PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a fan of Sonic Drive-in? There's halfprice cheeseburgers today (7/29)

SupremeGuy
07-29-2015, 05:45 PM
They're only like 2 bucks. You're welcome. :toast

Sure, it's not Whataburger, but it's pretty good nonetheless.

Thread
07-29-2015, 06:10 PM
You know, SG, 15 years ago they were a cut above, and then they put one on every fucking corner and it was all over but the shoutin'. We used to drive 15 miles one way to go with the children. It was a treat. Now? It's just junk.

SpursforSix
07-29-2015, 06:20 PM
You know, SG, 15 years ago they were a cut above, and then they put one on every fucking corner and it was all over but the shoutin'. We used to drive 15 miles one way to go with the children. It was a treat. Now? It's just junk.

It's junk because they decided they needed 40 items on the menu. Instead of doing a few things really well, they now do many things really poorly. Unfortunately, this includes the one item (food item) that made it worth going to Sonic. We only get drinks there now.

Thread
07-29-2015, 06:22 PM
It's junk because they decided they needed 40 items on the menu. Instead of doing a few things really well, they now do many things really poorly. Unfortunately, this includes the one item that made it worth going to Sonic. We only get drinks there now.

SS is correct here. Absolutely great point. It gets to the point where either consciously, or, subconsciously you don't want to go because the gd menu is massive. It's too much.

SupremeGuy
07-29-2015, 06:35 PM
It's junk because they decided they needed 40 items on the menu. Instead of doing a few things really well, they now do many things really poorly. Unfortunately, this includes the one item (food item) that made it worth going to Sonic. We only get drinks there now.Half price drinks after 8 is pretty badass during the summer, tbh.

Reck
07-29-2015, 06:37 PM

You seem like a White Castle type person.

Thread
07-29-2015, 06:44 PM
You seem like a White Castle type person.

Even before that Royal Castle back in Cleveland. Same principle as White, but, better, greasier. We'd go mid morning from High School. Girl would tag along with us, just for the eats. Had no money. I always had to pay. But, she was quiet then, didn't intrude on us "racks."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zi0snu459Bg/UDzrnX0vx2I/AAAAAAAACE8/716Kcmk19kI/s1600/195853_3163233139979_818320520_n.jpg

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 06:52 PM
I hate that they expect you to tip at Sonic. Tipping for fast food is fucking retarded.

SupremeGuy
07-29-2015, 07:00 PM
I hate that they expect you to tip at Sonic. Tipping for fast food is fucking retarded.Yeah, fuck that. That's why I just go through the drive-thru. The drive-in is for old people and kids.

NASpurs
07-29-2015, 07:02 PM
I hate that they expect you to tip at Sonic. Tipping for fast food is fucking retarded.

Wait, I've never understood this about Sonics. Are you really supposed to tip? Shiiiiiiiiiiit, I've done fucked up all the times I've been there then. :lol

I just assumed "it's fast food" and just left.

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Yeah, fuck that. That's why I just go through the drive-thru. The drive-in is for old people and kids.

Lots of them don't put a drive up window though whether or not they have a drive thru. So they still come out to you to bring your shit and act like you're supposed to tip. :lol

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 07:06 PM
Wait, I've never understood this about Sonics. Are you really supposed to tip? Shiiiiiiiiiiit, I've done fucked up all the times I've been there then. :lol

I just assumed "it's fast food" and just left.

Yeah, you tip in restaurants because they come around and refill your tea, see if you want dessert, clean out the plate, etc. But why am I tipping a hooker, a Sonic delivery boy, or a Starbucks barista when I already got what I want and am now leaving?

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 07:10 PM
It's junk because they decided they needed 40 items on the menu. Instead of doing a few things really well, they now do many things really poorly. Unfortunately, this includes the one item (food item) that made it worth going to Sonic. We only get drinks there now.

