PDA

View Full Version : Lebron: The Scared, Money-Hungy, Media Blowjob?

shorttotry
07-30-2015, 07:40 PM
Just pushing thoughts around here during a lull in the offseason... I know, I know, this should have been posted in another forum, but I fucking hate those guys, and could care less about their responses.

So, Lebron has the luxury of picking and choosing wherever he wants to go. Anyone, everywhere, and their grandma would love to have the guy on their side of the ball. I'm not gonna nitpick about salaries and caps... I'm just curious as to what you guys think about a "potential" GOAT consistently picking a loser conference. The guy is basically opting for a hall pass all the way to the Finals year after year after year. I don't blame him... Why not choose a guarantee to the promised land year after year, featured advertisements, and potential "legendary status" just for continuously reaching at least the Finals year after year?

So the question I put forth to you Spursfans... Is Lebron scared to compete in the beast of a Western Conference? Or is it just coincidence? :toast

HarlemHeat37
07-30-2015, 07:46 PM
It actually hurts him more than it helps him with the mainstream media and casual fans, tbh, since it leads to the silly and corny "Finals record" argument..

Ultimately, it won't matter, as long as he wins..Magic Johnson consistently went through some of the shittiest conferences in the history of the NBA(worse than the current East IIRC), but nobody remembers when they cite his ring count:lol..

DenialTwist
07-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Yes he is afraid of the western conference. Teams in the East are glad it's not as competitive. I remember there was a vote recently between the NBA owners and they wouldn't change the playoff seedings to top16 overall. It's just a shame that there are -.500 teams making the playoffs in the East. Although it was nice to see Boston make it over Miami.

BTW, did anyone see what Lebron said on twitter recently? He said the hardest defensive assignments for him are San Antonio, ATL, GSW, BOS and Miami. Interesting.

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/626179709722861568

Plum Island
07-30-2015, 07:51 PM
The guy ended up wanting to go home. Conference be damned. It's a phenomenon we're seeing more and more nowadays.
I wouldn't be surprised to see OKC decimated over the next few years by Durant going to Washington and Westbrook leaving to LA.

Players are dropping 12 million bucks so they can do what they want now.

I don't believe Lebron is scared of anything, but Kawhi guarding him and Danny Green head hunting his fast break layups.

daledondale
07-30-2015, 07:58 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/ae24f7301839c0e1b79263660a2a881e/tumblr_inline_nkenb8MszQ1qc6pyb.gif

UNT Eagles 2016
07-30-2015, 08:28 PM
It actually hurts him more than it helps him with the mainstream media and casual fans, tbh, since it leads to the silly and corny "Finals record" argument..

Ultimately, it won't matter, as long as he wins..Magic Johnson consistently went through some of the shittiest conferences in the history of the NBA(worse than the current East IIRC), but nobody remembers when they cite his ring count:lol..
correct, East was better until the early 90s (about 1991-ish). The Celtics had fierce competition from Philly, Detroit and later Chicago while there really weren't any other contenders out West in the 1980s save for the Rockets before they got busted for coke and Sampson had that career ending injury, and later the Blazers who were pretty much always perennial pretenders prior to that year they made the Finals and lost to the Pistons.

HarlemHeat37
07-30-2015, 08:32 PM
correct, East was better until the early 90s (about 1991-ish). The Celtics had fierce competition from Philly, Detroit and later Chicago while there really weren't any other contenders out West in the 1980s save for the Rockets before they got busted for coke and Sampson had that career ending injury, and later the Blazers who were pretty much always perennial pretenders prior to that year they made the Finals and lost to the Pistons.

I don't remember the year, but one of those 80s Lakers runs had the worst competition you could imagine:lol..

IIRC, they beat a 30-something win team and 2 low-40s teams to make the Finals:wow..

UNT Eagles 2016
07-30-2015, 08:46 PM
I don't remember the year, but one of those 80s Lakers runs had the worst competition you could imagine:lol..

IIRC, they beat a 30-something win team and 2 low-40s teams to make the Finals:wow..
Not too far off from the leastern conference today, a 50-win team without one of its best 2-3 players is essentially a 40 win team

Spurtacular
07-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Just pushing thoughts around here during a lull in the offseason... I know, I know, this should have been posted in another forum, but I fucking hate those guys, and could care less about their responses.

