PDA

View Full Version : How Congress turned on the DEA and embraced weed.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-31-2015, 04:24 PM
In short, April was a bad month for the DEA; May was historically bad; but June was arguably the DEA’s worst month since Colorado went legal 18 months ago—a turn of events that was easy to miss with the news crammed with tragic shootings, Confederate flags, Obamacare, gay marriage, a papal encyclical and the Greece-Euro drama. July hasn’t been any different, with the legalization movement only gaining steam in both chambers of Congress.
The string of setbacks, cuts and handcuffs for the DEA potentially signals a new era for the once untouchable law enforcement agency—a sign that the national reconsideration of drug policy might engulf and fundamentally alter DEA’s mission.

“The DEA is no longer sacrosanct,” Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) tells Politico.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/07/dea-marijuana-120674.html#ixzz3hVT16NDl

Clipper Nation
07-31-2015, 04:30 PM
And now, a bunch of ignored posts (that Fuzzy will still read), because he can't handle dissenting views.

DarrinS
07-31-2015, 04:52 PM
And now, a bunch of ignored posts (that Fuzzy will still read), because he can't handle dissenting views.

Spurminator
07-31-2015, 04:56 PM
I dunno, Fuzzy typically engages when his views are challenged, unlike some hit-and-run posters in here.

Big Dog
07-31-2015, 04:59 PM
The OP is a loser pothead who embraces this news.

Clipper Nation
07-31-2015, 05:01 PM
I dunno, Fuzzy typically engages when his views are challenged, unlike some hit-and-run posters in here.

SocialJusticeWarrior
Listen and Believe.
This message is hidden because SocialJusticeWarrior is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

KingsGurl
Believe.
This message is hidden because KingsGurl is on your ignore list.
View Post

Sorry, grandma.

34 Minutes Ago
KingsFanWithoutName
Believe.
This message is hidden because KingsFanWithoutName is on your ignore list.
View Post
View Post
34 Minutes Ago
KingsFanWithoutName
Believe.
View Post
View Post
33 Minutes Ago
KingsFanWithoutName
Believe.
View Post
View Post
33 Minutes Ago
KingsFanWithoutName
Believe.
View Post
View Post
33 Minutes Ago
KingsFanWithoutName
Believe.
View Post
View Post
33 Minutes Ago
KingsFanWithoutName
Believe.
View Post
View Post
32 Minutes Ago
KingsFanWithoutName
Believe.
View Post
View Post
32 Minutes Ago
KingsFanWithoutName
Believe.
View Post

:lol I told you last I got that one last time, dimwit. Try again.

spurraider21
Savvy Veteran
This message is hidden because spurraider21 is on your ignore list.
View Post

Different one. No I don't think your TSA.
:lol "Fuzzy usually engages"

Spurminator
07-31-2015, 05:04 PM
Well, yeah, when you guys get into your stupid monkey circle jerk pile-ons, that's typically where it goes. Not really the same as challenging his views.

Big Dog
07-31-2015, 05:06 PM
Well, yeah, when you guys get into your stupid monkey circle jerk pile-ons, that's typically where it goes. Not really the same as challenging his views.
Since you're here white-knighting the fuck out of one of your fellow libtards, what views has Fuzzy expressed ITT?..

Spurminator
07-31-2015, 05:15 PM
Since you're here white-knighting the fuck out of one of your fellow libtards, what views has Fuzzy expressed ITT?..

:lol

Look, I'm sorry I insulted y'all's boy. I'm sure he appreciates your support. Happy circle jerking, I can't wait to see what clever cuckery jokes you guys will come up with.

CosmicCowboy
07-31-2015, 05:15 PM
I love the Colorado model. Lets legalize it in Texas, tax the shit out of it while still undercutting the cartels price, and only sell "grown in Texas" pot. Put those fucking aggies to work creating "super pot" instead of breeding fucking jalapenos that aren't hot.

