PDA

View Full Version : Longest offseason in history

hater
08-05-2015, 10:57 AM
:lmao 50++ pages decicated solely to the D league destined scrub that is Marjanovic and a mormon called Jimmer :lol

these guys will probably not even log over 5 minutes a game this season :lol

:lol its not even mid August yet

Dex
08-05-2015, 11:05 AM
First round exit + Bitter loss to Clippers + Winning LMA sweeptakes + Polarizing additions of young bench players...pretty much adds up to the longest offseason in recent memory.

At least when the Spurs lost to Memphis in the first round, I was so bitter that I was content to just forget about basketball for a while. Now I feel like I've been counting down the days since CP-fucking-3s bullshit shot kissed off the glass and fell through the rim. The anticipation of seeing Aldridge and West in silver and black only exacerbated things...and we still have like 80 damn days left.

TXstbobcat
08-05-2015, 11:15 AM
It's been an incredible offseason but I am ready for the season to start.

TheGreatYacht
08-05-2015, 11:17 AM
When does France start playing? Tbh..

hater
08-05-2015, 12:47 PM
First round exit + Bitter loss to Clippers + Winning LMA sweeptakes + Polarizing additions of young bench players...pretty much adds up to the longest offseason in recent memory.

At least when the Spurs lost to Memphis in the first round, I was so bitter that I was content to just forget about basketball for a while. Now I feel like I've been counting down the days since CP-fucking-3s bullshit shot kissed off the glass and fell through the rim. The anticipation of seeing Aldridge and West in silver and black only exacerbated things...and we still have like 80 damn days left.

Lol I missed the end of that game 7 vs cripples.

To this day I haven't seen the cpflop shot :lol

AFBlue
08-05-2015, 12:59 PM
I've enjoyed the ride tbqh. August will be really slow though, so I'm not looking forward to it. Guess I'll have to get ready for college football.

Silver&Black
08-05-2015, 07:05 PM
I've enjoyed the ride tbqh. August will be really slow though, so I'm not looking forward to it. Guess I'll have to get ready for college football.

Who is your CFB team Blue?

AFBlue
08-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Who is your CFB team Blue?

Baylor alum. They were flat out awful during my years there, so it's exciting to see Briles bring a whole new energy to the team. Last year Cotton Bowl, this year playoff spot? Should be a fun season either way tbqh.

benefactor
08-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Gates were opened up and a lot of faggots came in. They've made it longer with the shit take expressway they are paving through the middle of the site.

hater
08-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Everytime I log in to this website its like watching a slug try to move to the other side of the room :lol

AFBlue
08-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Gates were opened up and a lot of faggots came in. They've made it longer with the shit take expressway they are paving through the middle of the site.

Meh. We've had some decent new contributors, while the same old crappy posters with tired schticks keep doing their thing. It's a mixed bag like anything tbqh.

heyheymymy
08-05-2015, 09:54 PM
don't forget the summer league title. made a week in July a little more bearable.

Spurtacular
08-05-2015, 11:38 PM
:lmao 50++ pages decicated solely to the D league destined scrub that is Marjanovic and a mormon called Jimmer :lol

I'd take the over on the over/under on Jimmer for 5 MPG. And assuming Boban isn't terrible, I'd take the over on him as well. These are significant pick-ups.

DenialTwist
08-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Yes, it feels like a longer offseason compared to last year. Maybe because we are all excited for the season to start with the new roster.
Well, if NBATV televises the scrimmage for team usa, we still have something to watch soon. I think it's August 13.

tatteredprince
08-06-2015, 01:28 AM
are players allowed to practice with the Spurs staff this early??

just asking.............

Sean Cagney
08-06-2015, 01:36 AM

Man to get beat by that little whiney faced punk bitch P3 and his kiss off the glass (A certified loser was clutch for once) was bad enough, don't remind me. I can't stand that guy, one of my most hated players in the league.

tatteredprince
08-06-2015, 03:14 AM
cant wait for the season to start, what should we do guys?

Spurtacular
08-06-2015, 03:23 AM
If the Spurs were gonna lose in the playoffs, losing in the first round was ideal. Much needed rest. You could see how tired they were still from the last few seasons of deep runs at the start of last season.

ceperez
08-06-2015, 05:38 AM
If the Spurs were gonna lose in the playoffs, losing in the first round was ideal. Much needed rest. You could see how tired they were still from the last few seasons of deep runs at the start of last season.

