PDA

View Full Version : NBA League Pass to offer single team/ game packages for the upcoming season

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 07:07 AM
Just a public service announcement for Spurs fans out of market (like myself) who buy NBA League Pass to watch the Spurs...

Next season, consumers can buy single team packages for $120 instead of paying $199 for all the teams (5 teams available for $149 last season too). That's actually a much more reasonable price if you're just buying the league pass to watch the one team. Granted, for the extra $80 it's nice to be able to scout the other teams. But for those that need to tighten the purse strings, good news nonetheless.

Also, single games are available for $6.99. This is a bit pricey, imo. But if you really need/want to see a game in a pinch, it's a nice option to have out there I suppose.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/the-nba-is-set-to-offer-single-game-and-team-package-options-for-league-pass-182302253.html

MarCowMar
07-23-2015, 08:25 AM
What really kills the value of League Pass is that they steal the best game from you every night and put it on NBA TV. And a lot of times the Spurs are in fact the best non-cable broadcast on--so it happens a lot to us. So you can't even plan around it or anything.

Mal
07-23-2015, 08:26 AM
I wonder if I can buffer it and watch later at work. If so, I am interested

philldafunk
07-23-2015, 08:30 AM
Never realized how luck I was to live in SA and have FSN.

SPURt
07-23-2015, 08:34 AM
Never realized how luck I was to live in SA and have FSN.
Yes you are! The $120 deal is the best to follow a single team. The $6.99 single game price is pretty high. If you're trying to follow a single team, it loses its value at 17 games.

philldafunk
07-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Yes you are! The $120 deal is the best to follow a single team. The $6.99 single game price is pretty high. If you're trying to follow a single team, it loses its value at 17 games.

I was at a friends house and they had Time Warner (with a bunch of channels), way up in the channels I noticed that there was every single FSN listed for the entire country. You guys may wanna take a look at that.

SPURt
07-23-2015, 08:43 AM
I was at a friends house and they had Time Warner (with a bunch of channels), way up in the channels I noticed that there was every single FSN listed for the entire country. You guys may wanna take a look at that.
I'll look into that, good info!

philldafunk
07-23-2015, 08:46 AM
I'll look into that, good info!

I take that back, it was Comcast.

SPURt
07-23-2015, 08:52 AM
I take that back, it was Comcast.
I was surprised when you said Time Warner, they're the devil

jhfenton
07-23-2015, 09:01 AM
I've done the 5-team pass the last few seasons, so the single team package will save me $30 bucks. I probably only watch a couple of non-Spurs matchups per season, usually late in the year when playoff positioning matters.

I do hate it when the Spurs are on NBA TV, TNT, or ESPN. :bang

Dex
07-23-2015, 09:03 AM
I've done the 5-team pass the last few seasons, so the single team package will save me $30 bucks. I probably only watch a couple of non-Spurs matchups per season, usually late in the year when playoff positioning matters.

Yeah, I know it's all marketing bullshit, but it really is stupid that games that are broadcast on cable TV are blacked out on League Pass when it's supposed to be the ALTERNATIVE to cable TV.

Embedded
07-23-2015, 09:12 AM

That's where if you live in the Spurs market, Dish shines. With Dish Anywhere you are able to watch whatever your box is watching as long as you have a good internet connection. I was even able to watch a game on WiFi while flying once, but usually the connection isn't that good. So you can not only watch live games, you can record them and watch them. It's reliable 95% of the time

hater
07-23-2015, 09:25 AM
Fuck them thieves. Greedy fucks.

Watching free streams next season.

tbdog
07-23-2015, 09:50 AM
If you a vpn, log in, stop vpn = no blackout.

ducks
07-23-2015, 09:52 AM
after 30 minutes or so you can after game gets over

From Downtown
07-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Fuck them thieves. Greedy fucks.

Watching free streams next season.
That's what I do,it's not even that hard to find one in good quality

peacemaker885
07-23-2015, 10:48 AM
What really kills the value of League Pass is that they steal the best game from you every night and put it on NBA TV. And a lot of times the Spurs are in fact the best non-cable broadcast on--so it happens a lot to us. So you can't even plan around it or anything.

Mal
07-23-2015, 10:51 AM

So I could pay 120$ for Spurs package and I didnt get all 82 games to watch ?

ducks
07-23-2015, 11:29 AM
ones that our national tv you have to have espn,abc, tnt or nba tv you have to watch that instead of the nba league pass stations
it works good for me
I have nba tv and regular cable then I pay for the nba league pass so I get all 82 games

From Downtown
07-23-2015, 11:33 AM
ones that our national tv you have to have espn,abc, tnt or nba tv you have to watch that instead of the nba league pass stations
it works good for me
I have nba tv and regular cable then I pay for the nba league pass so I get all 82 games
So basically if foreigners pay for the League Pass they still don't get all the 82 games,right?

hater
07-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Lotta retards have lotta money in their hands. It's up to the smart ppl to devise ways of taking that money. It ain't hard at all.

ducks
07-23-2015, 11:35 AM
if you are over seas and do not get those stations it might not be blacked out for you. I know others here get it that are foreigners
you need to ask them or they might post in here show
you could also send a email to the nba league pass and they will get back to you to find out for sure

hater
07-23-2015, 11:38 AM
What's fucked up is that a nigha has to call Eastern Europe to request a cancelation of NBA league pass.

