledgeable about that product, and is willing to continuously pay for insights and commentary.

Catering to big market teams alienated a lot of the smaller market team fans, and catering to casual fans is awful marketing because casual fans are not the type of people who are willing to pay money for something they will watch casually, anyways. I don't understand the political correctness of ESPN. I support being moral and upright, but do they seriously think that transgenders and their supporters will now be pay subscribers because Jenner got an award from them? Sports is a thing where you either like it or not, nobody ever watches sports because the network supports the causes they do.

Then there is the marketing of players, who in general has about a 5-year peak, if not less. You invest so much in a small number of players, and in many cases, alienated fans of the other top players due to rivalries that, once the small number of players you promoted are over the hill, and the players you ignored made it to the top, your network will now seem disingenuous for promoting these up and comers because you have been ignoring them for so long. Hardcore fans, which are fans who are willing to pay for insights and unique point of views, see through these things, and start going somewhere else.

And that is before talking about putting your bet on the wrong horse (Dwight in the early 10s, we will see how Durant recovers from the injuries, Curry is likely the next guy).

Thread
07-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Subscribers as in ESPN insider?

No. Cable subscribers who then cancel their cable.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
07-20-2015, 07:36 PM

I can help you with that

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIdBuK7_g3M

Erich Fromm, Judaism and the Frankfurt School
http://pages.gseis.ucla.edu/faculty/kellner/Illumina%20Folder/kell24.htm

Freud, The Frankfurt School, and the Kabbalah
http://www.terrorism-illuminati.com/blog/holiness-sin-freud-frankfurt-school-and-kabbalah#.VGsgXIeRk7B

Frankfurt School
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School

Frankfurt School of Social Research
http://jettandjahn.com/2010/10/frankfurt-school-of-social-research/

The Frankfurt School & Cultural Marxism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghx3d1GiAc0 [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkcy7256tBM [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG6TcYfpQOg [Embed]

The Frankfurt School of Social Research and the Pathologization of Gentile Group Allegiances
http://www.kevinmacdonald.net/chap5.pdf

Frankfurt School - Satanic Judaism in Action
http://www.henrymakow.com/frankfurt-school-satanic-judaism-in-action.html

The History of Political Correctness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acjIw7cVc2k

How a Handfull of Marxist Jews Turned Western and U.S. Culture Upside Down
http://davidduke.com/how-a-handfull-of-marxist-jews-turned-western-and-us-culture-upside-down/

The Jewish Frankfurt School and the End of Western Civilization
http://www.dailystormer.com/the-jewish-frankfurt-school-and-the-end-of-western-civilization/

The New Dark Age: The Frankfurt School and "Political Correctness"
http://www.schillerinstitute.org/fid_91-96/921_frankfurt.html

Who Stole Our Culture?
http://www.wnd.com/2007/05/41737/

Sabbatean-Frankish Roots of the Frankfurt School
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBfT0pi0cMs

GuerillaBlack
07-20-2015, 08:33 PM

That's how it is in my apartment. I only pay for the internet and netflix/hulu plus.

ribcage6foot6
07-20-2015, 10:19 PM

ESPN has been horrible in terms of coverage of sports from a neutral standpoint. They try to go with the trends and hype up certain big market teams to create stories to sell their product, but this ends up alienating their fans.

They don't realize that this isn't a movie they are selling, it's an ongoing product that pretty much sells itself. It's not like Frozen where you root for one side, and then go sell products with their face plastered all over it to kids who are easily manipulated for a short period of time, you are selling the product (the entire sports) as a whole to people who are knowledgeable about that product, and is willing to continuously pay for insights and commentary.

Catering to big market teams alienated a lot of the smaller market team fans, and catering to casual fans is awful marketing because casual fans are not the type of people who are willing to pay money for something they will watch casually, anyways. I don't understand the political correctness of ESPN. I support being moral and upright, but do they seriously think that transgenders and their supporters will now be pay subscribers because Jenner got an award from them? Sports is a thing where you either like it or not, nobody ever watches sports because the network supports the causes they do.

