PDA

View Full Version : The official Kawhi Leonard breakout AKA SUPERSTARDOM Year....

apalisoc_9
07-22-2015, 10:54 PM
19-22PPG
7RBPG
DPOY level D

Let's Go kawhi!

Me and my nigga Kawhi are both going to break out this year with our careers tbh.

I'm sure kawhi is sick and tired of top 10 player in the NBA status.

I'm tired of above average pay myslef and want big money now.

:flag::lobt2:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/307/files/2014/06/kawhi-leonard-nba-finals-miami-heat-san-antonio-spurs3-850x560.jpg

http://jocksandstilettojill.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/NBA-KawhiLeonard-DPOY.jpg

What's next? one of these in the next 2 or 3 years...who knows maybe even next year

http://cdn1-www.hoopsvibe.com/assets/uploads/2011/01/file_125153_0_mvp-trophy-43.jpg

Holden_Caulfield
07-22-2015, 10:56 PM
paging matty barnes

Nathan89
07-22-2015, 10:58 PM
I'll take the under on that point avg.

dabom
07-22-2015, 10:59 PM
MVP for sure.

Robz4000
07-22-2015, 10:59 PM
Already a superstar imo.

spursistan
07-22-2015, 11:02 PM
I don't think he 'll be crack 20 ppg now with Aldridge on board..It might be for the good of the team that he won't sacrifice his defensive effort to take on an extra offensive load..I would love for Kawhi to improve his ballhandling/playmaking abilities instead..Also he has shown he can be near the double digit rebounder..Something like consistent 18pt/8 reb/3ass/2stl night- in nigh out effort will do for me......

Mikeanaro
07-22-2015, 11:04 PM
I hope this is the season of changes.

kobyz
07-22-2015, 11:07 PM
Keep feeding this ego maniac troll that only jinx Kawhi and the Spurs and bring bad karma...

apalisoc_9
07-22-2015, 11:07 PM

agree with you bro.

Mnky
07-22-2015, 11:12 PM
I don't think he 'll be crack 20 ppg now with Aldridge on board..It might be for the good of the team that he won't sacrifice his defensive effort to take on an extra offensive load..I would love for Kawhi to improve his ballhandling/playmaking abilities instead..Also he has shown he can be near the double digit rebounder..Something like consistent 18pt/8 reb/3ass/2stl night- in nigh out effort will do for me......

Those averages would be very nice. Offense will center on the new centerpiece, no doubt. It could benefit Kawhi a lot tho having a bigmam stretch the floor instead of crowd the paint. I don't know how many times Kawhi broke past his man last year to run into a crowded paint with Tim and splitter hanging out. He always excelled with Diaw stretching the court. Double teams won't be as easy either with an offensive piece like LA. No one last year could command one but Kawhi.

Astray
07-22-2015, 11:26 PM
If any Spur is going to win MVP, it is going to be LMA.

Dex
07-22-2015, 11:47 PM
If this truly does become Kawhi's breakout year...NBA = f:lolcked

apalisoc_9
07-22-2015, 11:50 PM

Be a dumbass somewhere else.

Nathan89
07-22-2015, 11:55 PM

No. Kawhi already got league recognition for being one of the best defenders. All he has to do is put up more points and stay on a competitive team. LMA would have to put up close to 30pts to even be in the discussion which isn't going to happen.

100%duncan
07-23-2015, 12:00 AM
18ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, 2.5 spg

DPOY, All nba 2nd team

Most importantly, 2nd FMVP.

Astray
07-23-2015, 12:39 AM
Be a dumbass somewhere else.

:lmao "top 10 player" that needs 40 years old Duncan and Patty Mills to carry his ass in the playoffs
:lmao sidekick winning the MVP

Emperor
07-23-2015, 12:54 AM
Yup, i actually think this is the year Aldridge can become MVP especially if we end up with the best record. I hope Kawhi gets back to back DPOY though and an all star selection.

dabom
07-23-2015, 12:54 AM
:lmao "top 10 player" that needs 40 years old Duncan and Patty Mills to carry his ass in the playoffs

I can already tell you're a dumbass. :lmao

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 01:04 AM

Go be vanilla somewhere else.

