PDA

View Full Version : Which former All-Star on Spurs team most likely to voted back to All-Star game?

LongtimeSpursFan
07-23-2015, 12:47 AM
Tim Duncan
Tony Parker
Lamarcus Aldridge
Manu Ginobili
*David West (forgot he had two appearances with Hornets)

It would be nice for all four to get serious consideration but Manu is probably in his last legs and almost no chance. I can see Duncan, Parker and Aldridge getting some votes and Aldridge getting the nod because he is in his prime.

dabom
07-23-2015, 12:53 AM
pity post

BillMc
07-23-2015, 12:55 AM
Aldridge has the best chance. I can't see more than one big getting enough votes which reduces Timmy's odds. Parker has an outside shot if he returns to form and we have a great record. But LMA would be the favorite to represent our team from past all stars. For your list you should also have West, who was a 2 time all star I think.

Obviously he'd be a first time all star but Kawhi will have a really good shot, probably almost even odds with LMA.

TheGreatYacht
07-23-2015, 12:55 AM
pity post
Can't you read the title? It says former all star.. What did you expect?

Nathan89
07-23-2015, 12:56 AM
LMA has many all-star games ahead of him.

FkLA
07-23-2015, 12:58 AM
just lol at people thinking Porker has any sort of chance after the season he just had

TheGreatYacht
07-23-2015, 01:00 AM
If it was up to me I'd have:

1. Timmy
2. Aldridge
3. Parker/Ginobili

But the big 3 will probably have a reduced role next year, so I expect LMA to put up his All Star numbers and get in IMO.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 01:03 AM
just lol at people thinking Porker has any sort of chance after the season he just had

He'll try to force his way in..

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 01:05 AM
LMA has many all-star games ahead of him.

Not necessarily. He was a fringe all-star when he was a big fish in a small pond. If he's playing Spurs ball in which people make sacrifices, he may be less likely to become an all-star. Also, he probably only has about two years left as an 'elite' PF.

spursistan
07-23-2015, 01:06 AM
Don't see Timmy having a shot..His minutes/games are going to be babied big time this year..There is no way he should be part of double triple OT games logging +40mins in the process..Last year we dodged a bullet in the way that he didn't completely fizzle after that brutal stretch..I say it will be LMA anda healthy Kawhi getting a first nod provided we have good record going in..

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 01:06 AM
Kawhi and Aldridge will be the Spurs two all-stars next season.

steeledl
07-23-2015, 01:09 AM
LMA obviously.

Out of the other 3, Duncan, Parker if he can stay healthy and get into shape, and Gibobili has no chance

Nathan89
07-23-2015, 01:11 AM
Not necessarily. He was a fringe all-star when he was a big fish in a small pond. If he's playing Spurs ball in which people make sacrifices, he may be less likely to become an all-star. Also, he probably only has about two years left as an 'elite' PF.

"Many" was an overstatement because of his age. I expect him to make it multiple times more though. Including the next two years.

LongtimeSpursFan
07-23-2015, 01:18 AM
I think with all the media attention that the Spurs have been receiving this off season it may carry over to the regular season. Outside the Cavs and Warriors they may get most of the spotlight on them. If this happens more fans may be willing to vote for a multiple Spur players. I'd say Aldridge most likely a lock but hopefully Duncan and Parker can also ride that media attention into votes and possible birth. Hopefully Kawhi can also have a great season and finally make it to the All Star game if not by fans then maybe coaches.

FkLA
07-23-2015, 01:22 AM
He'll try to force his way in..

smh sadly that is probably true

btw OP pretty sure West has a couple all-star nods under his belt too, him and Manu will be better players for the team than Enrique imo

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 01:23 AM
I think with all the media attention that the Spurs have been receiving this off season it may carry over to the regular season. Outside the Cavs and Warriors they may get most of the spotlight on them. If this happens more fans may be willing to vote for a multiple Spur players. I'd say Aldridge most likely a lock but hopefully Duncan and Parker can also ride that media attention into votes and possible birth. Hopefully Kawhi can also have a great season and finally make it to the All Star game if not by fans then maybe coaches.

IMO, # of Spurs all-stars are likely to be relational to their record. If they're by and far the best team at the break, they can and likely will get at least two all-stars. If they're back with the pack, it'll be more of an individual numbers game.

apalisoc_9
07-23-2015, 01:28 AM
smh sadly that is probably true

btw OP pretty sure West has a couple all-star nods under his belt too, him and Manu will be better players for the team than Enrique imo

but he's a top 5 PG, and he can do whatever he want..:cry

I'm from France don't insult my nationality..TP for life.:cry

TMTTRIO
07-23-2015, 09:21 AM
I don't know why you even consider Manu on this list. If Manu didn't get considered for AS when he was really good there's no chance at all he'll make it this season. Besides I don't even see him playing many games this season. The other three guys have a shot. LA, TD, and TP all have a shot and we can't forget Kawhi.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-23-2015, 09:28 AM
If the Spurs have the far and away the league's best record at the all-star break I could see several Spurs representing similar to the Hawks situation this last season. I'd love to see Parker come back strong this year and make a run at it...would be good for the Spurs if he was able to somehow come back to form.

