PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I've got company!

Blake's Cucktainer
08-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Luke Iseman has figured out how to afford the San Francisco Bay area. He lives in a shipping container.

The Wharton School graduate’s 160-square-foot box has a camp stove and a shower made of old boat hulls. It’s one of 11 miniature residences inside a warehouse he leases across the Bay Bridge from the city, where his tenants share communal toilets and a sense of adventure. Legal? No, but he’s eluded code enforcers who rousted what he calls cargotopia from two other sites. If all goes according to plan, he’ll get a startup out of his response to the most expensive (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-17/san-francisco-area-home-prices-near-record-as-sales-surge) U.S. housing market.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-30/wharton-grad-s-got-a-tiny-illegal-solution-to-bay-area-housing

Avante
08-05-2015, 01:01 AM
I had hard times
not so long ago
I had nothing to eat
nothing to drink
I had no dough

so I wandered
the streets
looking for anything
I could eats

people stared
some would frown
it was hard times
in a big lonely town

then I found a wallet
laying by a garbage can
it had a wad of money
now I"m a rich man

I don't wander
those streets anymore
now it's whiskey and women
good times galore

FkLA
08-05-2015, 07:09 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if this guy hits it big with this idea. 20K and you own a studio basically, not bad for California imo.

DJR210
08-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if this guy hits it big with this idea. 20K and you own a studio basically, not bad for California imo.

You still looking for a house?

Clipper Nation
08-05-2015, 08:30 AM
I had hard times
not so long ago
I had nothing to eat
nothing to drink
I had no dough

so I wandered
the streets
looking for anything
I could eats

people stared
some would frown
it was hard times
in a big lonely town

then I found a wallet
laying by a garbage can
it had a wad of money
now I"m a rich man

I don't wander
those streets anymore
now it's whiskey and women
good times galore
Your poetry sucks massive amounts of dick, tbh.

FkLA
08-05-2015, 08:43 AM
You still looking for a house?

Nah we moved into a house on the SE side at the beginning of July. Nice, quiet neighborhood but going to stores/restaurants sucks...I had forgotten how ghetto motherfuckers are down here. We'll probably try to move back up to the NW in 5-10 yrs.

You found one yet?

Dirk Oneanddoneski
08-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Nah we moved into a house on the SE side at the beginning of July. Nice, quiet neighborhood but going to stores/restaurants sucks...I had forgotten how ghetto motherfuckers are down here. We'll probably try to move back up to the NW in 5-10 yrs.

You found one yet?

Are you by Big Lou's?

FkLA
08-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Are you by Big Lou's?

5-10 mins from it. Only been there once, seems like a gimmick tbh.

Avante
08-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Your poetry sucks massive amounts of dick, tbh.

Didn't even read it did ya?

DJR210
08-05-2015, 11:30 AM

You found one yet?

Hell.. It took 2 years, but we just closed on our house a couple weeks ago.. I'm on the NW near Old Tezel/1604.. Got it for almost 10k less than value. Shit's nice, even has a pool. Ive had to learn how to balance the water w/ chemicals, but its pretty sick being able to go out and drink in the pool til 4 am if we want to :tu

:lol ghetto ass SEsiders.. Why does it suck going to stores and shit out there?

SpursforSix
08-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Hell.. It took 2 years, but we just closed on our house a couple weeks ago.. I'm on the NW near Old Tezel/1604.. Got it for almost 10k less than value. Shit's nice, even has a pool. Ive had to learn how to balance the water w/ chemicals, but its pretty sick being able to go out and drink in the pool til 4 am if we want to :tu

I was going to recommend converting to saltwater when you get a chance. It's way easier to manage. I don't think it's expensive either. Was going to post a video on converting but then stumbled upon something else you might want to consider.

0Dutg0wQGH0

DJR210
08-05-2015, 12:05 PM
I was going to recommend converting to saltwater when you get a chance. It's way easier to manage. I don't think it's expensive either. Was going to post a video on converting but then stumbled upon something else you might want to consider.

0Dutg0wQGH0

I heard about saltwater, but I think i'll stay w/ what I have.. once I got the PH and the alkalinity to where it needed to be, shocking the pool and adding a tab of chlorine per week is easy.. It's gonna be a bitch if we have another rainy spell like we had a few months back though.

And thanks for the affordable dance floor pool cover recommendation. Every pool owner should have one of those :tu

SpursforSix
08-05-2015, 12:12 PM
I heard about saltwater, but I think i'll stay w/ what I have.. once I got the PH and the alkalinity to where it needed to be, shocking the pool and adding a tab of chlorine per week is easy.. It's gonna be a bitch if we have another rainy spell like we had a few months back though.

And thanks for the affordable dance floor pool cover recommendation. Every pool owner should have one of those :tu

awesome. congrats on the new digs.
if you do the dance floor thing, please post a video diary

FkLA
08-05-2015, 12:48 PM

Damn nice location and a pool. Congrats bro. I wanted a pool too but most houses with them were out of my price range, the ones that weren't had those shitty above ground pools. I'm thinking about building myself a little lap pool though.

My neighborhood is quiet but once you venture out everything is always packed with those ghetto motherfuckers. Loud bitches with a bunch of kids, fools still trying to act hard in their 20s/30s instead of growing up, etc. Just a different way of living down here tbh.

DJR210
08-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Damn nice location and a pool. Congrats bro. I wanted a pool too but most houses with them were out of my price range, the ones that weren't had those shitty above ground pools. I'm thinking about building myself a little lap pool though.

My neighborhood is quiet but once you venture out everything is always packed with those ghetto motherfuckers. Loud bitches with a bunch of kids, fools still trying to act hard in their 20s/30s instead of growing up, etc. Just a different way of living down here tbh.

I know exactly what you mean.. Those trashy ass mother fuckers are on like 3/4 of city.

We had some ghetto ass neighbor renting the house across the street, and of course, out of all the neighbors who were cool and welcoming, hes outside trying to look hard with his pit, mad dogging and shit when i said whats up :lol

The just evicted his broke ass, so he can take his 6 piece of shit vehicles and park somewhere else now.

boutons_deux
08-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Lots of people into "tiny houses"

http://tinyhousetalk.com/

http://tinytexashouses.com/

SpursforSix
08-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Lots of people into "tiny houses"

http://tinyhousetalk.com/

http://tinytexashouses.com/

Just conditioning everyone to the upcoming FEMA relocation of the population.

FkLA
08-05-2015, 04:53 PM
I know exactly what you mean.. Those trashy ass mother fuckers are on like 3/4 of city.

We had some ghetto ass neighbor renting the house across the street, and of course, out of all the neighbors who were cool and welcoming, hes outside trying to look hard with his pit, mad dogging and shit when i said whats up :lol

The just evicted his broke ass, so he can take his 6 piece of shit vehicles and park somewhere else now.

Yeah man fuck them. Most of them ghetto, broke fools have nothing else to take pride in.