PDA

View Full Version : American Dentist paid $55,000 to kill lion

InRareForm
07-28-2015, 08:04 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/07/28/american-dentist-says-he-regrets-killing-cecil-the-lion-believed-zimbabwe-hunt-was-legal/

Medvedenko
07-28-2015, 08:51 PM
The question, how much would you pay to kill a human....

Pauly D
07-28-2015, 09:09 PM
The question, how much would you pay to kill a human....

Whooooaaaa, maaaan, deep!

DMC
07-28-2015, 09:53 PM
Whooooaaaa, maaaan, deep!
That's what you said to me last night.

m>s
07-28-2015, 10:02 PM
Absolutely no reason to hunt exotic animals IMHO

apalisoc_9
07-28-2015, 10:05 PM
disgusting.

Wouldn't be surprised if the killer was White.

Terrorizing the animals of Africa..SMDH.

m>s
07-28-2015, 10:12 PM
disgusting.

Wouldn't be surprised if the killer was White.

Terrorizing the animals of Africa..SMDH.

you rayciss, they're African people not animals :nope

Reck
07-28-2015, 10:15 PM

:lmao

apalisoc_9
07-28-2015, 10:40 PM
you rayciss, they're African people not animals :nope

:lol

I was just trying to get into your skin

JohnnyMarzetti
07-28-2015, 11:39 PM
Absolutely no reason to hunt exotic animals IMHO

Man is superior so tough shit. Isn't that your motto?

spurraider21
07-29-2015, 12:15 AM
you penetrate males on your off time? be wary of aids

2pac > Kobe
07-29-2015, 03:17 AM
fucking white people man

Pauly D
07-29-2015, 03:37 AM
fucking white people man

His fucking guides are the ones to blame and I wouldn't doubt it if they were black. The blacks are the ones getting his money though, that we k iw for sure

JoeChalupa
07-29-2015, 05:49 AM
The thrill of the kill escapes me.

DMC
07-29-2015, 07:37 AM
you penetrate males on your off time? be wary of aids
Is that what happened to you?

m>s
07-29-2015, 07:53 AM
fucking white people man
I remember a nog shooting a bald eagle

Biernutz
07-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Why did he have to go to Africa? You can hunt just about any exotic game animal you
want on a game ranch in North America....and it's legal......

spurraider21
07-29-2015, 11:14 AM
Is that what happened to you?
no

Tree hugger
07-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Why did he have to go to Africa? You can hunt just about any exotic game animal you
want on a game ranch in North America....and it's legal......

Legal don't make it right. :cry

unleashbaynes
07-29-2015, 01:18 PM
This isn't hunting. This is the equivalent of buying a dog, tying it up, and shooting it. Fucking faggot.

Pauly D
07-29-2015, 03:07 PM
A lot of ignorant faggots talking out of their asses in here and everywhere else on the internet lately

8A1D-f_meFY

BUT..BUT..I'M TOLD TO BE SAD BY PEOPLE LIKE RICKY GERVAIS!!! MY EMOTIONS ARE STRONGER THAN FACTS!!!

CavsSuperFan
07-29-2015, 03:10 PM
Jimmy Kimmel weighs in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LzXpE1mjqA

Biernutz
07-29-2015, 04:30 PM
Jimmy Kimmel weighs in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LzXpE1mjqA

Crocodile tears

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Joe Rogan, Jimmy Kimmel, can someone ask Kanye what he thinks too?

Pauly D
07-29-2015, 06:43 PM
Joe Rogan, Jimmy Kimmel, can someone ask Kanye what he thinks too?

Or maybe someone who's an expert in the matter like the guy in Joe Rogan's podcast? Fucking idiot

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Or maybe someone who's an expert in the matter like the guy in Joe Rogan's podcast? Fucking idiot

I'm not watching a 2 and a half hour video posted by you, just like I don't watch Cosmored's crap either.

redzero
07-30-2015, 03:31 AM
What I don't like is that the guy apologized for killing that lion instead of a lion. He's an asshole.

Pauly D
07-30-2015, 11:43 AM
What's inherently wrong with killing a lion again?

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 11:48 AM

nothing inherently wrong but depends greatly on the circumstances

Pauly D
07-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Right, and although this one may have been lured illegally it's usually done for conservation

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Right, and although this one may have been lured illegally it's usually done for conservation

Ok. I really don't know why this shit is front page worthy anyway. I quit following yesterday but it's hard to imagine this doesn't fall squarely on the guide. Seems like media is looking for another reason to hate a successful white person.

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Ok. I really don't know why this shit is front page worthy anyway. I quit following yesterday but it's hard to imagine this doesn't fall squarely on the guide. Seems like media is looking for another reason to hate a successful white person.

Nah man, it's the second time he has been involved with poaching. I don't buy the "ooops" defense twice.

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 01:23 PM
Nah man, it's the second time he has been involved with poaching. I don't buy the "ooops" defense twice.

I haven't see the details on everything but seemed like he lied once before. He's been on lots of hunts I'm assuming. I don't know that the one known violation condemns him on this one.

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 01:27 PM
I haven't see the details on everything but seemed like he lied once before. He's been on lots of hunts I'm assuming. I don't know that the one known violation condemns him on this one.

I wonder how many more times he has poached when he has been caught doing it twice now.

TheSanityAnnex
07-30-2015, 01:28 PM
Since that faggot Splits created a thread about this and then ran away after getting a beat down from me I'll repost this article here. The legal big game hunts help conservation efforts more than any other factor. Big game populations are actually on the rise because of the private land opened up for hunting. You don't have to agree with the hunts but it's hard to argue the benefits.

http://conservationmagazine.org/2014...-conservation/ (http://conservationmagazine.org/2014/01/can-trophy-hunting-reconciled-conservation/)

