PDA

View Full Version : Newly released photos of Bush Admin. during 9/11

JohnnyMarzetti
07-25-2015, 05:45 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/newly-released-photos-cheney-bush-tense-moments-after-sept-11-n398251?cid=sm_fb

Cheney kicks back while watching burning Twin Towers and thinking cha-ching.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Wow, really brings the account of those moments in Against All Enemies to life.

DMX7
07-25-2015, 11:16 AM
You can see the failure on their faces. The one thing they were supposed to be tough on is national security. And there it is, less than a year into the administration, and they've allowed the worst terrorist attack ever on American soil to occur.

CosmicCowboy
07-25-2015, 01:16 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/newly-released-photos-cheney-bush-tense-moments-after-sept-11-n398251?cid=sm_fb

Cheney kicks back while watching burning Twin Towers and thinking cha-ching.

Are you aware that Cheney had serious heart issues even at that time? The first thing doctors tell people with heart/circulation/fluid issues is to get your feet up when you sit down. Your ignorance is showing in your cha-cha comment.

JohnnyMarzetti
07-25-2015, 02:52 PM
Are you aware that Cheney had serious heart issues even at that time? The first thing doctors tell people with heart/circulation/fluid issues is to get your feet up when you sit down. Your ignorance is showing in your cha-cha comment.

Get your head out of Cheney's ass. Why is his leg not up in any other photos? You have to have a heart in order to have a heart condition. You can't handle the truth you sick fuck.

TeyshaBlue
07-25-2015, 03:02 PM
:lol "truth"

ddjeffries
07-25-2015, 04:12 PM
You can see the failure on their faces. The one thing they were supposed to be tough on is national security. And there it is, less than a year into the administration, and they've allowed the worst terrorist attack ever on American soil to occur.

A lot of spin here. It would have happened regardless of who was in office.

CitizenDwayne
07-25-2015, 04:42 PM
:lol Bush apologists.

DMX7
07-25-2015, 05:34 PM
A lot of spin here. It would have happened regardless of who was in office.

No, we can not say that with certainty at all.

As you probably would expect, Bush was on vacation (and probably golfing or clearing brush) when he received the infamous "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US" memo from the CIA. I'm sure he took it very seriously given that he basically did nothing. A competent president would have found a way to make the intelligence actionable, and then would have take action. Instead, we got struck and made to look like fools.

Then, as you might expect from Bush again, he failed to get Bin Laden and to bring to a successful conclusion the operations in Afghanistan. Poor leadership and the inexcusable declaration of war (de facto) against Iraq further diverted resources from the main objectives in Afghanistan. How you manage to lose a war with a modern American military AND the military forces of NATO (which had invoked Article 5) is beyond me... Obama tried to salvage it, but the support for it was basically gone by the time he took office given that addressing the disastrous economic circumstances (that he also inherited from Bush) took priority.

TeyshaBlue
07-25-2015, 06:11 PM
You mean the August 6 2001 memo? The one of 89 memos since June? The one that references 70 active FBI investigations into suspicious behavior?

Cause it sounds like action was ongoing. That he wasn't prescient is unforgivable, right,

For the record, if this had happened on any previous watch, I would be loath to hold the sitting president responsible.

TeyshaBlue
07-25-2015, 06:12 PM
The Iraq fiasco is completely his, however.

m>s
07-25-2015, 07:49 PM
No, we can not say that with certainty at all.

As you probably would expect, Bush was on vacation (and probably golfing or clearing brush) when he received the infamous "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US" memo from the CIA. I'm sure he took it very seriously given that he basically did nothing. A competent president would have found a way to make the intelligence actionable, and then would have take action. Instead, we got struck and made to look like fools.

Then, as you might expect from Bush again, he failed to get Bin Laden and to bring to a successful conclusion the operations in Afghanistan. Poor leadership and the inexcusable declaration of war (de facto) against Iraq further diverted resources from the main objectives in Afghanistan. How you manage to lose a war with a modern American military AND the military forces of NATO (which had invoked Article 5) is beyond me... Obama tried to salvage it, but the support for it was basically gone by the time he took office given that addressing the disastrous economic circumstances (that he also inherited from Bush) took priority.
obama has spent more time on vacation than any other president and also done more harm

ChumpDumper
07-25-2015, 07:59 PM
obama has spent more time on vacation than any other president and also done more harm
During his eight-year presidency, Bush did take 879 days of vacation, including 77 trips to his Texas ranch. So far [August 2014], Obama has taken about 150 days off.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-presidential-vacations/2014/08/15/2aa969c6-2311-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

lol m<s caught lying again.

spurraider21
07-25-2015, 08:00 PM
what do you think al gore would have done to not allow the attack, specifically?

