PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe: "I May Not Retire and It's Never About Money With Me."

Koolaid_Man
08-05-2015, 07:20 AM
:lol my nikka.....

I've talked about it before. But could this be the last [season]? Absolutely. It's tough to decide. It's really tough to make those types of decisions. Players I have spoken to say, 'Kobe you will know,'" Bryant said.

"I'm making this very simple. Either I like playing the game and going through this process or I don't. I try to strip it down to the simplest form. Either I like playing some more or I don't. But I think that decision needs to be made after the season. It's hard to make a decision like that before the season."

Bryant added that money will not be a factor for when he decides if he wants to remain in the league.

"I've never played for the money. It's never moved me. Money can come and go. I have a perspective about finances. The family is fine. What is more money going to bring other than more money? I have my family, I have my health and we're comfortable financially and that is a massive blessing."

"The body is good. I feel good. ... My lower body is solid. There are no question marks on what I can do. My body and my legs feel extremely strong and healthy. That's the big difference," Bryant said. "My upper body, I've been doing the weights and stuff like that. I've been kind of building up the upper body strength. The biggest change is I feel very, very solid in my legs."

Gent
08-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Is that why he wanted almost 50 for two years? Which as it happened he played less than 20 games combine?

Of course it's about the money for Kobe or he wouldn't be asking for outrageous amount of money for his sub-par services.

Also, no one wants to play with him.

Agloco
08-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Money won't be a factor...... :lmao

Thread
08-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Kobe still has his family.

Duncan? He finally has his homosexuality.

BD24
08-05-2015, 08:13 AM
So if Kobe comes back and takes a really small contract are Laker fans going to criticize him like they did Duncan? To not do so would be asshole and chickenshit.

Gent
08-05-2015, 08:17 AM

And what do you have? A monitor and a keyboard.

And loneliness.

Biernutz
08-05-2015, 08:25 AM

Kobe has his family...everything a go in Hollywood!
Vanessa knows where the money is at....
Kobe coming out .....he's been out ..

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/kobe/kobe4_zpsfd8b88db.jpg

Thread
08-05-2015, 09:21 AM
And what do you have? A monitor and a keyboard.

And loneliness.

I don't do loneliness.

It's my religion.

Thread
08-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Kobe has his family...everything a go in Hollywood!
Vanessa knows where the money is at....
Kobe coming out .....he's been out ..

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/kobe/kobe4_zpsfd8b88db.jpg

You're the ones with the divorce decree. You're the ones with the state telling Duncan when to visit & when not to visit his children.

ha, ha.

Thread
08-05-2015, 09:23 AM
So if Kobe comes back and takes a really small contract are Laker fans going to criticize him like they did Duncan? To not do so would be asshole and chickenshit.

The Moose

Gent
08-05-2015, 09:31 AM
I don't do loneliness.

It's my religion.

Huh?

Dex
08-05-2015, 10:03 AM
It's almost as if people will say things that aren't true just to make themselves look better.

:lmao $82M to play half seasons, alienate teammates, and run off new FA talents. :lmao

Thread
08-05-2015, 10:57 AM
It's almost as if people will say things that aren't true just to make themselves look better.

:lmao $82M to play half seasons, alienate teammates, and run off new FA talents. :lmao

You got no room. Your boy made ya's give your 1st 5th back. Why? Because Amy outed his gay ass.

ha, ha.

Dex
08-05-2015, 11:00 AM
You got no room. Your boy made ya's give your 1st 5th back. Why? Because Amy outed his gay ass.

ha, ha.

Good morning, Thread.

Thread
08-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Good morning, Thread.

Good mornin', Dexy.

Buddy Mignon
08-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Is that why he wanted almost 50 for two years? Which as it happened he played less than 20 games combine?

Of course it's about the money for Kobe or he wouldn't be asking for outrageous amount of money for his sub-par services.

Also, no one wants to play with him.

Fifty million is not a lot of money. As you already know Jim lost 25 million in one day!!!:wow

Thread
08-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Fifty million is not a lot of money. As you already know Jim lost 25 million in one day!!!:wow

...& nobody even noticed cept us.

A week later Duncan even intimated (it was a good thing).

Spur-Addict
08-05-2015, 12:02 PM
20 mill per season in perpetuity :lol

benefactor
08-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Of course he's not retiring.

:lol no prenup

ambchang
08-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Why did the OP avoid the rest of the article?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/13379179/kobe-bryant-absolutely-believes-los-angeles-lakers-playoff-team-season

Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant believes that his team will "absolutely" make the playoffs this season in the hyper-competitive Western Conference.

We have talented players in their respective positions. We have some really young players. How exactly will the pieces of the puzzle fit? We really don't know.
This will undoubtedly be a massive failure on Bryant's part if he can't even drag a team with, in his own words, talented players at each position, to the playoffs.