Can trophy hunting ever be a useful tool in the conservationist’s toolbox? On the surface, the answer would appear obvious. It seems as if the killing of an animal – especially an endangered one – for sport is directly contradictory to the goal of ensuring the survival of a species. The question has been asked again following the auction last Saturday night of the right to hunt an endangered black rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis) in Namibia. And the answer, as usual, is more complicated.
The permit was sold for $350,000, well above the previous high bid for a permit in that country, $223,000. While the Dallas Safari Club had the dubious distinction of being the first organization to hold such an auction outside of Namibia itself, it’s fairly unremarkable and actually quite common for an African nation to sell permits for trophy hunting, even for endangered species. Indeed, both Namibia and South Africa are legally permitted (http://www.cites.org/eng/res/13/13-05R14C15.php) by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) to sell five permits for the hunting of adult male black rhinos each year.
And it’s not just rhinos. For example, a 2000 report from TRAFFIC (http://www.traffic.org/general-reports/traffic_pub_gen8.pdf), an organization that works with the WWF, IUCN, and CITES to track the international trade of wildlife, describes how Namibia alone was the site of almost 16,000 trophy hunts that year. Those 16,000 animals represent a wide variety of species – birds, reptiles, mammals, and even primates – both endangered and not. They include four of the so-called “big five” popular African game: lion, Cape buffalo, leopard, and rhinoceros. (Only the elephant was missing.) The hunters brought eleven million US dollars with them to spend in the Namibian economy. And that doesn’t include revenue from non-trophy recreational hunting activities, which are limited to four species classified as of “least concern” by the IUCN: Greater Kudu, Gemsbok, Springbok and Warthog.
The issues here are complex and highly politicized. There are several questions that science can’t help address, primary of which is whether or not the money raised from the sale of hunting permits is used for conservation, something often promised (https://www.facebook.com/DallasSafariClub/posts/620656804679231) by hunting tour operators. But empirical research can help to elucidate several other questions, such as whether hunting can ever help drive conservation efforts.
In 2006, researcher Peter A. Lindsey of Kenya’s Mpala Research Centre (http://www.mpala.org/) and colleagues interviewed 150 people who either had already hunted in Africa, or who planned to do so within the following three years. Their findings were published in the journal Animal Conservation. A majority of hunters – eighty-six percent! – told the researchers they preferred hunting in an area where they knew that a portion of the proceeds went back into local communities. Nearly half of the hunters they interviewed also indicated that they’d be willing to pay an equivalent price for a poorer trophy if it was a problem animal that would have had to be killed anyway.
Lindsey’s team also discovered that hunters were more sensitive to conservation concerns than was perhaps expected. For example, they were less willing to hunt in areas where wild dogs or cheetahs are illegally shot, in countries that intentionally surpass their quotas, or with operators who practice “put-and-take hunting,” which is where trophy animals are released onto a fenced-in property just before a hunt. Together this suggests that hunters were willing to place economic pressure on countries and tour companies to operate in as ethical a manner as possible. Approximately nine out of every ten hunters said they’d be willing to hunt in places that were poor for wildlife viewing or which lacked attractive scenery. That is, they said that they were willing to hunt in areas that would not have otherwise been able to reap an economic benefit from ecotourism.
It’s encouraging that trophy hunters seem willing to take conservation-related issues into consideration when choosing a tour operator, but it is possible that they were simply providing the researchers with the answers that would cast them in the best light. That’s a typical concern for assessments that rely on self-report. Better evidence would come from proof that hunting can be consistent with actual, measurable conservation-related benefits for a species.
Is there such evidence? According to a 2005 paper by Nigel Leader-Williams and colleagues in the Journal of International Wildlife Law and Policy the answer is yes. Leader-Williams describes how the legalization of white rhinoceros hunting in South Africa motivated private landowners to reintroduce the species onto their lands. As a result, the country saw an increase in white rhinos from fewer than one hundred individuals to more than 11,000, even while a limited number were killed as trophies.
In a 2011 letter to Science magazine, Leader-Williams also pointed out that the implementation of controlled, legalized hunting was also beneficial for Zimbabwe’s elephants. “Implementing trophy hunting has doubled the area of the country under wildlife management relative to the 13% in state protected areas,” thanks to the inclusion of private lands, he says. “As a result, the area of suitable land available to elephants and other wildlife has increased, reversing the problem of habitat loss and helping to maintain a sustained population increase in Zimbabwe’s already large elephant population.” It is important to note, however, that the removal of mature elephant males can have other, detrimental consequences (http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20121211-animals-that-seek-teenage-kicks) on the psychological development of younger males. And rhinos and elephants are very different animals, with different needs and behaviors.
Still, the elephants of Zimbabwe and the white rhinos of South Africa seem to suggest that it is possible for conservation and trophy hunting to coexist, at least in principle. It is indeed a tricky, but not impossible, balance to strike.
It is noteworthy that the Leader-Williams’ 2005 paper recommended that legal trophy hunting for black rhinos be focused mainly on older, non-breeding males, or on younger males who have already contributed sufficient genetic material to their breeding groups. They further suggested that revenues from the sale of permits be reinvested into conservation efforts, and that revenues could be maximized by selling permits through international auctions. Namibia’s own hunting policy, it turns out, is remarkably consistent with scientific recommendations.
Even so, some have expressed concern regarding what the larger message of sanctioned trophy hunts might be. Could the possible negative consequences from a PR perspective outweigh the possible benefits from hunting? Can the message that an auction for the hunting of an endangered species like the black rhino brings possibly be reconciled with the competing message that the species requires saving? This question is probably not one that science can adequately address.
However, it might just be worth having a quick look at some numbers. 745 rhinos were killed due to illegal poaching in 2012 in Africa, which amounts to approximately two rhinos each day, mostly for their horns. In South Africa alone, 461 rhinos were killed in just the first half of 2013. Rhino horns are valued for their medicinal uses and for their supposed cancer-curing powers. Of course, rhino horns have no pharmacological value at all, making their harvest even more tragic. The five non-breeding rhinos that Namibia allows to be hunted each year seem paltry in comparison, especially since they are older males who can no longer contribute to population growth.
I don’t understand the desire to kill a magnificent animal for sport, even if the individual is an older non-breeding male. The sale of the right to kill an animal for a trophy surely reflects the value that animal lives hold in at least some corners of our society: that killing an animal for fun isn’t wrong, as long as you can afford it. It is right to worry about the sort of message that sends.
But if an endangered species as charismatic as the black rhinoceros is under such extreme threat from poaching (http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/extinction-countdown/2013/07/12/rhino-horn-south-africa-legalized/), then perhaps the message that the species needs saving has a larger problem to address than the relatively limited loss of animals to wealthy hunters. The real tragedy here is that the one rhino that will be killed as a result of Saturday’s auction has received a disproportionate amount of media attention compared to the hundreds of rhinos lost to poaching each year, which remain largely invisible. And while there remains at least a possibility that sanctioned trophy hunts can benefit the black rhino as they have for the white rhino, there is only one possible consequence of continued poaching. It’s one that conservationists and hunters alike will lament. – Jason G. Goldman | 15 January 2014

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Since that faggot Splits created a thread about this and then ran away after getting a beat down from me I'll repost this article here. The legal big game hunts help conservation efforts more than any other factor. Big game populations are actually on the rise because of the private land opened up for hunting. You don't have to agree with the hunts but it's hard to argue the benefits.

http://conservationmagazine.org/2014...-conservation/ (http://conservationmagazine.org/2014/01/can-trophy-hunting-reconciled-conservation/)

