PDA

View Full Version : The ridiculous sportsmanship commercial that came on during the playoffs years ago

Purch
07-22-2015, 05:56 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9x0LgNVQjyY

Finally found this crap

Blows my mind now that I saw it again after all these years

How many of you remember this?

TXstbobcat
07-22-2015, 05:59 PM
The coach cut Alex from the team right after that game. :lmao

timvp
07-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Alex looks like a good prospect for Spurs classketball.

kawhidoyoudothistome
07-22-2015, 06:07 PM
Idk why, but I kinda liked it lol. Poor Alex.

Purch
07-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Lmao Alex transferred to a different school 2 days later

DesignatedT
07-22-2015, 06:41 PM
the fuck

BillMc
07-22-2015, 06:42 PM
In reality Alex has money on the opponent, throwing the game for $$$

kawhidoyoudothistome
07-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Lmao Alex transferred to a different school 2 days later

"Transferred" :depressed

disciple
07-22-2015, 06:44 PM
What is it you don't like?

The quality of production or that he sided with the other team?

jag
07-22-2015, 06:53 PM
That type of attitude is why other dudes run train on his girl

ElNono
07-22-2015, 07:03 PM
I really liked the part when Chump asks him "How many times did you touch it, Alex? be specific"

skulls138
07-22-2015, 07:10 PM
Good for you Alex. I think we could all learn a thing or two from him.

MultiTroll
07-22-2015, 07:12 PM
:lol The white pimple faced kid saying "its the championship game"
in whigger style with fake black ghetto accent.

Like so many ST profiles.

wildcardX
07-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Alex didn't touch the ball!! He was just trying to cover the over/under on his bet.

BatManu20
07-22-2015, 08:05 PM
"Alex's body was found 3 days later behind the school cafeteria."

steeledl
07-22-2015, 08:06 PM
:lmao Almost as bad as this superbowl commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3GpXgFwWmk

SPURt
07-22-2015, 08:34 PM
:lmao Almost as bad as this superbowl commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3GpXgFwWmk
Good thing Becky missed that part of puberty

steeledl
07-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Good thing Becky missed that part of puberty
Must have or she would be stuck in the kitchen making sandwiches and shit apparently .

SPURt
07-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Must have or she would be stuck in the kitchen making sandwiches and shit apparently .
Or peeing sitting down

rexrobinson
07-22-2015, 08:57 PM
and now the world is subjected to "Hero Ball" commercials

SPURt
07-22-2015, 09:01 PM
and now the world is subjected to "Hero Ball" commercials
Someone in the NBA's PR/Marketing departments either doesn't know the colloquial meaning or is trolling the ISO ballers hard

callo1
07-22-2015, 09:42 PM
No problem with either video...production in the Superbowl comercial was strange, but the messages in both were good.

Some of the off color comments in this thread show the reality of how out of touch we are with right and wrong...myself included at times. I do not pretend to be golden.

The key to Becky Hammond finding such success in her life is do to her not really paying any mind to fools who make foolish, negative gender specific comments, or paying full mind to those aforementioned comments, but letting them provide her with the burning motivation to prove the naysayers wrong...I believe in her case it might be a combination of both.

Lol @ chumps on this forum making sophomoric comments about her, and women in general, when she is the one employed by the best organization in pro sports while they just sit behind their keyboards thinking they know more about the sport in general.

spurs10
07-22-2015, 09:57 PM
Alex was attacked by his teammates in the shower and was never able to procreate.

TheDoctor
07-22-2015, 10:04 PM
That type of attitude is why other dudes run train on his girl

But I don't remember him playing for the Spurs, much less being Tony's teammate.

daledondale
07-22-2015, 10:15 PM
Good for you Alex..now i hope you play for the Mavericks.

Purch
07-23-2015, 06:41 AM
When you're trying to develop morals for your children and you present a hypothetical scenario, you're supposed to be honest with them about the reality of the situation. The reality is that calls go in your favor, and calls don't throughout the course of the season. The reality is that you'll lose just as many games due to bad calls as you'll win. The reality is that you're putting your personal guilt above your teamates who've battled and died with you for this moment. The reality is that you're gonna be alienated by your team and classmates for a child's game. One of the major things they teach you at any level of basketball is not to complain about the refs, because it's up to your tesam to dictate the action. The coaches response is unrealistic.

If you want to teach your kid realistic morals about basketball a better example would have been....

Breaking up a potential fight between your teamate and someone on the other team... Being the first person in practice and the last person to leave....taking responsibility for a bad mistake you made to lose the game... Cheering your teamates on, even though you're stuck in the bench.. Saying no to drugs cause you have a bright future In sports.....Refusing to talk back when someone on the other team is trash talking... Comforting that player on your team who just missed the last shot.... Staying out late to help your teamate improve on a weakness..Offering a hand to someone on the other team who fell down on the floor

Every example I just gave are realistic moral actions that can easily teach players to be class acts on the basketball court and be leaders for their teamates. The commercial that I posted, is a way to be hated by your teamates, because the decision is morally ambiguous at best, and is illogical.