That's what I like about In N Out. The menu is basically hamburger, cheeseburger, fries, Coke, shake, lemonade, double cheeseburger.

djohn2oo8
07-29-2015, 07:13 PM
I'd tip if the weather was terrible and they had to come out. But yeah sonic is terrible these days. Only go there for slushes and shakes.

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 07:16 PM
I'd tip if the weather was terrible and they had to come out. But yeah sonic is terrible these days. Only go there for slushes and shakes.

Isn't the weather always terrible in Houston though?

djohn2oo8
07-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Used to know this chick who worked there. The perks was hitting it and free slushes.

Thread
Lots of them don't put a drive up window though whether or not they have a drive thru. So they still come out to you to bring your shit and act like you're supposed to tip. :lol

...& I always do because it ain't like here where I don't have to face you guys. There, I'm fucked.

djohn2oo8
Isn't the weather always terrible in Houston though?
:lol yeah pretty much. I mean if it was raining bad I'd tip.

baseline bum
07-29-2015, 07:20 PM
...& I always do because it ain't like here where I don't have to face you guys. There, I'm fucked.

Just tell them lmcontrolinao and speed off

07-29-2015, 07:35 PM
Just tell them lmcontrolinao and speed off
:rollin

chunticakes
07-29-2015, 07:50 PM
Even before that Royal Castle back in Cleveland. Same principle as White, but, better, greasier. We'd go mid morning from High School. Girl would tag along with us, just for the eats. Had no money. I always had to pay. But, she was quiet then, didn't intrude on us "racks."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zi0snu459Bg/UDzrnX0vx2I/AAAAAAAACE8/716Kcmk19kI/s1600/195853_3163233139979_818320520_n.jpg

Dale, what is in your honest opinion, the best burger you've had?

UZER
07-29-2015, 08:06 PM
Back in the day the brown bag was the shit. Now, it's just shit.

I went the other day and waited forever for a shake. People drove up after and got their order first. I rang them again telling them exactly that. They still never came out, which I suspect was now on purpose. I drove off vowing never to return.

spurraider21
07-29-2015, 08:11 PM
sonic's food is pretty ass... there's nothing special about it at all. no better than jack in the box, etc. but the drive-in experience is kinda unique, cool

Thread
07-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Dale, what is in your honest opinion, the best burger you've had?

There is a place up on the Carefree Highway (Wild Horse West) here about 10 miles from me. It's a biker bar though so it's dicey, plus it's all two lane goin' over there so it's dangerous, but, they have the best burgers I've had. And a fine chili as well.
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/4c/b8/26/the-bar.jpg

TheSonicGuy
07-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Two for Wednesday!! I'm stuffed.

BD24
07-29-2015, 09:29 PM
Sonic has good ice cream and slushies. Everything else is shit though. I mean not mcdonalds bad, but still.

TheOtherSonicGuy
07-29-2015, 09:35 PM
Whattaburger Wednesday!! Stuff that!

Silver&Black
07-29-2015, 09:37 PM
There is a place up on the Carefree Highway (Wild Horse West) here about 10 miles from me. It's a biker bar though so it's dicey, plus it's all two lane goin' over there so it's dangerous, but, they have the best burgers I've had. And a fine chili as well.

Dale...I didn't know you were a 1%er.

Learn something new everyday I guess....

Thread
07-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Dale...I didn't know you were a 1%er.

Learn something new everyday I guess....

No. Only two people I am genuinely afraid of:::bikers, gypsies.

Hungry farmer
07-29-2015, 09:59 PM
I'll meat them halfway.

Silver&Black
07-29-2015, 10:00 PM
How many trolls does mouse have?

TimDunkem
07-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Most people only go for drinks now. You would think you could get a decent burger at a quintessential American restaurant, but I guess not. Sad.

FkLA
07-29-2015, 10:07 PM
Went and got one just for the simple fact that they're $2. Thanks for bringing out my fat tendencies, OP. :tu

Thread
07-29-2015, 10:36 PM
Went and got one just for the simple fact that they're $2. Thanks for bringing out my fat tendencies, OP. :tu

Did they grudge it though, Fuck?