Can trophy hunting ever be a useful tool in the conservationist’s toolbox? On the surface, the answer would appear obvious. It seems as if the killing of an animal – especially an endangered one – for sport is directly contradictory to the goal of ensuring the survival of a species. The question has been asked again following the auction last Saturday night of the right to hunt an endangered black rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis) in Namibia. And the answer, as usual, is more complicated.
The permit was sold for $350,000, well above the previous high bid for a permit in that country, $223,000. While the Dallas Safari Club had the dubious distinction of being the first organization to hold such an auction outside of Namibia itself, it’s fairly unremarkable and actually quite common for an African nation to sell permits for trophy hunting, even for endangered species. Indeed, both Namibia and South Africa are legally permitted (http://www.cites.org/eng/res/13/13-05R14C15.php) by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) to sell five permits for the hunting of adult male black rhinos each year.
And it’s not just rhinos. For example, a 2000 report from TRAFFIC (http://www.traffic.org/general-reports/traffic_pub_gen8.pdf), an organization that works with the WWF, IUCN, and CITES to track the international trade of wildlife, describes how Namibia alone was the site of almost 16,000 trophy hunts that year. Those 16,000 animals represent a wide variety of species – birds, reptiles, mammals, and even primates – both endangered and not. They include four of the so-called “big five” popular African game: lion, Cape buffalo, leopard, and rhinoceros. (Only the elephant was missing.) The hunters brought eleven million US dollars with them to spend in the Namibian economy. And that doesn’t include revenue from non-trophy recreational hunting activities, which are limited to four species classified as of “least concern” by the IUCN: Greater Kudu, Gemsbok, Springbok and Warthog.
The issues here are complex and highly politicized. There are several questions that science can’t help address, primary of which is whether or not the money raised from the sale of hunting permits is used for conservation, something often promised (https://www.facebook.com/DallasSafariClub/posts/620656804679231) by hunting tour operators. But empirical research can help to elucidate several other questions, such as whether hunting can ever help drive conservation efforts.
In 2006, researcher Peter A. Lindsey of Kenya’s Mpala Research Centre (http://www.mpala.org/) and colleagues interviewed 150 people who either had already hunted in Africa, or who planned to do so within the following three years. Their findings were published in the journal Animal Conservation. A majority of hunters – eighty-six percent! – told the researchers they preferred hunting in an area where they knew that a portion of the proceeds went back into local communities. Nearly half of the hunters they interviewed also indicated that they’d be willing to pay an equivalent price for a poorer trophy if it was a problem animal that would have had to be killed anyway.
Lindsey’s team also discovered that hunters were more sensitive to conservation concerns than was perhaps expected. For example, they were less willing to hunt in areas where wild dogs or cheetahs are illegally shot, in countries that intentionally surpass their quotas, or with operators who practice “put-and-take hunting,” which is where trophy animals are released onto a fenced-in property just before a hunt. Together this suggests that hunters were willing to place economic pressure on countries and tour companies to operate in as ethical a manner as possible. Approximately nine out of every ten hunters said they’d be willing to hunt in places that were poor for wildlife viewing or which lacked attractive scenery. That is, they said that they were willing to hunt in areas that would not have otherwise been able to reap an economic benefit from ecotourism.
It’s encouraging that trophy hunters seem willing to take conservation-related issues into consideration when choosing a tour operator, but it is possible that they were simply providing the researchers with the answers that would cast them in the best light. That’s a typical concern for assessments that rely on self-report. Better evidence would come from proof that hunting can be consistent with actual, measurable conservation-related benefits for a species.
Is there such evidence? According to a 2005 paper by Nigel Leader-Williams and colleagues in the Journal of International Wildlife Law and Policy the answer is yes. Leader-Williams describes how the legalization of white rhinoceros hunting in South Africa motivated private landowners to reintroduce the species onto their lands. As a result, the country saw an increase in white rhinos from fewer than one hundred individuals to more than 11,000, even while a limited number were killed as trophies.
In a 2011 letter to Science magazine, Leader-Williams also pointed out that the implementation of controlled, legalized hunting was also beneficial for Zimbabwe’s elephants. “Implementing trophy hunting has doubled the area of the country under wildlife management relative to the 13% in state protected areas,” thanks to the inclusion of private lands, he says. “As a result, the area of suitable land available to elephants and other wildlife has increased, reversing the problem of habitat loss and helping to maintain a sustained population increase in Zimbabwe’s already large elephant population.” It is important to note, however, that the removal of mature elephant males can have other, detrimental consequences (http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20121211-animals-that-seek-teenage-kicks) on the psychological development of younger males. And rhinos and elephants are very different animals, with different needs and behaviors.
Still, the elephants of Zimbabwe and the white rhinos of South Africa seem to suggest that it is possible for conservation and trophy hunting to coexist, at least in principle. It is indeed a tricky, but not impossible, balance to strike.
It is noteworthy that the Leader-Williams’ 2005 paper recommended that legal trophy hunting for black rhinos be focused mainly on older, non-breeding males, or on younger males who have already contributed sufficient genetic material to their breeding groups. They further suggested that revenues from the sale of permits be reinvested into conservation efforts, and that revenues could be maximized by selling permits through international auctions. Namibia’s own hunting policy, it turns out, is remarkably consistent with scientific recommendations.
Even so, some have expressed concern regarding what the larger message of sanctioned trophy hunts might be. Could the possible negative consequences from a PR perspective outweigh the possible benefits from hunting? Can the message that an auction for the hunting of an endangered species like the black rhino brings possibly be reconciled with the competing message that the species requires saving? This question is probably not one that science can adequately address.
However, it might just be worth having a quick look at some numbers. 745 rhinos were killed due to illegal poaching in 2012 in Africa, which amounts to approximately two rhinos each day, mostly for their horns. In South Africa alone, 461 rhinos were killed in just the first half of 2013. Rhino horns are valued for their medicinal uses and for their supposed cancer-curing powers. Of course, rhino horns have no pharmacological value at all, making their harvest even more tragic. The five non-breeding rhinos that Namibia allows to be hunted each year seem paltry in comparison, especially since they are older males who can no longer contribute to population growth.
I don’t understand the desire to kill a magnificent animal for sport, even if the individual is an older non-breeding male. The sale of the right to kill an animal for a trophy surely reflects the value that animal lives hold in at least some corners of our society: that killing an animal for fun isn’t wrong, as long as you can afford it. It is right to worry about the sort of message that sends.
But if an endangered species as charismatic as the black rhinoceros is under such extreme threat from poaching (http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/extinction-countdown/2013/07/12/rhino-horn-south-africa-legalized/), then perhaps the message that the species needs saving has a larger problem to address than the relatively limited loss of animals to wealthy hunters. The real tragedy here is that the one rhino that will be killed as a result of Saturday’s auction has received a disproportionate amount of media attention compared to the hundreds of rhinos lost to poaching each year, which remain largely invisible. And while there remains at least a possibility that sanctioned trophy hunts can benefit the black rhino as they have for the white rhino, there is only one possible consequence of continued poaching. It’s one that conservationists and hunters alike will lament. – Jason G. Goldman | 15 January 2014

But the illegal hunts this douchebag keeps getting involved with are chickenshit.

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 01:36 PM
I wonder how many more times he has poached when he has been caught doing it twice now.

You're assuming he's guilty.

It would be just as easy to assume that the first one was due to extenuating circumstances and he made a mistake.
And that this one is on the guide.

He's a bow hunter so I'm assuming he isn't just out to collect trophies or do things the easy way. So I don't think he's the kind of person that would be OK with someone corralling a lion just so he can shoot it with his bow.

I think he probably just fucked up and made a mistake. You really think if he knew the background of that lion, he'd have killed it?

I don't know. Personally, I don't hunt and don't think I ever could. But I get that some people like to and I get that there is also some benefit/need of it.
I'm just not going to crucify this guy yet based on the information that's out there.

DisAsTerBot
07-30-2015, 01:36 PM
what does this case have to do with conservation?

TheSanityAnnex
07-30-2015, 01:41 PM
what does this case have to do with conservation?

The money paid for to hunt.

DisAsTerBot
07-30-2015, 01:52 PM
The money paid for to hunt.

an illegal hunt is not helping conservation efforts

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 01:53 PM

So I read the updated story. I think it's pretty shitty if they did in fact lure the lion out of a protected area using a dead animal as bait. And so probably the doctor was involved or at least knew what the guides were doing.
He might not have know it was all illegal but seems like a sorry way to "hunt" big game.

But I still don't think this should be getting top billing when there's more egregious things to be pissed at.

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 02:01 PM
You're assuming he's guilty.

It would be just as easy to assume that the first one was due to extenuating circumstances and he made a mistake.
And that this one is on the guide.

He's a bow hunter so I'm assuming he isn't just out to collect trophies or do things the easy way. So I don't think he's the kind of person that would be OK with someone corralling a lion just so he can shoot it with his bow.

I think he probably just fucked up and made a mistake. You really think if he knew the background of that lion, he'd have killed it?

I don't know. Personally, I don't hunt and don't think I ever could. But I get that some people like to and I get that there is also some benefit/need of it.
I'm just not going to crucify this guy yet based on the information that's out there.

The first one was him poaching a bear 40 miles outside the legal hunting zone. No way that's an accident, if you can't peg your position to within 40 miles in the wilderness then you die there and never make it back out to civilization. And then he covered it up. This seems more a person who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 02:02 PM
But I still don't think this should be getting top billing when there's more egregious things to be pissed at.

You can say that about pretty much any news story. It's the same argument mouse makes when he goes on a rant against anything scientific. Cure cancer, cure poverty before studying anything else he says.

Pauly D
07-30-2015, 02:06 PM
So this guy may indeed be a cunț but what else is cunțy is people like Ricky Gervais getting all the reactionary morons worked up by using feelings instead of facts and logic. "Trophy" hunters have saved species and helped locals in the process

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 02:07 PM
So this guy may indeed be a cunț but what else is cunțy is people like Ricky Gervais getting all the reactionary morons worked up by using feelings instead of facts and logic. "Trophy" hunters have saved species and helped locals in the process

And poachers have brought species to the brink of extinction. This guy is a poacher, and I hope he has to face trial in Zimbabwe.