So, Lebron has the luxury of picking and choosing wherever he wants to go. Anyone, everywhere, and their grandma would love to have the guy on their side of the ball. I'm not gonna nitpick about salaries and caps... I'm just curious as to what you guys think about a "potential" GOAT consistently picking a loser conference. The guy is basically opting for a hall pass all the way to the Finals year after year after year. I don't blame him... Why not choose a guarantee to the promised land year after year, featured advertisements, and potential "legendary status" just for continuously reaching at least the Finals year after year?

So the question I put forth to you Spursfans... Is Lebron scared to compete in the beast of a Western Conference? Or is it just coincidence? :toast

Yea, Magic Johnson had a hall pass for a decade and Bird had to beat awesome teams every year to make it to the finals. But the media often touts Magic as being greater cos of his lead in rings. LBJ knows how the game is played.

Strategic
07-30-2015, 10:42 PM
The league needs James in the east. Without him over there the finals would have been a marketing nightmare for the league during his career, save Boston's year.

ismael-robert
07-30-2015, 11:27 PM
Uh Cleveland drafted him, then miami made a super team, then he went back home...hes played for two teams n both r justified...this is stupid thread r u a kid

ceperez
07-30-2015, 11:30 PM
Let's be honest about winning the championship. The stars have absolutely got to align for a team to win it.

Just look at the Miami Heat with the big 3. They lost the first time. The second time they one. They almost lost the third time (saved by Ray Allen). They got blown away in the 4th one. However, the big three were virtually injury free throughout that entire time.

Goldenstate, well, they didn't have to meet the Spurs.

Spurs had the same team last year that could have won it all if not for the injuries. If Spurs were in the finals without injuries, they would have easily taken care of the Cavs.

So you absolutely cannot blame James for picking the eastern conference. A conference that guarantees he gets to the finals every year. It's all about improving your odds. Cavs had next to zero chance of winning the finals with the kind of injuries that they had. There is an element of luck that you can't control. So given that he can control going to east or west, then it would be stupid for him to pick to go to the west.

It's not about being scared, it's about being logical.

ceperez
07-30-2015, 11:33 PM

Yeah, that's absolutely right. Lakers were a guaranteed walk in the park into the finals, but in the east it was like Boston and Philadelphia had epic battles just to make it to the finals.

Cloud786
07-30-2015, 11:45 PM

1st Round: Denver Nuggets (37-45)
2nd Round: Golden State Warriors (42-40)
Conf Finals: Seattle Supersonics (39-43)

The best team they faced was a game over .500 :lol

Easiest path to a Finals you will ever see :lol

Cloud786
07-30-2015, 11:49 PM

Silver&Black
07-31-2015, 12:05 AM
I wish the Spurs played in the East tbqh...

Spurtacular
07-31-2015, 12:07 AM
The league needs James in the east. Without him over there the finals would have been a marketing nightmare for the league during his career, save Boston's year.

If James was in the West, the league would take the mixed conference seedings more seriously.

spursistan
07-31-2015, 03:26 AM
Looking back at his career, Lebron's would have probably rang a couple more times between 2006-2010 had he had a coach of Phil/Pop pedigree and slightly better supporting cast in Cleveland..He just never had that guiding authoritative figure early on and still doesn't....Even with current state of the East, I just think it's impossible for him to go an on MJ-type second 3-peat run: he's got way too many mileage ad the West is simply too stacked at the top...

tatteredprince
07-31-2015, 08:34 AM
Rodman, the defensive god, would cream the ass of the dead king james

but no, let's leave it to Pippen like Rodman says, thats how contemptuous he is of James

Lebron, the athletic small forward who coudnt shoot the ball

what chance would he have against Isaiah Thomas' Pistons?? zero, lol

Brian Windhorst
07-31-2015, 08:46 AM
The only West team that could possibly have any legit pull is currently stuck under an albatross of a $48m contract and coached by one of the Klumps. To be the GOAT Lebron knows he needs storylines and human interest pieces, and both MIA and CLE offer him that + day to day control of their rosters to get all of his ringchasing friends contracts. If he went to Utah tomorrow and had his best years there, no one would really give a shit to the extent that the whole media has his balls down its throat now. Media markets just do that. A year ago if you'd said that Westbrook was far better than Melo, any casual fan would've laughed in your face.

