PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: The Weekside: Kobe Bryant will not go gentle into that good night

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2015, 08:33 AM
Good read.....

Here's a sample...

Kobe Bryant is a gunslinger from another era, and while his demeanor might not let him bow out gracefully, it will be awful fun to watch

http://fansided.com/2015/07/24/kobe-bryant-go-gentle-lakers-dangelo-russell/

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2015, 08:54 AM
he was so gentle in colorado....had to go finish in the bathroom

ambchang
07-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Lebron has never made the Finals until he had a real team? 2007 ring a bell? 2014?

Nobody has done it alone? Well, technically true, because the rules said you have to have 5 players on the floor, but if alone means having subpar teammates, then Hakeem did it in 94, Duncan did it in 03, Dirk did it in 11, Rick Barry did it in 75. What we do know, is that Kobe not only didn't make the finals in his prime without a "real" team beside him, he couldn't even make the PLAYOFFS without the best frontline in the league.

It's either Shaq, or Pau+Odom+Bynum.

And not a "real" team? Odom and Butler aren't exactly nobodies.

The problem with Kobe is that he tried to take on team on his own, not because he wants to win, but because he wants to show the world he can. Except, he can't. And when he can't, it's the quality of his teammates. Nevermind he ran Shaq out of town, he ran Phil out of town (then begged him back), he ran Dwight out of town, he ran Pau out of town, he hogged the cap so that the Lakers couldn't get any significant free agents, he attend these free agent meetings posing as a top dog, when he was one of the worst players in the league. It's his teammates problem, it's the coach, it's the front office, it's the fans, it's the ball ball, it's an unattractive hotel worker in Colorado. It's ALWAYS someone else's problem. Always.

ambchang
07-25-2015, 09:54 AM
And yes, it is awful fun to watch .... unless you are a Lakers fan.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Lebron has never made the Finals until he had a real team? 2007 ring a bell? 2014?

Nobody has done it alone? Well, technically true, because the rules said you have to have 5 players on the floor, but if alone means having subpar teammates, then Hakeem did it in 94, Duncan did it in 03, Dirk did it in 11, Rick Barry did it in 75. What we do know, is that Kobe not only didn't make the finals in his prime without a "real" team beside him, he couldn't even make the PLAYOFFS without the best frontline in the league.

The problem with Kobe is that he tried to take on team on his own, not because he wants to win, but because he wants to show the world he can. Except, he can't. And when he can't, it's the quality of his teammates. Nevermind he ran Shaq out of town, he ran Phil out of town (then begged him back), he ran Dwight out of town, he ran Pau out of town, he hogged the cap so that the Lakers couldn't get any significant free agents, he attend these free agent meetings posing as a top dog, when he was one of the worst players in the league. It's his teammates problem, it's the coach, it's the front office, it's the fans, it's the ball ball, it's an unattractive hotel worker in Colorado. It's ALWAYS someone else's problem. Always.

Cry me a river folk...:lol he did all that and he still managed to fuck over 100 bitchez while your nikka was gettin plowed up the shooter

Thread
07-25-2015, 10:28 AM
he was so gentle in colorado....had to go finish in the bathroom

You've nary room. Your rapist finished over the laundry tub inside his rape victim.

Thread
07-25-2015, 10:30 AM
It's that 5th that drives 'em.

tee, hee.

They thought he was beat. Hell, Luva will tell ya's I thought he was beat. Me? I thought he was beat.

Uh, uh.

Kool Bob Love
07-25-2015, 10:46 AM
I'm so fucking happy this clown and the lakers are garbage.

Thread
07-25-2015, 10:50 AM

Can't blame ya, Lovey,,,I felt the exact same way in '13 when your clown Duncan gave away your Spurs 1st 5th. Then Amy outed him for being the gay he'd always been. Then the Bexar County judge came out to the house and administered last rites.

I've had the time of me life.

BD24
07-25-2015, 11:05 AM
Can't blame ya, Lovey,,,I felt the exact same way in '13 when your clown Duncan gave away your Spurs 1st 5th. Then Amy outed him for being the gay he'd always been. Then the Bexar County judge came out to the house and administered last rites.

Where was your homie Kobe during our first 5th dale?

DMC
07-25-2015, 11:08 AM

Says a lot about your life.

DMC
07-25-2015, 11:10 AM
It doesn't make me happy. It's just another example of expensive ingredients mixed together wrong making shitty dishes. You can make great dishes for relatively low cost, but you can spend all the money you want on ingredients and if you don't know how to mix them and prepare them, you have shit. Lakers have shit.

What would be unnerving for the rest of the free world would be for Jim Buss to announce they have waived Kobe Bryant. That would shock the fuck out of LA fans, but it would send a clear message to the league and NBA fans that LA has turned the corner. They'd be the talk of the town.

Thread
07-25-2015, 11:11 AM
Where was your homie Kobe during our first 5th dale?

Not lettin' Battier get his cookie. Battier had been chasin' Kobe with that big "Stop Kobe" binder for years. No success. Battier solves sweetheart across a week. All it took was Amy & TMZ. No more closet.

Thread
07-25-2015, 11:12 AM
It doesn't make me happy.

I'll just bet it don't, Shits.