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 02:11 PM
The first one was him poaching a bear 40 miles outside the legal hunting zone. No way that's an accident, if you can't peg your position to within 40 miles in the wilderness then you die there and never make it back out to civilization. And then he covered it up. This seems more a person who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

I agree.

You can say that about pretty much any news story. It's the same argument mouse makes when he goes on a rant against anything scientific. Cure cancer, cure poverty before studying anything else he says.

I agree.

Just crazy that people are talking about finding him to kick his ass or worse. And also getting into his private life and presumably his family's. I just read that Mia Farrow tweeted out his home address.
All these people spending so much energy on this one event because it's an easy target. But a majority of these same people aren't contributing any time or $ to their local SPCA.

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 02:23 PM
I just read that Mia Farrow tweeted out his home address.

That's a pretty shitty thing to do, I agree. Now the people trashing him on his practice's yelp page is pretty funny though, as is the memorial to the lion outside his office.

TheSanityAnnex
07-30-2015, 02:24 PM
But the illegal hunts this douchebag keeps getting involved with are chickenshit.
I completely agree, Dentist is a faggot and should be killed with a bow. I just reposted this to get some discussion going here since I ran off Splits in the political forum with that article.

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 02:29 PM
I'm all for responsible hunting though I'm not interested in it myself (except fishing, which is awesome). I love to go hiking and some of the areas I love most are inhabited by bears. So I like that they're hunted to help re-instill the fear in them that human = death. But I hate to see them poached, I don't want the species to end up like the buffalo that were almost destroyed in the 1800s.

Pauly D
07-30-2015, 02:49 PM
That's a pretty shitty thing to do, I agree. Now the people trashing him on his practice's yelp page is pretty funny though, as is the memorial to the lion outside his office.

See, that's exactly what he was talking about tho. It's like you're gonna get so worked up over this to do that kinda shit? Get a life

I completely agree, Dentist is a faggot and should be killed with a bow. I just reposted this to get some discussion going here since I ran off Splits in the political forum with that article.

Wow, that's not an overreaction at all.

Thebesteva
07-30-2015, 03:23 PM

God damn ur uneducated. The reason why most animals in the world are on the verge of extinction is because of dumb fucks like you. Hunters have been destroying these animals for centuries and now that they are practicing a little conservation and producing 10 lions a year so they can kill 2, dip shits like you think it's ok to keep killing these majestic animals.

The whole reason we're in this mess as a planet is because of the egocentric thinking of human beings. Trophy hunters are just putting a band aid on the disaster they have created. The entire argument that without them these animals would go extinct years ago is absolute horse shit.

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 03:29 PM
God damn ur uneducated. The reason why most animals in the world are on the verge of extinction is because of dumb fucks like you. Hunters have been destroying these animals for centuries and now that they are practicing a little conservation and producing 10 lions a year so they can kill 2, dip shits like you think it's ok to keep killing these majestic animals.

The whole reason we're in this mess as a planet is because of the egocentric thinking of human beings. Trophy hunters are just putting a band aid on the disaster they have created. The entire argument that without them these animals would go extinct years ago is absolute horse shit.

I mean, I'm all about protecting animals but the reality is that things become extinct. For whatever cause, natural or manmade, it's just how it works. Species kill off other species. Some probably before they even had a chance to propagate. Will it suck if Lions become extinct? Yes. But will it really have much bearing on anything in today's modern world? No. Besides, we're not too far from being able to recreate whatever we want anyway.

Extinction of certain plants and insects is much more problematic than losing the lions or polar bears.

TheSanityAnnex
07-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Wow, that's not an overreaction at all.Do you hunt? Do you own a bow? No? Well I do, so shut the fuck up with your :cry overreaction :cry bullshit, it's the fucking internet.

Pauly D
07-30-2015, 03:54 PM

Easy. Take a breath and do some research of your own, you dumb twat. You're posting like an emotion driven hippie chick. Everything you said has been debunked. Most animals on the verge if extinction?! :lmao You're right, the ones that are are due to assholes who killed anything they saw. But that's in the past and the reason numbers are going up, and in some species record high, is because of hunters.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
07-30-2015, 04:26 PM
I dont think many people understand the situation in Zimbabwe under the Mugabe government or how many villages of people can be fed for that $50,000 he spent to kill the lion. Many people rely this type of hunting in order to survive. Things are so bad that the anti colonialist government is begging for white farmers to return to the farms they were evicted from years earlier http://m.news24.com/news24/Africa/Zimbabwe/Crisis-hit-Zimbabwe-wants-white-farmers-back-report-20150716

Anyway I think this is all an attempt at a distraction from the undercover planned parenthood tapes. Many black Africans will starve if a ban is put on this type of hunting or the threat of prosecution for participating in these hunts. I guess not all black lives matter or they only matter if its part of a current liberal outrage.

DisAsTerBot
07-30-2015, 04:30 PM
I dont think many people understand the situation in Zimbabwe under the Mugabe government or how many villages of people can be fed for that $50,000 he spent to kill the lion. Many people rely this type of hunting in order to survive. Things are so bad that the anti colonialist government is begging for white farmers to return to the farms they were evicted from years earlier http://m.news24.com/news24/Africa/Zimbabwe/Crisis-hit-Zimbabwe-wants-white-farmers-back-report-20150716

Anyway I think this is all an attempt at a distraction from the undercover planned parenthood tapes. Many black Africans will starve if a ban is put on this type of hunting or the threat of prosecution for participating in these hunts. I guess not all black lives matter or they only matter if its part of a current liberal outrage.

this lion shouldn't have been hunted. God damn, we already knew you were stupid, but fuck!

Blake
07-30-2015, 04:37 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244151

Blake
07-30-2015, 04:39 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/01/article-0-1F49456D00000578-403_634x999.jpg

So squeezably soft and cuddly right after you kill em

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 04:39 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244151

she looks like a white female Sam Cassell.

TheSanityAnnex
07-30-2015, 05:00 PM
So squeezably soft and cuddly right after you kill em

Helped more impoverished people in one day's paid game permit than you'll sniff in your entire lifetime. shrug

Clipper Nation
07-30-2015, 05:06 PM
Helped more impoverished people in one day's paid game permit than you'll sniff in your entire lifetime. shrug
Now, now... he helps the poor by hiring them to fuck his wife.

Pauly D
07-30-2015, 05:15 PM

Yeah..but..she's smiling and obviously having a good time!!!!!!! FUCKING SLUT BITCH CUŅT WHORE!!!!!! ALL MY OUTRAGE!!!!!!!

Blake
07-30-2015, 05:26 PM

That's probably false.

Pauly D
07-30-2015, 05:38 PM

That's probably false.

No, it's probably an understatement

TheSanityAnnex
07-30-2015, 05:52 PM
That's probably false.

How much do you estimate you'll donate to conservation in your lifetime?

Thebesteva
07-30-2015, 07:07 PM
I mean, I'm all about protecting animals but the reality is that things become extinct. For whatever cause, natural or manmade, it's just how it works. Species kill off other species. Some probably before they even had a chance to propagate. Will it suck if Lions become extinct? Yes. But will it really have much bearing on anything in today's modern world? No. Besides, we're not too far from being able to recreate whatever we want anyway.

Extinction of certain plants and insects is much more problematic than losing the lions or polar bears.

Easy. Take a breath and do some research of your own, you dumb twat. You're posting like an emotion driven hippie chick. Everything you said has been debunked. Most animals on the verge if extinction?! :lmao You're right, the ones that are are due to assholes who killed anything they saw. But that's in the past and the reason numbers are going up, and in some species record high, is because of hunters.