Trill Clinton
07-31-2015, 05:19 PM
I love the Colorado model. Lets legalize it in Texas, tax the shit out of it while still undercutting the cartels price, and only sell "grown in Texas" pot. Put those fucking aggies to work creating "super pot" instead of breeding fucking jalapenos that aren't hot.

:tu

Wild Cobra
07-31-2015, 05:41 PM
The OP is a loser pothead who embraces this news.
I don't know. Pot would probably mellow him. I don't know much about the effects of recreational drugs, but I suspect he;s a heavy crack user, along with some stronger hallucinogen, like LSD.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2015, 05:42 PM
Pot by Monsanto.

That would drive Boutons crazy!

Quetzal-X
07-31-2015, 05:47 PM
This nigga on point.

spurraider21
07-31-2015, 05:55 PM
" i hope they legalize pot, just so potheads have nothing to talk about anymore"

-tosh

Trill Clinton
07-31-2015, 06:05 PM
This nigga on point.

yea that nigga cosmic made some sense.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-31-2015, 06:12 PM
Self delusion is important to trollface apparently. I just gave you my reasoning. I know you see the dynamic too. I do hit the view ignored button from time to time but the benefits when your in meltdown like this are much more rewarding. You have other accounts. You can talk to me but it comes at a cost.

Clipper Nation
07-31-2015, 06:14 PM
:lol

Look, I'm sorry I insulted y'all's boy. I'm sure he appreciates your support. Happy circle jerking, I can't wait to see what clever cuckery jokes you guys will come up with.
:cry Multiple people can't disagree with liberal propaganda, it must be a circlejerk! :cry

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 06:24 PM
Self delusion is important to trollface apparently. I just gave you my reasoning. I know you see the dynamic too. I do hit the view ignored button from time to time but the benefits when your in meltdown like this are much more rewarding. You have other accounts. You can talk to me but it comes at a cost.
:lmao from time to time :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 06:26 PM
:lmao I'm putting everyone on ignore but you guys are melting down :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 06:28 PM
:lmao you can talk to me but it comes at a cost...of entering a different username and password :lmao

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 06:32 PM

I don't think we have the climate to fuck with the best Cali weed tbh. All that shit grown around the Redwoods up near Oregon murders the shit from Texas.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
07-31-2015, 06:32 PM
“The DEA is no longer sacrosanct,” Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) tells Politico.

http://i.imgur.com/etNsTts.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
07-31-2015, 06:36 PM
I don't think we have the climate to fuck with the best Cali weed tbh. All that shit grown around the Redwoods up near Oregon murders the shit from Texas.
Could always just take the clones and grow indoors.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-31-2015, 06:39 PM

Drip or wick irrigation with climate control. You really have to treat soil and jump through hoops to get similar results dirt farming.

Big Dog
07-31-2015, 06:43 PM
Hey Fuzzy, what cartoon is that in your avatar?

Wild Cobra
07-31-2015, 06:45 PM

Yep.

It's pretty hard to match the stuff we have.

baseline bum
07-31-2015, 06:53 PM
Could always just take the clones and grow indoors.

Drip or wick irrigation with climate control. You really have to treat soil and jump through hoops to get similar results dirt farming.

Sounds too expensive for Monsanto to adopt though, they'd probably just flood the market with red hair tbh

boutons_deux
07-31-2015, 07:05 PM
Obama should move mj OFF the DEA schedule, just like alcohol and DEADLY tobacco are off it, both of which are responsible for 100Ks of deaths PER YEAR, and $Bs in health care.

Spurminator
07-31-2015, 07:08 PM
:cry Multiple people can't disagree with liberal propaganda, it must be a circlejerk!

Bruh you know the difference between discussing politics and circlejerking.