Then there is the marketing of players, who in general has about a 5-year peak, if not less. You invest so much in a small number of players, and in many cases, alienated fans of the other top players due to rivalries that, once the small number of players you promoted are over the hill, and the players you ignored made it to the top, your network will now seem disingenuous for promoting these up and comers because you have been ignoring them for so long. Hardcore fans, which are fans who are willing to pay for insights and unique point of views, see through these things, and start going somewhere else.

And that is before talking about putting your bet on the wrong horse (Dwight in the early 10s, we will see how Durant recovers from the injuries, Curry is likely the next guy).

Concentrated truth.

Jacob1983
07-21-2015, 01:50 AM
ESPN has become the MSNBC of sports networks. NBCSN has hockey and FOX Sports1 has UFC, MLB, and soccer. ESPN has award shows that give awards to murderers. People watch sports networks for highlights and sports. They don't want to hear political opinions. Plain and simple.

Thread
07-21-2015, 06:15 AM
^...jingle hymer schmidt.

Chillen
07-21-2015, 06:21 AM
You guys think ESPN is bad, MTV is a f**king joke they used to play music videos all the time, and a movie here and there, it was fun once. ESPN isn't what it used to be sure, but it still is less of a joke than MTV. ESPN still is about sports, MTV is called a music tv and they don't hardly play music videos, just stupid shows and an awards show twice a year.

Thread
07-21-2015, 06:22 AM
^...cold as ice.

Killakobe81
07-21-2015, 07:50 AM
You guys think ESPN is bad, MTV is a f**king joke they used to play music videos all the time, and a movie here and there, it was fun once. ESPN isn't what it used to be sure, but it still is less of a joke than MTV. ESPN still is about sports, MTV is called a music tv and they don't hardly play music videos, just stupid shows and an awards show twice a year.

Truth bombs.

Killakobe81
07-21-2015, 09:59 AM

some good stuff amb. But I disagree with the big market small market thing. Catering to huge markets hasnt hurt other entertainment industries. Their fault lies more in the shifting to "drama" that surrounds sport instead of the drama of the sports themselves. The Kobe Colorado and the tiger thanksgiving waitress stuff ESPN dove feet first in to that crap. SO now it's all TMZ lite on ESPN. Deflategate, Bountygate, PED's, Pete Rose, the Decision, Ray Rice sure they are sports related but how much focus is on THAT over the community activities and the triumph and failures of sport they could focus on instead.

ESPN has become a mixture of ballers, first and 10 and reality tV crap.

ESPN is just following the same shit spiral TV and Music has in general. It would rather be "scandal" than breaking bad or The Wire. It's drama over substance.

ambchang
07-21-2015, 10:42 AM
some good stuff amb. But I disagree with the big market small market thing. Catering to huge markets hasnt hurt other entertainment industries. Their fault lies more in the shifting to "drama" that surrounds sport instead of the drama of the sports themselves. The Kobe Colorado and the tiger thanksgiving waitress stuff ESPN dove feet first in to that crap. SO now it's all TMZ lite on ESPN. Deflategate, Bountygate, PED's, Pete Rose, the Decision, Ray Rice sure they are sports related but how much focus is on THAT over the community activities and the triumph and failures of sport they could focus on instead.

ESPN has become a mixture of ballers, first and 10 and reality tV crap.

ESPN is just following the same shit spiral TV and Music has in general. It would rather be "scandal" than breaking bad or The Wire. It's drama over substance.

I agree with what you said, but stand by the big vs. small market teams.

My point is, sports isn't any normal entertainment. Unless it was 90s rap with that East vs. West Coast crap, there wasn't a lot of rivalry for artists based on georgraphy. Nobody would ever not listen to Drake because he's from Canada. They don't listen to him because his stuff is garbage. People in the West Coast will enjoy Jay-Z even though he's from Brooklyn, and people in Atlanta will still enjoy Eminem even though he is from Detroit.