By far the dumbest shit I've ever read. So the only thing we should concern ourselves over is about the modern world and not care about the planet we're occupying? You seriously think with the attitude human beings have today about destroying nature will go without repercussion for generations to come? It's not even worth debating this since it's already been proven numerous times on how our oceans are being fished out, the mammals are bottle necking in genetics, and just about everything humans can get their hands on is being destroyed.

The numbers went down in the first place because of hunting which needs to stop when it comes to trophy hunters.

Feel free to post your thoughts on Facebook, I'm sure you guys are too chicken shit to talk this big on there. It's always easy to hide behind a Spurstalk account.

The Reckoning
07-30-2015, 07:48 PM
legal hunting with proceeds is fine. it's the poachers we need to be worried about, but they're smart enough to not post facebook photos.

TheSanityAnnex
07-30-2015, 08:25 PM
By far the dumbest shit I've ever read. So the only thing we should concern ourselves over is about the modern world and not care about the planet we're occupying? You seriously think with the attitude human beings have today about destroying nature will go without repercussion for generations to come? It's not even worth debating this since it's already been proven numerous times on how our oceans are being fished out, the mammals are bottle necking in genetics, and just about everything humans can get their hands on is being destroyed.

The numbers went down in the first place because of hunting which needs to stop when it comes to trophy hunters.

Feel free to post your thoughts on Facebook, I'm sure you guys are too chicken shit to talk this big on there. It's always easy to hide behind a Spurstalk account.
Hunters (not poachers) and Fisherman (not commercial poachers) care more about and do more for the environment than your keyboard warrior ass.

TheSanityAnnex
07-30-2015, 08:27 PM

http://conservationmagazine.org/2014/01/can-trophy-hunting-reconciled-conservation/

Don't be a chickenshit and discuss

HarlemHeat37
07-30-2015, 08:43 PM
I'm one of the most pro-animal people here, but I rarely blame the hunters in this type of situation, tbh..in this particular case, it's disgusting that they made the lion suffer, though, disgusting..

In my teens, before learning more about it, I was anti-hunting out of principal and love for animals, without realizing the potential positives that these hunters can do for conservation and the economies of the countries where these animals live..

However, although I don't blame or dislike the hunters themselves(I think you have to have some fucked up issues and overcompensating, as well, if you get a thrill out of killing an animal with a weapon in an unfair fight, though), the argument that they help conservation and economies is mostly bullshit, tbh..

Unfortunately, most of these animals are in Africa, the most corrupt and poorly ran continent on the planet, with very few of their countries being an exception..while this money allegedly goes to conservation and helping their economies, there's actually very little that trickles down to conservation efforts and even less to help anybody..

That isn't the fault of American(and others) hunters, of course, they are just satisfying their little-dick fetish, so I feel bad for some of them that have their everyday lives ruined by social media for killing an animal with the understanding that they are aiding conservation efforts and the overall species..can't really blame the hunters if the money isn't being allocated correctly, tbh..

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 09:57 PM
legal hunting with proceeds is fine. it's the poachers we need to be worried about, but they're smart enough to not post facebook photos.

Except this poacher

Thebesteva
07-30-2015, 10:48 PM

Hunters (not poachers) and Fisherman (not commercial poachers) care more about and do more for the environment than your keyboard warrior ass.

I fish, I am not agains hunting at all. This is about trophy hunting. LOL at the keyboard warrior stuff...you only call someone a keyboard warrior when they threaten violence online dumb fuck.

Like this guy says, it can help to boost numbers but watch at the end on the statistics. The lion population is down 80% in large part due to mismanagement of trophy hunting. Check mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwUyqXwobMo

TheSanityAnnex
07-30-2015, 11:12 PM
I fish, I am not agains hunting at all. This is about trophy hunting. LOL at the keyboard warrior stuff...you only call someone a keyboard warrior when they threaten violence online dumb fuck.
Sorry, social justice warrior.

Did you read the article I posted on trophy hunting and how the white rhino population has seen a massive increase along with elephants all because private lands were opened up to hunting? Did you see the 11 million+ dollars that were brought into that economy that would never been there if not for trophy hunting? Splits ran away from it, I'm hoping someone will stick with me and argue it. Please read the article and get back to me.

Thebesteva
07-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Sorry, social justice warrior.

Did you read the article I posted on trophy hunting and how the white rhino population has seen a massive increase along with elephants all because private lands were opened up to hunting? Did you see the 11 million+ dollars that were brought into that economy that would never been there if not for trophy hunting? Splits (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24583) ran away from it, I'm hoping someone will stick with me and argue it. Please read the article and get back to me.

K I will...a bit busy tonight. I am actually interested because I have taken many courses in agriculture and unfortunately after work I have no patience to sit down and type for hours to someone who already has their mind made up. Ill get back at you soon.

Biernutz
07-30-2015, 11:40 PM
People in the animal’s native Zimbabwe want to know what all the
outrage is in killing of another lion. I thought the best quote was...........

“Why are the Americans more concerned than us?” said Joseph Mabuwa, a
33-year-old father of two cleaning his car in the center of the capital.
“We never hear them speak out when villagers are killed by lions and elephants in Hwange.”

http://nypost.com/2015/07/30/what-lion-zimbabweans-ask-amid-global-cecil-circus/

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 12:33 AM
K I will...a bit busy tonight. I am actually interested because I have taken many courses in agriculture and unfortunately after work I have no patience to sit down and type for hours to someone who already has their mind made up. Ill get back at you soon.
Sounds good. And for the record I'd never pay to hunt big game like this and think it's totally fucked up, but I see the benefits.

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 07:15 AM
LOL Zimbabwe wants to have this faggot extradited.

boutons_deux
07-31-2015, 07:33 AM
LOL Zimbabwe wants to have this faggot extradited.

there is an extradition treaty between USA and ZW, but of course I don't expect USA to follow international agreements or respect other (black) countries. America! Fuck Yeah!

SupremeGuy
07-31-2015, 08:08 AM
Haven't been keeping up with the story, but wasn't it a legal kill? The only thing that people are complaining about was that the dude who said he could shoot the lion had an expired land(???) permit?

I hope people also realize that the people that go over there and pay thousands of bucks to hunt wild game is how they're able to keep those places open and shit.

It sounds more like the dentist was fed bullshit by a poacher who represented himself as a game manager, tbh.

Please don't become PETA drones and picket against Deer season or something stupid. There's a goddamn reason that shit exists, please read up on it, and not from a PETA sponsored website.

SupremeGuy
07-31-2015, 08:10 AM
there is an extradition treaty between USA and ZW, but of course I don't expect USA to follow international agreements or respect other (black) countries. America! Fuck Yeah!So what do you think is going to happen?

boutons_deux
07-31-2015, 08:12 AM
So what do you think is going to happen?

I don't expect USA to follow international agreements or respect other (black) countries. America! Fuck Yeah!

SupremeGuy
07-31-2015, 08:22 AM
I don't expect USA to follow international agreements or respect other (black) countries. America! Fuck Yeah!I'm not saying you're wrong, boutons; but can you please tell me the agreements that the US isn't going to follow? And the laws that he broke? Also, we can do without your race pandering.

boutons_deux
07-31-2015, 09:41 AM
the agreements that the US isn't going to follow?

And the laws that he broke?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_extradition_treaties

He killed a collared lion, lured out of its no-hunting game reserve. His "reputation" of shooting black bear 40 miles outside of hunting zone precedes him.

I'm sure the Repugs will scream, throw tantrums about bowing to a (black) country "taking over" US citizens. Repugs gotta dog whistle to the 10Ms in their xenophobic, nativist, racist, Confederate, rural, ignorant base, as always.

btw, the Big White Dickless Gun Fellatin Animal Killers Club he belongs to donates to Repug top politicians. Don't know if that club includes any blacks.

Spurminator
07-31-2015, 09:54 AM
This story merits about a day of outrage at most. At this point, it's kind of ridiculous and selective.

