PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Ty Lawson Agrees To Make Contract Non-Guaranteed For 16-17

Koolaid_Man
07-21-2015, 05:55 AM
Darfyl Morey is getting just as good as Pop in getting these dumb ass players to play for less, non guarantee their contracts, and all kinds of other stupid shit....what's so bad about this is that these GMs arent doing it to the white players they know the white guys are too smart for that shit..the white guys dont fall for that stupid ass take one for the team shtick so we can win....:lol

Thread
07-21-2015, 06:33 AM
That's a bad precedent by a union member. Cuttin' the throats of the brothers coming down the line. Short sighted assholes. Management just eats this shit up behind the curtain.

Koolaid_Man
07-21-2015, 06:49 AM
That's a bad precedent by a union member. Cuttin' the throats of the brothers coming down the line. Short sighted assholes. Management just eats this shit up behind the curtain.

Whats so bad about this is that even if he has the slightest of hiccups they are gonna off his ass...I just dont understand these players tbh....it makes no sense

K...
07-21-2015, 09:07 AM
Well, is he 100% not going to jail? Should go without saying if you get convicted your nba contract ends. Maybe ty is just jumping the gun.

Also probably a cap rise thing. Getting waived isn't a death sentence as so much money is out there could fail his way to a fat new mid level contact

SPM
07-21-2015, 09:42 AM
Dumb nigga making a big mistake.

Bulaien999
07-21-2015, 09:49 AM
Betting on himself, if he does well theres a chance to work out a deal thats mutually good for both the team and himself

spankadelphia
07-21-2015, 01:42 PM
Does anyone here know any raging alcoholics or drug addicts in real life? Good luck with that shit. I'll be surprised if this dude plays another NBA game.

Thread
07-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Does anyone here know any raging alcoholics or drug addicts in real life? Good luck with that shit. I'll be surprised if this dude plays another NBA game.

The league(s) are chock full of these types, and much worse & yet we set our sights on Lawson?

I don't understand it.

Koolaid_Man
07-21-2015, 02:07 PM
The league(s) are chock full of these types, and much worse & yet we set our sights on Lawson?

I don't understand it.

He did it to himself Cul...either that or Darfyl Morey invited him over told him it was alright patted him on the back....and served up some steak n shrimp with Crown n Coke...got him full and pissy...told him that they really love and appreciate him..then presented the " new" non guaranteed contract....:lol

GuerillaBlack
07-21-2015, 09:23 PM
He did it to himself Cul...either that or Darfyl Morey invited him over told him it was alright patted him on the back....and served up some steak n shrimp with Crown n Coke...got him full and pissy...told him that they really love and appreciate him..then presented the " new" non guaranteed contract....:lol

If he does well, he gets paid 12M or the Rockets release him and he gets a new contract when the salary cap goes up.

spankadelphia
07-21-2015, 09:39 PM

I don't understand it.

All these mf'ers like to drink and do drugs recreationally, but it's a different animal entirely when you're talking about an addict. Professional sports are a high stress, high demand environment that will weed out anyone with a legitimate drug or alcohol dependency. You may have been able to get away with it in the 70's, but that shit won't fly in today's league. The fact that Denver considered waiving him should tell you all you need to know.

Thread
07-21-2015, 09:59 PM
All these mf'ers like to drink and do drugs recreationally, but it's a different animal entirely when you're talking about an addict. Professional sports are a high stress, high demand environment that will weed out anyone with a legitimate drug or alcohol dependency. You may have been able to get away with it in the 70's, but that shit won't fly in today's league. The fact that Denver considered waiving him should tell you all you need to know.

We as a society have chosen to excuse the alcohol & to a lesser extent the drug abuser. One need look no further than the corner bar where people drink then drive with impunity. It is insane. Daily you can read about the catastrophes that take place because of this permissive attitude. Run it thru Google, it is a national disgrace. 2nd, 3rd, endless chances are given to the ones who are caught. Eh, it's senseless to even waste my breath. It will never stop. Too much money is at stake. We're so fortunate that smoking was finally banned inside buildings. All those decades we breathed that shit because too much money was at stake.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-22-2015, 01:38 AM
We as a society have chosen to excuse the alcohol & to a lesser extent the drug abuser. One need look no further than the corner bar where people drink then drive with impunity. It is insane. Daily you can read about the catastrophes that take place because of this permissive attitude. Run it thru Google, it is a national disgrace. 2nd, 3rd, endless chances are given to the ones who are caught. Eh, it's senseless to even waste my breath. It will never stop. Too much money is at stake. We're so fortunate that smoking was finally banned inside buildings. All those decades we breathed that shit because too much money was at stake.
Thank goodness I'm 21 and smoking was banned in buildings in what... January 2001? I didn't breathe much, lol