PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Adidas offers Harden 200 million to leave Nike

djohn2oo8
08-03-2015, 12:10 PM

Ginobilly
08-03-2015, 12:44 PM
He should take it unless Nike ups their offer.

Biernutz
08-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Adidas lost the NBA contract to Nike and is close to being #3 in the U.S. with
Under Armor surging fast to pass them. Adidas is known for soccer and that's
not the #1 sport in the U.S.

TDMVPDPOY
08-03-2015, 12:53 PM
roflmao 200m for this pos

Killakobe81
08-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Wow that's crazy. If i am nike I let him walk ...

hater
08-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Whores around the Houston metro area and NBA cities are celebrating imo

djohn2oo8
08-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Wow that's crazy. If i am nike I let him walk ...

Nike is full of shit giving Irving a signature shoe before Harden. Besides, Nike did an absolutely shitty job of promoting Harden's MVP campaign like under armour did for Curry.

spurraider21
08-03-2015, 05:19 PM
:lol shoes

Mitch
08-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Nike is full of shit giving Irving a signature shoe before Harden. Besides, Nike did an absolutely shitty job of promoting Harden's MVP campaign like under armour did for Curry.

With 13 turnovers in the most important game in recent ticket history, the NBA made the right call.

Koolaid_Man
08-03-2015, 05:28 PM
With 13 turnovers in the most important game in recent ticket history, the NBA made the right call.

:lmao didnt they give Rose the same deal and soon after he blew out his knee...Adidias is like desperate crack whore :lol

Kool Bob Love
08-03-2015, 05:28 PM
:lol shoes

i don't get it.

Koolaid_Man
08-03-2015, 05:30 PM
I doubt white boys buying this shit...this is why nikkas stay broke....no sane reasonable person would buy Hardens shoes

Kool Bob Love
08-03-2015, 05:37 PM
I doubt white boys buying this shit...this is why nikkas stay broke....no sane reasonable person would buy Hardens shoes

Ill buy them if Yeezus designs them. Semi Srs.

djohn2oo8
08-03-2015, 05:43 PM

Who's buying Kobe's shoes? Niggas that want to tear an Achilles? Nah probably rapists.

08-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Nike is full of shit giving Irving a signature shoe before Harden.

:lol Neither of them deserves one, tbh..

Kool Bob Love
08-03-2015, 05:51 PM
The kids love Irving idk why but his kicks are legit.

djohn2oo8
08-03-2015, 05:52 PM
:lol Neither of them deserves one, tbh..

One an MVP candidate. :lol

djohn2oo8
08-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Adidas has made a big play for the biggest basketball sneaker free agent of the summer of 2015.

The company has submitted a bid of $200 million over 13 years to sign Houston Rockets guard James Harden, sources told ESPN.com. Nike, whose deal with Harden recently expired, has until the end of next week to match the deal or lose him.

A $200 million offer is huge, considering it represents half of what the brand paid for 11 seasons as the NBA's official uniform supplier. Earlier this year, Adidas announced that it would not fight to renew that deal, which will see its competitor Nike take over after the 2016-17 season.

With incentives, if the deal is consummated, Harden could very well make more from Adidas in the coming years than the Rockets. Harden signed an $80 million contract extension with Houston in 2012 that goes through the 2017-18 season.

"We've invited James Harden to join Adidas," said Adidas spokesman Michael Ehrlich in a statement. "We're a brand of creators and he truly embodies what that means with his approach to the game, his look and his style on and off the court. He's coming off a historic season where he won the scoring title and was voted MVP by his peers. His connection with fans is unparalleled and unprecedented and he can take the game, our brand and the industry to new heights."

Adidas has submitted a bid of $200 million over 13 years to sign Houston Rockets guard James Harden, sources told ESPN.com. Scott Halleran/Getty Images
Despite having the NBA deal, Adidas has slipped in recent years due to a lack of individual basketball stars. In 2012, the company signed a massive 14-year deal with Derrick Rose, only to see him miss plenty of action because of knee injuries. Its other star is Damian Lillard, whose Portland Trail Blazers aren't really showing much promise. Endorser John Wall shows plenty of flash, but his first signature Adidas line fell relatively flat this year.

With Stephen Curry locked up by Under Armour and Kevin Durant choosing to stick with Nike last season, Harden is the only veteran whom Adidas could poach -- even if it means overpaying. This past year, Adidas fell to the No. 3 best-selling apparel brand in the United States, after being passed by Under Armour.

