PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Will the Saints Games Sell out?

Clandestino
09-14-2005, 11:08 AM
I don't think people will pay 58 for nosebleeds.

Kori Ellis
09-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Hmm ... I have been wondering that for the past few days. It will be hard to sell out, especially since the brokers are getting so many tickets. Maybe corporations like USAA will be huge blocks of seats.

I don't think all three games will sell out though.

Clandestino
09-14-2005, 11:11 AM
I really can't see many people wanting to pay $58 for section 300 seats. Especially since they were like 10-20 bucks for Spurs games. I think the Texans games are that much though. And those nosebleeds are reallly, reallly high!

batman2883
09-14-2005, 11:11 AM
only the falcons game will sell out Mike Vick is the man

ObiwanGinobili
09-14-2005, 11:22 AM
thats a butt load of seats to sell, and they ain't cheap.

i don't think they'll sell out.. but I don;t think that attendance will be dissappointing either.

blackbucket
09-14-2005, 11:27 AM
I really can't see many people wanting to pay $58 for section 300 seats. Especially since they were like 10-20 bucks for Spurs games. I think the Texans games are that much though. And those nosebleeds are reallly, reallly high!

The difference is Spurs games are a dime a dozen. 41 or more per yer vs 8 or in this case 3! That has to factor into people's decisions.

This begs the age old question. Will people buy NFL season tix here in SA? Let's see, the cheapest for NFL is 30 and 10 for NBA (which is actually ONLY THE LAST 2 ROWS of the SBC).

Do the math. 8x30=240 bones 41x10=410 The difference is only compounded as you escalate up the price scale. The one caveat would be that more people need to buy tix for football than do basketball; about 3 and a half times more. But at least it is a more affordable proposition.

I'm a much bigger bball fan than football fan. However, I would buy season tix for an SA football franchise; whereas I don't for the Spurs. This is simply because of the cost of an entire season.

John T
09-14-2005, 11:44 AM
I think at least the Atlanta game will. It's barely been 2 hours and all but the the last couple of rows in the top section are already gone.

Carie

Horry For 3!
09-14-2005, 11:46 AM
I am sure atleast 2 of the 3 will sell out.

CharlieMac
09-14-2005, 11:54 AM
The Falcons game has only upper level seats available now.

Horry For 3!
09-14-2005, 11:56 AM
The Falcons game has only upper level seats available now.
Same with Bills game.

SpursWoman
09-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Maybe corporations like USAA will be huge blocks of seats.

Washington Mutual has, my sister-in-law just asked me if I wanted to get seats with her & my brother through them....

CharlieMac
09-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Back to the original question......what else is there to do on a Sunday? People need to realize that this won't be happeneing again for a loooooong time.

Horry For 3!
09-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Back to the original question......what else is there to do on a Sunday? People need to realize that this won't be happeneing again for a loooooong time.
Next month....3 months for the Lions game.

John T
09-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Now I'm pulling up single tickets only for the Falcons game. I guess we'll have to wait for the release of the season ticket holder's seats to get better seats.

Carie

Taco
09-14-2005, 12:10 PM
The difference is Spurs games are a dime a dozen. 41 or more per yer vs 8 or in this case 3! That has to factor into people's decisions.

This begs the age old question. Will people buy NFL season tix here in SA? Let's see, the cheapest for NFL is 30 and 10 for NBA (which is actually ONLY THE LAST 2 ROWS of the SBC).

Do the math. 8x30=240 bones 41x10=410 The difference is only compounded as you escalate up the price scale. The one caveat would be that more people need to buy tix for football than do basketball; about 3 and a half times more. But at least it is a more affordable proposition.

Yeppers!!!

8 games, 8x parking, popcorn, brew, cold drinks

41 X parking, popcorn, brew, cold drinks

midgetonadonkey
09-14-2005, 12:19 PM
I got seats on row AA in section 121 for $55 a piece. They're end zone seats but still not bad for lower level seats.

Kori Ellis
09-14-2005, 12:24 PM
I got seats on row AA in section 121 for $55 a piece. They're end zone seats but still not bad for lower level seats.

Endzone seats are actually good in the lower level. The only tickets I wouldn't want is endzone at the top of the stadium.

Kori Ellis
09-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Hundreds gather for Saints tickets
Web Posted: 09/14/2005 12:11 PM CDT

Tom Orsborn
San Antonio Express-News

Hundreds of football fans, many of them irritated by long lines and rumors of ticket gorging by brokers, congregated outside the Alamodome today as tickets to three New Orleans Saints games went on sale.

Early reports from Saints officials indicated an exceptionally strong response on the first day of ticket sales to three Saints games booked for the Alamodome: Oct. 2 against Buffalo, Oct. 16 against Atlanta and Dec. 24 against Detroit.

Morning sales were slowed by computer problems and by confusion over what kind of seats were available for sale. One immediate headache: the Saints’ commitment to their season-ticket holders, a group that has claim to about 32,000 tickets that were originally stamped for games in the Louisiana Superdome.

Team officials say they are obligated to hold comparable seats in the Alamodome for those season-ticket holders, and will continue to do so until 10 days prior to each game.