Sports, on the other hand, is geographic. While a person from Atlanta may not always root for the Hawks, fans, paying fans, root for a team over a prolonged period of time. If ESPN keeps talking about big market teams like the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Nets, Heat and 6ers despite how crappy their teams are, while ignoring, or downplaying the significance of small market great teams like the Spurs and Thunder, or small market up and coming teams like the Bucks, fans will notice.

Those execs and reporters spend too much time hyping up teams from localities they want to visit. They love it when games are in great metropolitan cities like LA and NY because they can hang out and enjoy the time there. Who wants to hang out in San Antonio or Minnesota. But that is not what they are getting paid for, they are getting paid for to report on basketball, and their priority should be about the quality of the teams, not the types of restaurants and selection of night life. In short, most of those talking heads are unprofessional and not doing their jobs.

Thread
07-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Who wants to hang out in San Antonio

True. Duncan's lost a fortune, a wife and a gym doin' it.

ambchang
07-21-2015, 10:46 AM
True. Duncan's lost a fortune, a wife and a gym doin' it.

But he did make the playoffs every year, and won the last game he played 5 times.

It's all that matters.

Thread
07-21-2015, 10:49 AM
But he did make the playoffs every year, and won the last game he played 5 times.

It's all that matters.

No. That 1st 5th matters most.

Takin' a discount. Sellin' your shit. Stringin' your ropes.

And you motherfuckers...had made dinner reservations right there in Miami in anticipation of your 5th. Only an unconscionable bastard like Popovich would do such a deed.

I spit on him.

DMC
07-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Well the truth is no one really gives a damn about these peoples takes on sports, any sport. we want to see the games and the analyst at the game are even annoying as hell. No one wants to hear Reggie Miller run his mouth for 2 hours. You have these people that make themselves the news and are only interested in self promotion, not really in talking about the game. This is why people like Marv Albert and to a point Hubie Brown are the voices we remember. These other idiots should never speak in public. Back in the day Pat Summerall and John Madden talked about football, they didn't talk about themselves a lot. These days it's all about comparing their past to whoever is on the court. I'm sick of hearing that shit. It's come down to reality TV and just being ghetto. The NBA has learned just like KFC did that ghetto does not pay money, little white kids might want to act black but they won't spend that way.

imagine in the mid-eighties that Tony Dorsett or someone like Wilt Chamberlain was the voice of sports. Imagine Charles Oakley sitting in front of a microphone trying to analyze a game. Just imagine that. How far would that go? I could listen to Chris Berman, I cannot listen to Michael Irvin or Reggie Miller or Jalen Rose. The TNT crew has their own little corner sewn up and to be honest Ernie Johnson makes that show watchable the other two are just crows cackling.

ambchang
07-21-2015, 11:05 AM
No. That 1st 5th matters most.

Takin' a discount. Sellin' your shit. Stringin' your ropes.

And you motherfuckers...had made dinner reservations right there in Miami in anticipation of your 5th. Only an unconscionable bastard like Popovich would do such a deed.

I spit on him.

Why would you care? He didn't win the last game of the playoffs. The only thing that matters is winning the last game in the playoffs, and Duncan did it five times, just like your boy Kobe.

Killakobe81
07-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Well the truth is no one really gives a damn about these peoples takes on sports, any sport. we want to see the games and the analyst at the game are even annoying as hell. No one wants to hear Reggie Miller run his mouth for 2 hours. You have these people that make themselves the news and are only interested in self promotion, not really in talking about the game. This is why people like Marv Albert and to a point Hubie Brown are the voices we remember. These other idiots should never speak in public. Back in the day Pat Summerall and John Madden talked about football, they didn't talk about themselves a lot. These days it's all about comparing their past to whoever is on the court. I'm sick of hearing that shit. It's come down to reality TV and just being ghetto. The NBA has learned just like KFC did that ghetto does not pay money, little white kids might want to act black but they won't spend that way.

imagine in the mid-eighties that Tony Dorsett or someone like Wilt Chamberlain was the voice of sports. Imagine Charles Oakley sitting in front of a microphone trying to analyze a game. Just imagine that. How far would that go? I could listen to Chris Berman, I cannot listen to Michael Irvin or Reggie Miller or Jalen Rose. The TNT crew has their own little corner sewn up and to be honest Ernie Johnson makes that show watchable the other two are just crows cackling.