I don't talk the mainstream media generated language.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 01:04 AM
Yup, i actually think this is the year Aldridge can become MVP especially if we end up with the best record. I hope Kawhi gets back to back DPOY though and an all star selection.

Another dumbass.

SnakeBoy
07-23-2015, 01:06 AM
With KA around to teach Kawhi how to dribble, I think the sky is the limit for him now. Should be able to add league MVP to his trophy case soon.

daslicer
07-23-2015, 01:07 AM
He'll be a great sidekick for LMA. Kawhi will get 17 points on 50 percent shooting this year.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 01:09 AM
He'll be a great sidekick for LMA. Kawhi will get 17 points on 50 percent shooting this year.

go take a shit bro...

I can not wait to see the faces of these losers who have never supported Kawhi...when he wins league MVP.

Sean Cagney
07-23-2015, 01:19 AM

17 PPG and 50% shooting is actually very impressive so I will take that. If he gets higher cool, if not that is very good.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 01:20 AM
It's like everyone just forgot Kawhi averaged 20PPG in the last two months...

:lmao

Nathan89
07-23-2015, 01:22 AM

That's irrelevant the team has made a big addition since then.

dabom
07-23-2015, 01:22 AM

Using averages and not trends you'd think parker would shoot 40% from 3 in the playoffs. :lol

dabom
07-23-2015, 01:23 AM
Kawhi was number 2 or 3 in RPM last year. Total stud. :bobo

dabom
07-23-2015, 01:25 AM
2 injuries and no training camp and a terrible start and he still ends up in top 3 RPM. He can fly when he shakes off his rust.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 01:26 AM
Kawhi was number 2 or 3 in RPM last year. Total stud. :bobo

spursistan
07-23-2015, 01:32 AM
The scary part about Kawhi is that he is only 24, which is easily 2/3 years away from peak performance age for his position in the NBA :wow..

Study chart:

https://i.imgur.com/zvamzYA.png

07-23-2015, 01:38 AM
Kawhi would have to average mid 20s ppg to even be considered for the MVP..which isn't going to happen playing 30-32 mpg

07-23-2015, 01:38 AM
He'll also go down with his yearly injury which will hurt his chances

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 01:43 AM
22 should be enough to get him MVP..IMO..

Don't think he will be MVP this year obviously, but anywhere from this year to 2019

kobyz
07-23-2015, 01:43 AM
18ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, 2.5 spg

DPOY, All nba 2nd team

Most importantly, 2nd FMVP.

Why it's not surprisingly that you the one ass kissing and fondling apalisoc... Mentality of a 6yo did i said already?!

Sean Cagney
07-23-2015, 01:58 AM
The scary part about Kawhi is that he is only 24, which is easily 2/3 years away from peak performance age for his position in the NBA :wow..

Study chart:

https://i.imgur.com/zvamzYA.pngPeople seem to always forget his age, he is going to get better and better.... SCARY.

Emperor
07-23-2015, 02:14 AM
Another dumbass.

Dude chill, Kawhi hasn't even entered his prime yet. Your obsession with him is f'n weird and sad especially when you become so defensive when someone has a different opinion about him.

100%duncan
07-23-2015, 02:31 AM
Why it's not surprisingly that you the one ass kissing and fondling apalisoc... Mentality of a 6yo did i said already?!

Your dad shoulda wore a condom-Ludacris

steeledl
07-23-2015, 02:37 AM
Kawhi is top 10-15 player... that's about it. That's alright though.... we are lucky to have him. Lets not be delusional about the player he is or really can be. He will never be a Kobe, Durant, or Lebron or one of those transcendent superstar players.

I guess it really depends on how you define superstar though.... if by superstar you mean allstar, sure he will probably be an all star a 3-5 times in his career.

DeRozan m8
07-23-2015, 02:42 AM
Kawhis got this

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 09:10 AM
Kawhi is top 10-15 player... that's about it. That's alright though.... we are lucky to have him. Lets not be delusional about the player he is or really can be. He will never be a Kobe, Durant, or Lebron or one of those transcendent superstar players.

