PDA

View Full Version : Pixels

Fabbs
07-27-2015, 12:24 AM
7.5 / 10
I liked it.
If you ever delved into those eras games, it helps.

This chick was a nice little side dish.
http://thumbnails107.imagebam.com/40810/1e7385408094615.jpg

Reck
07-27-2015, 12:32 AM
It's shitty.

Just like everything Adam Sandler is involved in.

HI-FI
07-27-2015, 01:02 AM
It's shitty.

What levels of Sandler shit are we talking, because I like Sandler even though he's made some crap.

i might see it this week.

redzero
07-27-2015, 01:04 AM
:lol at Fabbs liking tabloid trash and Adam Sandler abominations.

benefactor
07-27-2015, 06:18 AM
:lol at Fabbs liking tabloid trash and Adam Sandler abominations.
Beat me to it.:lol

DJR210
07-27-2015, 08:43 AM
What levels of Sandler shit are we talking, because I like Sandler even though he's made some crap.

Same.. I drew the line w/ Sandler when he came out w/ Grown Ups.. but Grandma's Boy is still the shit IMO

Fabbs
07-27-2015, 09:03 AM
It's shitty.

Yet here is you and beanerfvckter gaying up the board:
Reck
Dude's becoming like Dicaprio. Overlooked by the fags who decide who gets what awards.

Hell of an actor. Him and Leo are my dudes.

He really needed better writers for this film. It's pretty well directed by the script is incredibly...... He and Gyllenhaal really have good chemistry. They should do more stuff together.

:lol Whining about wanting more from the fags who gave Gyllenhaal an Oscar for farking Brokerback Mountain.
GTFO!

unleashbaynes
07-27-2015, 09:05 AM
It looks awful and I'm not surprised that OP's retarded ass loved it.

Fabbs
07-27-2015, 09:07 AM

Here is a review from the Last Movie You Saw thread:

I saw Pixels very, very early this morning. I give it a 6/10 because you didn't go in expecting to see something Oscar worthy, just something that would give you some cheap laughs like Ace Ventura and it delivered, though not as funny as the movie I just mentioned.

I wish someone had mentioned that it stole the concept for the movie from an episode of Futurama.

Caltex2
07-27-2015, 09:50 AM
^

Yep, I was just about to get to that again.

It's shitty.

Were you expecting to see the best film of the year? It's good for what it's supposed to be: a cheesy nostalgic ode to video games (and ripoff of an episode of Futurama I might add) as well as cheap entertainment.

CitizenDwayne
07-27-2015, 10:26 AM
Horrible movie.

Not quite Jack and Jill/Grown Ups 2/That's My Boy bad, but still a mess that completely wastes its unique premise on typical Sandler gags. Seems like it was written by someone with only a casual knowledge of old school gaming.

DarrinS
07-27-2015, 10:29 AM
It is what it is. You can see the premise in the trailer. What are people expecting?

Blake
07-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Lol anyone going to the movies to see this

Darth_Pelican
07-27-2015, 11:21 AM
18% at RT. Terrible. A dumb movie designed to make money off of dumb people.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pixels/

baseline bum
07-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Same.. I drew the line w/ Sandler when he came out w/ Grown Ups.. but Grandma's Boy is still the shit IMO

I wanna get chocolate wasted

JoeTait75
07-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Sandler has been on a long downward trajectory since Billy Madison, tbh. I guess Punch Drunk Love was okay, but that was more of a PT Anderson movie than a Sandler movie, imo.

timtonymanu
07-27-2015, 11:29 AM
This actually had the makings of a good movie but it's just overshadowed by Adam Sandler trash.

Caltex2
07-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Horrible movie.

Not quite Jack and Jill/Grown Ups 2/That's My Boy bad, but still a mess that completely wastes its unique premise on typical Sandler gags. Seems like it was written by someone with only a casual knowledge of old school gaming.

Like I said, though they may not say it probably for legal reasons, you can tell it was obviously completely based on one of the "Anthology of Interest" episode shorts of Futurama. Many of the same scenes of the episode are more or less copied verbatim. They just expanded it out over the course of an entire movie.

I enjoyed it because I knew it wasn't going to be anything special.

Fabbs
07-27-2015, 11:44 AM
18% at RT. Terrible. A dumb movie designed to make money off of dumb people.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pixels/
One of the finest movies ever made, Malibus Most Wanted only got 31% from Rotten Toms Critic faggots.
Zoolander, another epic Oscar snub only got 64%.