I agree. Spurs throughout that season seemed mentally exhausted. The only reason you lose to the Knicks in regular season is because the team isn't engaged.

hater
08-06-2015, 07:35 AM

Agrree. But still Duncan and Manold are aging as the seconds pass. These old dinosaurs need the season to start ASaaP

FkLA
08-06-2015, 08:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOF9HocxV3I&app=desktop

^Ain't even worried about basketball right now. Liga MX just started too.

AFBlue
08-06-2015, 08:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOF9HocxV3I&app=desktop

^Ain't even worried about basketball right now. Liga MX just started too.

That's what I'm talking about. Baylor opened up camp today. So good.

FkLA
08-06-2015, 08:42 PM
That's what I'm talking about. Baylor opened up camp today. So good.

Hell yeah man. Amazing what one great player and a great coach did to change the culture of Baylor. I'm waiting for the day UTSA gets a guy that dominates C-USA and gets the city to really get behind the program.

Russ
08-06-2015, 09:05 PM

1. You're right, it's a long offseason.

2. You're wrong, Marjanovic is no scrub.

HI-FI
08-06-2015, 09:07 PM
don't forget the summer league title. made a week in July a little more bearable.
Cosigned

apalisoc_9
08-06-2015, 09:12 PM
The USA mini camp is around the corner plus other national games with spurs players playing this month.

It should keep us busy.

Basketball is pretty much the only thing that I regularly watch, so consider yourself lucky if you watch the NFL...You'd have to something to watch while waiting for the season :lol

MVPCues
08-06-2015, 09:58 PM
I asked my doctor the other day about putting me in a medically induced coma until mid October. She promptly referred me to a different kind of doctor...

timtonymanu
08-06-2015, 10:09 PM
I've had a busy summer so I don't feel this way at all. Damn, we are almost in mid August already. :lol

AFMadison
08-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Oh the irony

apalisoc_9
08-07-2015, 03:25 PM
63 more days before pre-season games...:depressed

dweaver99027
08-07-2015, 03:35 PM
Eurobasket will make for 2 weeks of good bball fix, then it's almost October.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Hell yeah man. Amazing what one great player and a great coach did to change the culture of Baylor. I'm waiting for the day UTSA gets a guy that dominates C-USA and gets the city to really get behind the program.

NCAAF is so lame... the land where being in an average conference (C-USA) and/or losing ONE game renders the rest of the season unwatchable because your team is pretty much thus eliminated from playoff contention. Even if you go 11-1 and dominate an elite division including beating the other 11-1 team in your division, you still don't get in in favor of a 10-2 team because there's no conference title game. Stupid shit.

I'm pumped for the Cowboys, honestly. Go 3-1 with Hardy and McClain on the pine, then they come back and crush the Brady-less Patriots offense in week 5. Maybe lose a couple more games all season, but I REALLY want to win the @ Packers game this season. Always hated Green Gay and their shitty fanbase

dweaver99027
08-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Speaking as a European who pays attention to the NFL, the whole NCAA football Bowl and Rankings system must be the stupidest 'playoff' system i've ever seen. Sorry guys.

AFBlue
08-07-2015, 04:36 PM
NCAAF is so lame... the land where being in an average conference (C-USA) and/or losing ONE game renders the rest of the season unwatchable because your team is pretty much thus eliminated from playoff contention. Even if you go 11-1 and dominate an elite division including beating the other 11-1 team in your division, you still don't get in in favor of a 10-2 team because there's no conference title game. Stupid shit.

They need to expand to 8 teams tbqh. The fact that a power 5 champion has the potential to be left out every year is ridiculous. And that doesn't even speak to the injustice of a dominant non-P5 champion. They could rectify it so easily tbqh.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Speaking as a European who pays attention to the NFL, the whole NCAA football Bowl and Rankings system must be the stupidest 'playoff' system i've ever seen. Sorry guys.