Harden doesn't have a flashy game, per se, but he certainly is in the upper echelon of marketable stars. His beard speaks for itself, as does his natural sense of fashion. That is big for Adidas, who sells plenty of Originals and could always use a boost to its more expensive Y-3 line.

There's also reality star-type placement, as there's apparently a budding relationship between the Rockets star and Khloe Kardashian. There's an even greater connection with Adidas as rap star Kanye West, who is married to Khloe's sister Kim, moved his Yeezy line from Nike to Adidas last year.

There's also international hope for Harden, as the Rockets already are very popular in China thanks to former player Yao Ming. Sources say part of what Adidas is willing to pay has to do with the potential for the masses to embrace Harden on an even greater scale if the Rockets can make more of a splash in the playoffs in the coming years.

Harden hasn't yet had a signature shoe, but the Nike Hyperchase, which was the shoe that he was most attributed to this past season, sold well certainly because of his wearing of them. In most circumstances, Nike wouldn't match this number from Adidas, but it's said things are hypersensitive inside corporate headquarters after the brand not only gave up Curry to Under Armour -- after not matching an offer for less than $4 million a year -- but also missed at golfer Jordan Spieth, who went with Under Armour as well.

Adidas is under new leadership, which is eager to put its stamp on a turnaround. Eric Liedtke recently took over to lead global branding for Adidas, as longtime executive Erich Stamminger left in the midst of the company being pressured to bolster its business in North America.

The company hasn't been afraid to pay huge dollars to get big properties in sports. Its deal with Manchester United -- the largest uniform sponsorship in sports, guaranteeing the team $128 million a year for 10 years -- officially kicked off on Saturday. But money doesn't always help win deals. Sources said Adidas offered the most money to the University of Michigan to try to keep its deal with the school, but the Wolverines still chose to move on with Nike after this season. In Harden's deal, however, Adidas has to win if Nike can't match the deal offered.

As the basketball shoe business has skyrocketed in recent years, Adidas has mostly been a player on the sideline. Nike and its Jordan-owned brand make up 90 percent of basketball shoes sold in the U.S., while Adidas has less than 5 percent market share.

From April through June, Harden had the seventh-best selling jersey in the NBA, finishing ahead of the likes of Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook

LkrFan
08-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Whores around the Houston metro area and NBA cities are celebrating imo

:lmao

Reck
08-03-2015, 07:04 PM
He should take it unless Nike ups their offer.

A no brainer, really.

This is all about business. Whore yourself to the highest bidder.

Seventyniner
08-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Harden has a very effective game given the state of the NBA's officiating and weakness at the SG position.

That said, his game is as ugly as his facial hair. If he somehow turns down $200M he must be even more stupid than he looks.

TDMVPDPOY
08-03-2015, 09:05 PM
wtf buys baller shoes these days?

mavsfan1000
08-03-2015, 09:27 PM
Stick to your guns. Don't sell out.

Kool Bob Love
08-03-2015, 09:53 PM
wtf buys baller shoes these days?

people who play ball during the summer and not lazy kunts like you mate.

SPM
08-03-2015, 11:45 PM
Who cares? Why is this even a thread?

MI21
08-04-2015, 01:33 AM
I'm surprised. He isn't very marketable. Ugly game that most people seem to dislike, ugly face, bad teeth and terrorist beard.

Nike should let him go, tbh

spurraider21
08-04-2015, 02:44 AM
Who cares? Why is this even a thread?
:lol this, tbh

if you really need shoes, walk over to foot locker and just pick something out... lol at following these stories as if its a reality show and as if it matters. end of the day, there will be a lot of new basketball shoes every year

Koolaid_Man
08-04-2015, 06:02 AM
Will this make Dwight enraged and jealous? Lol....

djohn2oo8
08-04-2015, 06:07 AM
:lol this, tbh

if you really need shoes, walk over to foot locker and just pick something out... lol at following these stories as if its a reality show and as if it matters. end of the day, there will be a lot of new basketball shoes every year

Well this is the NBA forum, and it has to do with the NBA. :lol Philo

djohn2oo8
08-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Will this make Dwight enraged and jealous? Lol....