TheDoctor
07-31-2015, 08:52 AM
Uh Cleveland drafted him, then miami made a super team, then he went back home...hes played for two teams n both r justified...this is stupid thread r u a kid

HarlemHeat37
07-31-2015, 02:05 PM
1st Round: Denver Nuggets (37-45)
2nd Round: Golden State Warriors (42-40)
Conf Finals: Seattle Supersonics (39-43)

The best team they faced was a game over .500 :lol

Easiest path to a Finals you will ever see :lol

Ya that's even worse than I remembered, wow..

dweaver99027
07-31-2015, 03:26 PM
1st time he was drafted by an East team. 2nd time he went to play with his best bud. 3rd time he went back to his home state after being basically being offered the first ever player/GM/coach job in NBA history. I doubt being in the East had much to do with any of his stints.

shorttotry
07-31-2015, 05:39 PM

So all the talk about how James couldn't ring without joining the "super friends" squad in MIA is now out the window? I still consider it a chicken-shit move on his part. Oh, and returning home?? Yeah, to join a new group of super friends in Love and Irving. Not faulting the guy, but it's pretty obvious he does (and has a proven history of doing) what he thinks will give him the best chance (and easiest path) to the Finals and a ring.

dweaver99027
07-31-2015, 05:43 PM
So, last summer, if Silver had just moved the Cavs to the West, Lebron wouldn't join them?

UNT Eagles 2016
07-31-2015, 09:04 PM
Based on the eye test... you're the 13 year old in this situation. Actually, a 13 year old from 2007. I thought T9Word on cell phones was a thing of the past?

Spurtacular
07-31-2015, 09:16 PM
A year ago if you'd said that Westbrook was far better than Melo, any casual fan would've laughed in your face.

Nobody takes Melo seriously anyhow.

Spurtacular
07-31-2015, 09:35 PM
So, last summer, if Silver had just moved the Cavs to the West, Lebron wouldn't join them?

What about Lebron's history would make you think that Lebron's about the challenge more than the bling?

http://a6techlab.weebly.com/uploads/3/2/0/9/32099725/4032535_orig.png

dweaver99027
07-31-2015, 11:09 PM
He's not. Because he's not stupid, and this is not a Hollywood script. Easy road to the Finals matters for him and every FA. This does not mean that a western team would be a deal-breaker no matter what. His only real option to go west was in 2010 and he chose to form a superteam with his buddy, conferences be damned.

Spurtacular
08-01-2015, 02:16 AM
He's not. Because he's not stupid, and this is not a Hollywood script. Easy road to the Finals matters for him and every FA. This does not mean that a western team would be a deal-breaker no matter what. His only real option to go west was in 2010 and he chose to form a superteam with his buddy, conferences be damned.

Actually, that's exactly what it means. EC has been the way easier conference since LBJ has been in the league. He knows this first hand. The WC has never been a (realistic) option. But to throw you a bone, LBJ may have at least looked at some WC teams very slightly (not seriously) at points in free agency.

dweaver99027
08-01-2015, 03:21 AM
Well, none of us resides in LBJ's head, thanfully, so we can only surmise. Like I said before, a Cavs to the west realignment in 2014 would not deter him from going back there, being between an aging Riley led eastern team and his hometown western team where he's the defacto GM. I guess we agree to disagree on that.

Spurtacular
08-01-2015, 04:12 AM
Well, none of us resides in LBJ's head, thanfully, so we can only surmise. Like I said before, a Cavs to the west realignment in 2014 would not deter him from going back there, being between an aging Riley led eastern team and his hometown western team where he's the defacto GM. I guess we agree to disagree on that.

He's not a hard read. Cash, fame and glory are his very concrete bottom line. When you understand that, you don't need to really be in his head to understand the thought process. As such, a Cavs to the west realignment absolutely would have prohibited him from going to the Cavs. He would have went to any other team in the East before he went to the Cavs. Having a perennial cakewalk to the finals as opposed to having to compete in four very losable knockdown drag-out series is a no-brainer.

dweaver99027
08-01-2015, 04:25 AM
Bailing out on the Heat after a disappointing loss in 2014 and going somewhere other than Cleveland? No way LBJ submits himself to more mainstream hate. His only real chance to join a western team was 2010 , and he chose Wade.

Spurtacular
08-01-2015, 04:33 AM
Bailing out on the Heat after a disappointing loss in 2014 and going somewhere other than Cleveland? No way LBJ submits himself to more mainstream hate. His only real chance to join a western team was 2010 , and he chose Wade.