RD2191
07-29-2015, 10:37 PM
I like their breakfast toasters, tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
07-29-2015, 11:29 PM
Sonic burgers look like they were sat on for a minute or something, all smashed and flat.

FkLA
07-29-2015, 11:40 PM

No but it was made with Texas toast instead of burger buns and it wasn't very good.

Thread
07-30-2015, 12:07 AM
Sonic burgers look like they were sat on for a minute or something, all smashed and flat.

And always a little slimy. I don't dare life the bun though. I lifted a bun on a McDonald's rib sandwich once. Never again.

We were only married a couple years when Girl's mother came to visit. We went to Burger King one afternoon and the woman orders a cheeseburger. We get the order sit down start eating. Right away the woman starts complaining about her sandwich. "It doesn't taste right." "Something is wrong." Finally Girl reaches over and lifts the bun. Guys, there wasn't a gd burger under there. Just the cheese slice.

FkLA
07-30-2015, 12:11 AM
We were only married a couple years when Girl's mother came to visit. We went to Burger King one afternoon and the woman orders a cheeseburger. We get the order sit down start eating. Right away the woman starts complaining about her sandwich. "It doesn't taste right." "Something is wrong." Finally Girl reaches over and lifts the bun. Guys, there wasn't a gd burger under there. Just the cheese slice.

:lmao

Biernutz
07-30-2015, 01:50 AM
We stopped going to the Sonic near my house for food. The hamburgers meat patties
were cooked log before our drive up order. The meat was dry and tough. I ordered
a chili dog about 8 pm one day. the dog was not red at all. it looked a beige
color with brown ends. The dogs were probably in a steamer all day. This has happened
more than once, but the 2nd time was enough to stop all our food orders. We still
like their shakes and the blue coconut shushes.

TimDunkem
07-30-2015, 07:03 AM
This tipping shit though...Sonic is the one place I can't find justification for tipping. As BB said, you don't service the car enough and, personally, I'm leaving right away almost every time anyway. The weather does always suck here too, so big deal if you have to walk a few yards to a car for a minute at the most, and get paid shit for it. You should know what you're getting into working at a place like that.

philldafunk
07-30-2015, 08:24 AM
If you use your card there's no option to tip. I always felt that tipping was more for the people who sat and ate in their cars, becuase you'd leave your trash on the little platform under the menu and they'd obviously have to pick it up.

I don't mind the food from Sonic, I normally stick to the Toasters but sometimes I cop a SuperSonic Bacon Burger. I love the Sonic Sunrise, Cherry Limeaids, and Orange Vanilla slushes.

Thread
07-30-2015, 08:40 AM
If you use your card there's no option to tip. I always felt that tipping was more for the people who sat and ate in their cars, becuase you'd leave your trash on the little platform under the menu and they'd obviously have to pick it up.

I don't mind the food from Sonic, I normally stick to the Toasters but sometimes I cop a SuperSonic Bacon Burger. I love the Sonic Sunrise, Cherry Limeaids, and Orange Vanilla slushes.

Now I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a hobby horse.

SupremeGuy
07-30-2015, 08:55 AM

I just assumed "it's fast food" and just left.I always use my card so I didn't even know I was supposed to fucking tip. :lol Oops for the few times I've actually gone to the drive-in instead of the drive-thru.

Went and got one just for the simple fact that they're $2. Thanks for bringing out my fat tendencies, OP. :tuNo problem. :toast

mrsmaalox
07-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Small lime slush is the greatest under 300 cal snack and less than a buck at HappyHour :tu

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 09:28 AM
SS is correct here. Absolutely great point. It gets to the point where either consciously, or, subconsciously you don't want to go because the gd menu is massive. It's too much.

I wouldn't the big menu so so much if they could still make a few things well. But they are so damn inconsistent. Offering those breakfast burritos all day is a mistake too. They are crappier the later in the day it gets because you've got some kid making them after school that maybe only makes one or two a day. As opposed to someone who works early and has to make a lot of them.

