PDA

View Full Version : Gorgui Dieng: Would he suit the Spurs?

tatteredprince
08-01-2015, 10:47 AM
nice to watch Gorgui Dieng playing his heart out with Pop

would he suit our system?

comments?

exstatic
08-01-2015, 10:51 AM
No. He's a classic defensive shotblocker with almost no NBA offensive skills. Not Pop style big.

BD24
08-01-2015, 10:55 AM
As a Lville fan I would love to get Gorgui. We need a shotblocker in the paint, he could be that guy. He is just a freak on the defensive end, of course he has very little offensive ability. He would be great in a bench role, not as a starter though.

dweaver99027
08-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Agreed. Good as a 25 mpg starter, fits well with LMA. A developed Milutinov would be the perfect 20 mpg backup.

RD2191
08-01-2015, 11:01 AM
OP is a faggot.

exstatic
08-01-2015, 11:02 AM
As a Lville fan I would love to get Gorgui. We need a shotblocker in the paint, he could be that guy. He is just a freak on the defensive end, of course he has very little offensive ability. He would be great in a bench role, not as a starter though.

He'll make far too much money from some other team to ever play off the bench for the Spurs.

BD24
08-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Agreed. Good as a 25 mpg starter, fits well with LMA. A developed Milutinov would be the perfect 20 mpg backup.
Actually I do like the idea of him as a 25 mpg starter when Duncan leaves, I was thinking in terms of now. I agree though, LMA and him would be a very good pairing. Can you imagine the defense with DG and Kawhi on the wings with Gorgui behind them :wow

Chinook
08-01-2015, 11:07 AM
No. He's a classic defensive shotblocker with almost no NBA offensive skills. Not Pop style big.

It's actually the opposite. Dude has a pretty nice offensive game, but he gets lost on defense aside from occasional blocks. He's a decent shooter and very good passer. I wouldn't hate him as a backup center, but he doesn't seem like a solution next to LMA or anything like that.

dweaver99027
08-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Indeed. Spurs have not had a minute-eating shotblocking C since prime TD. The problem with these types of bigs though, is that they usually suck at ball moving and catching passes. A shotblocker 7 footer with hops and Oberto's offensive skillset would be the perfect Spurs C.

tatteredprince
08-01-2015, 11:19 AM
OP is a faggot.

Likewise

You too, the greatest faggot in existence.....

TheGreatYacht
08-01-2015, 11:28 AM
You're confusing him with Biyombo, tbh

RD2191
08-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Likewise

Shutup, faggot.

daledondale
08-01-2015, 11:36 AM
OP is a faggot.
http://i.imgur.com/EzdQHML.gif

BD24
08-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Likewise

Ignore Rob, I think he just got fired from Whattaburger recently. I haven't seen him around when picking up my order. Maybe he just got transferred to a different Whattaburger though who knows.

Down Under
08-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Will keep improving, is going to be a pretty good player

apalisoc_9
08-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Shutup, faggot.

:lol

cutewizard
08-02-2015, 06:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb1wnG9XM28

rastaspur
08-02-2015, 10:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EzdQHML.gif
:lol

BD24
08-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Anyone know when his contract is up? Unfourtanetly though he is going to be getting over 10 mil a year I imagine for his next contract, would Parkers contract be off the books by the time he is a free agent I wonder?

DrunkTXLabrat
08-02-2015, 12:54 PM
it was an interesting idea, when he was in the draft. Maybe a Cojo trade to move up, would have done it. But now that he's a Twolf, i doubt he'll ever be a Spur. Timberwolves gm is out of the Spurs league, they're not letting a guy like Gorgui walk in free agency. If the Spurs did manage to swing a trade for Gorgui, you wouldn't be happy with the cost. and just forget restricted free agency.

DrunkTXLabrat
08-02-2015, 12:56 PM
it was an interesting idea, when he was in the draft. Maybe a Cojo trade to move up, would have done it. But now that he's a Twolf, i doubt he'll ever be a Spur. Timberwolves gm is out of the Spurs league, they're not letting a guy like Gorgui walk in free agency. If the Spurs did manage to swing a trade for Gorgui, you wouldn't be happy with the cost. and just forget restricted free agency.

Although i would love to see the Wolves work the Spurs like they've done the Cavs.

Keepin' it real
08-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Gorgui Dieng ...

http://38.media.tumblr.com/9d32d62f77d661153ceb12525b5abb97/tumblr_n18bkokU801rrkahjo3_400.gif

wildbill2u
08-02-2015, 03:38 PM
We are watching another classic CIA Pop move that nobody is really noticing. No vacation in the vinyards :bobo or a summer of studying how to meld the new guys into the team. :wakeup That would be the expected Summer program for Pop, eh.

But.....Under the guise/cover of being a statesman and an ambassador for the game, Pop is gaining first hand knowledge of a lot of potential prospects as well as earning good will and friendships among them. The CIA's job is to gather information that will be valuable down the road without anyone being the wiser. GO POP GO.

TD 21
08-02-2015, 05:08 PM
It's actually the opposite. Dude has a pretty nice offensive game, but he gets lost on defense aside from occasional blocks. He's a decent shooter and very good passer. I wouldn't hate him as a backup center, but he doesn't seem like a solution next to LMA or anything like that.

Exactly. Classic case of stereo typing.

As far as him suiting the Spurs, it's a moot point, since he's not going anywhere anytime soon. If he's not the future starter alongside Towns, he's definitely the third big.

Obviously, two years is a long time, especially in sports, but at this writing the next starting C of the Spurs, is probably Splitter, especially if Duncan plays out his contract.

dweaver99027
08-02-2015, 05:20 PM
:lmao :lmao Agreed. Good luck finding one. Hence 'perfect'.

tatteredprince
08-03-2015, 06:14 AM
We are watching another classic CIA Pop move that nobody is really noticing. No vacation in the vinyards :bobo or a summer of studying how to meld the new guys into the team. :wakeup That would be the expected Summer program for Pop, eh.

But.....Under the guise/cover of being a statesman and an ambassador for the game, Pop is gaining first hand knowledge of a lot of potential prospects as well as earning good will and friendships among them. The CIA's job is to gather information that will be valuable down the road without anyone being the wiser. GO POP GO.

agree, excellent observation

hopefully it shall pay dividends within two years time, when the GOAT retires

Axegrinder
08-03-2015, 11:41 PM
No Dieng dang way