Probably. He just recently left Adidas before this offer.

spurraider21
08-04-2015, 06:35 AM
Well this is the NBA forum, and it has to do with the NBA. :lol Philo
a little random logo on his shoe literally affects nothing as far as the basketball product

djohn2oo8
08-04-2015, 06:44 AM
a little random logo on his shoe literally affects nothing as far as the basketball product

:lol the shoe you wear on the court can affect performance and whether or not it will hold up against injury. Jesus :rollin

dunkman
08-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Not sure who buys all that crap, I buy only classic designs. Most of my sneakers are Adidas, with some Puma, Converse and Vans in the mix. There are still some styles I miss (adidas campus, topten and campus hi). Must make good shoes too, but I absolutely can't think of any Nike, UA or NB style that would like to buy.

Killakobe81
08-04-2015, 10:26 AM
Probably. He just recently left Adidas before this offer.

Wow. Harden is nice always has been since HS he is even better thn I thought but this kind of money is crazy. also LOL at the Khloe part of the story and the connection to Kanye ...

side note apparently Harden is a better man than Lamar ...she losing weight for Harden!!

spurraider21
08-04-2015, 02:04 PM
:lol the shoe you wear on the court can affect performance and whether or not it will hold up against injury. Jesus :rollin
Not like anybody is playing in crocs out there :lol...

Please explain how harden's game will be impacted by wearing some 300 dollar Adidas vs some 300 dollar nike

rogues
08-04-2015, 02:08 PM
spurraider do you play basketball, tbh?..

edit::do you or have you ever played basketball?

rogues
08-04-2015, 02:13 PM
New style adidas are not exactly a good shoe, imo..I'd cop old schools, though..

Right now the shoes that are great for durability and performance are Nikes followed by Jordans..

spurraider21
08-04-2015, 02:58 PM
spurraider do you play basketball, tbh?..

edit::do you or have you ever played basketball?
every post in this thread has been about image, marketability, advertising, etc... none about bball

:cry nike didnt campaign for his mvp season like under armour did for curry

spurraider21
08-04-2015, 03:00 PM
New style adidas are not exactly a good shoe, imo..I'd cop old schools, though..

Right now the shoes that are great for durability and performance are Nikes followed by Jordans..
i dont think durability matters at all for these guys. a lot of the stars get new shoes for every game

vander
08-04-2015, 03:05 PM
wow, putting a popular athlete's name on a shoe must really rake in the suckers. I would laugh if the money spent was actually earned...

rogues
08-04-2015, 03:23 PM
every post in this thread has been about image, marketability, advertising, etc... none about bball

:cry nike didnt campaign for his mvp season like under armour did for curry
I'd be pissed if I was Harden..he put up great numbers while improving his defense..the shoe that Nike itself put out for Harden is terrible..

i dont think durability matters at all for these guys. a lot of the stars get new shoes for every game
I know..if I was making the money they're making I'd buy shoes like if it was candy, tbh..I meant for us common folk..

rogues
08-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Just look at how Nike dissed Harden by giving Kyrie his own signature shoe..I'd even argue that Kyrie's shoe is better than Harden's..

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Not like anybody is playing in crocs out there :lol...

Please explain how harden's game will be impacted by wearing some 300 dollar Adidas vs some 300 dollar nike
I mean players themselves have been seen switching shoes at halftime to help with rhythm and whatnot. It definitely has an effect as far as balance and comfort go. In a sport like basketball, everything below the knees is very important to playing defense, post-ups, shot position, etc. it's not a massive stretch.

rogues
08-04-2015, 03:56 PM
I mean players themselves have been seen switching shoes at halftime to help with rhythm and whatnot. It definitely has an effect as far as balance and comfort go. In a sport like basketball, everything below the knees is very important to playing defense, post-ups, shot position, etc. it's not a massive stretch.
This..also to drive this point home..the NBA itself has noticed that some shoes improve performance..going so far as to ban the APL brand..what type of shoe one wears will tailor to a particular type of game played..

DMC
08-04-2015, 07:38 PM
roflmao 200m for this pos
They laughed when Nike signed Jordan for millions as well. "They'll never make that back" they said. As long as these shoe companies have been issuing contracts to big NBA names, you should be well aware by now they know what the fuck they are doing. Otherwise they'd be broke.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-04-2015, 10:55 PM
That's equivalent to roughly 2/3 of a max NBA salary, & for 13 flipping years. Dude should now proceed help the Rockets win by taking only 1/3 of the max, tbh.

