PDA

View Full Version : Spurs 2015 Offseason, Free Agents, Rookies and Newcomers

Jwash_1986
07-22-2015, 07:26 PM
I never once thought it would play out like this. After the disappointing first round exit we've been straight killing every aspect of the offseason. If the Vegas Summer League is any indication of how our season will play out I surely can't wait. I have just one question to ask everyone which one player are y'all excited/ready to see the most? Mines would be J. Sims. We haven't had this type of player before. For one he's a brotha, with athleticism and a lot of energy on both ends. His role to me is yet to be determined. Reminds me a little of Michael Finely but younger. He seems eagered to learn and his journey to get here makes it that much special. And not to forget he a Texas boy. But with all said I'm just happy to be a Spurs fan. This why I've never underestimate anything they do. They cleaned house and semi-rebuilt, and got ready for a few more years of success.

xellos88330
07-23-2015, 12:36 AM
I am actually wanting to see the giant Boban. If he is as good as advertised offensively and can be an even average defender, the Spurs second and third units could be absolutely ridiculous.

Jwash_1986
07-23-2015, 07:21 AM
I am actually wanting to see the giant Boban. If he is as good as advertised offensively and can be an even average defender, the Spurs second and third units could be absolutely ridiculous.
He's a big boy that's no lie. But I'm always skeptical of Euro players. And we've had I share. It's crazy he doesn't have to jump to get any shot around the rim. Just literally drop it in there.

Kikoluna
07-23-2015, 07:46 AM
J Simmons. ...common man. God help us if he gets more than 2 minutes per game. I'm going with the obvious choice, Aldridge.
In my dreams I see patty, green, Leonard, Aldridge, Duncan starting. Unit 2 Chubs, manu, west, giant, boris

kobyz
07-23-2015, 07:51 AM
With all the good off season stuff, it's still the Spurs, At the end the Spurs will find a way to lose against the odds, we are a cursed team...

cd98
07-23-2015, 08:07 AM
I thought Spurs would comeback with the same team. Amazed that they changed so much.

SPURt
07-23-2015, 08:10 AM
Jimmer

bring LA water

Jwash_1986
07-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Jimmer

bring LA water
Haha!!

ceperez
07-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Ray McCallum destroying the Spurs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym4dzDEEYzw

Jwash_1986
07-23-2015, 04:01 PM
Ray McCallum destroying the Spurs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym4dzDEEYzw
Hey the kid nice. He seem very under control with the rock in his hand. I think Parker need some competition when he at practice. Hopefully the youngsta bring it to em. It'll make Ray better too. My boy sent me a pic of him and Westbrook playing 1 on 1 it looked like. That's one of the best to be messing around with. He seem competitive and I'm sure his pops had him like that.

wildbill2u
07-23-2015, 04:39 PM
yeah, we've been cursed with 5 championships built around some of the best players of the past two decades. It's been horrible [sarcasm\]

Jwash_1986
07-23-2015, 05:04 PM
yeah, we've been cursed with 5 championships built around some of the best players of the past two decades. It's been horrible [sarcasm\]
We obviously I already know what the old players are about. That's no question but I want too see these young bulls eat. After all a few of em will be the future Spurs here soon when the old heads are gone.

Plum Island
07-23-2015, 05:13 PM
We obviously I already know what the old players are about. That's no question but I want too see these young bulls eat. After all a few of em will be the future Spurs here soon when the old heads are gone.
The young bulls will get their chance in the RS. Especially early. The old bulls will need their pasture grazing time...

For me? My main thing is to see if this new team can gel and be as precise and brilliant as 2014.
I want to see how LMA and Kawhi play off each other, as that will be pretty darn big on the court.

What will be this team's chemistry? How will they mesh? Character-wise, I have no doubt, but their play on the court as a unit? As a whole?

That's the kind of things I will be watching and most excited (and frightened) about.

K...
07-23-2015, 05:40 PM
I want to see Becky Coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jwash_1986
07-23-2015, 09:46 PM
The young bulls will get their chance in the RS. Especially early. The old bulls will need their pasture grazing time...

For me? My main thing is to see if this new team can gel and be as precise and brilliant as 2014.
I want to see how LMA and Kawhi play off each other, as that will be pretty darn big on the court.

What will be this team's chemistry? How will they mesh? Character-wise, I have no doubt, but their play on the court as a unit? As a whole?

That's the kind of things I will be watching and most excited (and frightened) about.
Yea that make sense too just the overall connection and chemistry. I like what LMA said on signing day. Saying the transition shouldn't be that difficult because of the type of team the Spurs is. I know going to a 1-2 man show probably would be more harder to find your spot. I'm eagered myself to see how everyone plays together. And Pop has so many different rotations he can play around with that's going to be fun to watch.