Blake
07-31-2015, 10:06 AM

Instead of asking me how much I donate, you should post exactly how much the "impoverished" get through hunting permits.

I mean, golly, African people look like they're living the dream

JoeTait75
07-31-2015, 10:31 AM
This story merits about a day of outrage at most. At this point, it's kind of ridiculous and selective.

SupremeGuy
07-31-2015, 10:57 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_extradition_treaties

He killed a collared lion, lured out of its no-hunting game reserve. His "reputation" of shooting black bear 40 miles outside of hunting zone precedes him.

I'm sure the Repugs will scream, throw tantrums about bowing to a (black) country "taking over" US citizens. Repugs gotta dog whistle to the 10Ms in their xenophobic, nativist, racist, Confederate, rural, ignorant base, as always.

btw, the Big White Dickless Gun Fellatin Animal Killers Club he belongs to donates to Repug top politicians. Don't know if that club includes any blacks.Did the dentist do anything wrong other than listening to his guide? And even then wasn't the kill legal except for (let's call him african1) not having some permit for the last year?

Boutons, you can't copy/paste a wiki article without even trying to specify what you were talking about... c'mon.

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 11:00 AM
Haven't been keeping up with the story, but wasn't it a legal kill? The only thing that people are complaining about was that the dude who said he could shoot the lion had an expired land(???) permit?

I hope people also realize that the people that go over there and pay thousands of bucks to hunt wild game is how they're able to keep those places open and shit.

It sounds more like the dentist was fed bullshit by a poacher who represented himself as a game manager, tbh.

Please don't become PETA drones and picket against Deer season or something stupid. There's a goddamn reason that shit exists, please read up on it, and not from a PETA sponsored website.

He killed a collared lion right outside a national park after they lured it at the boundary, cut its head off, and skinned it. Pretty hard to play the oops card here when he was trying to cover up an illegal kill for a second time, this time a third of a mile outside a national park.

SupremeGuy
07-31-2015, 11:10 AM
He killed a collared lion right outside a national park after they lured it at the boundary, cut its head off, and skinned it. Pretty hard to play the oops card here when he was trying to cover up an illegal kill for a second time, this time a third of a mile outside a national park.Who was trying to cover up?

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 11:13 AM
Who was trying to cover up?

He and his guides. LOL still cutting the head off and skinning it after finding it was collared. LOL not knowing what he was doing half a kilometer from the boundary of a national park they lured the lion out of.

DJR210
07-31-2015, 11:14 AM
Zimbabwe to US: Extradite that mother fucker to us

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 11:19 AM
LOL an experienced hunter like this faggot not knowing what he was doing 1/2 a kilometer from the national park. Half a kilometer is a five minute leisure walk.

SupremeGuy
07-31-2015, 11:56 AM
LOL an experienced hunter like this faggot not knowing what he was doing 1/2 a kilometer from the national park. Half a kilometer is a five minute leisure walk.I don't really want to take sides, but the dentist probably thought 50 grand ensured him a legal kill. The hate really should be for the people who told him it was ok, the dude probably didn't know any better.

Clusterfuck of a situation.

At the same time, I really hate our daily "faux outrage." Trying to screw this guy's life up for something he didn't even know was illegal(was it?) is kind of fucked up.

Pauly D
07-31-2015, 12:03 PM
Instead of asking me how much I donate, you should post exactly how much the "impoverished" get through hunting permits.

You're right, they don't need any help at all. Make these hunts illegal so there's no legal monetary value to these animals so they get hunted to extinction or boom in numbers and ruin the ecosystem

Biernutz
07-31-2015, 12:16 PM
O.K. he killed a lion illegally. Was this Lion kind of like the DODO bird. You know like the last of it's
species? What was so special about this lion to cause this shit storm in the U.S. it was not too big
of a deal in Africa until the media here made it so. If that Lion was so special why is this the first
time we ever heard of it? He will get fined might spend some jail time but lets not burn him at the stake.
This is like was the post said above "Faux Outrage" to take our attention off other story's like the
Plan Parenthood scandal........

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 12:18 PM
I don't really want to take sides, but the dentist probably thought 50 grand ensured him a legal kill. The hate really should be for the people who told him it was ok, the dude probably didn't know any better.

Clusterfuck of a situation.

At the same time, I really hate our daily "faux outrage." Trying to screw this guy's life up for something he didn't even know was illegal(was it?) is kind of fucked up.

I don't buy his story that "hurr durr, they just told me when to shoot".

Quetzal-X
07-31-2015, 12:30 PM
ignorance of the law is no excuse- if any were broken.

SupremeGuy
07-31-2015, 12:35 PM
I don't buy his story that "hurr durr, they just told me when to shoot".But that's kinda how it goes... the dude pays money and waits for some dude to tell him "ok, you can shoot that."

Quetzal-X
07-31-2015, 12:40 PM
dentist gotta be one dumb motherfucker with that bullshit story.

Blake
07-31-2015, 12:49 PM
You're right, they don't need any help at all.

I didn't say that at all.

spurraider21
07-31-2015, 12:51 PM
he's a dentist because he didnt get into med school

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 12:51 PM
But that's kinda how it goes... the dude pays money and waits for some dude to tell him "ok, you can shoot that."

If this was this guy's first couple of hunts that might be plausible, but he is a pretty experienced hunter all over the world. It seems a lot more plausible that he said fuck the rules like he did in his previous poaching case.

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 12:52 PM

ythrdCsOFJU

Quetzal-X
07-31-2015, 12:57 PM
paying $55k doesnt give him the right to kill that animal. He was either stupid, gullible, ignorant to believe so or he was a poacher. None of those should be a good reason for this supposed big game trophy hunter. Imagine that happening here in the US--holy shit lol

Ginobilly
07-31-2015, 12:58 PM
I don't know what the big fuss is over a cat.....Evolution or God will just make another one in the next big bang or your give your household cat a few million years to evolve into one. There! Happy????

Pauly D
07-31-2015, 01:18 PM

Buuuuurn!!! The only doctorate degrees that matter are in medicine, amirite???!!!!!!!!!

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 01:21 PM

Or you could just answer the question. So how much are you planning on donating to conservation efforts in Africa this year?

InRareForm
07-31-2015, 01:27 PM
Selective outrage
http://freakonomics.com/2014/04/24/which-came-first-the-chicken-or-the-avocado-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast/

Blake
07-31-2015, 02:10 PM
Or you could just answer the question. So how much are you planning on donating to conservation efforts in Africa this year?

you moved the goalposts.

Impoverished =/= conservation efforts

And you'll have to show the numbers in your original question to be true before I can answer it.

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 02:16 PM
you moved the goalposts.

And you'll have to show the numbers in your original question to be true before I can answer it.
For fucks sake

how much are you going to donate this year to impoverished African villages?
how much are you going to donate to African conservation efforts?

AmericanWoman
07-31-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm no anti-dentite but this guy is a douchebag.

Blake
07-31-2015, 04:25 PM
For fucks sake

how much are you going to donate this year to impoverished African villages?
how much are you going to donate to African conservation efforts?

Directly, I have no idea this year.

Now for fuck sake, provide the dollar amount that the impoverished receive from these permits.

Blake
07-31-2015, 04:27 PM

Why are fallacies like "moving the goalposts" so hard for you to understand? It's really a pretty easy concept to master.

Clipper Nation
07-31-2015, 04:33 PM
So, $0.

Blake
07-31-2015, 04:42 PM
So, $0.

Directly yeah, $0.

How much has the "impoverished" received from these permits? It's $0 until shown otherwise.

you have the same problem with logical fallacies, tbh.

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 04:59 PM
you moved the goalposts.

My original question was

My original statement was

So asking me to show the numbers in my original question makes no sense because I asked you the first question.

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Directly yeah, $0.

