PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Poll: Christians feeling attacked :(

Blake
07-21-2015, 11:45 AM
The poll finds that among white evangelical Christians, a large 81-percent majority says Christianity is under attack, and more than two-thirds feel religion is losing influence in the country (67 percent).

The numbers are almost as high among Protestants: 68 percent say Christianity is under attack and 59 percent see religion losing ground. *Among Catholics: 54 percent say Christianity is being attacked and 50 percent say religious influence is waning. *Overall, nearly a third of voters say they attend religious services at least once a week (31 percent). *Most show up less often: 12 percent attend almost every week, 13 percent once a month, 23 percent seldom and 18 percent never. *Among weekly attenders, 73 percent believe Christianity is under attack and 59 percent say religion is losing influence. *Republicans are 45 percentage points more likely than Democrats to feel Christianity is under attack (80 percent vs. 35 percent). *

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/21/fox-news-poll-christians-feel-under-attack/

Blake
07-21-2015, 11:47 AM
Poor persecuted wasps.

Times are tough.

Spurminator
07-21-2015, 11:47 AM
Entitlement mentality.

boutons_deux
07-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Bible humpers make up shit and it becomes their reality.

truth seekers! :lol

Oh, Gee!!
07-21-2015, 11:51 AM
spiritual warfare is easy to assert, difficult to disprove.

Blake
07-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Eh, the Bible is easy enough to disprove as being the infallible word of gawd

DarrinS
07-21-2015, 12:23 PM
You'd never know if from reading cuck's non-Christianity threads

Clipper Nation
07-21-2015, 01:06 PM
You'll never see the cuck making threads about how Muslim immigrants in Europe feel slighted when their new home countries don't immediately change their cultures to become the third-world shitholes they just left, though.

:lol Fake "atheist"
:lol Hides behind atheism when he really just hates Christianity
:lol The guy who cucked him must have been a devout Christian

boutons_deux
07-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Christian Taliban supremacists are pissed that their strategy of imposing their Biblical fantasies, ethics, morals, hate, discrimination on, persecution of everybody else is getting push back.

Trill Clinton
07-21-2015, 01:28 PM
White christians are the worst.

DarrinS
07-21-2015, 01:47 PM

naturally

DarrinS
07-21-2015, 01:50 PM
except white evangelicals helped end slavery

boutons_deux
07-21-2015, 02:03 PM

The SOUTHERN Baptist Convention was created in support of slavery.

Blake
07-21-2015, 02:07 PM
You'll never see the cuck making threads about how Muslim immigrants in Europe feel slighted when their new home countries don't immediately change their cultures to become the third-world shitholes they just left, though.

:lol Fake "atheist"
:lol Hides behind atheism when he really just hates Christianity
:lol The guy who cucked him must have been a devout Christian

We'll see you propping up straw men in all of my threads tho

The guy who cucked him must have been a devout Christian

Do you read what you write before clicking the post reply button

Blake
07-21-2015, 02:17 PM

Lol disingenuous per the ol par

some helped end it, some helped endorse it

Whereas an earlier generation of evangelical preachers had opposed slavery in the South during the early nineteenth century, Protestant clergymen began to defend the institution, invoking a Christian hierarchy in which slaves were bound to obey their masters. For many slaveholders, this outlook not only made evangelical Christianity more palatable, but also provided a strong argument for converting slaves and establishing biracial churches.*Revival Meeting. Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs Division.Even so, with much of the religious life of the slave community existing as an "invisible institution," beyond the purview of whites or formal churches, white control over African-American religious practices and spiritual beliefs was limited. Slave preachers might emphasize the need for obedience to the master while whites were present, but among other slaves they reformulated their teachings, emphasizing themes of suffering and redemption......

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/slavery/experience/religion/history2.html

Trill Clinton
07-21-2015, 02:24 PM

http://thememesfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/1235462_10151603392301681_1027968550_n1.jpg

Trill Clinton
07-21-2015, 02:26 PM
naturally

if there was one spot open in heaven and it came down to me and you, God would let me in. word.

