PDA

View Full Version : Revelation player/most improved player of our team next season?.

daledondale
07-21-2015, 04:55 PM
Lamarcus & West are great players, of course, that's why i don't count they in this thread.

I refer to the "unexpected guy", in a manner of speaking. Who do you think will have a better 2015-2016 season in his role?.

Discuss.

Shipupi
07-21-2015, 04:56 PM
I'm expecting Ray to come out of nowhere and blow us out of our mind

TheGreatYacht
07-21-2015, 04:57 PM
Patty will certainly shoot better than last year, and he'll be Manu's primary and only sharpshooter, so he's my pick.

daledondale
07-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Patty will certainly shoot better than last year, and he'll be Manu's primary and only sharpshooter, so he's my pick.
If Patty raises shooting threes like a demon next season, i don't know if it will be a surprise, he showed us that he can :lol.
But it's true that past season wasn't a good one for him.

steeledl
07-21-2015, 08:49 PM
Simmons or Ray Mac . Depends if ginobili has anything left.... Simmons will eventually get a lot of minutes if ginobilis game regresses to where it was at the end of last year and even further.

daledondale
07-21-2015, 09:04 PM
Simmons or Ray Mac . Depends if ginobili has anything left.... Simmons will eventually get a lot of minutes if ginobilis game regresses to where it was at the end of last year and even further.
I think Manu will be Manu, it helps him very much that we're very deep. If there isn't injury problems with our team, he will play less minutes in RS and show up for sure in playoffs. This season we have Simmons and Kyle to play and getting him some rest.

AFBlue
07-21-2015, 09:08 PM
I think Bobi because he'll get a chance to contribute as the only true Center on the team. I wanted to pick Simmons, but I can't see him breaking through in the lineup in any reliable way this year. Hopefully they all break out though tbqh.

z0sa
07-21-2015, 09:17 PM
He really doesnt fit into either of the topic categories, at least not in a strict sense, but a healthy Patty Mills will make a bigger difference than all those players, imho.

BillMc
07-21-2015, 09:28 PM
He really doesnt fit into either of the topic categories, at least not in a strict sense, but a healthy Patty Mills will make a bigger difference than all those players, imho.

Guess someone could do a "best comeback" poll that might include Patty and a few others.

BD24
07-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Really hoping its Ray. We are most likely going to need him to start at some point in the season when Parker goes down with an injury, he has shown potential in the past. I was a Cojo fan and was sad to lose him, but Ray has a higher ceiling imo.

z0sa
07-21-2015, 10:09 PM
Guess someone could do a "best comeback" poll that might include Patty and a few others.

with CoJo gone, I wonder how hes going to respond to having the backup 1 all but locked up from the first day of training camp? Itd be a shame if he didnt regain his masterful 2014 form..

Darkwaters
07-21-2015, 10:28 PM
The New England Revolution?

Probably Lee Nguyen

BillMc
07-21-2015, 10:40 PM
with CoJo gone, I wonder how hes going to respond to having the backup 1 all but locked up from the first day of training camp? Itd be a shame if he didnt regain his masterful 2014 form..

I get the impression that Patty is a tough worker. I think any trouble he has would be more mechanical than mental. I'm sure Patty is putting the time in. And Ray may push him if he doesn't. He might be better than CoJo. We'll see.

BackHome
07-22-2015, 12:52 AM
Having just had Pattys surgery I can well understand the dip he had to his production. I though fully expecte Patty to be at his best this season. Go Spurs.

Spurtacular
07-22-2015, 01:22 AM
I'm expecting Ray to come out of nowhere and blow us out of our mind

I'm not. But there's a chance he'll be better in this system as the third PG than CoJo was.

tim_duncan_fan
07-22-2015, 01:44 AM
Ray and Jon are gonna be fucking FUN on the court together. I can't wait.

SAGirl
07-22-2015, 01:52 AM
Really hoping its Ray. We are most likely going to need him to start at some point in the season when Parker goes down with an injury, he has shown potential in the past. I was a Cojo fan and was sad to lose him, but Ray has a higher ceiling imo.
I haven't watched Ray play other than some highlights, but I am too hoping he breaks out. I just feel we will need him to play well due to Parker's inevitable rest and injuries. He may be subbed in some small ball lineups too. Since he is kind of a mystery to me I am intrigued.

I like Anderson a lot as well, and hope he plays well, but Ray is a vet, he's more likely to show up on a regular basis if he has minutes. Kyle I expect more to be on and off which is expected as a 2nd yr player. I would just look for continued improvement for Kyle. Simmons we still have to see at this level, so I am holding myself back on expecting a huge breakthrough. Even lottery picks struggle in their rookie seasons, not going to place that weight on Simmons and get disappointed right off the bat.

