PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at Tiffany's - Movie Review

SpursforSix
07-27-2015, 10:52 AM
My kid wanted to watch this of all things. I hadn't seen it so thought I'd give it a shot.

I guess it was OK.

Audrey Hepburn was captivating.

6/10

Blake
07-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Maybe the most overrated film of the last fifty plus years imo. The camera loved Audrey but the movie itself was boring as fuck.

5/10 imo

Thread
07-27-2015, 11:36 AM
Maybe the most overrated film of the last fifty plus years imo. The camera loved Audrey but the movie itself was boring as fuck.

5/10 imo

The plain truth.

She was & continues to be a Media darling. I was struck by only two of her films,,,"Wait Until Dark" & "Robin and Marian" were consecutive 10 years apart with mainstream content, easily identified, no tricks. Both films are unforgettable for different reasons, and are fine films. She is generous in each film allowing the man in each film, Alan Arkin in the former & Sean Connery in the latter to drive each film to something beyond special.

mrsmaalox
07-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Feel the same as you guys about it. Moon River is lovely. I've just never gotten the Audrey Hepburn thing.

SpursforSix
07-27-2015, 12:07 PM
Feel the same as you guys about it. Moon River is lovely. I've just never gotten the Audrey Hepburn thing.

IDK. When I see a picture of her, I don't think much about it. Obviously a pretty woman. But something about her when she's on film...
Moon River...the variations on a theme wore me out by the end.

mrsmaalox
07-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Oh and don't me started on Mickey Rooney ....the worst part of that role was not even the overt racism but the horrible acting :lol. He was just plain absurd.

The Gemini Method
07-27-2015, 12:17 PM
I said...what about Breakfast at Tiffany's

Thread
07-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Oh and don't me started on Mickey Rooney ....the worst part of that role was not even the overt racism but the horrible acting :lol. He was just plain absurd.

Horseshit. Nobody said a fuckin' word about that scene till the production of "Dragon" condemned it in film 30 years after the fact.

Thread
07-27-2015, 12:31 PM
I said...what about Breakfast at Tiffany's

Absolutely, Gem.

SpursforSix
07-27-2015, 12:34 PM

oh yeah...holy shit that was funny. I kept thinking about the backlash if they did this in a film today.

SpursforSix
07-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Horseshit. Nobody said a fuckin' word about that scene till the production of "Dragon" condemned it in film 30 years after the fact.

LOL. Yeah...nothing wrong here.

DC5RtcypOqE

SpursforSix
07-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Absolutely, Gem.

One hit wonder. But I can still sing it today.

mrsmaalox
07-27-2015, 12:38 PM

Fine but I'm talking about his work, not the role. I've never been interested in Mickey Rooney, I've probably seen him in this and in one of the Judy Garland films so my knowledge of his work is very limited. Would you say then that this is a good performance from him?

Thread
07-27-2015, 12:41 PM
LOL. Yeah...nothing wrong here.

DC5RtcypOqE

It was so wrong it took over 30 years to cite it.

Thread
07-27-2015, 12:51 PM
Fine but I'm talking about his work, not the role. I've never been interested in Mickey Rooney, I've probably seen him in this and in one of the Judy Garland films so my knowledge of his work is very limited. Would you say then that this is a good performance from him?

No, it's a mistake by him and the production. The whole gd scene doesn't belong in that film.

Here he is,,,at prime,,,Garland comes on, but, it's all Rooney on drums-xylophone-drums.

djB7W2vh-Yk

Thread
07-27-2015, 12:59 PM
One hit wonder. But I can still sing it today.

Jackie-O's version is the best.

It's long at over 7 minutes but THIS ONE is the only one for me...

fs34WdZ8Ajw

SpursforSix
07-27-2015, 01:17 PM
I used to watch Blondie when I was little and thought it was the bees knees.

What reminded me of this is that I also used to watch Andy Hardy, my introduction to Micky Rooney and a funny show for a little kid.

In his older years, he kind of freaks me out for some reason.

And the obvious choice for the landlord was Jerry Lewis.

Thread
07-27-2015, 01:41 PM
I used to watch Blondie when I was little and thought it was the bees knees.

What reminded me of this is that I also used to watch Andy Hardy, my introduction to Micky Rooney and a funny show for a little kid.

In his older years, he kind of freaks me out for some reason.

And the obvious choice for the landlord was Jerry Lewis.

Me too on the "Blondie," but, it just has not held up.