Did you live under a rock last year? It was pretty interesting, but the main problem I've always had with the system is weighing strength of schedule so heavily when teams do all they could do and go 12-0, winning nearly every game in a blowout, but never get to the promised land because of a situation out of their control. Boise State in their golden era of last decade would've made the new "playoffs" at least twice, even if as a 4 seed.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-07-2015, 04:45 PM
They need to expand to 8 teams tbqh. The fact that a power 5 champion has the potential to be left out every year is ridiculous. And that doesn't even speak to the injustice of a dominant non-P5 champion. They could rectify it so easily tbqh.

EXACTLY!! A team who goes 12-0, even if in an *average* D1 conference, is made up of young men who know how to win. They deserve a chance to fight against the bigger conference schools to prove their worth in the national light, even if as a lower seed. If they get crushed? That's fine, it proves they were ultimately pretenders all along that benefited off the easy schedule. If they do win? It's a major smack in the face to decades of "experts" who perennially say such teams don't belong in games against elite conference schools.

Brazil
08-07-2015, 04:46 PM
63 more days before pre-season games...:depressed

a lot of time to worry about becoming bald and jerking off on pictures of dat sexy auntie tbh...

dweaver99027
08-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Did you live under a rock last year? It was pretty interesting, but the main problem I've always had with the system is weighing strength of schedule so heavily when teams do all they could do and go 12-0, winning nearly every game in a blowout, but never get to the promised land because of a situation out of their control. Boise State in their golden era of last decade would've made the new "playoffs" at least twice, even if as a 4 seed. I wasn't talking about last year's changes. Just a statement. The Bowl and Rankings system must be the stupidest system i've ever seen.

Spurtacular
08-07-2015, 05:44 PM
The old system f'd the sh** out of BSU. That last year that their kicker missed the FG to blow the game at Nevada; they were easily the best team that year. They most likely win a playoff.

FkLA
08-07-2015, 05:59 PM

There's a unique bond between universities and it's alumni/students, that's why from the moment UTSA started the program I was more drawn to them than to the Cowboys who aren't even based in SA. Don't get me wrong I like the Cowboys but it's not the same way I feel about the Spurs/UTSA. But I know UNT has a horrible program so that probably sours your NCAAF experience.

There's other things to look forward to outside of just the playoff btw. I'd be ecstatic with just a conference championship or a bowl win.

Yeah, 8 would be ideal. Should've been 8 from the get go but I think it's only a matter of time before they change it.

Spurtacular
08-07-2015, 06:08 PM

Yeah, 8 would be ideal. Should've been 8 from the get go but I think it's only a matter of time before they change it.

The problem I have with 8 is there will be some instances in which the so-called power conferences (who really run college sports) will squeeze out legitimate so-called mid major contenders. They don't have the power to do that in a 16 team system. They still have power to screw them in the seedings and make the mountain tough to climb; but at least teams then get something of a shot to control their own destiny.

AFBlue
08-07-2015, 07:16 PM
The problem I have with 8 is there will be some instances in which the so-called power conferences (who really run college sports) will squeeze out legitimate so-called mid major contenders. They don't have the power to do that in a 16 team system. They still have power to screw them in the seedings and make the mountain tough to climb; but at least teams then get something of a shot to control their own destiny.

In any given year, I don't think there are 16 teams that can realistically win it all. Maybe it's more than 8, but I think that's the minimum tbqh.

hater
08-07-2015, 07:43 PM
I don't think season opener is ever coming niggas

08-07-2015, 07:48 PM
I've had a busy summer so I don't feel this way at all. Damn, we are almost in mid August already. :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
08-07-2015, 11:57 PM
There's a unique bond between universities and it's alumni/students, that's why from the moment UTSA started the program I was more drawn to them than to the Cowboys who aren't even based in SA. Don't get me wrong I like the Cowboys but it's not the same way I feel about the Spurs/UTSA. But I know UNT has a horrible program so that probably sours your NCAAF experience.

There's other things to look forward to outside of just the playoff btw. I'd be ecstatic with just a conference championship or a bowl win.

Eh. It's erratic. Their heyday was in the 60s and 70s as NTSU but they're like a box of chocolates every season. I wouldn't call the program horrible, it's just not elite and they're pretty much one of those teams that needs a lot of things to break right to have a chance.