Ice009
08-05-2015, 09:08 AM
Wow, I'm more surprised reading that Nike gave up Curry for less than 4 million a year according to that article on page 18. I didn't realize they had a chance to match UA's offer. I thought Curry left Nike as a free agent.

Gent
08-05-2015, 09:15 AM
The only stylish sneakers out there are MJs.

All the rest look just awful. They probably feel like crap, too.

ambchang
08-05-2015, 10:49 AM
I got myself a pair of Melos (http://www.footlocker.com/striperpedia/article/5002777/Signature%20Shoe%20Showcase%20-%20Carmelo%20Anthony) because the company paid for it.

They are way over the top in terms of what I need because I rarely even ball anymore nowadays at my age, but I must say that they are as comfortable as they are ugly. Light, conforms to the shape of my feet.

And at the end of the day, I am glad I have a hand in feeding Melo's family, and Melo is fed well.

djohn2oo8
08-11-2015, 05:15 AM

TDMVPDPOY
08-11-2015, 09:02 AM
so is he going to continue to go strip club with 20k in 1 dollar bills? lol wanker

DeRozan m8
08-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Adidas lost the NBA contract to Nike and is close to being #3 in the U.S. with
Under Armor surging fast to pass them.

This already happened tbh

GuerillaBlack
08-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Just look at how Nike dissed Harden by giving Kyrie his own signature shoe..I'd even argue that Kyrie's shoe is better than Harden's..

Paul George was also rumored to be getting his own shoe before Harden too before breaking his leg.

DMC
08-11-2015, 05:59 PM
so is he going to continue to go strip club with 20k in 1 dollar bills? lol wanker
You know black men have to hold paper money. There's still a latency where mental acceptance of current forms of currency reside, because the black man never had money and always dreamed of it, except he didn't dream of having a large bank account. He always dreamed of having a lot of paper money in his hands, all spread out to show the other field hands that he's made it, that the white man did not put him in the dirt. They do the same thing with cars, clothes and women. Cars have to have every accessory available at Autozone, clothes have to be the gaudiest shit you can find at the thrift store and women have to be pale white with big asses so they can show the white man they have the finest rides (circa 1970), the best tailors (circa zoot suiters) and fucking their hottest women (even though they often get the rejected females from white middle class broken homes).

Ironically most of the black males have last names that were given to them by their white slave masters who rage fucked their g-g-g-g-g-g-grandmothers while she washed his clothes and mammied his legitimate children.

djohn2oo8
08-13-2015, 12:01 PM
Adidas has taken Houston Rockets Guard James Harden away from Nike with a $13-year, $200 million offer.

Harden's agent, Rob Pelinka, who negotiated the deal, confirmed on Thursday that Nike informed him that they would not match the term sheet from Adidas. The deal with Harden, which will have him wearing Adidas shoes on the court and gear in social settings, will officially begin on Oct. 1.

As of now, Harden will average $16.78 million on his final three years of his deal with the Rockets and $15.38 million annually from Adidas, but if Harden hits benchmarks, it's possible he will earn more annually from Adidas than the Rockets.

Aside from a signature shoe, a Harden apparel line is expected as well as branded marketing commitments. Harden and Adidas are also expected to attempt to disrupt the shoe marketplace amid less than spectacular successes for the brand.

Harden became a sneaker free agent just at the right time as Adidas needed to make a move. The company, which signed Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose to a huge 14-year deal in 2012, hadn't seen many dividends from that deal because of injury. Sales of the Rose shoe have failed to eclipse any of Nike's stalwarts -- LeBron James, Kevin Durant and Kobe Bryant.

The first signature shoe for the brand of Washington Wizards guard John Wall, who was originally with Adidas-owned Reebok, fell mostly flat. Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard is not only in the Pacific Northwest, but also is on a team that isn't built for postseason success.

Adidas has been struggling in the United States. Last year, Under Armour passed the company as the second largest apparel seller behind Nike, and Adidas has less than a 3 percent share of U.S. basketball shoe sales compared to Nike's more than 90 percent, according to market retail tracking firm, SportsScanInfo. In the first six months of 2015, Adidas sold fewer shoes in the U.S. than Skechers and New Balance.

When Adidas' offer to Harden first came to light, it was thought that Nike would pass. Nike's stable is already well stocked thanks to James, Durant, Bryant and Kyrie Irving, while Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony have shoes for the Jordan brand.