Nbadan
07-25-2015, 10:03 PM
:lol Bush apologists.

true dat....just 48 hours after 9/11, the toxic rubble at the World Trade Centre site still ablaze. On that afternoon, Bandar Bush met on the Truman balcony with President Bush and the two lit up Cohiba cigars. At the time, the White House knew that 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis. It knew that Osama bin Laden was Saudi. And, as the 9/11 commission concluded, it knew that Saudi Arabia was "the primary source of money for al-Qaida", which was largely funded by wealthy Saudis via Islamist charities.

DMX7
07-25-2015, 10:14 PM
what do you think al gore would have done to not allow the attack, specifically?

The Clinton administration took Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda seriously. Bill could only do so much in the midst of his blow-job scandal, but I think Al Gore likely would have stepped up the efforts to kill Osama or at least disrupt Al Qaeda given how many sirens the intelligence community was sounding about a possible attack on the US by Osama. We will never what would have happened, but we do know what did happen...

This Bill Clinton interview always sticks out to me. Obviously, he is putting his spin on it, but I think it mostly rings true.

[FROM 2005/CNN.com] In a contentious taped interview that aired on "Fox News Sunday," former President Bill Clinton vigorously defended his efforts as president to capture and kill al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since. And if I were still president, we'd have more than 20,000 troops there trying to kill him," Clinton said, referring to Afghanistan.

"We do have a government that thinks Afghanistan is one-seventh as important as Iraq," he added, referring to the approximately 140,000 U.S. troops in Iraq.

Clinton asserted he had done more to try to kill bin Laden than "all the right-wingers who are attacking me now." In fact, Clinton said, conservatives routinely criticized him for "obsessing" over bin Laden while he was in office.

"They ridiculed me for trying. They had eight months to try. They did not try. I tried. So I tried and failed," he said.

Nbadan
07-25-2015, 10:18 PM
Richard Clark was telling the Bushies over and over that they shouldn't take their eye off the Saudis, but of course he was forced "out of the loop", as Condie said, and so Bin Laden took about 9 months to get the plan up and running. He knew it was the right time because the Bushies were so busy being the anti-Clinton Administration... and Clinton's administration kept a close eye on Saudi as well as other activity. Gore would not have dropped the ball. He would have met daily with his Terrorist task force (like Clinton did) and been able to handle a DPB longer than one page.... tho' all you needed was to look at the title of one such brief to get it. Cheney's terrorist task force never met...until Sept. 10th I believe. They we all looking the other way and Bin Laden took the advantage.....

Then the Bushies reacted just as Bin Laden hoped and knew they would.....

DMX7
07-26-2015, 11:22 AM
During his eight-year presidency, Bush did take 879 days of vacation, including 77 trips to his Texas ranch. So far [August 2014], Obama has taken about 150 days off.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/five-myths-about-presidential-vacations/2014/08/15/2aa969c6-2311-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

lol m<s caught lying again.

Has any president ever completely phoned it in more than Bush? 77 trips to his ranch in 8 years despite two wars and the worst financial crisis since the great depression?

ChumpDumper
07-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Has any president ever completely phoned it in more than Bush? 77 trips to his ranch in 8 years despite two wars and the worst financial crisis since the great depression?Eh, I don't go counting up vacation days for presidents; it's always a working vacation at best.

No one can deny Bush's de-emphasizing terror the first months of his presidency. Could a different attitude or president have prevented 9/11? I think the structural problems of the institutions involved might still not have been overcome in time.

JohnnyMarzetti
07-26-2015, 11:59 AM
Cheney was always in charge even when Dumbya wasn't on his many vacation days.

Will Hunting
07-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Has any president ever completely phoned it in more than Bush? 77 trips to his ranch in 8 years despite two wars and the worst financial crisis since the great depression?

I knew he had more vacation days than any other president, but I didnt realize that he was on vacation 30% of the time :lol, holy hell that's a lot.