And the food is so inconsistent. Even if they cook it perfect, it's going to be an average meal. And it's never cooked perfect. Shit is way greasier than it used to be and anything fried is always overdone. Used to be able to get a good burger and good onion rings. Now it's all shit.

Say what you want about Jack in the Box's menu but there are a few items on there that I like and that they seem to be able to consistently make the same way.

Sonic has taken themselves out of the game save for drinks and deserts.

DisAsTerBot
07-30-2015, 09:35 AM
people eat that shit???

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 09:43 AM
people eat that shit???

Hamburgers and fries? yeah...people eat that shit.

Nothing wrong with grabbing fast food once in a while. Can you make a better hamburger at home? Sure, but the tradeoff is the time and effort. Whataburger makes a good enough hamburger that I don't feel like it's worth it to make my own every single time.

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 09:45 AM
people eat that shit???

And I'm not usually surprised what people will eat. But this one still makes me wonder...

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/NjkmGISnO6HqVtJh0QFrCA--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9Nzc0O3E9OTU7dz03ODA-/http://comendocomosolhos.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/kfc-double-down-dog.jpg

man on wire
07-30-2015, 09:50 AM
Brown bag was the shit.

Big Dog
07-30-2015, 10:15 AM
people eat that shit???
Nothing wrong with eating this shit every now and then. Especially if it's on the fly and one is hard pressed for time. Yeah it's food. Let me guess you're one of those prententious faggots who grows everything he eats organically in a backyard garden?

mrsmaalox
07-30-2015, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't the big menu so so much if they could still make a few things well. But they are so damn inconsistent. Offering those breakfast burritos all day is a mistake too. They are crappier the later in the day it gets because you've got some kid making them after school that maybe only makes one or two a day. As opposed to someone who works early and has to make a lot of them.

And the food is so inconsistent. Even if they cook it perfect, it's going to be an average meal. And it's never cooked perfect. Shit is way greasier than it used to be and anything fried is always overdone. Used to be able to get a good burger and good onion rings. Now it's all shit.

Say what you want about Jack in the Box's menu but there are a few items on there that I like and that they seem to be able to consistently make the same way.

Sonic has taken themselves out of the game save for drinks and deserts.

I find Sonic to be very consistent----any corn dog, tater tot, fry or onion ring from any location tastes and smells like old grease. Gross.

The Gemini Method
07-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Wait, Dale was a Mongol?

SpursforSix
07-30-2015, 11:00 AM
I find Sonic to be very consistent----any corn dog, tater tot, fry or onion ring from any location tastes and smells like old grease. Gross.

Yeah. Good point. I'll give 'em that. They are very consistent now.

The Gemini Method
07-30-2015, 11:13 AM
I usually only get Sonic on the Sunday of a Las Vegas trip. Even then it usually is only a slush or the waters and an order of their chili cheese tots

DisAsTerBot
07-30-2015, 11:14 AM
Nothing wrong with eating this shit every now and then. Especially if it's on the fly and one is hard pressed for time. Yeah it's food. Let me guess you're one of those prententious faggots who grows everything he eats organically in a backyard garden?

not most, but a lot of it :tu

nothing wrong with eating crap food every now and then.....except when it tastes like shit and was assembled by teenagers.
Sorry I don't like the Pride of Oklahoma :cry

DJR210
07-30-2015, 12:24 PM
No skates no tip, high school slut

BD24
07-30-2015, 05:28 PM
No skates no tip, high school slut

RD2191
07-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Big dog going in raw on disastorfaggot.

SupremeGuy
07-30-2015, 05:44 PM
No skates no tip, high school slut:lol

Infinite_limit
07-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Never buy an item @ Fast Food for over $3

You won't get your moneys worth. The quality of 'Value Menu' items is nearly the same with a fraction of the price.