I guess it really depends on how you define superstar though.... if by superstar you mean allstar, sure he will probably be an all star a 3-5 times in his career.

pgardn
07-23-2015, 09:14 AM

Dementia has set in.
When do you recall a free agency haul like this year?

look_at_g_shred
07-23-2015, 09:17 AM
I'm sure your sources have told you so. So it is written. So let it be done.

pgardn
07-23-2015, 09:17 AM

Which part of the poster's reply has you so amused?

He will never be a Durant, Kobe, or Lebron? He won't be.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 09:20 AM

look_at_g_shred
07-23-2015, 09:21 AM

When it's all said and done, Kawhi will be remembered by his defense not his offense.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-23-2015, 09:33 AM
With all the offensive horsepower on the Spurs it would be nice if Kawhi could concentrate on owning the court defensively and quietly average 16-17 points a game. Probably not going to win MVP with those numbers. Being a key contributor to another LOB would probably be more than enough for him would be my guess.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Vanilla player fan thread.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 11:46 AM
watch your words fellas...

chump is in this thread...If you don't want to get banned, be nice.

ducks
07-23-2015, 11:56 AM
leonard averages 20 or more spurs are going to be in trouble
they need his energy for d
pop has told tp before not to score just shut down a player and he has
I would think they might be some games with all the new o with spurs he would ask leonard to shut down a player....like a curry

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 12:00 PM
I would think they might be some games with all the new o with spurs he would ask leonard to shut down a player....like a curry

The spurs got back in contention last year by allowing Leonard to be an offensive focus.

French bias:lmao

BD24
07-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Vanilla player fan thread.

ducks
07-23-2015, 12:06 PM

The spurs got back in contention last year by allowing Leonard to be an offensive focus.

pop did tell tp that a few years ago you would not know because leonard was not a spur then

ducks
07-23-2015, 12:07 PM

last year they did not have alridge and west
alridge averaged 23 a game and west averaged 12

ducks
07-23-2015, 12:08 PM
He'll also go down with his yearly injury which will hurt his chances

he has not even been healthy doing training camp which would help and last year pop wanted to give him more o but he was always hurt

daslicer
07-23-2015, 12:11 PM
17 PPG and 50% shooting is actually very impressive so I will take that. If he gets higher cool, if not that is very good.

Agreed and I think its realistic now that Kawhi won't be asked to be the number 1 option on offense that he will be able to shoot a higher percentage this year. Kawhi is an inconsistent scorer so having LMA helps the spurs in situations where he lays eggs like he did against the clippers after the first 4 games.

Mikeanaro
07-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Dementia has set in.
When do you recall a free agency haul like this year?
That doesnt mean things will be 82-0 and 16-0.
Doesnt mean Porker will not be a pain in the ass hurting our marvelous roster.
Things are really nice on paper just not in reality because season hasnt started yet so I dont get the dementia references.
They are gonna kill that poor woman man.

ducks
07-23-2015, 12:14 PM
if lma does well and spurs are the number one seed I could see lma get mentioned for the mvp award
I think he will average the most points on the spurs
but it could be a year that no spur averages 20 points a game

Mr Bones
07-23-2015, 12:34 PM
This whole "nobody understands how good Kawhi is" schtick is pretty ridiculous... Every true basketball fan appreciates him, and he has the DPOY award (despite missing significant time with injuries) to prove it. Pop and multiple players are on record saying he's the foundation of the new Spurs. It's not a secret. That being said, I'd bet he scores just under 20ppg with higher efficiency than last season. I'd offer to bet money on it, but everyone here knows Apalisoc_9 isn't remotely honest & doesn't follow through on promises made on spurstalk, the proof being that he still posts...

spurraider21
07-23-2015, 01:06 PM
We need game 1-4 kawhi, not game 5-7

Fireball
07-23-2015, 01:22 PM
ah these threads ... I missed them ...

not

Mr Bones
07-23-2015, 01:33 PM
I'm hoping the Spurs will lead the league in # of players who average double figures in scoring...