The weirdest thing about his vacations was the totally mindless shit he would do. Most people do stuff like play golf or go fishing when they're on vacation. Bush would chop at brush with a machete for literally hours on end.

sickdsm
07-26-2015, 12:37 PM
I knew he had more vacation days than any other president, but I didnt realize that he was on vacation 30% of the time :lol, holy hell that's a lot.

The weirdest thing about his vacations was the totally mindless shit he would do. Most people do stuff like play golf or go fishing when they're on vacation. Bush would chop at brush with a machete for literally hours on end.

My best thinking times are when I do a mindless physical job. Nothing to get the mind rolling like driving or chopping wood. Sometimes when I just need a break I play a shoot em up video game, like in House of Cards.

I guarantee you that an hour of using a machete will be a better problem solver than an hour of sports/video games.

boutons_deux
07-26-2015, 12:55 PM
My best thinking times are when I do a mindless physical job.

there's now actual science:

How Walking in Nature Changes the Brain

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2015/07/22/how-nature-changes-the-brain/

Same with classic hatha yoga (not Americanized for-profit junk, competitive yoga), consciously manipulating the body works deeply on the brain and nervous system, below the conscious level.

spurraider21
07-26-2015, 06:08 PM
how much tv time has obama had compared to other presidents?

Clipper Nation
07-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Does golf count as a vacation? Since that's what Obummer spends all his time doing.

boutons_deux
07-26-2015, 07:33 PM
no doubt, dickhead and his accomplices are silently ecstatic from OBL's gift pretext for invading Iraq for oil, and enriching dickhead's Halliburton with $10Bs in corrupt, incompetent contracts.

JohnnyMarzetti
07-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Does golf count as a vacation? Since that's what Obummer spends all his time doing.

http://cdn.historycommons.org/images/events/bushgolf_2050081722-22603.jpg

ChumpDumper
07-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Does golf count as a vacation? Since that's what Obummer spends all his time doing.Eisenhower played about three times as much.

You guys will have to move the goalposts again.

:cry Keep trying :cry

DarrinS
07-27-2015, 09:31 AM
true dat....just 48 hours after 9/11, the toxic rubble at the World Trade Centre site still ablaze. On that afternoon, Bandar Bush met on the Truman balcony with President Bush and the two lit up Cohiba cigars. At the time, the White House knew that 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis. It knew that Osama bin Laden was Saudi. And, as the 9/11 commission concluded, it knew that Saudi Arabia was "the primary source of money for al-Qaida", which was largely funded by wealthy Saudis via Islamist charities.

Don't post other people's words as your own, faggot.

From http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/11/september11.usa1

On that afternoon, Bandar met on the Truman balcony with President Bush and the two men lit up Cohiba cigars. At the time, the White House knew that 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis. It knew that Osama bin Laden was Saudi. And, as the 9/11 commission concluded, it knew that Saudi Arabia was "the primary source of money for al-Qaida", which was largely funded by wealthy Saudis via Islamist charities.

DarrinS
07-28-2015, 08:13 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-shaw/reading-the-pictures-how_b_7884012.html

boutons_deux
07-28-2015, 08:31 AM
http://cdn.historycommons.org/images/events/bushgolf_2050081722-22603.jpg

John Boehner Cries During Interview With The Golf Channel

http://a2.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/keuh0yzxxgaoieehqfzq.jpg

The Republican lawmaker brought Golf Channel's host David Feherty to his offices in Washington, D.C. to talk about his daily work for Congress, how he wants to help children, and how easily some lawmakers are moved to tears.
The interview is set to air Aug. 3. Check out the preview, from the Golf Channel, below:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/boehner-golf-channel-interview-crying

CosmicCowboy
07-28-2015, 08:54 AM
:lmao at the revisionist history in here.

hitmanyr2k
07-28-2015, 01:55 PM
You mean the August 6 2001 memo? The one of 89 memos since June? The one that references 70 active FBI investigations into suspicious behavior?

Cause it sounds like action was ongoing. That he wasn't prescient is unforgivable, right,

For the record, if this had happened on any previous watch, I would be loath to hold the sitting president responsible.

When the CIA flies to the president's house during his ridiculous 25 day vacation to clue him in on a briefing titled "Bin Laden determined to strike the U.S." which lays out the details in fire and brimstone that they're planning to use aircraft I would expect the president to listen and take it seriously rather than say “Alright, you’ve covered your ass now” like Georgie boy did. His administration was getting warnings from all over the place and they didn't act so they're responsible. It comes with the office.