Background: Buddy and I decided between In-N-Out, 5 Guys, Georges Burgers etc. I tell him I haven't eaten a Feature Burger [$5+] at Fast Food in forever. So we decide fk it lets try at Wendys. Got 'Son of Baconator'. Not worth it.

Thread
07-30-2015, 06:06 PM

You won't get your moneys worth. The quality of 'Value Menu' items is nearly the same with a fraction of the price.

Background: Buddy and I decided between In-N-Out, 5 Guys, Georges Burgers etc. I tell him I haven't eaten a Feature Burger [$5+] at Fast Food in forever. So we decide fk it lets try at Wendys. Got 'Son of Baconator'. Not worth it.

People (Americans) still hold on to the (Big Mac) of yesteryear......that promise,,,it was at one time a premium product held in the highest regard. It was an American treasure. It was a symbol for a lot of consumers, held in different ways, but, very respected. It's difficult to give that up totally. How many times have I been disgusted by it, and swore I'd never order another one. But, a year later I'm back there ordering the thing. At 60+ it's a bucket list quest to find the quality 25 years gone & counting. Same with the Fish Filet,,,it was once-upon-a-time,,,a near delicacy in fast food,,,moist, tender, delicious. Now:::stiff, unevenly cooked, inedible. Still, I come back after year long absences searching for the forever lost, forever abandoned.

Sure, it's not life & death, but, it is most assuredly an American tragedy.

BurgerKing
07-30-2015, 06:07 PM

10 nuggets for $1.49 if you want it your way.

Infinite_limit
07-30-2015, 06:25 PM
People (Americans) still hold on to the (Big Mac) of yesteryear......that promise,,,it was at one time a premium product held in the highest regard. It was an American treasure. It was a symbol for a lot of consumers, held in different ways, but, very respected. It's difficult to give that up totally. How many times have I been disgusted by it, and swore I'd never order another one. But, a year later I'm back there ordering the thing. At 60+ it's a bucket list quest to find the quality 25 years gone & counting. Same with the Fish Filet,,,it was once-upon-a-time,,,a near delicacy in fast food,,,moist, tender, delicious. Now:::stiff, unevenly cooked, inedible. Still, I come back after year long absences searching for the forever lost, forever abandoned.

I can understand. Maybe I'm still at the age (31) where I can evolve. There has been an explosion of quality burger joints just like craft beer. One should not force themselves to eat what they did before they had options

Last time I had Big Mac was 2-for-5 deal. Felt so shitty at Work afterwards.

Infinite_limit
07-30-2015, 06:25 PM
10 nuggets for $1.49 if you want it your way.
The nuggets are so/so quality

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 06:26 PM

Big Macs sucked 25 years ago too son.

Thread
07-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Big Macs sucked 25 years ago too son.

No, you're wrong, bum.

Trill Clinton
07-30-2015, 06:40 PM
the burgers are nasty as hell but the watermelon slush and mozz stickshttp://i57.tinypic.com/ndr31k.png

Thread
07-30-2015, 07:08 PM
the burgers are nasty as hell but the watermelon slush and mozz stickshttp://i57.tinypic.com/ndr31k.png

Stopping at a fast food establishment for drinks is something I'd never do. I'll stop for a dessert,,,the apple empanadas at Taco Bell. Drive up to the speaker. "Yes, I'll have 1 soft taco and 15 apple empanadas."

Trill Clinton
07-30-2015, 07:53 PM
Stopping at a fast food establishment for drinks is something I'd never do. I'll stop for a dessert,,,the apple empanadas at Taco Bell. Drive up to the speaker. "Yes, I'll have 1 soft taco and 15 apple empanadas."

15 empanadas my g?

playjimmer
07-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Big dog going in raw on disastorfaggot.

little pup ain't doing nothing of the sort.

baseline bum
07-30-2015, 09:53 PM
No, you're wrong, bum.