Spurminator
07-21-2015, 02:26 PM

Not the ones at the church you would have most likely gone to.

No offense.

baseline bum
07-21-2015, 02:32 PM

Holy shit, I never knew this, but I can't say it's at all surprising. :lol

DarrinS
07-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Not the ones at the church you would have most likely gone to.

No offense.

What church would I attend if I attended church? You seem to think you know.

101A
07-21-2015, 02:35 PM
Poor persecuted wasps.

Times are tough.

Entitlement mentality.

Bible humpers

truth seekers! :lol

Christian Taliban supremacists

Eh, the Bible is easy enough to disprove as being the infallible word of gawd

Biblical fantasies

Irony.

Blake
07-21-2015, 02:44 PM
Irony.

poor persecuted Christians

DarrinS
07-21-2015, 02:45 PM
poor persecuted Christians

poor cuck

Spurminator
07-21-2015, 02:49 PM
What church would I attend if I attended church? You seem to think you know.

That was unnecessarily personal, I apologize.

However, the "white Christians helped end slavery / marched with MLK" thing has been bandied about exhaustively by people from churches and denominations who almost certainly would have opposed the end of those things. It's like if the church I grew up in, in 50 years, bragged that Christians helped bring mainstream acceptance to homosexuals and gay marriage because of how Episcopalians and other more liberal denominations have treated it.

lakerhaterade
07-21-2015, 03:12 PM
poor cuck
:lmao

Clipper Nation
07-21-2015, 03:13 PM
poor cuck
:lol

lakerhaterade
After every thread like this I just sit here and think poor ol neglected daughter:cry

Sportcamper

Not nice Trill...

http://www.murphsplace.com/crowe/braddock/images8/giamatti2.jpg

Spurminator
07-21-2015, 03:28 PM
Irony.

I'm not proud to be quoted with boutons and I certainly don't have a daily vendetta against Christianity seeing as I still regularly attend church, but it's hard to argue that a huge segment of Christians, including most of those in this poll, have an entitlement mentality when it comes to government validation of their beliefs. Whenever laws move away from codifying Christian principles like traditional marriage, the response is that the faith is under attack. And it's not hard to imagine what the response would be if churches were ever seriously threatened with losing their tax benefits (entitlements). I doubt we'll see that in our lifetimes though.

Blake
07-21-2015, 04:29 PM
poor cuck

Nope, I don't feel attacked by you calling me cuck. This is just a messageboard.

Blake
07-21-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm not proud to be quoted with boutons and I certainly don't have a daily vendetta against Christianity seeing as I still regularly attend church, but it's hard to argue that a huge segment of Christians, including most of those in this poll, have an entitlement mentality when it comes to government validation of their beliefs. Whenever laws move away from codifying Christian principles like traditional marriage, the response is that the faith is under attack. And it's not hard to imagine what the response would be if churches were ever seriously threatened with losing their tax benefits (entitlements). I doubt we'll see that in our lifetimes though.

refreshingly well spoken

Blake
07-21-2015, 04:33 PM
After every thread like this I just sit here and think poor ol neglected daughter:cry

When you show up just to talk about me, while I'm out and about typing this on my phone, I'm thinking rofl you sitting there obsessed with me

vy65
07-21-2015, 04:40 PM
The poll finds that among white evangelical Christians, a large 81-percent majority says Christianity is under attack, and more than two-thirds feel religion is losing influence in the country (67 percent).

What's wrong with those numbers? You don't think evangelical Christianity is under attack? Or that the country is getting less religious?

I think evangelical Christians are idiots, but they're probably suffering a non-negligible amount of discrimination.

boutons_deux
07-21-2015, 04:57 PM
What's wrong with those numbers? You don't think evangelical Christianity is under attack? Or that the country is getting less religious?

I think evangelical Christians are idiots, but they're probably suffering a non-negligible amount of discrimination.

