PDA

View Full Version : Who is the spurs Nutritionist? And How advanced is basketball or the spurs in this..

apalisoc_9
07-22-2015, 04:10 PM
department?

I was reading an article about Novak Djokovic and his diet and how it allows him to compete at a high level. Tennis and soccer players are huge with diet and stuff. I don't know if the spurs have people that watch players but a few questions popped into my head.

How Important is diet in basketball? Watching PJ tucker eat nachos in front of his own coach makes me wonder if it's even important...But then we also know of players that were playing at an all-star level only to fall of a Cliff after gaining weight and eating huge amounts of donuts, croissant, French fries and so on..Kemp, Williams etc.

I watched Lowe interview Reddick a few months ago and they talked about diet...

He said during his first 5 years, he didn't give a shit..ate all sorts of junk foods and the end of result was feeling shitty every now and then. He said when he changed to a healthy diet, he would feel less tired after games.

We know Manu and TD changed their diets too..

What is your opinion on imposing punishments on players that don't follow a certain calorie intake on a daily basis? It's probably impossible to monitor but in some Soccer youth Academy, they forced kids to eat lunch, breakfast and dinner on their academy to ensure proper diet...

your thoughts on sports nutrition....

TheGreatYacht
07-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Did you go to turkey for that hair loss problem you had... I mean we are talking about health, body, etc

Spur|n|Austin
07-22-2015, 04:17 PM
2/10

2 pts. for sneaky effort.

TXstbobcat
07-22-2015, 04:18 PM
My nutritional recommendation for everyone is anything on the whataburger or taco cabana menu.

manufan10
07-22-2015, 04:18 PM
I don't know about punishing players for calorie intake, but maybe having an ideal weight/body fat %. They do something similar to NFL guys who come in over their ideal weight.

manufan10
07-22-2015, 04:19 PM
2/10

2 pts. for sneaky effort.

:lol

TXstbobcat
07-22-2015, 04:20 PM
I don't know about punishing players for calorie intake, but maybe having an ideal weight/body fat %. They do something similar to NFL guys who come in over their ideal weight.

I did read the book that Shaq wrote and he talked about Pat Riley enforcing strict body fat percentages for the players when he played for the heat.

dabom
07-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Maybe a little tough. Their is a lot of travelling. The guys with bad habits get fucked.

AFMadison
07-22-2015, 04:21 PM
More important than your posts.

I think players who don't maintain a proper nutrition should continue getting paid, and banging chicks.

You should really stop hating on Bobo. He did his part in the finals against Miami and was a key component within the team.

apalisoc_9
07-22-2015, 04:24 PM
I did read the book that Shaq wrote and he talked about Pat Riley enforcing strict body fat percentages for the players when he played for the heat.

interesting..

I know for sure youth soccer academy in the world impose strict dietary plans.

I know in Japan some schools force their soccer varsities to eat lunch and Breakfast in school..Food is for free, but they can't choose the food they eat.

jyra
07-22-2015, 04:24 PM
You can't force players into dieting but you can give them some additional incentives (money) to stay in shape.

Most importantly, Diaw's deal features $500,000 in annual performance bonuses in the form of a weight clause. Each season, he gets:

• $150,000 for weighing less than or equal to 254 pounds on Oct. 25

• $150,000 for weighing less than or equal to 254 pounds on the first Tuesday after the All-Star Game

• $200,000 for weighing less than or equal to 254 pounds on April 1

Basically, the Spurs have given Diaw a real incentive to make weight at three important junctures of the season: opening night, post-All-Star stretch and playoff push.

The structure of this contract gives the team some leverage to keep the player motivated while giving him an incentive to continue to perform at a high level.