I take Rotten Toms with a grain of salt.

Blake
07-27-2015, 02:29 PM
One of the finest movies ever made, Malibus Most Wanted only got 31% from Rotten Toms Critic faggots.
Zoolander, another epic Oscar snub only got 64%.

I take Rotten Toms with a grain of salt.

64% is a fresh tomato, genius.

Malibu Most Wanted sucked ass so 31% sounds generous.

Fabbs
07-27-2015, 02:32 PM
64% is a fresh tomato, genius.

Malibu Most Wanted sucked ass so 31% sounds generous.
It means 34% found it rotten, genius.

Notice i said critic faggots so yes, you fit.

Blake
07-27-2015, 02:48 PM
It means 34% found it rotten, genius.

Lol 34% lol can't do math

It means the majority of critics liked it, fucking idiot.

Fabbs
07-27-2015, 02:54 PM
Lol 34% lol can't do math

It means the majority of critics liked it, fucking idiot.
34% - 36%, take a Midol if you're butthurt over 2%.

"A majority" liking one of the best movies ever made does not justify and thus negate a full 36% of faggots like you giving it a rotten.

Blake
07-27-2015, 02:57 PM
34% - 36%, take a Midol if you're butthurt over 2%.

"A majority" liking one of the best movies ever made does not justify and thus negate a full 36% of faggots like you giving it a rotten.

multi critic wants Oscar awards for zoolander. Noted that your expertise in critiquing movies completely blows.

I liked it but lol.

Fabbs
07-27-2015, 04:40 PM
^Yep, I was just about to get to that again.

Were you expecting to see the best film of the year? It's good for what it's supposed to be: a cheesy nostalgic ode to video games (and ripoff of an episode of Futurama I might add) as well as cheap entertainment.
This shot is from the prison scene, but how 'bout at the end when Eddie Plant aka Layser ____ saw he was going to get a sandwich? :rollin
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9qBRyPYF-0E/hqdefault.jpg

Caltex2
07-27-2015, 04:46 PM
An odd combo for certain.

mingus
07-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Sandler's a funny comedic actor, problem is he hasn't had a good screenplay to work with since The Wedding Singer. With as much money and connects he has in Hollywood you'd think he find and hire good writers.

I'll probably check it out though if I'm in the mood for a movie and nothing else is showing.

The Reckoning
07-27-2015, 07:39 PM
you'd have to realize that happy madison studios is one huge hilarious joke. i admire sandler for what he's done being able to make so much money off such shitty movies :lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Madison_Productions

Just go down the list and read every single movie gross box office and then critical reception. it's fucking hilarious how much critics hate sandler. i honestly think it inspires him to keep cranking out these kind of movies as a joke unto itself.

Reck
07-27-2015, 07:58 PM

I didn't finish it.

I went to see Southpaw and snuck into pixel on my way out because a friend wanted to see what it was about. We only stayed for like 15 minutes before we walked out. It seem like trash to me. It had that desperate acting Sandler is always displaying.

Pretty bad miscast of actors imo, as well. You have a handful of straight up actors who are not known for comedy trying to act and be funny. Cringe worthy stuff.

That's what I came up in the 15 minutes I watched, however. :lol

benefactor
07-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Yet here is you and beanerfvckter gaying up the board:
Reck

:lol Whining about wanting more from the fags who gave Gyllenhaal an Oscar for farking Brokerback Mountain.
GTFO!
What are you talking about you dumb bastard? Gyllenhaal can actually act...think Donnie Darko, Zodiac, End of Watch and Nightcrawler. Compare those to shitbaths like Little Nicky, Grown Ups, You Don't Mess With The Zohan and Jack and Jill.:lol

Go stroke your pussy to another Kim K news flash you gossip loving faggot.

Fabbs
07-27-2015, 08:18 PM
An odd combo for certain.
Did you find this guys character the writing to be.....wth was that?
http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Josh-Gad-Frozen-Premieres-Hollywood-Part-2-GqZd1pTEk_El.jpg
not funny and just strange/dumb in many parts.
I get the part where he was govt conspiracy theory geek etc, that fit. However...
Example when he *dressed down* the military guys. Wth was that?

~O~
07-27-2015, 08:29 PM
http://s20.postimg.org/70j8guve5/Capture.png

Eh....