TeyshaBlue
07-31-2015, 07:51 PM

Word.

boutons_deux
07-31-2015, 09:42 PM
You'll Never Believe What Drug a Major Federal Health Official Called 'Safe' with 'No Addictive Effects'

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/nida-head-calls-cannabidiol-safe-drug

boutons_deux
08-23-2015, 09:26 PM
The U.S. Government’s Department of Health Finally Admits That Marijuana Kills Cancer

It is little surprise that for a couple of decades at the direction of the multi-national pharmaceutical industry, and more recently the for-profit prison and law enforcement industry, the federal government and National Institutes of Health (NIH) have concealed a highly effective and completely natural remedy and relief for cancer. In just the past two weeks, the federal government and NIH have quietly confirmed that cannabis (marijuana) is very effective at killing cancer cells without harming healthy cells like radiation and chemotherapy. In fact, on the NIH website (http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/cannabis-pdq/#link/_13) devoted to the hideous disease, Cancer.gov, they published the truth about marijuana and its effectiveness at combatting cancer in a stunning reversal of over four decades of deliberate fear-mongering and propaganda portraying the common weed as dangerous; all to satisfy the greed of the pharmaceutical industry, prison system, and law enforcement agencies at the local, state, and federal level.

What is even more encouraging is that although the NIH has known for a long time, with mountains of empirical evidence, that the compounds in marijuana, cannabinoids (delta-9 THC and cannabidiol [CBD]), are effective at killing cancer cells, they have discovered (http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/scientists-reveal-how-thc--found-in-cannabis--could-slow-cancer-tumour-growth-9605219.html) how it happens. After preaching since the 1970s that marijuana had absolutely no medicinal effect or value for human beings, and putting the weed in the same classification as heroin, the Department of Health’s National Cancer Institute is now “advising that cannabinoids are useful in treating cancer and its side effects by smoking, eating it in a baked product, drinking herbal teas, or even spraying it under the tongue.” The U.S. Department of Health also made a partial list of other highly-beneficial medicinal uses of marijuana such as reducing anti-inflammatory activity, blocking cancerous cell growth, relieving muscle spasms in multiple sclerosis sufferers, as an effective anti-viral agent, an anti-bacterial and preventing the growth of blood vessels that supply tumors.

Some of the other NIH studies have shown that cannabinoids reduce the risk of colon cancer, and are effective in its treatment. One study revealed that delta-9-THC killed or damaged hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer), and killed cancer molecules in “non-small cell lung and breast cancer cells.” One specific study of cannabidiol (CBD) in estrogen receptors showed “it caused cancer cell death while having no effect on normal, healthy breast cells.” Even in advanced cancer stages where it was not diagnosed early, when given as a supplement with chemotherapy, CBD and THC greatly enhance the effectiveness of chemotherapy as well as restoring appetite and relieving nausea.

Obviously with cancer as a major killer of Americans, its treatment is big business and even bigger money for the pharmaceutical industry and “treatment centers.” As many people have rightly suspected for years, the cure for cancer, or even a more effective and less-stressful treatment regimen, has been held hostage by powerful entities just so the pharmaceutical and hospital industry can continue to raking in hundreds-of-billions of dollars a year to “fight the disease” with radiation, pills, and numerous and endless surgical procedures. For example, on its own, the National Cancer Institute has taken in and spent over $90 billion allegedly trying to find a cure for cancer. The abomination is that the organization knew all along that a profuse amount of well-documented scientific studies proved that a 3,000 year-old “medicinal weed” any American could grow in their garden was effectively killing cancer cells, shrinking malignant tumors, and relieving the effects of the disease. Cannabis is also proven to reduce opioid (painkiller) usage by an average of 47% that drug companies could not allow to become common knowledge. It is likely why the reports that the NIH, Health Department, and National Cancer Center began advising of the weed’s benefits was only in British media, but not America.

There was hardly any reporting in June that President Obamaeased (http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/29/president-obamas-big-step-expedite-medicinal-marijuana-research.html) restrictions on further and more comprehensive cannabis research by eliminating a major roadblock to open up substantial research on the weed’s medical value when it removed “additional review” of the Public Health Service (PHS). The last thing (http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/05/marijuana-illegal-major-source-funding-law-enforcement.html) the law enforcement and highly-profitable prison industry wanted was for marijuana’s medicinal value to become public knowledge and face public pressure to decriminalize the weed. There is too much money in incarcerating Americans for using a weed for recreation that may also relieve a plethora of infirmities. As much as the pharmaceutical industrial complex wants to continue getting extremely rich off of slowly killing cancer patients with ineffective and expensive treatments, the law enforcement industry thrives on the continued criminalization of a common weed.