agree with most of this but Berman isnt even that good. I loved some of the nickname stuff as a a kid but now he is just "stretching it" and reaches and misses far to often. Reggie Miller (fellow Bruin) is horrible. sure he is opinionated but he sucks as a interviewer analyst and though he may have a sharp basketball mind it's buried under his blathering. IRvin sucks too but at least he connects with some of the hood dudes well that a Ernie Johnson, Rich Eisen cannot. I agree ESPN's talent sucks but most of it's content is worse. That is why numbers never lie has to become his and hers. And Cold pizza (first take). Mike & mike suck too. Their roster is bereft of talent and it shows in the lackluster programming.

Thread
07-21-2015, 11:41 AM
Why would you care? He didn't win the last game of the playoffs. The only thing that matters is winning the last game in the playoffs, and Duncan did it five times, just like your boy Kobe.

Duncan did it six times.

ambchang
07-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Duncan did it six times.

Five. Almosts don't count. Or else Kobe would have seven.

Thread
07-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Five. Almosts don't count. Or else Kobe would have seven.

No. They were selling your shit. Stringing your ropes. Confirming your reservation.

DMC
07-21-2015, 02:30 PM
agree with most of this but Berman isnt even that good. I loved some of the nickname stuff as a a kid but now he is just "stretching it" and reaches and misses far to often. Reggie Miller (fellow Bruin) is horrible. sure he is opinionated but he sucks as a interviewer analyst and though he may have a sharp basketball mind it's buried under his blathering. IRvin sucks too but at least he connects with some of the hood dudes well that a Ernie Johnson, Rich Eisen cannot. I agree ESPN's talent sucks but most of it's content is worse. That is why numbers never lie has to become his and hers. And Cold pizza (first take). Mike & mike suck too. Their roster is bereft of talent and it shows in the lackluster programming.

I don't care for casual fan discussion from TV faces. I like to hear JVG talk, fucker knows basketball. Mike Breen is a good color commentator, but Mark Jackson doesn't know shit about it. Still, his tears were gold last season as the Warriors made their way to the top of the mountain while he was exiled to the island of Woe.

DMC
07-21-2015, 02:31 PM
No. They were selling your shit. Stringing your ropes. Confirming your reservation.
And you missed your tank, Taint.

Thread
07-21-2015, 02:35 PM
And you missed your tank, Taint.

Hey, Shits.

DMC
07-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Hey, Shits.
Ad nausem attempts to imprint a trend is your calling card, Taint. It fails 99.999% of the time.

Thread
07-21-2015, 02:37 PM
Ad nausem attempts to imprint a trend is your calling card, Taint. It fails 99.999% of the time.

Then you won't mind, Shits.

ambchang
07-21-2015, 02:50 PM

Who is "They"?

Thread
07-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Who is "They"?

I ain't doin' questions with you today, amb. No way.

ambchang
07-21-2015, 03:26 PM

Why not?

Thread
07-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Why not?

Because that's what you want.

ambchang
07-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Because that's what you want.

Why are you answering the question now then?

Thread
07-21-2015, 05:41 PM
^

DMC
07-21-2015, 07:03 PM
Dale being dragged from pillar to post, butt ass naked.

ambchang
07-21-2015, 07:25 PM
^

And yet you answered one.

You are just a carton of contradictions.

Thread
07-21-2015, 07:50 PM
And yet you answered one.

You are just a carton of contradictions.

Absolutely. Christ, I was 1/2 way thru yet another answer when I realized what was happening and went for the [^].

ambchang
07-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Absolutely. Christ, I was 1/2 way thru yet another answer when I realized what was happening and went for the [^].

You make up your old feeble mind first, OK, Cubby?

Thread
07-21-2015, 07:57 PM
You make up your old feeble mind first, OK, Cubby?

Well, from now on tha..............motherfucker!!!...^