But of course, the player fans will be more interested in having their favorite players lead the team in scoring...

K...
07-23-2015, 01:45 PM
We need game 1-4 kawhi, not game 5-7

In a vanilla thread this ups the vanilla to extreme.

A couple points. Kawhi won't win dpoy or mvp. Those are popularity awards and kawhi barely beat d green last year. Either green gets his makeup call, gobert gets it, or one of the old name veterans (d Jordan, Chandler, hibbert)

Likewise, mvp goes to curry, LeBron, Durant, Davis, Westbrook, harden, lma, and then maybe kawhi, but again probably dray before him.

The best target for k is all star and nba second our first team. And of course the lob.

manufan10
07-23-2015, 01:48 PM
I'd be happy with another FMVP. That trumps league MVP for me.

As long as Tim rings.

K...
07-23-2015, 01:58 PM
I'd be happy with another FMVP. That trumps league MVP for me.

As long as Tim rings.

Again though, wouldn't lma be more likely? People acting like is big three vs k and nope, not on offense. If kawhi is our best player next year then something went terribly wrong.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 02:18 PM

A couple points. Kawhi won't win dpoy or mvp. Those are popularity awards and kawhi barely beat d green last year. Either green gets his makeup call, gobert gets it, or one of the old name veterans (d Jordan, Chandler, hibbert)

Likewise, mvp goes to curry, LeBron, Durant, Davis, Westbrook, harden, lma, and then maybe kawhi, but again probably dray before him.

The best target for k is all star and nba second our first team. And of course the lob.

Old faggots trying to talk basktball..

spurraider21
07-23-2015, 02:22 PM

i dont think you quoted the person you think you quoted. none of your response made any sense to what i posted

K...
07-23-2015, 03:14 PM
i dont think you quoted the person you think you quoted. none of your response made any sense to what i posted

Well what I meant is that you made an irrelevant argument

"We need game 1-4 kawhi" that literally means "We need good play kawhi" thats hard hitting analysis.

Good to see apo thinks I'm old. Or that age invalidates my analysis. Kawhi is going to be good, but expect lma to be the star. It could be star 1a and 1b but not any better then that.

The point about awards is the delusions of op. Kawhi won't win either dpoy or mvp.

bic50
07-23-2015, 03:17 PM

Kawhi barely beat green, but If kawhi hadnt missed so many games he might have just run away with the dpoy award his missed games is what made it close imo. top 3 for mvp next season will likely be AD, lebron, and maybe durant if he can get back to his old self...................then curry, harden, and westbrook Spurs too stacked to have 1 player being far and away the best player on the team.

If kawhi hadnt missed as many games as he did, he might have just run away with the dpoy award. His missed games is what made it close imo. Top 3 mvp canidates will likely be AD,Lebron and KD (if he can get back to his old self.) with curry, harden, westbrook falling far behind.

Silver&Black
07-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Kawhi won't win either dpoy or mvp.

Why can't he win DPOY again? Hell, he's already done it...

TimmyDuncan21
07-23-2015, 03:27 PM
KL will never average 21ppg...

but he could still be elite in other ways

spurraider21
07-23-2015, 03:28 PM
"We need game 1-4 kawhi" that literally means "We need good play kawhi" thats hard hitting analysis.
well... yeah. the spurs have shown they're a championship caliber team, particularly when kawhi is playing at his best. when kawhi was poor down the stretch, the team struggled.

part of getting better as a player is also increased responsibility. while we all praise kawhi's development, it also means the team relies on him more. the better he gets, the more reliance there will be. so if he's going to have letdowns in the playoffs, we aren't going to get far.

the opposite can be said about tony. as he has declined, the team relies on him less. he's not as instrumental to our success as he had been before. nobody here expects him to play like mvparker again.

AFMadison
07-23-2015, 03:28 PM
"I hate player fans"
Lol
I hope they win #6. IDGAF about a damn league MVP.

Kool Bob Love
07-23-2015, 03:32 PM
As long as Matt Barnes is in the league Kawhi will never be a superstar.