How much has the "impoverished" received from these permits? It's $0 until shown otherwise.

you have the same problem with logical fallacies, tbh.

Here is just an example of what the "impoverished" received from just one of these permits.

https://firstforhunters.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/an-interview-with-kendall-jones/

"Yes, in that video I had hunted an elephant. That one hunt fed more than 100 families. If more people hunted and gave away meat like I did, hundreds or even thousands of people in Africa could be fed as a byproduct of hunting."

And since you have admitted you've given $0...my original statement of helped more impoverished people in one day's paid game permit than you'll sniff in your entire lifetime. shrug was 100% dead on.

Blake
07-31-2015, 05:07 PM
My original question was

My original statement was

So asking me to show the numbers in my original question makes no sense because I asked you the first question.

it's me telling you to back your claim or stfu.

damn it's not that hard to understand this :lol

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 05:28 PM
it's me telling you to back your claim or stfu.

one elephant from that one permit fed over 100 families>your $0

Blake
07-31-2015, 05:41 PM
one elephant from that one permit fed over 100 families>your $0

Apparently it's hard for you to clearly put your thoughts into words. Or you're scrambling after you got called out.

You said "one day's paid permit". That implies $$$.

There's no mention in your post of donated meat. No guarantees of a kill either even with a permit, right?

Next time clarify.

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 05:51 PM
My exact quote

"Helped" does not imply $$$. And permits aren't free so of course I said paid permit.

Just move on and admit you don't do jack shit for impoverished villages while these trophy hunters actually do.

Blake
07-31-2015, 06:16 PM
My exact quote

"Helped" does not imply $$$. And permits aren't free so of course I said paid permit.

Just move on and admit you don't do jack shit for impoverished villages while these trophy hunters actually do.

sure.

How many villagers did Cecil feed?

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 06:35 PM
sure.

How many villagers did Cecil feed?
Cecil wasn't killed with a legal permit goal post mover. But they may have fed him to the villagers anyways and if so still more than your big fat $0

Dirk Oneanddoneski
07-31-2015, 06:44 PM
Looks like most people on here are saying animal lives > black African lives

cool

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 07:00 PM
Looks like most people on here are saying animal lives > black African lives

cool

lol since when did you start giving a fuck about African niggas' lives?

Blake
07-31-2015, 07:44 PM
Cecil wasn't killed with a legal permit goal post mover. But they may have fed him to the villagers anyways and if so still more than your big fat $0

I'm not making an argument, I'm asking a question, genius.

When you get the permit, do you have to donate the food?

What's the approximate dollar amount that hunters have given to the impoverished thanks to permits? Number and link to source k thanks.

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 07:47 PM

What's the approximate dollar amount that hunters have given to the impoverished thanks to permits? Number and link to source k thanks.
No.
More than $0
www.google.com
k thanks

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 08:37 PM

Here's a good link, I think darrins posted it in another thread. The links within the article are very informative too.

http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/lion-murderer-walt-palmer-has-done-more-for-conservatio-1720901473

Blake
07-31-2015, 10:35 PM
No.
More than $0
www.google.com
k thanks

Well if they were true humanitarians, wouldn't it be better to just give them the $50k instead of lion meat?

Blake
07-31-2015, 10:37 PM
If they can regulate it better, making sure that the animals killed are good for conservation efforts and feeding the impoverished, I'm all for it, tbh. But it seems wildly unregulated at the moment.

Bender
07-31-2015, 10:39 PM
he was killed, beheaded, skinned, and the rest left to rot. Then the dentist guy asked the guides to find him an elephant to shoot.

TheSanityAnnex
08-01-2015, 12:19 PM
If they can regulate it better, making sure that the animals killed are good for conservation efforts and feeding the impoverished, I'm all for it, tbh. But it seems wildly unregulated at the moment.
It's a work in progress that has seen drastic improvements since it started. You don't see the re-emergence of species like they are with it being wildly unregulated. You couldn't pay me to shoot one of those animals though, and it's weird because I have no problem killing deer, duck, fish etc.

TheSanityAnnex
08-01-2015, 12:21 PM
he was killed, beheaded, skinned, and the rest left to rot. Then the dentist guy asked the guides to find him an elephant to shoot.
Tongue cheek and all that

Liar
08-01-2015, 12:25 PM
I could say I support this type of senseless hunting.... but I'd be lion.

Bender
08-01-2015, 02:20 PM
apparently the lion's brother was shot and killed today in the same park.

the timing is perfect.

SpursforSix
08-01-2015, 07:15 PM

Your mom's pubes are wildly unregulated.

SpursforSix
08-01-2015, 07:16 PM

the timing is perfect.

Seems like a double hit. It's the Kennedys all over again.

Bender
08-01-2015, 08:22 PM
now they are saying the 2nd kill isn't confirmed yet...

coulda been a media play on the part of the conservation groups.

SpursforSix
08-01-2015, 09:14 PM
now they are saying the 2nd kill isn't confirmed yet...

coulda been a media play on the part of the conservation groups.

Doubtful. If they say that Jericho is still alive, I would take a hard look at his paws and possibly run DNA tests on him.

Silver&Black
08-02-2015, 12:39 AM
I could say I support this type of senseless hunting.... but I'd be lion.

http://i.imgur.com/2ARIBfj.png

SnakeBoy
08-02-2015, 01:11 PM

the timing is perfect.

Reports are now that there are several confirmed sightings of him. Cecil and his brother ruled the pride cooperatively, at 13 years old they are past their prime and near the end of a male lion's chance to reign. Without Cecil to help his brother might be getting pushed out by a young stud ready to take over the pride. Hell it's possible Cecil was chased off the reserve by an up and comer rather than baited off as reported.

Koolaid_Man
08-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Dude is a certified poacher. He lied to federal agents before for poaching a black bear in Minnesota. Paid 100k fine and one 1yr probation....after he killed Cecil...he then asked if they could take him to poach an Elephant...dude is a psychopath I bet he's watched The Purge like 1000 times

spurraider21
08-03-2015, 05:21 PM
how about indirectly? how much of your money is getting to impoverished african villages or conservation efforts?

Blake
08-03-2015, 06:51 PM
how about indirectly? how much of your money is getting to impoverished african villages or conservation efforts?

:lol good catch.

Directly: zero
Indirectly: unknown
Relevance to topic: zero

Spursone
08-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Lion Salami taste good!

CosmicCowboy
08-05-2015, 07:45 AM
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11822462_10205512139177808_4419717473192238985_n.j pg?oh=3d04a25bafd964e754b26299c78d9fda&oe=563AF825

Blake
08-05-2015, 08:05 AM
But Kendall the cheerleader huntress is still alive

Chinook
08-05-2015, 11:59 AM
She and and Zebra are just hanging out. Nothing to see here.

TheSanityAnnex
08-05-2015, 01:44 PM
But Kendall the cheerleader huntress is still alive

Kendall feeds another village while Blake sits on his ass and contributes nothing to the African impoverished.

Blake
08-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Kendall feeds another village while Blake sits on his ass and contributes nothing to the African impoverished.

Zebra burgers....yummmm

How much more would she have fed if she just donated $50k directly to the impoverished for food and water?

TheSanityAnnex
08-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Zebra burgers....yummmm

How much more would she have fed if she just donated $50k directly to the impoverished for food and water?
More than your $0

Blake
08-05-2015, 03:50 PM
More than your $0

what a humanitarian

TheSanityAnnex
08-05-2015, 04:59 PM
what a humanitarian

Your total contributions to African humanitarian efforts this year?

Blake
08-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Rofl humanitarian effort. She can't take the meat home so she leaves it. What a sweetheart.