I didn't say that he would have or wouldn't have bailed on the Heat in that scenario; just that a WC Cavs signing wouldn't have been an option. But he would have went to whatever team offered him the greatest chance for success (money/glory/accolades). That could've been Chicago; or he may have went back to the Heat. The point is it's not about loyalty or challenge or whatever. But EC Cleveland was a no brainer b/c they had the ability to be top dog in the East right away and for years to come; and he got greater personnel control; and he gets to "redeem" himself and gets the bonus story line of breaking the Cleveland curse and hometown kid makes good and yadda yadda.

dweaver99027
08-01-2015, 04:39 AM
Sure, it was the perfect opportunity and his management team spun the narrative well. We agree on that. I'm saying that he would choose to go back even in a less than perfect scenario ( Cavs in the West). And that he'd never leave Miami for Chicago or any other team besides Cleveland , East or West.

Spurtacular
08-01-2015, 04:45 AM
Sure, it was the perfect opportunity and his management team spun the narrative well. We agree on that. I'm saying that he would choose to go back even in a less than perfect scenario ( Cavs in the West). And that he'd never leave Miami for Chicago or any other team besides Cleveland , East or West.

Well, the media (who was bitter about their basketball universe transferring from South Beach to sh*t town) actually called LBJ out on that. But whenever (if) he wins a championship with Cleveland, they'll put that behind them and spin that narrative for James b/c it's in their interest to do so.

I don't get why you're saying LBJ wouldn't leave Miami. They had just got decimated. Wade was getting older. LBJ doesn't even like Bosh. He began to resent his presence. With LBJ, they weren't even going to likely be better than Indy before George broke his leg. The writing was on the wall for LBJ to leave Miami. If Cleveland's not on the table, then Miami would have been more of an option. But Chicago would have been a better option cos they had more pieces. Even the Knicks may have been a better option than Miami, tbh.

dweaver99027
08-01-2015, 04:56 AM
We both agree that LBJ is very media sensitive. Bailing out on a second franchise the moment things start to look bleak to join a third is not something he can easily spin to his advantage as a narrative. His brand would take a hit. Cleveland was his perfect getaway from the Riley regime.

Spurtacular
08-01-2015, 05:00 AM
We both agree that LBJ is very media sensitive. Bailing out on a second franchise the moment things start to look bleak to join a third is not something he can easily spin to his advantage as a narrative. His brand would take a hit. Cleveland was his perfect getaway from the Riley regime.

I can see that; and if Lebron thought that Miami could stay on the top, then maybe that's the over-riding factor. But after having just got destroyed by the Spurs, I have to wonder if LBJ didn't think it was the end of the road for the Heat regardless.

dweaver99027
08-01-2015, 05:03 AM
Oh, I can bet he was thinking that. Plus Riley didn't cede control of the Heat facilities to him and his posse. I wager he would still stay there, though, had Cleveland not become an option.

Spurtacular
08-01-2015, 05:36 AM
Oh, I can bet he was thinking that. Plus Riley didn't cede control of the Heat facilities to him and his posse. I wager he would still stay there, though, had Cleveland not become an option.

Why would Lebron stay on a team that he doesn't think can win a championship? I think even with Cleveland out of the picture, it was a low percent chance he stayed in Miami. Yes, he takes hits in the media every time he leaves a team; but his m.o. is not loyalty; it's competing for rings.

dweaver99027
08-01-2015, 05:41 AM
I doubt he believed he wouldn't win again in Miami, maybe not in 2015, but he'd get a reloaded roster eventually. I think he just wanted to basically run his own team, which is what the Cavs offered him.

Spurtacular
08-01-2015, 01:09 PM
I doubt he believed he wouldn't win again in Miami, maybe not in 2015, but he'd get a reloaded roster eventually. I think he just wanted to basically run his own team, which is what the Cavs offered him.