KL2
07-22-2015, 02:07 AM
McCallum. He was on the verge of having a breakout season with SAC under Karl, another off season of getting better, I think this is his breakout year, and Spurs need that back up behind Porker.

Pop will give KA the nod over Simms, if he plays relatively well he'll stick with him, if not he'll give him all the way until mid season before he plays Simms. Either way I don't see either guy getting significant time in the playoffs, Pop is too stubborn.
Marjanovic will only see spot minutes, 10-15 a game max.

I just don't trust Pop to play these guys significant minutes or give them a big enough role regardless of how well they play in the regular season, there has to be injuries in order for that to happen.

silverblackfan
07-22-2015, 07:09 AM
Mostly due to projected playing time, I would bet Anderson improves the most. He has already improved a lot during Summer League. The kid is a sponge and just needs time to play at the NBA pace. It helps that NBA players can usually catch the pass. (Now that Jeff Ayers is gone)
The other guys probably wont get as much time to show their improvement. Simmons has a lot of ability and I am sure Pop and the staff will work him into a better player with less bone-head mistakes. OTOH, he will probably be the rookie we talk the most about this season.
Boban is my dark horse for improvement. Strictly because of comments from other fans who have said he really improved this last year. He must have for the Spurs to snatch him up and put him in the league. If he can get up to speed, he may also be a revelation.

buttsR4rebounding
07-22-2015, 07:49 AM

If you include Patty Mills you would have to include Tony Parker. He is my bet for most improved this year. I think he has stopped taking his health for granted and is finally being pro-active regarding conditioning.

From Downtown
07-22-2015, 07:58 AM
Bobi will surprise you

mrtxstar
07-22-2015, 08:00 AM
Patty is the real deal that the rest of the league needs to take heed of. He is way underrated by the media and I'm hoping he is finally recognized this year as the diamond in the rough that he is. He consistently picks up Parkers slack which increasingly gets more noticeable each season. I'm actual okay with Patty getting the starting job.

daledondale
07-22-2015, 08:38 AM

As i said before: If Patty raises shooting threes like a demon next season, i don't know if it will be a surprise, he showed us that he can :lol.
But it's true that past season wasn't a good one for him.

MaineSpursFan
07-22-2015, 08:52 AM
Unless it's Tony Parker we're in trouble.

barbacoataco
07-22-2015, 09:53 AM
I'd be surprised if any of those guys have big seasons. If Manu gets injured or old maybe Anderson. Not sure he will be successful in NBA, but hope he is.

ceperez
07-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Likely to be McCallum simply because he's going to get the most touches and playing time.

Biggest upside is Simmons, but I seriously doubt that the Spurs let him run the offense like he did in SL.

I will be absolutely surprised if Pop lets Anderson play point.

barbacoataco
07-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Of course you never know how injuries affect this. For one of these players to be an impact player, one of the regular rotation players would have to miss significant time.

TheDoctor
07-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Why Tony is not in the Poll? After the last 2 seasons he can easily be our Revelation/Most improved player of the team next season.

LiSpurs516
07-22-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm gonna say it'll be Ray. With Patty being a 2 in a 1's body and the question marks surrounding Parker, you saw Cojo have a decent amount of playing time last season. With Ray starting to breakout under Karl I think this is a great spot for him to reach his potential.

barbacoataco
07-22-2015, 10:53 AM
I'm gonna say it'll be Ray. With Patty being a 2 in a 1's body and the question marks surrounding Parker, you saw Cojo have a decent amount of playing time last season. With Ray starting to breakout under Karl I think this is a great spot for him to reach his potential.
Good point.

PrimeMinister
07-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Pop gets shit around here for playing Parker too much, and for various other perceived deficiencies, but over the years he has adapted this team to the personnel at hand. With manu aging, and perhaps taking on a more reserve role, it stands to reason that this is the year Pop would be grooming another explosive playmaker off the bench. Not saying Simmons is going to be averaging high MPG and he will certainly have his share of DNPs, but I expect in the minutes he does get, Pop will be putting the ball in his hands to see what type of offense he can create at the NBA level. Jonathon has the type of complementary skill set (from the limited action we've seen) to work well with the bench unit, and especially patty. If he gets burn with a unit of Mills/Simmons/manu or Anderson/west/Boban we will see pop task him with making plays.

TXstbobcat
07-22-2015, 11:00 AM
I don't know that much about Ray McCallum, but I am hoping he can come in and solidify the backup point guard position to allow Patty to play more at the shooting guard position.