Fuck that. Free streams it is

RD2191
07-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Glad I'm local. FSSW pretty much covers all Spurs games.

jyra
07-23-2015, 12:10 PM
So basically if foreigners pay for the League Pass they still don't get all the 82 games,right?

I have been using the International League Pass for a couple of years now and there hasn't been a single blacked out game for me. I can only speak for using it in Germany though, could be different elsewhere.

From Downtown
07-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Oh alright,that sounds good

Vic Petro
07-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Pretty sure DirecTV throws NBATV in with your NBA League Pass subscription. You only miss TNT/ESPN games.

I buy the $200 package from cable provider, then give mobile account credentials to a friend for $100. So I get all the games on my TV, he gets all his games online (Knicks fan) and we're each out $100.

pookenstein
07-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Nothing but good experiences with the international LP. I get all games, ASG (lol), the Playoffs and Finals for roughly 170€. Great value.

Fireball
07-23-2015, 12:54 PM
I have been using the International League Pass for a couple of years now and there hasn't been a single blacked out game for me. I can only speak for using it in Germany though, could be different elsewhere.

Agreed. As internationals who do not have access to US television games are not blacked out ...

HarlemHeat37
07-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Ballstreams..Ballstreams..

Vic Petro
07-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Ballstreams..Ballstreams..

I've had my issues with them. I have 100 mb/s download speed yet still get choppy feeds.

HarlemHeat37
07-23-2015, 01:03 PM
I've had my issues with them. I have 100 mb/s download speed yet still get choppy feeds.

Really? I've rarely had any problems and I have been using it for the past 3 season, tbh..

Vic Petro
07-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Really? I've rarely had any problems and I have been using it for the past 3 season, tbh..

Maybe because I was trying to watch on an iPad? Not sure, but was a frustrating experience.

BillMc
07-23-2015, 01:39 PM

Yeah, ILP has all the games which is great. I don't have worry about ESPN, TNT, etc. The one annoying thing is your internet provider/wifi has to be outside the USA. So, if you're an American who lives abroad like me, your International League Pass doesn't work when you come home to visit. Fortunately, there are sites that allow you to get foreign IP addresses which fool it into thinking you're still abroad while in the States. But its a hassle.

Vokun
07-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Streams are the way to go tbh. Plus, I'm a cheap ass, if I can get it free, I'm going that route no matter the quality of the stream that night (however, most of the time they have excellent quality streams)

HarlemHeat37
07-23-2015, 06:13 PM
Maybe because I was trying to watch on an iPad? Not sure, but was a frustrating experience.

Oh, ya I agree with that, actually..the mobile feed is kind of shitty..

I've never had a problem with the full version..

DPG21920
07-23-2015, 06:18 PM
Luckily I live in Austin so I get SA games, but I buy full LP every year to watch as many other games as possible. I get streaming, but I prefer to watch on my TV vs online. To me, for how many games I watch, paying $189 (early bird) works out to pennies a game.

Vic Petro
07-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Luckily I live in Austin so I get SA games, but I buy full LP every year to watch as many other games as possible. I get streaming, but I prefer to watch on my TV vs online. To me, for how many games I watch, paying $189 (early bird) works out to pennies a game.

I live in LA so LP is a godsend, but I go to Spurs @ Lakers, Clippers, Kings every year. Will try to make a trip up to Golden State this season also. Never seen a game in San Antonio though.

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 06:46 PM
I messed up the formatting on the title of the thread. If anyone knows how to edit titles, let me know. I couldn't figure it out.

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 06:47 PM

That bothered me a lot that I couldn't see games that were on NBATV....I have cable and could still watch them; but having to switch the input on my TV was just annoying. I don't see any reason for why they do that nonsense other than possibly a devil's pact with Time Warner.

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 06:49 PM

Not live, you can't. You can watch replays of games (about 30-40 minutes after the fact) and pause and play.

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 06:51 PM
I was surprised when you said Time Warner, they're the devil

Time Warner is contracted by the NBA to distribute their League Pass. So, even if you're watching on Comcast, the feed originates from Time Warner distribution.

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 06:54 PM
That's what I do,it's not even that hard to find one in good quality

I don't know where to find them. I had a site til the gopo shut it down. $120 is a good deal for reliable service that archives games though. I don't mind paying a reasonable price. But if you have sites, I'd be interested for future reference. PM if you want.

SPURt
07-23-2015, 06:55 PM
Time Warner is contracted by the NBA to distribute their League Pass. So, even if you're watching on Comcast, the feed originates from Time Warner distribution.
That's probably why they wouldn't offer FSN from other states. They're trying to push viewers to their partnership deal.

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 06:56 PM
So I could pay 120$ for Spurs package and I didnt get all 82 games to watch ?