All Mighty Janitor
07-23-2015, 04:23 PM
I fully expect Kawhi to be a 18ppg scorer(no less than 17) like he did at the end of last year. If he scorers more than that I would be happy, but not at the expense of the defense he played last year (especially at the end, those were Pippen numbers in less minutes!). Without Lamarcus I would be saying otherwise because Kawhi probably could be a 20-22ppg on 48-51% and 4apg kinda guy(and any defensive drop of would be mitigated by Danny somewhat). But with Lamarcus the team is best served with Kawhi second to him on offence so Kawhi can defiantly maintain DPOY level defense(and even improve).

The most important thing for Kawhi to do is stay consistent (in play and health) so the team doesn't have to lean on the older players. I'm confident he can play well 95% of the time but Kawhi may just be injury prone. I'm not ready to say that yet, but if he gets another injury, especially a hand injury, I won't be able to say otherwise...

TheGreatYacht
07-23-2015, 04:37 PM

SPURt
07-23-2015, 05:10 PM
http://s12.postimg.org/z183q1vrx/spursfunny.jpg

BD24
07-23-2015, 05:18 PM
This whole "nobody understands how good Kawhi is" schtick is pretty ridiculous... Every true basketball fan appreciates him, and he has the DPOY award (despite missing significant time with injuries) to prove it. Pop and multiple players are on record saying he's the foundation of the new Spurs. It's not a secret. That being said, I'd bet he scores just under 20ppg with higher efficiency than last season. I'd offer to bet money on it, but everyone here knows Apalisoc_9 isn't remotely honest & doesn't follow through on promises made on spurstalk, the proof being that he still posts...
Mr Bones spot on as usaul, calling out the drama queens bullshit.

bic50
07-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Oh look another forum clown

bic50
07-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Thegreattranny Of course you'll agree with a fellow clown.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 05:36 PM

pgardn
07-23-2015, 07:50 PM
That doesnt mean things will be 82-0 and 16-0.
Doesnt mean Porker will not be a pain in the ass hurting our marvelous roster.
Things are really nice on paper just not in reality because season hasnt started yet so I dont get the dementia references.
They are gonna kill that poor woman man.

We are not there yet. Present tense.

And I am skeptical this team will automatically be successful in the future. But so far, I can't remember a year this good except when we got the rights to draft Robinson then Duncan.

pgardn
07-23-2015, 07:53 PM

Nice retort.

See how much better the board is when apoplectic talks basketball?
So grateful he is back, thanks God for the next plague.

dabom
07-23-2015, 08:10 PM

You're gonna go places. :toast

HarryLoLa
07-23-2015, 10:29 PM
:bobo:bobo:bobo

SpursIndonesia
07-23-2015, 10:57 PM
KL will always be someone's Robin. Too bad LMA is a kinda flawed Batman, but it's okay he got plenty of help.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 10:58 PM
KL will always be someone's Robin. Too bad LMA is a kinda flawed Batman, but it's okay he got plenty of help.

Do you even get spurs telecast in Indonesias?

SpursIndonesia
07-23-2015, 11:00 PM

This ! Thank GOD we have LMA now to anally rape Griffin all over the court, instead of that soft cuck Splitter.

milkyway21
07-24-2015, 03:43 AM
I think Pop will draw more plays for LMA than Kawhi. He will be the 1st to go Spur in the offense, West & Kawhi will be 2nd or 3rd option.
Kawhi will be the main man on defense.

Fireball
07-24-2015, 04:17 AM
West as 2nd option is a little far fetched ... the original Big Three are not gone yet

The_Klaw
07-24-2015, 09:34 AM
Again though, wouldn't lma be more likely? People acting like is big three vs k and nope, not on offense. If kawhi is our best player next year then something went terribly wrong.
Leading scorer doesn't mean best player.
Aldridge can be the offensive man of the team but if Kawhi plays at the level he did in march/april, he will, without a doubt, be the best player on this team.

sasaint
07-24-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm hoping the Spurs will lead the league in # of players who average double figures in scoring...

But of course, the player fans will be more interested in having their favorite players lead the team in scoring...