They were still small patties and all bread back in the 80s. Now what was awesome that's gone now is the deep fried cherry pies.

http://i.imgur.com/tc22ys8.jpg

DJR210
07-31-2015, 12:14 AM

:lol

DJR210
07-31-2015, 12:16 AM
Sour Blue Raspberry Slush w/ Jolly Ranchers FTW.. promethazine/codeine optional

BurgerKing
07-31-2015, 04:46 AM

That's why such a good deal.

DJR210
07-31-2015, 11:13 AM

:lol what nugget is good quality? They're all bleached chicken lips and assholes.

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 11:20 AM
:lol what nugget is good quality? They're all bleached chicken lips and assholes.

That chipotle BBQ sauce at McDonalds makes it worth it though. Only good things on the menu is that shit and the chicken biscuits.

Thread
07-31-2015, 11:30 AM
That chipotle BBQ sauce at McDonalds makes it worth it though. Only good things on the menu is that shit and the chicken biscuits.

The word {biscuit} alone is cause for happiness. The anticipation of it's goodness is secondary.

DJR210
07-31-2015, 11:33 AM

I still like the Egg McMuffin's once in a long while

SpursforSix
07-31-2015, 11:34 AM

Yeah. The nuggets are basically just a crispy vehicle for a good sauce. If they forget to pack the bbq sauce, I'll put Franks on them or this wasabi sauce I've been addicted to recently. Same with their cheeseburgers now. I'll dip them in bbq or Sraracha. Nothing they serve is really good on it's own. And I'm ok with that.
Although it sucks that they are so stingy on the McRib sauce now. Of any of their meals, that one needs the most cover up help.

Thread, I've never had the Filet o Fish but can't imagine that was ever considered a treat. I don't know that I've ever even seen one ordered.

ididnotnothat
07-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Every now & then I like a big mac. Fuck it.

philldafunk
07-31-2015, 12:46 PM
I remember reading this article about how much money the fast food companies saved by not automatically giving out condiments in the drive thru or something like that.

Infinite_limit
07-31-2015, 01:22 PM

McDonalds and Wendys NON-Spicy are better quality

FkLA
07-31-2015, 01:24 PM
I remember reading this article about how much money the fast food companies saved by not automatically giving out condiments in the drive thru or something like that.

I fucking hate that shit. Ruins the meal the times you forget to ask for them, or worse when you ask and they give you like one.

philldafunk
07-31-2015, 02:28 PM
I fucking hate that shit. Ruins the meal the times you forget to ask for them, or worse when you ask and they give you like one.

Better yet, when you ask and they still forget to put it in the bag. Also I hate when they act as if you're burdoning them by asking for sauces.

AmericanWoman
07-31-2015, 03:49 PM
Chicken wraps

SupremeGuy
07-31-2015, 07:24 PM
I remember reading this article about how much money the fast food companies saved by not automatically giving out condiments in the drive thru or something like that.The only condiment worth asking for is Whataburger ketchup, tbh.

Re-Animator
08-01-2015, 08:22 PM

https://empirebenchpress.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/chicken-mcnugget-2.gif

RD2191
08-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Fuck, at sonic right now and paying with debit. Feel like a dick not tipping.

TheSonicGuy
08-19-2015, 09:29 PM

1/2 price shake time rocks.

jeebus
08-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Don't tip unless they're on skates

DJR210
08-20-2015, 12:03 AM

Do the chicks laugh at your scooter when they bring you your food?

Spurtacular
08-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Waited for ever for Sonic to come to my neighborhood. When they finally did, I had given up my burger and fries lifestyle. Haven't been to the new Sonic since they opened here about a year and a half ago.

Smart Ass
08-20-2015, 12:20 AM
Waited for ever for Sonic to come to my neighborhood. When they finally did, I had given up my burger and fries lifestyle. Haven't been to the new Sonic since they opened here about a year and a half ago.

So you tore up your man card a few years ago. Got it.

Spurtacular
08-20-2015, 12:24 AM
So you tore up your man card a few years ago. Got it.

Says the guy who could pass for the bearded woman at the circus.