Did you miss the 2013 season where UNT went 9-3, best team in C-USA, & won the 2nd-tier bowl game? That team was pretty amazing, and honestly had the capability to go 12-0 or 11-1. Got a few bad breaks early on, tore up the rest of the season for the most part, then had that weird home loss to UTSA at the bitter end (who seems to have their number) after having won the last 10 home games. That team was very well coordinated and had chemistry and had several solid wins on the year (Rice, Ball State, etc.) If only they had it to do over again... especially the painful @ Tulane loss caused by a questionable 15-yard penalty on a 3rd down play near midfield with about a minute left. Even the @ Georgia game they were tied about a third of the way through the 4th and had the Bulldogs facing a 3rd & long situation in their own territory; UNT had the momentum, so if they force a punt there, who knows what happens. But some guy blew a coverage and Georgia got a huge play out of that, got a TD later in the drive, and UNT never recovered. But after the Tulane loss, the rest of the season up until the UTSA loss UNT was scorching and locking down teams. Take for instance, Rice (who had played more competitive games against teams like Manziel A&M that year) who came to Denton and got demolished by UNT after the first quarter, including getting stopped 8 downs in a row from the 1-yard line on a drive in the 3rd. Bottom line is, that team had everything going for it but kind of wasted their opportunity and who knows when UNT will ever get that sort of a chance again. There were a lot of seniors that year, including the quarterback (Thompson, an Alex Smith-like game manager) and most of the defense and receiving corps. The 2014 team went through atrocious freshman quarterbacks and was lousy, going 5-7.

apalisoc_9
08-07-2015, 11:57 PM
SMDH

still over two months..

UNT Eagles 2016
08-08-2015, 12:12 AM
8 is a fair number. Power 5 conference champions + 3 discretionary spots, I think the rule should be to take the top 2 group of five teams every year + 1 wildcard power 5 team.

FkLA
08-08-2015, 03:14 AM
Eh. It's erratic. Their heyday was in the 60s and 70s as NTSU but they're like a box of chocolates every season. I wouldn't call the program horrible, it's just not elite and they're pretty much one of those teams that needs a lot of things to break right to have a chance.

Did you miss the 2013 season where UNT went 9-3, best team in C-USA, & won the 2nd-tier bowl game? That team was pretty amazing, and honestly had the capability to go 12-0 or 11-1. Got a few bad breaks early on, tore up the rest of the season for the most part, then had that weird home loss to UTSA at the bitter end (who seems to have their number) after having won the last 10 home games. That team was very well coordinated and had chemistry and had several solid wins on the year (Rice, Ball State, etc.) If only they had it to do over again... especially the painful @ Tulane loss caused by a questionable 15-yard penalty on a 3rd down play near midfield with about a minute left. Even the @ Georgia game they were tied about a third of the way through the 4th and had the Bulldogs facing a 3rd & long situation in their own territory; UNT had the momentum, so if they force a punt there, who knows what happens. But some guy blew a coverage and Georgia got a huge play out of that, got a TD later in the drive, and UNT never recovered. But after the Tulane loss, the rest of the season up until the UTSA loss UNT was scorching and locking down teams. Take for instance, Rice (who had played more competitive games against teams like Manziel A&M that year) who came to Denton and got demolished by UNT after the first quarter, including getting stopped 8 downs in a row from the 1-yard line on a drive in the 3rd. Bottom line is, that team had everything going for it but kind of wasted their opportunity and who knows when UNT will ever get that sort of a chance again. There were a lot of seniors that year, including the quarterback (Thompson, an Alex Smith-like game manager) and most of the defense and receiving corps. The 2014 team went through atrocious freshman quarterbacks and was lousy, going 5-7.

:lol UNT wasn't the best CUSA team that year, if they were they wouldn've won conference. Yall also got the bowl win against a shitty UNLV team. Y'all had a good team though just not as great as you're making it seem. I went to that game in Denton and I was expecting a loss but UTSA put a beat down on them. Playcalling got conservative towards the end but UNT didn't do shit before that.

Anyways I say UNT is horrible bc they hadn't done anything in like a decade prior to '13 then went back to sucking last year. When you have a winning season every 10 yrs you're a shitty program tbh.