In his six years with Nike, Harden has never had a signature shoe, but the Hyperchase, which he wore almost exclusively last year, sold well.

Harden, now with the most recognizable beard in sports, has the off-the-court swagger that none of Adidas' other basketball spokesmen have, and his off the court presence could get maximum exposure as he just started dating Khloe Kardashian. There's also an Adidas connection in that family, as Kanye West, who's married to Kim Kardashian, left Nike for Adidas last year to make his Yeezys.

"We're a brand of creators and James embodies that more than any athlete in the game. His addition to the Adidas basketball family is a game changer," said Chris Grancio, Adidas global basketball general manager, in a statement. "This partnership gives him the opportunity to achieve his goals and express himself in a totally new way as a creator. He's already one of the most recognizable sports figures because of his game, his look, his hunger to win and his style on the off the court. His ceiling is far from reached, which tells you the future for him and our brand looks incredible."

There's also a built-in audience in China, thanks to the fact that Yao Ming made some of the nation Rockets fans.

Nike will take over for Adidas as the league's official apparel supplier beginning in the 2016-17 season.

Buddy Mignon
08-13-2015, 12:04 PM
You know black men have to hold paper money. There's still a latency where mental acceptance of current forms of currency reside, because the black man never had money and always dreamed of it, except he didn't dream of having a large bank account. He always dreamed of having a lot of paper money in his hands, all spread out to show the other field hands that he's made it, that the white man did not put him in the dirt. They do the same thing with cars, clothes and women. Cars have to have every accessory available at Autozone, clothes have to be the gaudiest shit you can find at the thrift store and women have to be pale white with big asses so they can show the white man they have the finest rides (circa 1970), the best tailors (circa zoot suiters) and fucking their hottest women (even though they often get the rejected females from white middle class broken homes).

Ironically most of the black males have last names that were given to them by their white slave masters who rage fucked their g-g-g-g-g-g-grandmothers while she washed his clothes and mammied his legitimate children.

Lol... you hating little cuck.

Killakobe81
08-13-2015, 02:41 PM

God have mercy on your soul if you have one ....

Kool Bob Love
08-13-2015, 04:40 PM

dmc don't let me catch you any where near the AT&T center. You swollen fat diabetes hand ass clown.

DMC
08-13-2015, 05:05 PM
Lol... you hating little cuck.

God have mercy on your soul if you have one ....

dmc don't let me catch you any where near the AT&T center. You swollen fat diabetes hand ass clown.

:rollin

Killakobe81
08-13-2015, 05:09 PM
I showed you love and mercy DMC, you shouldnt mock that ...

DMC
08-13-2015, 05:13 PM
I showed you love and mercy DMC, you shouldnt mock that ...
You're lucky you can walk upright. If we didn't put the leather to your back just right you'd still be chasing the dik dik through the jungle with the atlatl.

Killakobe81
08-13-2015, 05:17 PM
You're lucky you can walk upright. If we didn't put the leather to your back just right you'd still be chasing the dik dik through the jungle with the atlatl.

Funny stuff, but not sure how that applies to me sir ...

djohn2oo8
08-13-2015, 05:48 PM
What the hell is DMC and his fatass hands talking about now?

Sheriff Hoyt
12-31-2016, 12:51 AM

StrengthAndHonor
12-31-2016, 12:01 PM
Damian Lillard's and Kanye's Yeezy/Ultra Boost line tbh. Nobody rocks Harden's.

djohn2oo8
12-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Damian Lillard's and Kanye's Yeezy/Ultra Boost line tbh. Nobody rocks Harden's.

After the “Imma Be A Star” Harden Vol 1 released and subsequently sold out, this past weekend marked the official global launch of the shoe in the “Pioneer” colorway. The model exceeded all expectations, selling exceptionally well while finding general acceptance by the public in a way adidas hoped it would.

djohn2oo8
12-31-2016, 12:40 PM
After the “Imma Be A Star” Harden Vol 1 released and subsequently sold out, this past weekend marked the official global launch of the shoe in the “Pioneer” colorway. The model exceeded all expectations, selling exceptionally well while finding general acceptance by the public in a way adidas hoped it would.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nicekicks.com/adidas-harden-vol-1-goes-black-ops-xeno-colorway/amp/