Old School 44
07-23-2015, 09:48 AM
If the Spurs have the far and away the league's best record at the all-star break I could see several Spurs representing similar to the Hawks situation this last season. I'd love to see Parker come back strong this year and make a run at it...would be good for the Spurs if he was able to somehow come back to form.

Agree. The Spurs will probably have no starters, but 2 or 3 will be voted in by the coaches. The West is so deep, and full of "popular" players.

I know it will never happen, but it would be cool to see Tim, Tony and Manu in an all-star game together.

will_spurs
07-23-2015, 11:11 AM
LMA obviously, but I think Parker has a good chance as well. Tim and Manu won't be getting enough minutes.

All in all I'd say:
1) LMA
2) Kawhi
3) Parker

Mnky
07-23-2015, 11:17 AM

His game is not dependent on athleticism. He is about to play with and learn from Duncan, an elite 39 yr old. Plus, his shot is much better than Duncans. In a system like the spurs, I don't see why he wouldn't be elite a few more years.
What's the evidence against it? Besides whataburger and tacos..

daledondale
07-23-2015, 11:36 AM
LMA and Kawhi are the only one who have real chances. Tim will play less minutes with the adittion of West an LMA.

hater
07-23-2015, 11:40 AM
:lmao having Manu on that list. :lol

steeledl
07-23-2015, 11:42 AM
:lmao having Manu on that list. :lol

xellos88330
07-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Fuck it all of them!!!

devindixen
07-23-2015, 11:49 AM
His game is not dependent on athleticism. He is about to play with and learn from Duncan, an elite 39 yr old. Plus, his shot is much better than Duncans. In a system like the spurs, I don't see why he wouldn't be elite a few more years.

What currently makes Duncan still so great is his defensive ability. He still rebounds at a high level and he's an incredible rim protector. There is no doubt LMA can duplicate Duncan's offense even as he age.. It's the defense that I'd question. Duncan with an average defense isn't elite and that's what I see an older LMA looks like.

Mnky
07-23-2015, 11:58 AM
What currently makes Duncan still so great is his defensive ability. He still rebounds at a high level and he's an incredible rim protector. There is no doubt LMA can duplicate Duncan's offense even as he age.. It's the defense that I'd question. Duncan with an average defense isn't elite and that's what I see an older LMA looks like.

Good points. Aldridge is a pretty nifty player. he does a lot of the little things. People are going to see he is a baller that always plays his best against the best.
With someone like Pop coaching him and teammates like Duncan and ginobilli mentoring, I think there's a good chance he will become a better player in the next year or two. Defense can be taught and obtained with effort more easily than offense. I think with a team he can rely on, he will be more consistent and accountable on the defensive side at least I hope so.

bic50
07-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Aldridge would be an obvious choice, and I believe kawhi could possibly make it as well. Those 2 are the only ones I see having a realistic chance. I have a gut feeling simmons is going to continue his impressive play and earn more playing time.

TXstbobcat
07-23-2015, 02:50 PM
LMA will make the Allstar team this season. I also think that Leonard makes the allstar team this season as well.

From Downtown
07-23-2015, 03:10 PM
LMA for sure,but as somebody else said that reduces Timmy's chances
West and Manu even if they have a good season they're bench players so probably won't play enough minutes and won't have the stats to get into the All-Star team
I can see revenge coming for TP,but with Westbrook,Curry,Paul and Lillard being the number 1 option this year it will be tough

TrainOfThought5
07-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Duncan LMA Kawhi

.... you guys are sleeping on Duncan youre all about to see what he can do when he has REAL help, an equal, by his side.

TrainOfThought5
07-23-2015, 03:24 PM
!

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 06:09 PM

LMA has a good shot; but his game was always limited. He's a slow player. And when players reach 30, they're much less likely to play at all-star levels. TD has been an exception to the rule. IMO, I never thought LMA was that great at his best years in Portland. He had a year or two maybe in which he was one of the best offensive forces in the league.

Mnky
07-23-2015, 08:06 PM
LMA has a good shot; but his game was always limited. He's a slow player. And when players reach 30, they're much less likely to play at all-star levels. TD has been an exception to the rule. IMO, I never thought LMA was that great at his best years in Portland. He had a year or two maybe in which he was one of the best offensive forces in the league.

I see where you're coming from. In my opinion, he's easily the best power forward behind Anthony Davis in the league, and 30 these days is prime age, not decline yet. Especially for bigs who don't rely on athleticism. He is more fundamental than people give him credit for. I think seeing him play on a regular basis is going to open some people's eyes to his ability.

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 08:17 PM
I see where you're coming from. In my opinion, he's easily the best power forward behind Anthony Davis in the league, and 30 these days is prime age, not decline yet. Especially for bigs who don't rely on athleticism. He is more fundamental than people give him credit for. I think seeing him play on a regular basis is going to open some people's eyes to his ability.