Reck
07-27-2015, 08:37 PM
What are you talking about you dumb bastard? Gyllenhaal can actually act...think Donnie Darko, Zodiac, End of Watch and Nightcrawler. Compare those to shitbaths like Little Nicky, Grown Ups, You Don't Mess With The Zohan and Jack and Jill.:lol

Go stroke your pussy to another Kim K news flash you gossip loving faggot.

:lol

Fabbs is such a media, tabloid following fag. He's the type to follow along everything's on TMZ and MediaTakeOut and follow it as gospel.

Bet he thought Twilight was the shit, too. :lmao

Chomper
07-27-2015, 09:17 PM
Some paid critic reviews on RT for this movie:

July 22, 2015
"A middle finger aimed right at the audience."

"What a Lazy-Ass fucking movie."

"Jesus, save your quarter."

CitizenDwayne
07-27-2015, 09:20 PM
you'd have to realize that happy madison studios is one huge hilarious joke. i admire sandler for what he's done being able to make so much money off such shitty movies :lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Madison_Productions

Just go down the list and read every single movie gross box office and then critical reception. it's fucking hilarious how much critics hate sandler. i honestly think it inspires him to keep cranking out these kind of movies as a joke unto itself.

You're giving him way too much credit. He's just a hack that's past his (incredibly brief) prime). And his prime wasn't even all that great

200 miles
07-27-2015, 10:00 PM
Just watching the trailer was a terrible ordeal.

The lone bright spot out of all that wreckage was getting me to look forward to the Spielberg-directed Ready Player One. If anyone has read the book, you know what I'm talking about.

HI-FI
07-27-2015, 10:10 PM
I didn't finish it.

I went to see Southpaw and snuck into pixel on my way out because a friend wanted to see what it was about. We only stayed for like 15 minutes before we walked out. It seem like trash to me. It had that desperate acting Sandler is always displaying.

Pretty bad miscast of actors imo, as well. You have a handful of straight up actors who are not known for comedy trying to act and be funny. Cringe worthy stuff.

That's what I came up in the 15 minutes I watched, however. :lol
damn that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing this and Terminator Genesys but both have been bukakked by reviews. Still, I might see this shit.

Grown Ups looked so bad but I heard part 2 is one of the worst films ever.
Happy Gilmore & Wedding Singer are two of my favorite films from the 90s. Punch Drunk Love is my favorite film from Paul Thomas Anderson.
Grandma's Boy is another film I'll defend til the end. shit I even like Little Nicky and Zohan, especially Zohan, but there is no doubt that Sandler's crap is piling up at this point.

CitizenDwayne
07-27-2015, 10:37 PM

Grown Ups is Citizen Kane compared to Grown Ups 2. I would actually recommend the sequel as first date viewing; if the girl laughs frequently, kick that ass to the curb.

HI-FI
07-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Grown Ups is Citizen Kane compared to Grown Ups 2. I would actually recommend the sequel as first date viewing; if the girl laughs frequently, kick that ass to the curb.
i'll have to remember that. I knew as soon as Nick Swardson was brought in to replace Schneider as his brother because of Schneider's salary dispute that it was going to be the laziest movie possible.

Infinite_limit
07-27-2015, 10:45 PM
Like I said, though they may not say it probably for legal reasons, you can tell it was obviously completely based on one of the "Anthology of Interest" episode shorts of Futurama. Many of the same scenes of the episode are more or less copied verbatim. They just expanded it out over the course of an entire movie.

I enjoyed it because I knew it wasn't going to be anything special.
Inspiring life you lead

The Reckoning
07-27-2015, 10:51 PM
Did you find this guys character the writing to be.....wth was that?
http://www.nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Josh-Gad-Frozen-Premieres-Hollywood-Part-2-GqZd1pTEk_El.jpg
not funny and just strange/dumb in many parts.
I get the part where he was govt conspiracy theory geek etc, that fit. However...
Example when he *dressed down* the military guys. Wth was that?

it's fat jeff goldblum

Adam Lambert
07-27-2015, 10:58 PM
damn that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing this and Terminator Genesys

i'll have to remember that. I knew as soon as Nick Swardson was brought in to replace Schneider as his brother because of Schneider's salary dispute that it was going to be the laziest movie possible.

you gotta be fucking kidding me, do you know how many amazing things this world has to offer, what the fuck are you doing wasting your time with this shit?

there's no way you can go to bed feeling like an accomplished person if you've ever uttered the sentence "i was looking forward to pixels" or are able to compare and contrast the two grownups movies

Infinite_limit
07-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Sandler's "typical American male" role irks me the wrong way. Chubby single father with track suit/basketball shoes. I know it resonates with many 40 year old males but it makes me feel cheapened. Like he goes out to see how shitty of a film he can get away with and I'm the test dummy.