Reloaded how? They were up against it cap wise and weren't going to be bringing anyone in of great noteworthiness. And the Heat were only getting older and more depleted in upcoming years. And I don't think Lebron has much patience for being on a team that will not be a realistic contender even for a season. If there's an exception to that rule, it's NY and not Miami. Reason being the great marketing potential; he literally can make tens of millions more in a year; also, the Knicks can spend much more.

dweaver99027
08-01-2015, 01:30 PM
The 2014 Heat coming back as-is would still make the Finals, at the least. I doubt LBJ would ever go to dysfunctional NY or Jordantown Chicago, for reasons stated in my previous posts.

ismael-robert
08-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Does he always want to be on a superteam, yea probably after years of failing with the cavs but that was as much management not being able to put a suitable team around him. So is he afraid of west, no, does he wanna be on a team with two other superstars to win, yes cause that appears to be the recipe today...a big three. I thought that guy saying i looked like a kid then saying i was using a way of typing from the past was funny, he basically contadicted himself n confirmed my age lol. I short type cause im on a cell n because im older i don't got time or care for grammar/semantics, hence my low post count

Spurtacular
08-01-2015, 02:10 PM
The 2014 Heat coming back as-is would still make the Finals, at the least. I doubt LBJ would ever go to dysfunctional NY or Jordantown Chicago, for reasons stated in my previous posts.

I agree. But the Heat would have lost the finals. And that's based on before the Paul George injury. I don't think LBJ even saw that Heat team beating Indy, tbh. With Cleveland, LBJ had some belief that the Cavs could be good enough to win a championship even if it was only maybe a a 2 or 3 in 10 chance.

I don't think LBJ had problems going to Chicago or NY. He just had a better opportunity with Cleveland is all.

dweaver99027
08-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Maybe so. I'd rather just watch Lebron play than psychoanalyze him, anyway. I can just imagine him in the Spurs system and drool. If he wanted to come here he' have at least 5 titles from 2014 - 2022. And we would have made space for him. Not his entourage though, heh.

Spurtacular
08-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Maybe so. I'd rather just watch Lebron play than psychoanalyze him, anyway. I can just imagine him in the Spurs system and drool. If he wanted to come here he' have at least 5 titles from 2014 - 2022. And we would have made space for him. Not his entourage though, heh.

Not about psychoanlayzing him really. He's stated his goal of becoming a billionairre. What he does is to that end. It's not about talking to his family and being happy and all the BS he claims. Frankly, this is why people like rooting against him. They know he's a phony.

shorttotry
08-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Does he always want to be on a superteam, yea probably after years of failing with the cavs but that was as much management not being able to put a suitable team around him. So is he afraid of west, no, does he wanna be on a team with two other superstars to win, yes cause that appears to be the recipe today...a big three. I thought that guy saying i looked like a kid then saying i was using a way of typing from the past was funny, he basically contadicted himself n confirmed my age lol. I short type cause im on a cell n because im older i don't got time or care for grammar/semantics, hence my low post count

You are a retarded kid. Learn how to spell, then we can have big boy talks.

Thread
08-02-2015, 10:16 AM
You are a retarded kid. Learn how to spell, then we can have big boy talks.

We don't do the spelling indictment down here, shorts. You'd know that if you hadn't waited upstairs till your got your 2nd 5th.

DMC
08-02-2015, 10:38 AM

Option C: You're an idiot.

Kidd K
08-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Yes he is afraid of the western conference. Teams in the East are glad it's not as competitive. I remember there was a vote recently between the NBA owners and they wouldn't change the playoff seedings to top16 overall. It's just a shame that there are -.500 teams making the playoffs in the East. Although it was nice to see Boston make it over Miami.

BTW, did anyone see what Lebron said on twitter recently? He said the hardest defensive assignments for him are San Antonio, ATL, GSW, BOS and Miami. Interesting.

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/626179709722861568

The only surprise on that list is Boston. I think he's lying about Miami too to fluff up his ex team, which ofc doesn't surprise me.

But yeah, vs SA if you're a good 1v1 defender it doesn't mean much since practically the entire team can score efficiently.

ambchang
08-02-2015, 03:08 PM

Those Harper Mavs, Fat lever nuggets and Sampson rockets were better than any of the non Cavs/heat teams of the last few years.

JoeTait75
08-02-2015, 04:13 PM
If LeBron has stacked the deck with his last couple of teams he's just making up for the fact that he initially got drafted by one of the worst franchises in all of professional sports. He started out in a worse situation than any of the recent GOAT candidates, including MJ. He didn't have the option of staying "loyal" and waiting the championships to start rolling in. If he'd stayed in Cleveland in 2010 he'd still be ringless, imo.

Will Hunting
08-02-2015, 04:26 PM
This thread is one of the bigger GNSF circle jerks I've seen in awhile.