PDA

View Full Version : It's not too late, guys!!

Dex
08-04-2015, 12:02 PM
The dream lives on!!!

Spurtacular
08-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Why would anyone want to take him on?

Darius Bieber
08-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Homie needs to go oversees. Ain't no NBA team want him. Atleast Starbury was smart and went to China.

spursparker9
08-04-2015, 05:56 PM
Rather get Scola

Spur|n|Austin
08-04-2015, 05:58 PM
:lol

:fishing

Uriel
08-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Rather have Caron Butler, tbh.

Spurtacular
08-04-2015, 09:34 PM
I just remember Josh Howard being like a quasi-all star one day and out of the league the next day. And tbh, not sure he wasn't blackballed by the league a long time ago. He'll probably make a comeback when Barry Bonds makes a comeback.

Dex
08-04-2015, 09:47 PM
I just remember Josh Howard being like a quasi-all star one day and out of the league the next day. And tbh, not sure he wasn't blackballed by the league a long time ago. He'll probably make a comeback when Barry Bonds makes a comeback.

What's more amazing to me is that the Spurs reportedly had interest in this knucklehead not just once, but several times. I sincerely hope that was just his agent floating rumors in the mill, but then again, PATFO isn't always infallible...they did once overpay for Richard fucking Jefferson AFTER he stunk it up for a season.

Spurtacular
08-04-2015, 09:49 PM
What's more amazing to me is that the Spurs reportedly had interest in this knucklehead not just once, but several times. I sincerely hope that was just his agent floating rumors in the mill, but then again, PATFO isn't always infallible...they did once overpay for Richard fucking Jefferson AFTER he stunk it up for a season.

They probably would've been better off signing JH than RJ tbh.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-04-2015, 10:59 PM
They probably would've been better off signing JH than RJ tbh.
RJ landed us the SJ expiring contract which resulted in LMA, tbh.

Obi Juan Kenobi
08-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Rather get Scola

Sean Cagney
08-04-2015, 11:05 PM
RJ landed us the SJ expiring contract which resulted in LMA, tbh.The trade that was the gift that keeps giving. Best trade in Spurs history for several reasons.

Spurtacular
08-04-2015, 11:07 PM
RJ landed us the SJ expiring contract which resulted in LMA, tbh.

That's sounds like a stretch....

Mugen
08-04-2015, 11:07 PM
If it's for the minimum....still fuck no tbh.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-04-2015, 11:13 PM
The trade that was the gift that keeps giving. Best trade in Spurs history for several reasons.
I still think, not letting Jackson play out the last bit of the contract (2013 playoffs) was a fatal mistake. Even if it's only for ~10 minutes a game, it's minutes they don't have to play a scrub like Gary Neal that couldn't guard a 40 year old with a broken back & a missing shoe. Also, he would have been the 2nd best option to guard Lebron due to size, strength and mental toughness. Not having a 4th wing turned out to be a fatal problem, & McGrady was worthless.

Sean Cagney
08-04-2015, 11:42 PM
I still think, not letting Jackson play out the last bit of the contract (2013 playoffs) was a fatal mistake. Even if it's only for ~10 minutes a game, it's minutes they don't have to play a scrub like Gary Neal that couldn't guard a 40 year old with a broken back & a missing shoe. Also, he would have been the 2nd best option to guard Lebron due to size, strength and mental toughness. Not having a 4th wing turned out to be a fatal problem, & McGrady was worthless.
I agree but Jax was horrible that year if you remember, his shot was way off. Would he have made a difference over T Mac though? I would bet on it and he did seem to come up in big moments so maybe he hits a shot or two that puts them over the hump and they win game 6. He might have sunk some FT's too.

I agree on Neal as well, he had a game or two in those finals where he was hot but he was flat out horrible on D and when he let Miller school him without a shoe I just shook my head. I also remember he lets Chalmers at the end of the third rush up the floor as fast as he can and he hits a key three to end the third (Believe it was game 7) and that was a huge make IMO.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-04-2015, 11:49 PM
I agree but Jax was horrible that year if you remember, his shot was way off. Would he have made a difference over T Mac though? I would bet on it and he did seem to come up in big moments so maybe he hits a shot or two that puts them over the hump and they win game 6. He might have sunk some FT's too.