You get them all on the replays; but yea, you don't get the cable games live. And the NBATV ones are especially annoying cos they'll take 24-48 hours to put them up. The ESPN and TNT games there isn't usually much additional delay from the Fox Sports ones. They're up within two hours.

DPG21920
07-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Honestly, while $199 can be a lot of money, I think it's a pretty fair price to view content legally when you get that many games. Even if you just watched your team and take out the 20 nationally televised games, it's still 62 games for $199. Then if you watch a lot of NBA, it's really a good value.

SpursFan86
07-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Co-sign the Ballstreams suggestion...I've been using it for the past two seasons and have never had any issues with it. Also archives all the games (even stuff like Inside the NBA, too) so you can go back and watch them later.

It's like half the price and just as good of service (no blackouts whatsoever). Only problem is that you can't watch it directly from your TV, but there are ways around that such as hooking your computer up to your TV with an HDMI cable, or getting a Roku/Chromecast.

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 07:08 PM

Somehow, that $10 savings makes it more tempting to stick with the rest the league. Last year, I had the whole league...

But I live in LA, so getting Lakers/Clips on cable already. I watched all Spurs games (obviously). I watched Pelicans games 'til Jimmer started getting virtually no minutes a few weeks into the season; I watched Cavs games to scout Lebron cos I was figuring we'd play them in the finals; I watched some bits of Celts games cos they are my original favs (but they sucked); sometimes, I watched GS games when they were down or the score was close in the second half; and then of course, the last month of the season when things are getting interesting, I watch certain match-ups.

But for the most part, I was just thinking that I could've totally went for five team package and save 50 bucks. With early bird, it's only 40 savings though.

Spurtacular
07-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Co-sign the Ballstreams suggestion...I've been using it for the past two seasons and have never had any issues with it. Also archives all the games (even stuff like Inside the NBA, too) so you can go back and watch them later.

It's like half the price and just as good of service (no blackouts whatsoever). Only problem is that you can't watch it directly from your TV, but there are ways around that such as hooking your computer up to your TV with an HDMI cable, or getting a Roku/Chromecast.

If it works on Amazon Fire, then maybe. I'd rather pay the money and be able to watch the games on TV than a tiny computer screen all year though.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2015, 07:17 PM
Single game stuff will be nice when I'm out of the market.

Mal
07-24-2015, 03:40 AM
Not live, you can't. You can watch replays of games (about 30-40 minutes after the fact) and pause and play.

Live games midweek are not an option for me. Only replays

MI21
07-24-2015, 04:02 AM
International League Pass is great, log in from a proxy and make them think you are in Brazil or Ethiopia or some shit and I get the premium package, every game every day, playoffs, NBA TV for what works out to be about $80US.

From Downtown
07-24-2015, 07:57 AM
I don't know where to find them. I had a site til the gopo shut it down. $120 is a good deal for reliable service that archives games though. I don't mind paying a reasonable price. But if you have sites, I'd be interested for future reference. PM if you want.
I find them on Rojadirecta,it's blocked here in Italy but works fine using a proxy

Spurs9
07-24-2015, 08:33 AM
I live in LA so LP is a godsend, but I go to Spurs @ Lakers, Clippers, Kings every year. Will try to make a trip up to Golden State this season also. Never seen a game in San Antonio though.
The arena is in the middle of the ghetto you aren't missing much. The improvements to the AT&T center this summer should be nice though tbh

Keepin' it real
07-24-2015, 08:54 AM
League Pass has been a good investment for me since moving from SA. I've ended up watching so many great finishes from other games. Plus of course all the Spurs games.

The $6.99/game approach is good for non-fanatics who, unlike us, don't want to watch games vs. crappy teams like Minnesota or anyone from the east other than Cleveland.

LiSpurs516
07-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Is league pass worth it? I live in NY so the only games I catch are ESPN TNT and NBAtv. The rest I have to stream on firstrowsports but quality is eh, and I have to watch on the laptop as opposed to the big screen.

Gametight
07-24-2015, 10:21 AM

Have you or anyone you know tried using Ballstreams with a roku? I've been using League pass broadband with my roku and it works pretty good but I'm looking to save some money this upcoming season and have heard good things about Ballstreams. I just wonder how well it works on roku.

Gametight
07-24-2015, 10:25 AM
Is league pass worth it? I live in NY so the only games I catch are ESPN TNT and NBAtv. The rest I have to stream on firstrowsports but quality is eh, and I have to watch on the laptop as opposed to the big screen.

It is if you can afford it and you have time to watch most of the games, than it's worth it. I don't have cable but watch all my tv with roku so I am going to try Ballstreams out this season, that could be a cheaper option for you if you have a roku/chromecast or want to run a hdmi from your computer to the tv.

Spurtacular
07-24-2015, 04:26 PM
Live games midweek are not an option for me. Only replays

League Pass is great for replays then. Pausable and you get all the games.

philldafunk
10-28-2015, 12:48 PM
So Time Warner finally started encrypting channels in San Antonio. No more free cable.... I picked up XMBC, now I need to find a good stream source.