Jwash_1986
07-23-2015, 09:49 PM
I want to see Becky Coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After here Summer League I want to see more of here coaching now too. The guys seemed to really respect her and not take the text she was a woman for granted. I remember one play J. Sims went up for a slam. And he was celebrating, Becky was telling him hustle back and quit all that shit out. So later on in the game he had a similar lol at the basket so instead of dunking it he layed it and hustled back. She couldn't do nothing but grin. But he took her advice and made the play but cut the BS short.

kobyz
07-23-2015, 10:59 PM
yeah, we've been cursed with 5 championships in spite of being cursed, built around some of the best players of the past two decades just to be very underachiever as a team. It's been horrible as Spurs fan to experience the most terrified heartbreaking loses in sport history... [not sarcasm\]
Fixed for you

ceperez
07-24-2015, 10:52 AM
After here Summer League I want to see more of here coaching now too. The guys seemed to really respect her and not take the text she was a woman for granted. I remember one play J. Sims went up for a slam. And he was celebrating, Becky was telling him hustle back and quit all that shit out. So later on in the game he had a similar lol at the basket so instead of dunking it he layed it and hustled back. She couldn't do nothing but grin. But he took her advice and made the play but cut the BS short.

Classic Spurs. Just all business.

Kawhi Leonard is really surprising as a young player to just have that kind of mindset. Green is more conventional that he tends to celebrate a lot.

Simmons has got a ton of potential, if he reigns in his game and plays with more control and efficiency, he'll be really good.

The young core is really good, I would like to see this lineup on the court:

Aldridge
Leonard
Simmons
Green
Mills

A lot of youth in this cast.

SsKSpurs21
07-24-2015, 11:57 AM

Agreed. 2014 was a thing of beauty. the ball-movement. the rotations. it was so much fun to watch. we missed that last year. This is also something iam most excited to see. if we can make it back to playing at that level.

Jwash_1986
07-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Classic Spurs. Just all business.

Kawhi Leonard is really surprising as a young player to just have that kind of mindset. Green is more conventional that he tends to celebrate a lot.

Simmons has got a ton of potential, if he reigns in his game and plays with more control and efficiency, he'll be really good.

The young core is really good, I would like to see this lineup on the court:

Aldridge
Leonard
Simmons
Green
Mills

A lot of youth in this cast.
That's a nice lineup. I would like to see that too. Pop gon had fun w/ his lineup choices. Our vets will also get a lot of much needed rest. Giving the new guys a chance to learn the system w/ in game experience.

Jwash_1986
07-24-2015, 03:06 PM
Agreed. 2014 was a thing of beauty. the ball-movement. the rotations. it was so much fun to watch. we missed that last year. This is also something iam most excited to see. if we can make it back to playing at that level.
Best teams I've seen play. I was a baby on the 80s so didn't see much of them. Besides the Bulls of the 90s, 2014 Spurs was a thing of beauty.

Aztecfan03
07-24-2015, 03:21 PM
With all the good off season stuff, it's still the Spurs, At the end the Spurs will find a way to lose against the odds, we are a cursed team...
a lot of titles for a cursed team.

Mr Bones
07-24-2015, 03:59 PM
The Kawhi/Aldridge chemistry will be the most interesting thing to watch for me... they have somewhat similar temperaments, and know that they'll most likely be teammates for the next four years, so establishing chemistry there is pretty crucial. Even though Aldridge now denies it, the reports out of Portland said he didn't like playing with Lillard. Leonard's personality and interest in playing D make him very different from Lillard, so hopefully he's the kind of teammate Aldridge will really appreciate...

kobyz
07-24-2015, 04:07 PM
a lot of titles for a cursed team.

We should have been a much bigger dynasty, we got devastating moments and misery stuff happened like no other, and just the spirit that above the team, always before big deciding game it feels like we should anticipate the worst and most heartbreaking...

Jwash_1986
07-24-2015, 06:21 PM
The Kawhi/Aldridge chemistry will be the most interesting thing to watch for me... they have somewhat similar temperaments, and know that they'll most likely be teammates for the next four years, so establishing chemistry there is pretty crucial. Even though Aldridge now denies it, the reports out of Portland said he didn't like playing with Lillard. Leonard's personality and interest in playing D make him very different from Lillard, so hopefully he's the kind of teammate Aldridge will really appreciate...
You make a good point. I think Leonard won't mind sharing the attention. In a lot of ways leosnrd personality is like the greets before him in Duncan and Robinson. Not knocking Lillard but I think Leoanrd will compliment him better they just need a pass first point guard. Hopefully Parker transition to that role since his career is getting more up there in years.

kobyz
07-25-2015, 07:11 AM
Remember all those stupid fan talks that been said here last off season all over, like "everything after 5 is greedy", "I'm satisfy with 5", ״i don't really care if we get 6", "no need to improve same team that won title", etc... So those vanilla talks and mentality linger into the season and caused the team not to push enough, missing such great oportonity with such disappointment ending... Glad to see change in that regard this time, also upset cause I warn you, I hope now those people understand how much morons they were and that those talks are over...

Kikoluna
07-25-2015, 08:03 AM
Simmons? Really? A scrub getting all this attention? He's a 60 second per game player.....IF lucky.....sa me goes for kyle