What is appalling really, especially for those who have witnessed or experienced firsthand the horrible suffering of cancer patients, is that there have been several scientific studies over the past twenty years, at least, that produced empirical data proving the effectiveness of cannabinoids in killing cancer. Still, because there is huge money in perpetuating the disease with ineffective drugs, fraudulent treatment centers, and manufacturing radiological machines it took until this past April for the United States government’s National Institute on Drug Abuse to revise their publications and admit the many, many benefits of cannabis for medicinal use.

It is likely that every American in this country has known, or lost, a loved one to the horrid disease and it is absolutely despicable, and frankly evil, that the medical industry helped keep an incredibly inexpensive and highly-effective cancer-killing drug out of reach. It is unclear who in government is responsible for helping conceal the now-proven medicinal benefits of weed, or who in government revealed that for at least a decade the National Institutes of Health and Department of Health have known that instead of being a “dangerous drug” like heroin, marijuana kills cancer cells and dog forbid may put a smile on a cancer patient’s face. Marijuana may not be a miracle drug, but with every new revelation that it does so much more than make a user hungry, tired or laugh it is easy to comprehend why every American is not growing and benefitting from its incredible health benefits; keeping it illegal is making the pharmaceutical industrial complex and prison industry incredibly rich while people are suffering and dying.

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/08/23/u-s-governments-department-health-finally-admits-marijuana-kills-cancer.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politi cus+USA+%29

Will Obama use his Executive power to move mj from Sched 1 completely off schedule, like lethal tobacco and pathogenic alcohol?

boutons_deux
08-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Marijuana Price Jumps 14% to $1,942
http://247wallst.com/consumer-products/2015/08/22/marijuana-price-jumps-14-to-1942/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2FRyNm+%2824%2F7+Wall +St.%29

even more expensive that Starbucks coffee pods!

boutons_deux
09-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Ohio may muck up marijuana legalization—here’s how. (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/04/1418213/-Ohio-may-muck-up-marijuana-legalization-here-s-how)

Currently, there are two competing proposals in Ohio that could dictate the process for marijuana legalization in the state if either is enacted.The problem is one could be very bad for the state, and it’s the one on the ballot this year.

Responsible Ohio (http://yeson3ohio.com/) has a proposal which will be on the November 2015 ballot. This proposal is a seriously flawed law which would effectively create a monopoly (http://www.businessinsider.com/ohio-voting-on-legalizing-weed-2015-8) on the marijuana industry controlled by a few wealthy investors (http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/09/02/investors-in-legal-pot-are-diverse-lot.html) who are fueling the campaign, to the tune of $20 million dollars.

The proposal would allow recreational and medical marijuana in Ohio. The most controversial aspect of the proposal is that the plan would limit marijuana cultivation to only 10 grow sites in the state and those grow sites have already been promised to—you guessed it—the wealthy investors who have ponied up to run this $20 million dollar campaign. This law will further line the pockets of the investors and shut out competition from other enterprising individuals who would want to break into the burgeoning market of marijuana products.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/04/1418213/-Ohio-may-muck-up-marijuana-legalization-here-s-how?detail=email#

Freedom! "free markets"!

boutons_deux
12-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Congress Unveils 2016 Omnibus Spending Bill, Reauthorizes Marijuana Protections

two of these provisions have been included in the omnibus appropriations bill.

One measure prevents the Department of Justice and the Drug Enforcement Administration from spending money to interfere with the implementation of state medical marijuana laws.

The other measure prevents the Department of Justice and the Drug Enforcement Administration from spending money to interfere with the implementation of state industrial hemp research programs.

