PDA

View Full Version : Eminem beat drug addiction with exercise

InRareForm
08-01-2015, 06:41 PM
http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/eminem-the-home-body-20150731

z0sa
08-01-2015, 06:44 PM
From what Ive read and seen, there is no better way to beat a drug addiction, due in no small part to the fact youre basically trading off one unhealthy addiction for another incredibly healthy one.

Avante
08-02-2015, 01:09 PM
I can be tired or in a blah mood, until I turn up Jungle Love by Morris Day and the Time and start dancing. Changes everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=919Gt1SczVY

Music sooths what ails ya.

DMX7
08-02-2015, 02:23 PM
I didn't read the article but I believe you probably can.

Will Hunting
08-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Eminem's self congratulating has reached pathetic levels. He made an entire CD about how much of a hero he was for beating addiction, and he still won't shut up about it. He had a bottomless pit of money to spend on the best rehab treatment available, it's really not something worthy of the praise he's given himself.

SpursforSix
08-02-2015, 03:11 PM
I can be tired or in a blah mood, until I turn up Jungle Love by Morris Day and the Time and start dancing. Changes everything.

Music sooths what ails ya.

One of my favorite guitar solos on the unedited version. Jesse Johnson is a badass.

m>s
08-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Eminem's self congratulating has reached pathetic levels. He made an entire CD about how much of a hero he was for beating addiction, and he still won't shut up about it. He had a bottomless pit of money to spend on the best rehab treatment available, it's really not something worthy of the praise he's given himself.
Double edged sword IMO, with that money also came a ton of bad influences surrounding him and the drugs were very accessible and affordable. Don't care about eminent though. He was pretty cool before he got way too emo.

Clipper Nation
08-02-2015, 09:14 PM
I especially liked the part where he blamed the drug addiction for how awful Relapse was, only to shit out two more just-as-terrible albums while sober. Even "Rap God" was corny as fuck despite how much he got slurped up for that track.

TBH, his best album purely in terms of quality was Infinite and it's all gone downhill from there. The Marshall Mathers LP in particular hasn't aged well, his oh-so-edgy disses of Tom Green, Fred Durst, Christina Aguilera, "boy-girl groups," etc. are cringeworthy in hindsight. Eminem is the Pinoy nurse of rapping.

benefactor
08-02-2015, 09:17 PM
From what Ive read and seen, there is no better way to beat a drug addiction, due in no small part to the fact youre basically trading off one unhealthy addiction for another incredibly healthy one.
As someone who has an addictive personality, I can relate.

Will Hunting
08-02-2015, 09:33 PM
I especially liked the part where he blamed the drug addiction for how awful Relapse was, only to shit out two more just-as-terrible albums while sober. Even "Rap God" was corny as fuck despite how much he got slurped up for that track.

TBH, his best album purely in terms of quality was Infinite and it's all gone downhill from there. The Marshall Mathers LP in particular hasn't aged well, his oh-so-edgy disses of Tom Green, Fred Durst, Christina Aguilera, "boy-girl groups," etc. are cringeworthy in hindsight. Eminem is the Pinoy nurse of rapping.

Idk, Marshall Mathers LP is one of my favorite albums ever. Back then as m>s said, he wasn't emo like he is now, he had a more genuine anger in his music that he hasn't had since that album.

But to your point I thought Recovery was worse than anything else he ever did, including Relapse. Then he went full retard and started making emo songs with Bruno Mars.

Clipper Nation
08-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Idk, Marshall Mathers LP is one of my favorite albums ever. Back then as m>s said, he wasn't emo like he is now, he had a more genuine anger in his music that he hasn't had since that album.
I'm not going to pretend like I didn't love that album back when it first came out, but listening to it in 2015, it's just dated in a way that a lot of old-school hip-hop isn't. Probably because of all the TMZ shit he forced into all his tracks.

And let's be real, he was already full emo back then. One of the biggest singles from that album was an emo ballad with some British chick singer. Several tracks from both MMLP and The Eminem Show are about how butthurt he is that :cry "white people in suburban middle America don't like him" :cry and :cry "the media blames him for everything." :cry

It doesn't help matters that once I realized how much of his flow and/or material were blatantly ripped off from guys like Pharoahe Monch, Esham, Cage, Pacewon, etc., it's hard to take him seriously in general.

But to your point I thought Recovery was worse than anything else he ever did, including Relapse. Then he went full retard and started making emo songs with Bruno Mars.
If Yeezus didn't exist, Recovery would be the most pompous and self-indulgent album in the history of the genre.

Will Hunting
08-02-2015, 10:05 PM
I'm not going to pretend like I didn't love that album back when it first came out, but listening to it in 2015, it's just dated in a way that a lot of old-school hip-hop isn't. Probably because of all the TMZ shit he forced into all his tracks.

And let's be real, he was already full emo back then. One of the biggest singles from that album was an emo ballad with some British chick singer. Several tracks from both MMLP and The Eminem Show are about how butthurt he is that :cry "white people in suburban middle America don't like him" :cry and :cry "the media blames him for everything." :cry

It doesn't help matters that once I realized how much of his flow and/or material were blatantly ripped off from guys like Pharoahe Monch, Esham, Cage, Pacewon, etc., it's hard to take him seriously in general.

If Yeezus didn't exist, Recovery would be the most pompous and self-indulgent album in the history of the genre.

That single was a big mainstream hit, I can't blame him for throwing 1-2 pieces of garbage in the album so the masses will buy it :lol (on that note, the Stan troll on this site is hilarious). Think of how many copies of that album he sold solely due to his performance with Elton John at the grammys.

And I agree that with Eminem Show he was already entering his weird stage, unnecessarily bringing up political/racial shit, etc. I still liked it because the ratio of good to bad was tolerable. The album after that was when he started incorporating fart noises/toilet humor, which is when I stopped listening.

DJR210
08-02-2015, 10:13 PM
He may have beat drugs, but what about the issue of looking like Sinead O'connor

InRareForm
08-03-2015, 12:59 AM
slim shady lp was best imo

Big Empty
08-03-2015, 03:05 PM
From Eminem to M&M and back to Eminem. That should be his next title. To M&M and back