EXACTLY! With all of the proven (and potential) weapons on this team, if any player averages 20 pts/gm something is wrong. PATFO did not assemble all of this talent to lean on a single player. If any Spur averages 20 pts/gm that means another weapon we have is being under-utilized (injured or has misfired badly or possibly has fallen into Pop's doghouse). It also means that somebody is playing more minutes than Pop has in mind. I honestly believe that Pop would be in Nirvana if he had a team that had 10 players averaging +/- 20 mins and 10 pts per game. Look at the recent trend of keeping everybody below 30 mins/game. With the roster he has this year, Pop's target may drop even lower.

sasaint
07-24-2015, 11:30 AM
Leading scorer doesn't mean best player.
Aldridge can be the offensive man of the team but if Kawhi plays at the level he did in march/april, he will, without a doubt, be the best player on this team.

That is Kawhi's challenge this season. When he is at his best he is clearly our best player. When he is less than his best our best player (by default) is a player who is less dynamic - even TD or LMA. That doesn't mean Kawhi has to lead the team in scoring. But he has to be our all-around best player. If he averaged 15 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals a game (30 mins), he would be a beast in the Spurs system. Easily our team MVP, but not even on the radar for league MVP.

apalisoc_9
07-24-2015, 04:31 PM
going to bump this in a few months and laugh at you losers

kobyz
07-25-2015, 02:01 AM

Please don't bump even if he's doing well, it will jinx Kawhi, like how you caused Matt Barnes to kill him...

Spurtacular
07-28-2015, 05:38 PM
EXACTLY! With all of the proven (and potential) weapons on this team, if any player averages 20 pts/gm something is wrong. PATFO did not assemble all of this talent to lean on a single player. If any Spur averages 20 pts/gm that means another weapon we have is being under-utilized (injured or has misfired badly or possibly has fallen into Pop's doghouse). It also means that somebody is playing more minutes than Pop has in mind. I honestly believe that Pop would be in Nirvana if he had a team that had 10 players averaging +/- 20 mins and 10 pts per game. Look at the recent trend of keeping everybody below 30 mins/game. With the roster he has this year, Pop's target may drop even lower.

On the other hand, I think Pop will allow Kawhi liberties to make sure he's in the all-star game.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-29-2015, 02:32 AM
OP is a faggot

dweaver99027
07-29-2015, 07:07 AM
If we get for the whole of next season the Kawhi of March/April 2015 then yes, superstardom. It still remains to be seen whether he can maintain both the health and consistency to pull it off. An efficient 20/8/3/2 guy with elite man and roaming defense will be a Top 5 Impact Player in the league...

ChumpDumper
07-29-2015, 11:37 AM
going to bump this in a few months and laugh at you losersWell we already bump your FanDuel bet posts and laugh at you, loser.

ceperez
07-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Leonard at best would be the 3rd leading scorer, he'll behind both Parker and Aldridge.

Spurs lost against the Clippers because Leonard had to force his offensive game. Clippers quickly shut it down by double teaming him down low.

8FOR!3
07-29-2015, 11:50 AM
I think Kawhi is MVP material, but Aldridge is more likely to put up gaudy numbers.

TXstbobcat
07-29-2015, 12:38 PM
Back to back NBA DPOY awards for the Claw!!!!!!

dweaver99027
07-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Gobert has the DPOY clinched if he's 80% the force he was in the second half of last season.

Perry Mason
07-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Leonard at best would be the 3rd leading scorer, he'll behind both Parker and Aldridge.

Spurs lost against the Clippers because Leonard had to force his offensive game. Clippers quickly shut it down by double teaming him down low.

I'm anxious to see how the Aldridge and West additions at PF will give Kawhi more spacing, and provide the much-needed counter to double-teams on Kawhi. He will need to learn and practice how to swing the ball quickly.

I am hopeful it will help TP as well (and TP remains mostly healthy), but the way forward will be for TP be remain a consistent threat but not a scoring workhorse. I am thinking the bulk of the offense should move through the mid-post and give Kawhi room to penetrate, kick or post, much like Lebron. And even push Aldridge to do the same,.

sasaint
07-29-2015, 08:56 PM
On the other hand, I think Pop will allow Kawhi liberties to make sure he's in the all-star game.