"Andy Hardy"---absolutely--- and it has held up.

He (Rooney) reportedly was a hard man to work with and it held him back a bit as the years rolled on. I recall a "The Fugitive" from the '60's that he did that was really excellent. And then "Requiem for a Heavyweight" where he was more than serviceable. And then in the '70's he did a character called "Bill" where he was slightly retarded. I believe there was the original, then a sequel type product.

cantthinkofanything
07-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Me too on the "Blondie," but, it just has not held up.

"Andy Hardy"---absolutely--- and it has held up.

He (Rooney) reportedly was a hard man to work with and it held him back a bit as the years rolled on. I recall a "The Fugitive" from the '60's that he did that was really excellent. And then "Requiem for a Heavyweight" where he was more than serviceable. And then in the '70's he did a character called "Bill" where he was slightly retarded. I believe there was the original, then a sequel type product.

yeah...Bill...I've seen it more than once. Had Helen Hunt in it or the other one that always reminded me of her. Heartwarming movie. If it wasn't made for TV, it had that feel. Of course, it was exactly how a teenager would imitate a retarded person.

cantthinkofanything
07-27-2015, 02:32 PM
Ah...confirmation that I saw both of them. Bill on His Own had Helen Hunt. The first one, Bill, did not.

Pick of Destiny
07-27-2015, 05:27 PM
A classic. Maybe some nudity, profanity and a few car chases would work some of you?

cantthinkofanything
07-27-2015, 08:53 PM
A classic. Maybe some nudity, profanity and a few car chases would work some of you?

Yes. A naked Buddy Ebson could have saved this one.

Silver&Black
07-27-2015, 11:01 PM
And I said, "What about Breakfast at Tiffany's"?

She said, "I think I remember the film."

And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it.

And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got."

Thread
07-27-2015, 11:17 PM
"I hate it when things are over. So much is left undone."

Silver&Black
07-28-2015, 12:02 AM
"I hate it when things are over. So much is left undone."

Thread

SpursforSix
07-28-2015, 09:38 AM
And I said, "What about Breakfast at Tiffany's"?

She said, "I think I remember the film."

And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it.

And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got."

We already did this. You're late.

Silver&Black
07-28-2015, 01:12 PM
We already did this. You're late.

Are you cantthinkofanything?

SpursforSix
07-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Are you cantthinkofanything?

what's it to you?

Silver&Black
07-28-2015, 01:28 PM
what's it to you?

You know why I'm asking. And I'll take that answer as a "Yes".

I guess I will still only have one person on my ignore list. Your main (:lol Pinked) and your troll.

SpursforSix
07-28-2015, 01:41 PM
You know why I'm asking. And I'll take that answer as a "Yes".

I guess I will still only have one person on my ignore list. Your main (:lol Pinked) and your troll.

I don't know what you're talking about. But if you're ignoring that poster called, "cantthinkofanything", you're missing out on some informative posts and hard hitting opinions on events that shape our daily lives.

Silver&Black
07-28-2015, 01:44 PM
^
http://i.imgur.com/b0b43On.png

SpursforSix
07-28-2015, 01:45 PM
^

I guess I'll have to contact you through your mother.

wontstartdumbthreads
07-28-2015, 01:46 PM
^

he says he'll contact you through your mom

Silver&Black
07-28-2015, 01:48 PM
:lol Brining out all his trolls now

Thanks...need to add wontstartdumbthreads now.

SpursforSix
07-28-2015, 01:58 PM
:lol Brining out all his trolls now

Thanks...need to add wontstartdumbthreads now.

You're basically calling up your TV provider and telling them you want to cancel ESPN, HBO, AMC, and all of the news channels.

Silver&Black
07-28-2015, 04:42 PM
^

SpursforSix
07-28-2015, 04:46 PM
^

Avante would say you're leg humping.

Silver&Black
07-28-2015, 04:47 PM
^

Stop quoting me faggot.

SpursforSix
07-28-2015, 04:52 PM
^

Stop quoting me faggot.

who gives a fuck.

DarrinS
07-28-2015, 07:07 PM

Indeed

http://youtu.be/zFeNLEnV8r4

Thread
07-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Thread

"You'll say the world has come between us. Our lives have come between us. But, I know you just don't care."

Silver&Black
07-28-2015, 09:35 PM
"You'll say the world has come between us. Our lives have come between us. But, I know you just don't care."

Thread