PDA

View Full Version : Pop Wins - "Coach you most want to play for"

Mnky
07-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Link (http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Popovich-named-Coach-you-most-want-to-play-6399770.php)

The awards, featuring such esoteric categories as "Hardest to guard" and "Player you secretly wish was on your team," was started this year to give players a voice with NBA awards, of which the officially sanctioned batch have been voted on by the media since 1981.

C.I.A. Pop doing work.

Chinook
07-22-2015, 03:04 PM
:lol there are a ton of players in the league who probably want to stay as far away from Pop as possible.

Mnky
07-22-2015, 03:07 PM
Probably but not likely, according to reality.

wildbill2u
07-22-2015, 03:13 PM
:lol there are a ton of players in the league who probably want to stay as far away from Pop as possible.

Sure, the prima donnas, the 'me and my stats' guys and players who can't stand losing minutes wouldn't like to play for him. The players who want to be judged every day on their merit (virtually every bench rotation player) would like a shot at a title with a coach who will give them a chance.

Sean Cagney
07-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Sure, the prima donnas, the 'me and my stats' guys and players who can't stand losing minutes wouldn't like to play for him. The players who want to be judged every day on their merit (virtually every bench rotation player) would like a shot at a title with a coach who will give them a chance.

Those are the ones who say they are about winning and want to go to SA and then at the last minute go for a little more money to a team and never ring and flame out pretty quickly..... Happens a lot.

Dro210
07-22-2015, 04:51 PM
That awards show was a joke. Just a circle jerk for Chris Paul and LeBron's little NBA inner circle.

The first award was for best defender. Kawhi wasn't even nominated, DeAndre Jordan won, lol. At that point it became a joke and it only got worse.

It's funny that Kawhi destroys all of those fags so bad that they hate him that much. To not even nominate the DPoY and best defensive player in the game is such an obvious, intentional slight.

dabom
07-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Of course they would wanna join now that the team is stacked. :lmao

BillMc
07-22-2015, 05:00 PM
To not even nominate the DPoY and best defensive player in the game is such an obvious, intentional slight.

Hopefully KL uses it as motivation. Killed any chance the award plus big contract plus already having a ring satisfied him..,(Not that Kawhi would do that, just saying it can't happen now).

TXstbobcat
07-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Of course they would wanna join now that the team is stacked. :lmao

David West agrees with you.

rjv
07-22-2015, 05:27 PM
did they have a player most likely to steal another player's girlfriend/wife award?

dabom
07-22-2015, 05:30 PM
did they have a player most likely to steal another player's girlfriend/wife award?

Spurs winning all kinds of awards. :lmao

Mnky
07-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Kawhi not making top 4 is pretty Cray. Then again, those big guys are more likely to be remembered since they have more interaction. People prally remembering that one shot of theirs deandre sent into the stands. Kawhi on the other hand takes one person and makes them dissapear. :lol

It's interesting how much Pops presence is felt by the players around the league tho.

peacemaker885
07-22-2015, 08:37 PM
I just heard that Ray Mccallum was the one who accepted the award for Pop.

SPURt
07-22-2015, 08:46 PM
This is the same thing as asking someone what they are going to eat tomorrow and they say "kale and baked fish". Then next day comes and they are sitting in a Wendy's with fries in a frosty. The majority of the NBA love their stats more than winning. I can't say it's a totally bad thing because inflated stats get folks paid, but these awards are a joke.

SupremeGuy
07-22-2015, 08:53 PM
did they have a player most likely to steal another player's girlfriend/wife award?:rollin

cutewizard
07-22-2015, 10:27 PM
best offseason by a mile

thanks Poppie

its Poppie time, experiment with a lot of different combinations this year

but dont forget the big picture, lol

http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/gregg-popovich.jpg

cutewizard
07-22-2015, 10:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETxmCCsMoD0

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Money Money Money"

I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
Ain't it sad
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
That's too bad
In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man
I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball...

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world

A man like that is hard to find but I can't get him off my mind
Ain't it sad
And if he happens to be free I bet he wouldn't fancy me
That's too bad
So I must leave, I'll have to go
To Las Vegas or Monaco
And win a fortune in a game, my life will never be the same...

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world

It's a rich man's world

------------------------------------------

REPLACE THE WORD MONEY WITH "POPPIE"

cutewizard
07-22-2015, 11:33 PM
https://semihproblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/gregg-popovich-meme-4.png?w=840