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 07:22 AM
I'm not for this level of honesty b/c frankly one kid will do it and everyone else won't; and he'll just be a liability. But I am for teaching kids not to complain against calls that the refs got right. Those players get found out fast, anyways.

buttsR4rebounding
07-23-2015, 07:45 AM
As a referee I would not change the call if a kid says he didn't touch it and I saw him and I wouldn't change it if he said he did touch it. A ref has to call it as he sees it. The only thing that would change that is another ref seeing it better.

Purch
07-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Exactly

disciple
07-23-2015, 06:03 PM
Wow, good reflection of how our society has moved from absolute truth. Be an honest person................unless.

BD24
07-23-2015, 06:11 PM
haha i remember this commercial. My friends and I always ripped on it because no way in hell a coach would ever say to tell the ref and as someone above stated no way the ref would ever change his call because of that bs. Such a stupid commerical.

ffadicted
07-23-2015, 06:33 PM
LOL what in the name of... I never saw this, what a fucking beta haha

Purch
07-23-2015, 06:33 PM
I always though it was a usa basketball commercial.. That's why I could never find it.. Should have known it was values.com

ffadicted
07-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Also, this fucking guy LOL

http://i57.tinypic.com/ngqdna.png

Purch
07-24-2015, 08:14 AM
Lmao

Embedded
07-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Poor lighting

Embedded
07-24-2015, 08:46 AM
Where are they now: Alex bleached his skin, straightened his hair, got his credit score in the 700's, and became referee Tim Donaghy

Purch
07-26-2015, 06:39 AM
Imagine Alex going to school the next day

Rob123
07-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Yall scare me. This commercial is awesome. Be honest don't be a cheat. You shouldn't need unfair advantages to win and if you lose its just a game. When I play pickup i try to be as honest as possible it's a way better experience

Purch
07-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Yall scare me. This commercial is awesome. Be honest don't be a cheat. You shouldn't need unfair advantages to win and if you lose its just a game. When I play pickup i try to be as honest as possible it's a way better experience

Lol. Everyone here is honest in pick up games. Pick up games don't have refs who are paid to make the right calls. Pick up games don't have refs that make bad calls against your team. That's the nature of the game, bad calls go against you, and bad calls go in your teams favor. There's no unfair advantage. The ref misses an out of bounds call then two possessions later he makes a bad foul call against your team.

When you put your misguided sense of guilt above the welfare of your team.. That's when it gets complicated

stepmonkey
07-26-2015, 05:40 PM
I remember a game in Little League where I was playing shortstop. There were runners on first and second with one out. A grounder was hit to me and I attempted to tag the runner, but missed him by at least a foot, then threw out the runner at second. The ump called it a double play to end the inning.

And now, because of this commercial, I realize I am going to hell. Shit.

Seventyniner
07-26-2015, 07:20 PM
I remember a game in Little League where I was playing shortstop. There were runners on first and second with one out. A grounder was hit to me and I attempted to tag the runner, but missed him by at least a foot, then threw out the runner at second. The ump called it a double play to end the inning.

And now, because of this commercial, I realize I am going to hell. Shit.

At least you made the play. You did what you could, let God sort the rest out tbh

spurs10
07-26-2015, 07:39 PM

And now, because of this commercial, I realize I am going to hell. Shit. It is too late to repent. To burn eternally for this act seems a bit overboard, but that's the way it is unfortunately. Should have made this commercial a long time ago. Damn!

SnakeBoy
07-27-2015, 12:07 AM
Nickname Alex
Real Name Blake

Purch
08-14-2015, 03:41 PM
Just saw this again.. It's amazing that not everyone finds this cringeworthy

GSH
08-14-2015, 05:21 PM
If you don't want players to bitch about the bad calls that go against them, you can't expect them to bitch about the ones that go in their favor.

Ask yourself this - what if the whole thing was reversed? The call went the other way, and the player was SURE he hadn't touched the ball. Would you be cheering for him to go to the ref and tell him that he made the wrong call?

The zebras are supposed to call the game, and the players are supposed to play the game. Bad calls are part of the game. Let it go.

therealtruth
08-14-2015, 08:21 PM
If you don't want players to bitch about the bad calls that go against them, you can't expect them to bitch about the ones that go in their favor.

Ask yourself this - what if the whole thing was reversed? The call went the other way, and the player was SURE he hadn't touched the ball. Would you be cheering for him to go to the ref and tell him that he made the wrong call?

The zebras are supposed to call the game, and the players are supposed to play the game. Bad calls are part of the game. Let it go.

That's a good point. Refs calls are part of the game. Now if the ref asked the player if he touched the ball I am all for honesty in that case.