Don't be disingenuous. There's no point to it.

mingus
08-05-2015, 06:22 PM
What I don't understand about this guy is that hunting is that he basically just asked guides to take him to the lion and he just killed it. I've hunted before a couple times for dear. It's not really my thing, but I can understand why it is for a lot of people. A lot of times it's about the experience of hunting not necessarily only the reward (a trophy). The way he did it, it's more about just the trophy. I guess that's alright for some people, but I really don't understand it. There's an ethical way to hunt and a non-ethical way. Doing it ethically means you go out there to have fun, bullshit, trace/track down animal, shoot, and salvage the meat. It's just stupid IMO. Pulling the trigger for me anyway was really just a part of the experience of hunting but wasn't all of it. Like dropping your fishing line in a damn fish tank.

TheSanityAnnex
08-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Rofl humanitarian effort. She can't take the meat home so she leaves it. What a sweetheart.

Don't be disingenuous. There's no point to it.

CosmicCowboy
08-05-2015, 06:41 PM
The outrage over the killing of one african predator is pretty funny.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/B__IDb1yQDU/hqdefault.jpg

Blake
08-05-2015, 11:35 PM

Zero. Keep going with that straw man fallacy tho to justify her fun hunts.

Blake
08-05-2015, 11:36 PM
The outrage over the killing of one african predator is pretty funny.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/B__IDb1yQDU/hqdefault.jpg

Oh don't worry, Kendall Jones gives them zebra to eat.

baseline bum
08-06-2015, 12:13 AM
What I don't understand about this guy is that hunting is that he basically just asked guides to take him to the lion and he just killed it. I've hunted before a couple times for dear. It's not really my thing, but I can understand why it is for a lot of people. A lot of times it's about the experience of hunting not necessarily only the reward (a trophy). The way he did it, it's more about just the trophy. I guess that's alright for some people, but I really don't understand it. There's an ethical way to hunt and a non-ethical way. Doing it ethically means you go out there to have fun, bullshit, trace/track down animal, shoot, and salvage the meat. It's just stupid IMO. Pulling the trigger for me anyway was really just a part of the experience of hunting but wasn't all of it. Like dropping your fishing line in a damn fish tank.

That's only if you believe his story that he was just the innocent party who shot when the guides said shoot.

mingus
08-06-2015, 08:45 AM
I read somewhere he has a history of poaching I do t know if it's all talk tho. Anyway is it is I home they extradite the arrogant prick

Quetzal-X
08-06-2015, 12:27 PM
Lions gonna eat this dentist...

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Zero. Keep going with that straw man fallacy tho to justify her fun hunts.
I don't agree with the hunts, but at least I am able to see how much more she cares for Africans and African conservation efforts than your non-contributing ass.

Blake
08-06-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't agree with the hunts, but at least I am able to see how much more she cares for Africans and African conservation efforts than your non-contributing ass.

humanitarian of the year

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2015, 04:18 PM
humanitarian of the year

Where does that leave you?

Clipper Nation
08-06-2015, 04:19 PM
humanitarian of the year
:lmao You're still getting second-hand offended at something actual Zimbabweans don't give a fuck about.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/opinion/in-zimbabwe-we-dont-cry-for-lions.html

Blake
08-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Where does that leave you?

Who cares?

Blake
08-06-2015, 04:26 PM
:lmao You're still getting second-hand offended at something actual Zimbabweans don't give a fuck about.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/opinion/in-zimbabwe-we-dont-cry-for-lions.html

No, I'm actually fine with hunting if it actually helps.

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2015, 04:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLexmQ3WUAANSRm.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCKP65Z-0lccCFZKjiAodpYAFIg&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fjwb_9&ei=lNLDVaPgOpLHogSlgZaQAg&bvm=bv.99804247,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNE5ddAk9zJ9zhMW797oJuTWbkjo9g&ust=1438983176412589)

TheSanityAnnex
08-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Who cares?

The people of Africa.

angrydude
08-06-2015, 05:52 PM
lol @ people who don't understand how bribing africans not to kill lions makes there be more lions.

Blake
08-06-2015, 08:50 PM
The people of Africa.

then what are you doing about it?

Chinook
08-07-2015, 02:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLexmQ3WUAANSRm.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCKP65Z-0lccCFZKjiAodpYAFIg&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fjwb_9&ei=lNLDVaPgOpLHogSlgZaQAg&bvm=bv.99804247,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNE5ddAk9zJ9zhMW797oJuTWbkjo9g&ust=1438983176412589)

Je suis Cecile

Blake
08-07-2015, 02:29 PM

Someone has a chicken head mounted on their wall?

TheSanityAnnex
08-07-2015, 04:28 PM
then what are you doing about it?

It doesn't matter what I'm doing about it, I'm not the hypocrite who does nothing while criticizing those that are doing something about it

Blake
08-07-2015, 04:45 PM
It doesn't matter what I'm doing about it, I'm not the hypocrite who does nothing while criticizing those that are doing something about it

She's not there to help people. She's there for the animal heads.

It's nice of her to leave the left overs, but it's hilariously disingenuous to call her a conservationist and a humanitarian.

Let me know when she's in a soup kitchen instead of a reality show, then we'll talk.

UZER
08-07-2015, 04:48 PM
good read:

Winston-Salem, N.C. — MY mind was absorbed by the biochemistry of gene editing when the text messages and Facebook posts distracted me.

So sorry about Cecil.

Did Cecil live near your place in Zimbabwe?

Cecil who? I wondered. When I turned on the news and discovered that the messages were about a lion killed by an American dentist, the village boy inside me instinctively cheered: One lion fewer to menace families like mine...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/opinion/in-zimbabwe-we-dont-cry-for-lions.html

TheSanityAnnex
08-07-2015, 05:34 PM
She's not there to help people. She's there for the animal heads.

It's nice of her to leave the left overs, but it's hilariously disingenuous to call her a conservationist and a humanitarian.

Let me know when she's in a soup kitchen instead of a reality show, then we'll talk.

Does the money she pays for the tags go towards conservation efforts? Yes we have already discussed this.
Does the meat from her kills go towards feeding hundreds of families? Yes we have already discussed this.

Call her whatever you want if it makes yourself feel better about yourself after admitting you do jackshit.

Biernutz
08-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Americans outraged more than Africans about the hunting of a "named" lion.
What about the killing of 300 poachers in a South Africans Kruger Park Game
Reserve by 550 army and park rangers? They even brought in Prince Harry to
get in on the shooting. The poacher criminals are using rifles and machetes.
The poachers have been killing Rino's in the park for the horn that can bring about
$50,000 each in Asia. All this killing because some Chinese guys want to
get some wood. This rino horn killing seems this where the real problem is not
with one lion.........

There has been some marches in D.C. about "Lion lives matter" along with the banning
of all Dentist having hunting rifles. Make that "Repug" Dentist with rifles. :lmao

Must be time for the drive by media to move on to something else.
American attention span is less than a house cat with a catnip mouse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3190584/Shootout-Crocodile-River-Harry-joins-war-poachers-Prince-battling-gangs-criminals-wielding-rifles-machetes.html

Biernutz
08-10-2015, 10:34 AM
The outrage about Trophy hunting in Zimbabwe is over as it lifted its ban on
hunting lions, leopards and elephants after 10 days...There is still a ban on
the farm where the lion was shot.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/08/10/reports-zimbabwe-lifts-hunting-ban/31400967/

Bender
08-10-2015, 07:02 PM
that country doesn't give a shit.

Mo money, Mo money, Mo money...

Blake
08-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Does the money she pays for the tags go towards conservation efforts? Yes we have already discussed this.

You have claimed this but haven't shown it.

boutons_deux
08-14-2015, 07:41 PM
ah, "sportsmen" loving wildlife

Dentist smiles over illegal bear kill in new photos
http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/40/22/57/8465367/3/920x920.jpg

http://m.sfgate.com/world/article/Dentist-smiles-over-illegal-bear-kill-in-new-6444790.php#photo-8465367

we must kill the bears to save them, we must annihate a peopled Viet Nam village to save it.