PDA

View Full Version : Gone Girl - Movie Review

SpursforSix
07-20-2015, 03:59 PM
Heard it was a very good movie several times so was worried I had it built up too much. But it was as advertised. Not any kind of award territory but very entertaining. Solid performances especially by the main chick and Doogie Howser. Ben Afflec did a good job as well.

7/10

Pauly D
07-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Cantthinkofanything obviously gas a new account

It was an 8 at the very least. You're a moron as always

SpursforSix
07-20-2015, 04:10 PM
Cantthinkofanything obviously gas a new account

It was an 8 at the very least. You're a moron as always

so because I'm slightly more critical, then I'm a moron. 8 "at least"? so what's your "at most"?

vander
07-20-2015, 04:28 PM
fyi there's a thread for movie reviews.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2015, 04:29 PM
fyi there's a thread for movie reviews.He just wants to get pinked again so he can whine about it.

SpursforSix
07-20-2015, 04:34 PM

fyi, go fuck yourself

Silver&Black
07-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Is this CTOA's new alt?

Blake
07-20-2015, 04:37 PM
Timely thread

Thread
07-20-2015, 04:38 PM
I thought it a hodge-podge & colossal mess. & wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with it.

vander
07-20-2015, 04:47 PM
fyi, go fuck yourself

dat intellect :wow

I read your original post in a new light now

Spur-Addict
07-20-2015, 05:15 PM
I thought it a hodge-podge & colossal mess. & wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with it.

Most Horror Flicks are.

Blake
07-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Most Horror Flicks are.

You thought this was a horror flick?

Spur-Addict
07-20-2015, 05:21 PM
You thought this was a horror flick?

I understand it doesn't fit the standard definition of a horror flick, but it certainly is to me.

Thread
07-20-2015, 05:57 PM
I understand it doesn't fit the standard definition of a horror flick, but it certainly is to me.

Food for thought, Addy.

2pac > Kobe
07-20-2015, 06:22 PM
movie was shit

Blake
07-20-2015, 06:59 PM

Huh. I thought it was suspense but don't recall much or any horrah but ok.

El Chorizo
07-20-2015, 07:23 PM
It was a bad ass pelicula.

Strange Love
07-20-2015, 07:35 PM

No kidding.

Or go make one single thread so you can give your shitty review.

Spur-Addict
07-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Huh. I thought it was suspense but don't recall much or any horrah but ok.

Of course it was designed that way, but I approached it differently. In my opinion, half of the movie was suspense, but the other half, pure horror/terror, particularly from a male perspective once it is announced what is actually happening. I wasn't simply observing, and looking to decipher what was developing before it was evident. I was also envisioning what that would be like. And the way it ends, you think you know what is going to happen, but only one thing is clear. That man will live in fear the rest of his life, he's trapped in it, there's no way around it. That, is horrific.

Strange Love
07-20-2015, 07:54 PM
Of course it was designed that way, but I approached it differently. In my opinion, half of the movie was suspense, but the other half, pure horror/terror, particularly from a male perspective once it is announced what is actually happening. I wasn't simply observing, and looking to decipher what was developing before it was evident. I was also envisioning what that would be like. And the way it ends, you think you know what is going to happen, but only one thing is clear. That man will live in fear the rest of his life, he's trapped in it, there's no way around it. That, is horrific.

Only if you're not as witty and evil.

Dude was a beta.

Spur-Addict
07-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Only if you're not as witty and evil.

Dude was a beta.

It was definitely beta-like to submit to her psychology and stay with her. I understand the whole unity approach for the child, but that doesn't fly in this scenario. But even if he left her, one thing is clear. If he wanted to see his child with any consistency, the threat still exists, and although it wouldn't be up close and personal 24/7 365, it would still be present. And sometimes, not knowing, not having the ability to use a watchful eye with consistency, can be more terrorizing. It's the idea of the unknown, and what the mind can craft on its own to fill in the gaps.

And I don't want to spend my life being witty and evil 24/7, especially in regards to a person I have to lay my head down next to.

~O~
07-20-2015, 08:39 PM
That movie was excellent. That woman psychologically and strategically defeated Nick with every advantage a women has in american society. Most women DO NOT take full advantage of their rights and most of all, the bias comparison between them in men when considering media portrayal. Amy(Thread would have a go at this) Dunne was NOT AN AVERAGE WOMAN. She graduated from Harvard and supported both their asses. She was a female Alpha if you're going to call Nick a beta.

She not only easily convinced the world through loopholes in the system and typical American new channel cults that her husband killed her while she was pregnant and was a monster. Of course, the insurance fraud. Then....she got away with murder by playing the damsel in distress having the case dismissed against her.

They say "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"....well...just don't let her graduate from Harvard.

Blake
07-21-2015, 08:59 AM
That movie was excellent. That woman psychologically and strategically defeated Nick with every advantage a women has in american society. Most women DO NOT take full advantage of their rights and most of all, the bias comparison between them in men when considering media portrayal. Amy(Thread would have a go at this) Dunne was NOT AN AVERAGE WOMAN. She graduated from Harvard and supported both their asses. She was a female Alpha if you're going to call Nick a beta.

She not only easily convinced the world through loopholes in the system and typical American new channel cults that her husband killed her while she was pregnant and was a monster. Of course, the insurance fraud. Then....she got away with murder by playing the damsel in distress having the case dismissed against her.

They say "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"....well...just don't let her graduate from Harvard.

And then girl suddenly became ridiculously stupid by playing miniature golf with the trailer park hicks......with all her cash.....loose enough in get pockets so that it all falls out when she jumps up and down after making the putt.......

SpursforSix
07-21-2015, 09:57 AM
And then girl suddenly became ridiculously stupid by playing miniature golf with the trailer park hicks......with all her cash.....loose enough in get pockets so that it all falls out when she jumps up and down after making the putt.......

Yeah. That was dumb. And then answering the door when she was about to bug out.

Seemed like the whole thing with the rednecks was unnecessary. I kept thinking that the chick redneck was somehow going to be involved in identifying her later. But seems like the only reason they were there was to take her money and fill up some time.

~O~
07-21-2015, 01:26 PM
I think she actually underestimated those rednecks. You can infer that she picked that location because it was remote and most likely had backwards access to national Media. I knOw she couldn't go to the ghetto. That's for sure.

Other ways of leaving town were too remote and she would have been recognized.

As I recall, She planned on living off that money and kiLling herself on a specific date. Her plans were hearted but she had to improvise.

Blake
07-21-2015, 02:22 PM
She underestimated how large wads of loose cash will fall out of your pockets when you jump for joy

SpursforSix
07-21-2015, 02:26 PM
I think she actually underestimated those rednecks. You can infer that she picked that location because it was remote and most likely had backwards access to national Media. I knOw she couldn't go to the ghetto. That's for sure.

Other ways of leaving town were too remote and she would have been recognized.

As I recall, She planned on living off that money and kiLling herself on a specific date. Her plans were hearted but she had to improvise.

Obviously underestimated them. I don't have a problem with where she chose to stay. But once they saw the money she knew she needed to bug out. So she should never have let them in.
I'm just picking at it. No real problems since as you mentioned she had planned to kill herself anyway.

DJR210
07-21-2015, 02:50 PM
OP is a homosexual

SpursforSix
07-21-2015, 02:56 PM
OP is a homosexual

then your mom let a homosexual make the buttsecks in her poo hole