Interesting. The idea that Pop cares whether one of his players makes the all-star game never even crossed my mind. I still think that if any Spur averages 20 pts it means that some other player (or players) is not performing at optimal level.

Spurtacular
07-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Interesting. The idea that Pop cares whether one of his players makes the all-star game never even crossed my mind. I still think that if any Spur averages 20 pts it means that some other player (or players) is not performing at optimal level.

I can't remember the years off hand, but Pop has done this for Parker and Ginobili at times, imo. He knows that the media loves to use that as a metric and that it means something to the players as well. On the other hand,

kobyz
07-30-2015, 05:14 AM
Iggy > Kawhi, both prove they could be fmvp as X factor, Kawhi better mid range shooter but Iggy a better defender, better playmaker, passer and all around and more mental thoughness and leadership... So hope Kawhi can improve upon that..

dabom
12-08-2015, 04:38 AM

OP with the goods. :lol

All Mighty Janitor
12-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Damn, almost everybody here was underrating Kawhi. I'm still not sure he can keep up with this pace, but so, far there are no problems. Nice call OP.

bic50
12-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Iggy > Kawhi, both prove they could be fmvp as X factor, Kawhi better mid range shooter but Iggy a better defender, better playmaker, passer and all around and more mental thoughness and leadership... So hope Kawhi can improve upon that..

Smdh

spursistan
12-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Wasn't for Curry historic season Kawhi would have had a shot at MVP..Hopefully he keeps it up and finish Top 3 in voting..Spurs need to have 60+ win season to achieve that..

apalisoc_9
12-08-2015, 11:47 AM

SPURt
12-08-2015, 01:58 PM
http://s12.postimg.org/z183q1vrx/spursfunny.jpg
I'm ok with my analysis at the time

Mel_13
12-08-2015, 07:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-antonio-spurs/post/_/id/215/5-ways-kawhi-leonard-has-emerged-into-a-superstar

apalisoc_9
12-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Vanilla fans :lmao

apalisoc_9
12-09-2015, 02:46 PM

kobyz
12-09-2015, 10:01 PM
OP with the goods. :lol

Hey apa! You just love to jinx Kawhi over and over again ohh?!?!

kobyz
12-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Smdh

Kawhy so overrated, spurs losing to any decent team especially close games because of him, he can't lead to wins, lol people getting fooled by spurs record, it's actually a bad record considering the easiest early season schedule in history!

SuperCam
12-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Kiwi can't dominate when Spurs aren't already up by 20 :bang

bic50
12-10-2015, 01:37 AM
Kawhy so overrated, spurs losing to any decent team especially close games because of him, he can't lead to wins, lol people getting fooled by spurs record, it's actually a bad record considering the easiest early season schedule in history!

Fucking moron

bic50
12-10-2015, 01:37 AM
Superbitch

kobyz
12-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Kawhi in his nature is not savvi and a leader enough to be a superstar, to count on him being the guy is asking for trouble at the end of the day...

in2deep
12-10-2015, 09:14 AM
I agree. I don't see Kawhi carrying Spurs through a playoff campaign. I hope Lamarcus gets his act together and maybe both together could carry us.

bic50
12-10-2015, 10:38 AM
I agree. I don't see Kawhi carrying Spurs through a playoff campaign. I hope Lamarcus gets his act together and maybe both together could carry us.

That and I really hope green can start hitting 3s again.

kobyz
05-30-2016, 03:51 PM

So...

K...
05-30-2016, 05:22 PM

blessed be ducks fir he has been shown the future.

If you read this thread yuo see two camps: 20-22 pts per game and 17-19 ppg. I think both camps understood that KAwhi would be minute restricted. But even with minutes restricted he still exceeded scoring expectations. Now the bad news. We had all been spoiled by 2014 and felt that the beautiful game was coming back. With the ball movement game Leonard never gets 20. Instead we saw ISO blitzkrieg. Sadly very few people other than the said ducks post here came close to predicting the change of the offense.