If a season-ticket holder does not make arrangements to claim his seats, those tickets will be presented for general sale, Saints officials said.

The Alamodome seats 65,000.

Many fans who showed up early eager to buy tickets were told that only seats in remote sections of the Alamodome would be available today. A strong response by local corporations to pre-sale offers of tickets was also reported.

Rene Wise, a 26-year-old car salesman, claimed to be first in line. Wise, who said he arrived at 3:30 a.m., found that the honor wasn’t all he thought it would be.
While waiting for the ticket window to open, Wise was bombarded with shouts of “scalpers suck”from people behind him in line.

“I’m sorry, but I’m trying to take care of my family,” Wise shot back.

He ended up spending $560 for eight tickets to the Christmas Eve game against Detroit. Wise said he had hoped to buy eight tickets for all three games, but limited availability of good seats prompted him to change his plans.

“I’m sick and tired of this,” Wise said while in line. “I’m going to go home before I say something I regret to these people. I don’t mind waiting for tickets. I’m just tired of the people behind me. I’m not going to wait eight hours to be stuck in nosebleed seats. Those will be available at the game.”

Other fans could barely contain their excitement.
Roland Trevino, a 31-year-old building engineer, bought nine tickets to the Alamodome opener against Buffalo.

““I just want to be in the house for the first NFL game in San Antonio history,” Trevino said. “We’re fired up about it. Just to be in the house rooting on a team will be great. Hopefully, it will someday be San Antonio’s team.”

Terry Flores, 53, went to the Alamodome to buy tickets for the Oct 2 game for her husband, Raymond Flores, a contractor for Halliburton who has spent the past two years in Iraq. Flores said her husband will return home at the end of the month and go back in early October.

The Oct. 2 game, she said, is the only one he’ll be able to attend.

“He’s very excited about it,” she said.

Anthony Jaramillo, a USAA employee, claimed to be the Saints’ first Alamodome tailgater. He showed up with a Radio Flyer ago. In the wagon was a boom box and an ice chest. In the ice chest were two cases of beer.
“Rock and roll, San Antonio Saints, baby!” he yelled. “If I can’t get tickets, I’m still going to have a party.”

Jaramillo said his dream is to see NFL football permanently in the Alamo City.

“Now we have a chance,” he said. “None of this CFL stuff..”

San Antonio was home to a Canadian Football League team, the Texans, for the 1995 season.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA.091405.SaintsTickets.EN.58a9566e.html

SWC Bonfire
09-14-2005, 12:59 PM
If/when those tickets were/are available they would sell out in a heartbeat.

MannyIsGod
09-14-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure we'll even sell out one game. But I think the attendance will be good.

TheWriter
09-14-2005, 03:01 PM
I think you people are vastly underrating what is about to happen.

MannyIsGod
09-14-2005, 03:10 PM
I think you people are vastly underrating what is about to happen.
Not that you ever overestimate this city or anything.

TheWriter
09-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Well, that's because I don't think people being killed are put on the news because of what University they attend.

But hey, what works for people.

SpursWoman
09-14-2005, 03:12 PM
:lol

I think there will be a very stong turn-out. At least for those that understand that this is a very good chance for SA to show that we can support one of our own.

And those who GAF about football, of course. :)

SWC Bonfire
09-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Endzone seats are actually good in the lower level. The only tickets I wouldn't want is endzone at the top of the stadium.

I had 3rd deck endzone tickets for the '97 Big 12 Championship, and they weren't bad (other than Matt Baumgartener dropping a sure touchdown right in front of us). I actually thought they were better than corner tickets on the 1st deck.

Marcus Bryant
09-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Not that you ever overestimate this city or anything.

Look out Salt Lake City we're hot on your ass!

San Antonio de Bexar, BITCHES!

MannyIsGod
09-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Well, that's because I don't think people being killed are put on the news because of what University they attend.

Do you really want to compare lists of idiocy here? I may have pulled a stupid one that morning, but I have yet to:

a) change names (several times)
b) cry to kori
c) steal internet pictures

MannyIsGod
09-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Look out Salt Lake City we're hot on your ass!

San Antonio de Bexar, BITCHES!

:lmao

Marcus Bryant
09-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah, what kind of scum would change names?

MannyIsGod
09-14-2005, 03:16 PM
I'd say that there will probably be at least 20-30k seats releasted 10 days prior to each day. I just can't imagine that many seaon ticket holders being able to make the games, and then I just can't imagine San Antonio moving that many tickets in that small amount of time after the hype has died out. We'll see.

SpursWoman
09-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I'd say that there will probably be at least 20-30k seats releasted 10 days prior to each day. I just can't imagine that many seaon ticket holders being able to make the games, and then I just can't imagine San Antonio moving that many tickets in that small amount of time after the hype has died out. We'll see.

There is the attraction that those will more than likely be the "good" seats....that'll help move them. I'm sure there will be a lot of people in surrounding areas buying them up, too...

Marcus Bryant
09-14-2005, 03:19 PM
I can see the 1st 2 games in SA drawing well, but who is going to want to go to the 'dome on Xmas Eve to watch the 3-11 Saints play the 5-9 Detroit Lions?