DJR210
07-27-2015, 11:28 PM
:lol Sandler

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/adam-sandler-5-reasons-he%E2%80%99s-no-longer-a-movie-star/ar-AAdzcrD

Reck
07-27-2015, 11:58 PM
"The actor-comedian recently signed a deal with Netflix, which had the potential to launch a new chapter for the funnyman."

Great, he's going to fag up my Netflix experience now?

redzero
07-28-2015, 03:21 AM

That's sigworthy.

Caltex2
07-28-2015, 12:32 PM
damn that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing this and Terminator Genesys but both have been bukakked by reviews. Still, I might see this shit.

Happy Gilmore & Wedding Singer are two of my favorite films from the 90s. Punch Drunk Love is my favorite film from Paul Thomas Anderson.
Grandma's Boy is another film I'll defend til the end. shit I even like Little Nicky and Zohan, especially Zohan, but there is no doubt that Sandler's crap is piling up at this point.

TG wasn't so bad except for changing of the timeline, which utter befuddles the plot.

Inspiring life you lead

As opposed to Jurassic World, which people loved just because of the franchise it's attached to. As I said in another thread, that could have been branded as a SyFy original movie and no one would have cared or batted an eye.

I knew Pixels wasn't going to be great, which is why I just sat back and had fun and watched with zero expectations of anything good.

703 Spurz
07-28-2015, 02:33 PM
"The actor-comedian recently signed a deal with Netflix, which had the potential to launch a new chapter for the funnyman."

Great, he's going to fag up my Netflix experience now?

You're aware you can choose to not watch yes?

LaMarcus Bryant
07-28-2015, 04:07 PM
This is a hilarious review :lol

BFD2293oGvA
https://youtu.be/BFD2293oGvA

Fabbs
07-28-2015, 04:50 PM
TG wasn't so bad except for changing of the timeline, which utter befuddles the plot.

As opposed to Jurassic World, which people loved just because of the franchise it's attached to. As I said in another thread, that could have been branded as a SyFy original movie and no one would have cared or batted an eye.

I knew Pixels wasn't going to be great, which is why I just sat back and had fun and watched with zero expectations of anything good.
No no. We should have spent the time surfing SpursTalk.

Fabbs
07-28-2015, 04:51 PM

Fabbs
07-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Movie Bob: "I can use swear wordeses."
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2030953377/5C41FBFA1.jpg

Caltex2
07-28-2015, 05:41 PM
No no. We should have spent the time surfing SpursTalk.

My God relax, all I'm saying is that I went in to have fun, just checking it out to check it out.

timtonymanu
07-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Grandma's Boy is the shit.

Helps that Sandler isn't in that movie though.

07-28-2015, 06:22 PM
:lol Faggs

timtonymanu
07-28-2015, 06:25 PM
it's fat jeff goldblum

Jonah Hill's unfunny twin

Reck
07-28-2015, 06:31 PM

You dont say guy, OH MAH GOD

Infinite_limit
07-28-2015, 06:49 PM
This is a hilarious review :lol

BFD2293oGvA
https://youtu.be/BFD2293oGvA
Epic

serious review starts @ 1:55

Fabbs
07-28-2015, 08:14 PM
My God relax, all I'm saying is that I went in to have fun, just checking it out to check it out.
Do you know what blue font means?

Caltex2
07-29-2015, 03:01 PM
No, I don't, I hadn't been on ST for years until 2 months ago. Explain...

Reck
07-29-2015, 06:36 PM
No, I don't, I hadn't been on ST for years until 2 months ago. Explain...

It means Fabbs will suck your dick for free.

Fabbs
08-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Gyllenhaal can actually act...
After you and Reck have stroked each others burritos while watching Jake in BrokerBack, try watching October Sky.

Reck
08-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Fabbs cant even give a mention without fucking it up. :lol

:lol bolding the name and thinking it will work like magic. :lol