:lol holy shit

list the "attacks" on Christians. :lol

vy65
07-21-2015, 05:03 PM
:lol holy shit

list the "attacks" on Christians. :lol

Is Evangelical Christianity gaining or losing popular acceptance?

Spurminator
07-21-2015, 05:23 PM

Christian influence on our laws is losing popular acceptance. That's quite different from Christianity being under attack. Christianity's existence is not dependent on validation through theocracy.

Blake
07-21-2015, 05:23 PM

Lol.

I think when gays get married that a lot of Christians feel a phantom kick in the nuts

vy65
07-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Christian influence on our laws is losing popular acceptance. That's quite different from Christianity being under attack. Christianity's existence is not dependent on validation through theocracy.

Is there a difference between mainstream Christianity and evangelicalism?

vy65
07-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Lol.

I think when gays get married that a lot of Christians feel a phantom kick in the nuts

You just love living vicariously, don't you?

Blake
07-21-2015, 05:36 PM
You just love living vicariously, don't you?

Neh, I'm looking at the outrage from preachers and loling at their pain

vy65
07-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Neh, I'm looking at the outrage from preachers and loling at their pain

Why? Do you have nothing better to do or lol at?

boobie4three
07-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Christian bakers! They're the REAL bane of society.

They must be destroyed! ..WHO'S WITH ME?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/krakee/Cake_zpswc9h9gh7.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/krakee/media/Cake_zpswc9h9gh7.jpg.html)

ElNono
07-21-2015, 06:04 PM
:lol I was wondering when somebody was going to bring up the bakers in this thread

boutons_deux
07-21-2015, 06:33 PM

"losing popularity" isn't "attacks" :lol

TeyshaBlue
07-21-2015, 06:42 PM
This is hardly surprising to anyone with a room temperature IQ. Contemporary Christians are watching the erosion of what was once societal norms ie prayers in school, prayers before games, religious displays, etc. As the country and our society continues to move to a more secular mode, it's not surprising that Christians feel some form of persecution, whether it's really persecution or not.

Blake
07-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Why? Do you have nothing better to do or lol at?

I can spare a few minutes out of the day to lol at Christians that cry about gays and the government attacking them.

Do you have nothing better to do than to be on this board discussing my thoughts?

Blake
07-21-2015, 06:44 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/krakee/Cake_zpswc9h9gh7.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/krakee/media/Cake_zpswc9h9gh7.jpg.html)

Lol

Slutter McGee
07-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Oh is this dipshit laughing at groups who feel persecuted....groups he disagrees with....haha, these people feel persecuted. fuck them....yay liberalism...that is what we stand for. LETS ALL REJOICE IN PEOPLE I DISLIKE FEELING PERSECUTED...in the name of God....sorry nevermind, JFK.

Slutter McGee

ElNono
07-21-2015, 06:47 PM
This is hardly surprising to anyone with a room temperature IQ. Contemporary Christians are watching the erosion of what was once societal norms ie prayers in school, prayers before games, religious displays, etc. As the country and our society continues to move to a more secular mode, it's not surprising that Christians feel some form of persecution, whether it's really persecution or not.

Agreed.

vy65
07-21-2015, 06:51 PM
I can spare a few minutes out of the day to lol at Christians that cry about gays and the government attacking them.

Do you have nothing better to do than to be on this board discussing my thoughts?

lol

boutons_deux
07-21-2015, 07:03 PM
"not surprising that Christians feel some form of persecution"

Bible humpers believe, "feel" all kinds of weird, made up shit, erroneous crap, all of which nobody is stopping them from believing or "feeling".

USA is a pluralistic, diverse society and country, NOT a Christian society and Christian country. Pushing back against Christian authoritarian impositions isn't persecution. it's fun!

vy65
07-21-2015, 07:06 PM

Bible humpers believe, "feel" all kinds of weird, made up shit, erroneous crap, all of which nobody is stopping them from believing or "feeling".

USA is a pluralistic, diverse society and country, NOT a Christian society and Christian. Pushing back against Christian authoritarian impositions isn't persecution. it's fun!