I agree on Neal as well, he had a game or two in those finals where he was hot but he was flat out horrible on D and when he let Miller school him without a shoe I just shook my head. I also remember he lets Chalmers at the end of the third rush up the floor as fast as he can and he hits a key three to end the third (Believe it was game 7) and that was a huge make IMO.
Neal was awful, his shining moment as a Spur came in a series we were doomed to lose; his miracle shot only delayed the pain that would last well into that hyper-extended offseason.

Jackson might have shot horribly that year in the regular season, but at that point of his career he was quite similar to Robert Horry in that he really only cared to show up for the playoffs. Remember 2012, in which he shot in the low 30s for the regular season but in the 40s in the playoffs and was one of the main bright spots (along with Manu) in the bitter defeat at the hands of OKC. He was 7/7 from three point land prior to the bullshit technical, tbh. Do not kid yourself, Jackson would have been a key cog off the bench in the 2013 playoffs, in the Horry mold, playing important stretches, particularly in small ball situations at the "4" position. Popovich was the main culprit in the 2013 run, between the impromptu firing of Jackson & the fatal decision to value quickness over getting a defensive rebound when it mattered most, IMO.

timtonymanu
08-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Remember det one rumor where the Spurs were considering trading Green for Josh Howard back in 2012?

Thank god that was only a rumor. :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
08-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Remember det one rumor where the Spurs were considering trading Green for Josh Howard back in 2012?

Hard to believe that was the same guy that was the 2nd best player on the '06 Mavs team that beat us & should have beaten Miami. Was Finley just that bad of a defender?

Sean Cagney
08-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Neal was awful, his shining moment as a Spur came in a series we were doomed to lose; his miracle shot only delayed the pain that would last well into that hyper-extended offseason.

Jackson might have shot horribly that year in the regular season, but at that point of his career he was quite similar to Robert Horry in that he really only cared to show up for the playoffs. Remember 2012, in which he shot in the low 30s for the regular season but in the 40s in the playoffs and was one of the main bright spots (along with Manu) in the bitter defeat at the hands of OKC. He was 7/7 from three point land prior to the bullshit technical, tbh. Do not kid yourself, Jackson would have been a key cog off the bench in the 2013 playoffs, in the Horry mold, playing important stretches, particularly in small ball situations at the "4" position. Popovich was the main culprit in the 2013 run, between the impromptu firing of Jackson & the fatal decision to value quickness over getting a defensive rebound when it mattered most, IMO.
I agree, Jax would hit some big shots at big times man. His playoff stats in 012 were incredible, he shot 50% from the field and 60% from three point range and 90% from the FT line, the only player that year to do so. I can't remember the last time a guy was that hot and this was not just for one series as far as stats go it was for three rounds and a deep run. He was a playoff guy, the one you want on your team during that time. He was the ANTI BONNER, which is why I am not a fan of guys like Bonner and Neal personally spite them being fan faves and having one moment everyone talks about like they are/were good.

Obi Juan Kenobi
08-05-2015, 01:34 AM
The trade that was the gift that keeps giving. Best trade in Spurs history for several reasons.

Absolutely fantastic trade but better than the Kawhi trade?

I guess they're both close...

SpurPadre
08-05-2015, 02:42 AM
Hard to believe that was the same guy that was the 2nd best player on the '06 Mavs team that beat us & should have beaten Miami. Was Finley just that bad of a defender?

Kinda hard to defend when you get punched on the dick, tbh.

Chinook
08-05-2015, 08:15 AM

Totally for got about that.

http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/report-spurs-rumored-to-trade-danny-green-for-josh-howard.html

Chinook
08-05-2015, 08:28 AM
Also :lol at this thread: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192746

cutewizard
08-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Dikembe >>>>>> Howard

lol

bigfan
08-05-2015, 09:07 AM
The dumbest pothead on the planet. Pass.

kobyz
08-05-2015, 09:19 AM
What about Ray Allen? He could be much help for us but would you take the man who did the most soul breaking all time to you?