Thread
Says a lot about your life.

That's all ya got, Shits?

DMC
Not lettin' Battier get his cookie. Battier had been chasin' Kobe with that big "Stop Kobe" binder for years. No success. Battier solves sweetheart across a week. All it took was Amy & TMZ. No more closet.

Battier rung while Kobe was watching from his easy chair. I'd say Kobe was stopped.

DMC
07-25-2015, 11:13 AM
That's all ya got, Shits?

I'd never say I've had the time of my life talking TMZ shit, old Taint.

Thread
07-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Battier rung while Kobe was watching from his easy chair. I'd say Kobe was stopped.

Kobe: 5

Battier: 2 including The Spurs 1st 5th

SupremeGuy
07-25-2015, 11:40 AM
he was so gentle in colorado....had to go finish in the bathroom:lol

BD24
07-25-2015, 01:52 PM
But where was he dale? Watching the game the same as the rest of us. He never even got a cookie that year.

Thread
07-25-2015, 02:13 PM
But where was he dale? Watching the game the same as the rest of us. He never even got a cookie that year.

I'd rather have no cookie than have a cookie that I had to go to the cookie jar where I just deposited same cookie and give it back.

BD24
07-25-2015, 02:40 PM
I'd rather have no cookie than have a cookie that I had to go to the cookie jar where I just deposited same cookie and give it back.
You tell yourself that dale. Kobe was sitting at home with the raptors and 76ers of the world

Thread
07-25-2015, 04:19 PM
You tell yourself that dale. Kobe was sitting at home with the raptors and 76ers of the world

Damn rights I will, Moose. Just try to stop me. I'd like to see you try.

BD24
07-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Damn rights I will, Moose. Just try to stop me. I'd like to see you try.
haha your always good for a laugh dale. Whats missing the playoffs like though? I'm a Spurs fan I don't know that feeling, would be awkward not watching my team in May. Id feel lost, I imagine thats how you fill lately cub.

DMC
07-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Kobe: 5

Battier: 2 including The Spurs 1st 5th
Kobe was stopped, hasn't been in a playoff game in 3 years, going on 4.

Thread
07-25-2015, 09:37 PM
Kobe was stopped, hasn't been in a playoff game in 3 years, going on 4.

Battier never stopped him. Tried, valiantly, but, Kobe took that Stop Kobe Binder turned it sideways then jammed right of Battier's money maker. No more big shot.

Battier had nary a hard time crackin' Duncan open. Busted that faggot six ways to Sunday.

Amy

Splits
07-25-2015, 10:58 PM

Amb ethering niggas.

Amb

ambchang
07-25-2015, 11:19 PM
Cry me a river folk...:lol he did all that and he still managed to fuck over 100 bitchez while your nikka was gettin plowed up the shooter

Yes, explains why he had to finish in the shower.

:lol so horribly desperate he had to settle for that type of quality
:lol over 100

Reck
07-26-2015, 07:59 AM
True that.

And we're already seeing it kool.

Kobe is the type of player that doesn't know when to quit and so, the only way he'll retire is if he's made to.

He's already washed up beyond being useful so he's just out there to feed his ego at this point.

DPG21920
07-26-2015, 12:23 PM
I just hope Kobe signs on for 2+ after this season.

DMC
07-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Battier never stopped him. Tried, valiantly, but, Kobe took that Stop Kobe Binder turned it sideways then jammed right of Battier's money maker. No more big shot.

Battier had nary a hard time crackin' Duncan open. Busted that faggot six ways to Sunday.

Amy
Kobe was stopped. He hasn't seen a playoff game in 3 years, going on 4. Meanwhile Shane won two rings.

Joseph Kony
07-26-2015, 12:55 PM
3 straight season ending injuries...yeah he won't go gently, he will probably go in immense pain after he has another one this season

FuzzyLumpkins
07-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Kobe taking a 50% paycut would still be gold on any extension.

Reck
07-26-2015, 03:49 PM
He should put it on a billbord ala Howard and Nash.

"This is going to be awful fun"
http://d1warraxuf7xh1.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nashhowardSI.jpg

:lol

FkLA
07-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Fansided is fucking garbage. Somehow their articles always pop-up on my phone and I came across one that said the Spurs will miss Belli bc he is a solid defender.

BD24
07-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Fansided is fucking garbage. Somehow their articles always pop-up on my phone and I came across one that said the Spurs will miss Belli bc he is a solid defender.
Well in that case I am sure they will release an article soon saying how we will be ok now because we got Jimmer and he can replace Bellis solid defense.

Thread
07-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Kobe was stopped. He hasn't seen a playoff game in 3 years, going on 4. Meanwhile Shane won two rings.

Yeah, one of 'em your 1st 5th.

FkLA
07-26-2015, 09:47 PM
Well in that case I am sure they will release an article soon saying how we will be ok now because we got Jimmer and he can replace Bellis solid defense.

They mentioned Patty as a Belli 'replacement' then said Jimmer is another guy to keep an eye on. Straight up garbage website tbh.

DMC
07-27-2015, 06:43 AM
Yeah
Your capitulation is duly noted.

Thread
07-27-2015, 06:51 AM
Your capitulation is duly noted.

Mornin', Shits.