Yea, not a lot of good PF's in the league these days.

You think LMA's better than Blake? LMA would hopefully have his way with him in the post.

Mnky
07-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Blake is a ridiculous athlete, and he showed signs of putting his offensive game together against us in thebplayoffs, but he just doesn't consistently take a game over with the ball in his hand. Aldridge is capable of that. I'd put Aldridge ahead of him as of now. If Blake improves as much as he did last year, it'll be close but I think he benefits pretty well from cp3 being such a good playmaker.

And Yea, Blake and Jordan couldn't stop Aldridge last year in the post and looked lost when he took them out to space. I like how Aldridge plays big against the best competition. Like Kawhi does against LeBron.

Anthony Davis on the other hand, played really well against Aldridge. I guess he plays well against everyone though. :lol

LongtimeSpursFan
08-01-2015, 01:28 AM
As much as I like to see Kawhi voted into all star game I just don't think he has the ability to
be a player to take over game. I think the addition of Aldridge gives Kawhi an out to accept second fiddle role.

TD 21
08-01-2015, 06:33 PM
One of Aldridge and Leonard is likely and the other is 50/50; Duncan and Parker are closer to none than slim; Ginobili and West have no chance.

Locks: Durant, Davis, Curry, Harden, Paul, Griffin, Westbrook

Likely: Bryant (only because of Lakers/casual fans, of course), Cousins (should be a lock, but volatile personality, inability to get along with most coaches, bad team, hurt his cause), Gasol, one of Aldridge/Leonard

On the bubble: The other of Leonard/Aldridge, Howard, Thompson

Outside chance/Injury replacements: Nowitzki (should be no chance, but coaches love him and with no clear better player on roster, if they hang in playoff race, he'll get majority of credit, along with Carlisle), Green, Jordan, Randolph, Conley, Ibaka, Lillard, Duncan/Parker (coaches love them and if Spurs have ridiculous record or either has had to carry a heavier than expected load due to injuries, they'll get a lot of credit)

AFBlue
08-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Aldridge should make it back tbqh. Duncan will make a concerted effort to take a lesser role, so that Aldridge can feel more comfortable early on. I think Pop will also heavily manage Duncan's minutes, in deference to Aldridge.

The other player I could see making a return is Parker. He'll obviously have an uphill battle with the reigning MVP, CP3 and Westchuck at the position, but if the Spurs are playing well then Parker is a likely catalyst for their success. If they have a top-3 record by the all-star break, they should get three in. My best guess would be those two plus Leonard.

bic50
08-01-2015, 11:18 PM
As much as I like to see Kawhi voted into all star game I just don't think he has the ability to
be a player to take over game. I think the addition of Aldridge gives Kawhi an out to accept second fiddle role.
If kawhi can play to the same level or better like he did back in march for much of first half of the season, he'll be an all star. Aldridge might put kawhi as 2nd fiddle but I don't think he cares much about that. or atleast he shouldn't.

dweaver99027
08-02-2015, 01:45 AM
A consistent and healthy March/April Kawhi is a surefire All Star and Top 5 MVP candidate if Spurs are on a 62+ win pace.

BillMc
08-02-2015, 03:29 AM
One of Aldridge and Leonard is likely and the other is 50/50; Duncan and Parker are closer to none than slim; Ginobili and West have no chance.

Locks: Durant, Davis, Curry, Harden, Paul, Griffin, Westbrook

Likely: Bryant (only because of Lakers/casual fans, of course), Cousins (should be a lock, but volatile personality, inability to get along with most coaches, bad team, hurt his cause), Gasol, one of Aldridge/Leonard

On the bubble: The other of Leonard/Aldridge, Howard, Thompson

Outside chance/Injury replacements: Nowitzki (should be no chance, but coaches love him and with no clear better player on roster, if they hang in playoff race, he'll get majority of credit, along with Carlisle), Green, Jordan, Randolph, Conley, Ibaka, Lillard, Duncan/Parker (coaches love them and if Spurs have ridiculous record or either has had to carry a heavier than expected load due to injuries, they'll get a lot of credit)

This.

LongtimeSpursFan
08-28-2015, 12:02 AM
Blake is a ridiculous athlete, and he showed signs of putting his offensive game together against us in thebplayoffs, but he just doesn't consistently take a game over with the ball in his hand. Aldridge is capable of that. I'd put Aldridge ahead of him as of now. If Blake improves as much as he did last year, it'll be close but I think he benefits pretty well from cp3 being such a good playmaker.

And Yea, Blake and Jordan couldn't stop Aldridge last year in the post and looked lost when he took them out to space. I like how Aldridge plays big against the best competition. Like Kawhi does against LeBron.

Anthony Davis on the other hand, played really well against Aldridge. I guess he plays well against everyone though. :lol

LongtimeSpursFan
11-18-2015, 09:36 PM
Parker looking like MVParker.