Dex
08-05-2015, 09:21 AM

The long answer is....yes.

NameLess Scrub
08-05-2015, 09:58 AM
He should just go to PR's BSN. MVP candidate tbh

Sean Cagney
08-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Absolutely fantastic trade but better than the Kawhi trade?

I guess they're both close...

Both are up there no doubt. Kawhi trade might have the edge.

Obstructed_View
08-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Didn't the Spurs sign Howard a couple of years ago and he played for the Toros? Did I hallucinate that?

Plum Island
08-05-2015, 03:28 PM
The long answer is....yes.
Very detailed in your approach, yet to the point, concise and easy to understand.
Kudos.

Plum Island
08-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Both are up there no doubt. Kawhi trade might have the edge.
The day Limp Dick got traded for The Captain was one of the happiest days of my life.
Having said that, I think I have to put the trade for Kawhi as a bigger deal. Still... Dropping Limps for SJax was one hell of great thing for the team.

Obstructed_View
08-05-2015, 04:16 PM

Finley played power forward for most of that series, so yes, he was.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Finley played power forward for most of that series, so yes, he was.
Robert Horry IIRC guarded Dirk very well in the first game when we didn't really use small ball much. The game was a very close win for us, but even Bill Walton saw it -- the writing on the wall was that Horry was going to stop Dirk and Popovich moronically put 6'6" Bowen on him the whole time.

Obstructed_View
08-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Robert Horry IIRC guarded Dirk very well in the first game when we didn't really use small ball much. The game was a very close win for us, but even Bill Walton saw it -- the writing on the wall was that Horry was going to stop Dirk and Popovich moronically put 6'6" Bowen on him the whole time.

No, that's incorrect. Horry spent most of that series in foul trouble. The problem was that Pop moronically benched his centers.

Sean Cagney
08-05-2015, 10:14 PM
The day Limp Dick got traded for The Captain was one of the happiest days of my life.
Having said that, I think I have to put the trade for Kawhi as a bigger deal. Still... Dropping Limps for SJax was one hell of great thing for the team.

Man I remember it to this day, it felt like an old reunion with Jack back in the Spurs uni and that bum Richard finally gone! That was a hell of a trade and I remember how happy I was that night. They got rid of that contract! WOW, some idiots took on RJ's contract.

BlackSilver
08-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Also :lol at this thread: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192746

:lol

BlackSilver
08-06-2015, 02:38 PM

Wasn't that a wink-wink deal where he opted out of his final year @$15 million and signed a multi-year agreement @ roughly $10 million per?

BlackSilver
08-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Didn't the Spurs sign Howard a couple of years ago and he played for the Toros? Did I hallucinate that?

In 2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iGpOeXZEvo

Dex
08-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Wasn't that a wink-wink deal where he opted out of his final year @$15 million and signed a multi-year agreement @ roughly $10 million per?

Yep yep.

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/21/1581326/richard-jefferson-spurs-re-sign-39-million

And other NBA executives have taken note, as ESPN's John Hollinger explains:

[The Jefferson re-signing] raised eyebrows in front offices around the league, many of which suspected that there was a prearranged deal between the two parties. [...]

That said, we have no smoking gun that there was any kind of prearranged deal between the Spurs and Jefferson. We don't even have a smokeless gun. All we have is the circumstantial evidence above, as well as two other pieces of information:

1. The Spurs don't sign bad contracts.

2. This is the worst contract of the summer.

Follow the money, however. Jefferson's opt-out and lower-salaried return means the Spurs will save about $17 million in salary, luxury tax and tax distributions this year (if one presumes Splitter was coming regardless). Jefferson's new deal cost $31 million after this season, which is all we care about since the Spurs were paying him in 2010-11 either way. Subtract $17 million from $31 million and you end up with Jefferson's deal as a three-year, $14 million extension, which seems eminently reasonable … if you were going to prearrange such a thing.

:depressed