Couldn't get through all the irony of this post

TeyshaBlue
07-21-2015, 09:19 PM

USA is a pluralistic, diverse society and country, NOT a Christian society and Christian country. Pushing back against Christian authoritarian impositions isn't persecution. it's fun!

Shut the fuck up. The grownups are talking.

pgardn
07-21-2015, 11:00 PM

Hey.

I was going to say something like this.
Get out of my head satan.

boutons_deux
07-22-2015, 08:05 AM
"non-negligible amount of discrimination."

... examples?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2015, 08:26 AM

:lol I was wondering when somebody was going to bring up the bakers in this threadThe new Godwin tbh.

Aztecfan03
07-22-2015, 09:19 AM
suing people because they won't do something that is against their religion is an attack on their religion.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2015, 09:28 AM
suing people because they won't do something that is against their religion is an attack on their religion.It couldn't possibly be an assertion of one's own rights, could it?

Blake
07-22-2015, 09:31 AM
suing people because they won't do something that is against their religion is an attack on their religion.

the fight goes both ways

boutons_deux
07-22-2015, 09:34 AM

bullshit, total bullshit, all rigthwingnut Christian supremacist BULL FUCKING SHIT

selling someone a product doesn't endorse that person's lifestyle, etc. It's a business transaction, not a religious act.

why don't cake bakers ask all their customers whether they have committed adultery, beat their spouses, screwed their kids, take illegal drugs?

vy65
07-22-2015, 10:04 AM
selling someone a product doesn't endorse that person's lifestyle, etc. It's a business transaction, not a religious act.

So you eat a lot of Chik-fil-A?

pgardn
07-22-2015, 10:09 AM

When people look over the basic tenets of a religion they seem to add quite a bit of extra sauce that is, " against their religion". Where in the Bible does it say, "thou shall not sell muffins to people who might be homosexuals" ?

boutons_deux
07-22-2015, 10:11 AM

I don't eat fried foods

Blake
07-22-2015, 10:17 AM

They've got great grilled chicken salads tbh. The Asian one ftw

vy65
07-22-2015, 10:18 AM
I don't eat fried foods

Their grilled chicken sandwhich is pretty solid

boutons_deux
07-22-2015, 10:22 AM
Their grilled chicken sandwhich is pretty solid

grilled is ok, but their chickens are probably from the worst of the worst chicken factories

Blake
07-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Where in the Bible does it say, "thou shall not sell muffins to people who might be homosexuals" ?

It says to put to death the people who are homosexuals

Spurminator
07-22-2015, 11:53 AM

It feels that way moreso because of how those (very rare) lawsuits are amplified anytime they happen. Even if the lawsuit is frivolous, there are hundreds of other frivolous lawsuits happening every day.

If there was going to be a gay rush on Christian wedding businesses just so they could sue, that would have happened by now.

Spurminator
07-22-2015, 11:54 AM
When people look over the basic tenets of a religion they seem to add quite a bit of extra sauce that is, " against their religion". Where in the Bible does it say, "thou shall not sell muffins to people who might be homosexuals" ?

Based on what I know about Jesus, I have a hard time believing he wouldn't have done carpentry work for a gay couple.

Blake
07-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Based on what I know about Jesus, I have a hard time believing he wouldn't have done carpentry work for a gay couple.

His father would just destroy them

DarrinS
07-22-2015, 01:17 PM
grilled is ok, but their chickens are probably from the worst of the worst chicken factories

As opposed to the really nice chicken factories. :lmao

boutons_deux
07-22-2015, 01:25 PM

those are not the only two types of chicken producers, but it's clear you're too stupid to imagine other sources

boutons_deux
07-22-2015, 08:22 PM

https://video-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xaf1/v/t42.1790-2/10551216_810825958957060_452362591_n.mp4?efg=eyJyb HIiOjY1OCwicmxhIjoyNTcwfQ%3D%3D&rl=658&vabr=366&oh=7647eb400f93e5c3b8b31fa48be6e83a&oe=55B065DD