Both measures were initially passed by Congress in 2015, but required reauthorization to extend into 2016.

http://blog.norml.org/2015/12/16/congress-unveils-2016-omnibus-spending-bill-reauthorizes-marijuana-protections/

Somewhere I read that the bill allows medical marijuana research, but can't find it.

boutons_deux
12-17-2015, 10:55 PM
WH going to bat for CO

White House asks Supreme Court to reject states’ attempt to block Colorado marijuana law

President Barack Obama’s administration asked the U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday to throw out a lawsuit filed by Oklahoma and Nebraska seeking to block Colorado’s voter-approved law legalizing recreational marijuana use by adults.In their challenge to Colorado’s law, filed in December 2014, Nebraska and Oklahoma said marijuana is being smuggled across their borders and that drugs threaten the health and safety of children.

Nebraska and Oklahoma noted that marijuana remains illegal under federal law and said Colorado has created “a dangerous gap” in the federal drug control system.

Oklahoma and Nebraska’s lawsuit was filed under a rarely used Supreme Court process, known as “original jurisdiction,” in which the justices hear disputes between states that have not first been handled by lower courts.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/white-house-asks-supreme-court-to-reject-states-attempt-to-block-colorado-marijuana-law/

FuzzyLumpkins
12-17-2015, 11:28 PM
WH going to bat for CO

White House asks Supreme Court to reject states’ attempt to block Colorado marijuana law

President Barack Obama’s administration asked the U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday to throw out a lawsuit filed by Oklahoma and Nebraska seeking to block Colorado’s voter-approved law legalizing recreational marijuana use by adults.In their challenge to Colorado’s law, filed in December 2014, Nebraska and Oklahoma said marijuana is being smuggled across their borders and that drugs threaten the health and safety of children.

Nebraska and Oklahoma noted that marijuana remains illegal under federal law and said Colorado has created “a dangerous gap” in the federal drug control system.

Oklahoma and Nebraska’s lawsuit was filed under a rarely used Supreme Court process, known as “original jurisdiction,” in which the justices hear disputes between states that have not first been handled by lower courts.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/white-house-asks-supreme-court-to-reject-states-attempt-to-block-colorado-marijuana-law/

This doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing particularly if Colrado actually argues against the truth of the scheduling of the plant. I like Justice Roberts in that he is a principled literalist and somewhat easy to predict. I could easily see him say that the schedule calls for things that have no medicinal yada yada and overturn that law on that level. Scalia and Thomas are the only ones I'd be certain to be against it. Kennedy would be on the good side.

Maybe a dem appointment has some point of contention but I don't see it.

TheSanityAnnex
12-18-2015, 01:36 AM
WH going to bat for CO

Do you do the marijuana?

boutons_deux
12-18-2015, 07:45 AM
Do you do the marijuana?

no, I live in the TX

boutons_deux
12-18-2015, 08:00 AM
Lawmakers demand acting DEA chief's ouster after he calls medical marijuana 'a joke'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/20/lawmakers-demand-acting-dea-chiefs-ouster-after-calls-medical-marijuana-joke.html

=====

"The 1970 Controlled Substances Act, which created five tiers of restricted drugs, says (http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/21usc/811.htm) the attorney general may "remove any drug or other substance from the schedules if he finds that the drug or other substance does not meet the requirements for inclusion in any schedule."

If a substance is banned by international treaties – as marijuana is – the law grants the attorney general the power to place it "under the schedule he deems most appropriate." "

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/01/31/obama-confused-about-power-to-reschedule-pot-advocates-say

mj should be approved by FDA for medical purposes so it can be covered by health insurance.

mj should be legalized to remove a tool used viciously by police to criminalize poor people, blacks, browns, destroy people's job opportunities, just to pad their dept revenues, give a pretext for civil forfeiture, and make their arrest quotas.

$1800 per ounce for a fucking weed? Thanks, Harry Anslinger

Obama/DoJ on his own could reschedule mj or even removed it from DEA schedule (and put the infinitely more pathogenic, destructive, mortal tobacco and alcohol on DEA schedule)