Killakobe81
08-05-2015, 01:35 PM

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/13379179/kobe-bryant-absolutely-believes-los-angeles-lakers-playoff-team-season

This will undoubtedly be a massive failure on Bryant's part if he can't even drag a team with, in his own words, talented players at each position, to the playoffs.

here we go ...not even september yet Amb, plenty of time for that later ...

DPG21920
08-05-2015, 01:59 PM
It's Kobe's words though ^

Also, Killa, I find it very curious that when a non Laker fan starts a thread about Kobe you are lightning quick to chime in about "obsessed", but when Kool or Laker fan does it, not a word. Interesting.

mavsfan1000
08-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Lol Kobe. In that case, how about playing for free.

BD24
08-05-2015, 02:12 PM
The Moose
Me

Koolaid_Man
08-05-2015, 02:15 PM

That was for a another thread..ok boob face

Koolaid_Man
08-05-2015, 02:20 PM
It's Kobe's words though ^

Also, Killa, I find it very curious that when a non Laker fan starts a thread about Kobe you are lightning quick to chime in about "obsessed", but when Kool or Laker fan does it, not a word. Interesting.

I also noticed you were silent and complicit when Tammy let his homie come live with him and then bought him a condo when the wife kicked him out....or when he was paying a detective for two gotdam years to tell him he was getting cucked....that detective was milking the clock he knew after day 1 she was getting fucked but he let Tammy sit on it for 2 yrs..then he told him after the illegal alien mexican stripper cleaned him out for a million to start his gym. You were also quiet on the 25 million loss....I find your silence of these matters curious to say the least....

:lol

DPG21920
08-05-2015, 02:21 PM
That doesn't make any sense.

Koolaid_Man
08-05-2015, 02:24 PM
That doesn't make any sense.

Neither does your size

Koolaid_Man
08-05-2015, 02:25 PM
How is a 4'2 inch soccer player gonna be talking smack..you little munchkin man you :lol

ambchang
08-05-2015, 02:52 PM
here we go ...not even september yet Amb, plenty of time for that later ...

I read an article on ESPN, with the exact same quotes KAM posted, but he left out the negatives and just took things out of context.

ambchang
08-05-2015, 02:53 PM
That was for a another thread..ok boob face

Two threads on one single article?

DeRozan m8
08-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Please stay, Kobe

DPG21920
08-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Kobe is a genius. Master media and fan manipulator. He's already set to retire, but realizes his legacy has taken a pretty big PR hit. Fans have started to turn on him some and the media - which is what happens when the losing starts. Especially when you take the contract.

So what does he do? He plants the seeds already that it's not about money. He's going to sign another contract to basically not play IMO. But it will be a lesser deal (since it's free money to him and he was going to retire anyways) just so he can always point to that last deal and say "see, I'm unselfish".

I am 100% serious too. I think he's really thought about it in these exact terms. He scripts his whole life to this detail to craft how people view him and his narrative.

Koolaid_Man
08-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Kobe is a genius. Master media and fan manipulator. He's already set to retire, but realizes his legacy has taken a pretty big PR hit. Fans have started to turn on him some and the media - which is what happens when the losing starts. Especially when you take the contract.

So what does he do? He plants the seeds already that it's not about money. He's going to sign another contract to basically not play IMO. But it will be a lesser deal (since it's free money to him and he was going to retire anyways) just so he can always point to that last deal and say "see, I'm unselfish".

I am 100% serious too. I think he's really thought about it in these exact terms. He scripts his whole life to this detail to craft how people view him and his narrative.

Kobe is 6'6 - Rich
DPG is 4'2 - Poor

Grim business when you think about it :lol

Reck
08-05-2015, 07:11 PM
I said it before. Kobe will have to be dragged out of the court for him to stop playing and further ruining the Lakers organization.

If the head honchos at the LA front office had any type of balls, they'd force retire him. STAT

But instead they give him massive contracts to sit at home. :lmao

Silver&Black
08-05-2015, 07:16 PM

Kobe still is irrelevant.

Duncan? He has a legitimate shot at #6.

Kool Bob Love
08-05-2015, 07:19 PM

you SOB. Fuck you.

Reck
08-05-2015, 07:24 PM

How do you know, ace? Did you throated him deep and that's how you know for certain?

UNT Eagles 2016
08-05-2015, 09:23 PM
I don't do loneliness.

It's my religion.
Jerking that brittle old twig doesn't count.

SuperCam
08-05-2015, 11:26 PM
how many points is kobe away from catching KAJ? nigga ain't going anywhere until he's #1 on that scoring list, even if he's chucking at 40

Clipper Nation
08-05-2015, 11:28 PM
:lmao Laker fans ever thinking this faggot was actually going to retire with the cap going up
:lmao He'll still be chucking and getting paid the max by Fredo when he's pushing 70.

mavsfan1000
08-06-2015, 02:20 AM
Will be a sad day when no more Kobe. Who will be the new villain in the NBA?