Seventyniner
08-08-2015, 09:31 AM
8 is a fair number. Power 5 conference champions + 3 discretionary spots, I think the rule should be to take the top 2 group of five teams every year + 1 wildcard power 5 team.

But you know it won't happen that way. It will be the top group-of-five team and two wildcards.

I agree that 8 is the way it will be. There is so much money to be made from an extra round that it is inevitable.

KaiRMD1
08-08-2015, 09:35 AM
First round exit + Bitter loss to Clippers + Winning LMA sweeptakes + Polarizing additions of young bench players...pretty much adds up to the longest offseason in recent memory. At least when the Spurs lost to Memphis in the first round, I was so bitter that I was content to just forget about basketball for a while. Now I feel like I've been counting down the days since CP-fucking-3s bullshit shot kissed off the glass and fell through the rim. The anticipation of seeing Aldridge and West in silver and black only exacerbated things...and we still have like 80 damn days left. I think the difference between the grizz series and the clips series is that we never had a chance against the Grizzlies, they fucked us up every which way possible. The clips series, we fucked up and lost off a prayer shot by Paul. We actually could have beaten the Clips whereas there was no way we were beating the Grizzlies. But I feel your pain old sport, after that series against the Grizz, I was ready to say goodbye to basketball as well.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-08-2015, 01:50 PM
:lol UNT wasn't the best CUSA team that year, if they were they wouldn've won conference. Yall also got the bowl win against a shitty UNLV team. Y'all had a good team though just not as great as you're making it seem. I went to that game in Denton and I was expecting a loss but UTSA put a beat down on them. Playcalling got conservative towards the end but UNT didn't do shit before that.

Anyways I say UNT is horrible bc they hadn't done anything in like a decade prior to '13 then went back to sucking last year. When you have a winning season every 10 yrs you're a shitty program tbh.
I was there, in 2 jackets -- one windbreaker and one leather jacket. It was too fucking cold to go honestly, but one of my good friends from high school was a first chair trumpet for the UTSA marching band (the UTSA marching band's appearance honestly is part of what inspired UTSA to win) so I didn't want to miss hanging out and talking to him.

My frat (at the time) got kicked out for heckling the refs because there were some shitty calls. It wasn't really a beatdown, but it was a cold windy day where offense didn't come easy and UNT especially just couldn't move the ball for whatever reason. And whenever they did, they got a ticky tack penalty that quashed the drive. IIRC, there was an especially bad call in the 4th in favor of UTSA that might have changed the outcome had it went differently. UTSA was lucky to have that loooooong drive in the 4th clinging to that tenuous one-score lead, if they punt they probably lose seriously.

Honestly, the only reason I went to UNT was to get away from EVERYONE in my high school for a "fresh start" -- and UNT was the only major public school where none of the 277 college-going students (56 public university students) out of my 610 student graduating class went. I certainly have my regrets about not going to A&M and triple rooming with my two best friends from HS, but it's whatever now.

Spurtacular
08-08-2015, 02:03 PM
In any given year, I don't think there are 16 teams that can realistically win it all. Maybe it's more than 8, but I think that's the minimum tbqh.

No...but then again, the higher seeds in the NCAA BB Tourney don't have much of a shot either. It's more fun though. But for purposes of fairness, sixteen will be better. NCAA will pull some serious sh** otherwise.

Spurtacular
08-08-2015, 02:04 PM

If they did it purely by computer RPI-esque system, it would probably be fair enough. Never underestimate the powers that be in the NCAA though.

FkLA
08-08-2015, 02:16 PM
I was there, in 2 jackets -- one windbreaker and one leather jacket. It was too fucking cold to go honestly, but one of my good friends from high school was a first chair trumpet for the UTSA marching band (the UTSA marching band's appearance honestly is part of what inspired UTSA to win) so I didn't want to miss hanging out and talking to him.

My frat (at the time) got kicked out for heckling the refs because there were some shitty calls. It wasn't really a beatdown, but it was a cold windy day where offense didn't come easy and UNT especially just couldn't move the ball for whatever reason. And whenever they did, they got a ticky tack penalty that quashed the drive. IIRC, there was an especially bad call in the 4th in favor of UTSA that might have changed the outcome had it went differently. UTSA was lucky to have that loooooong drive in the 4th clinging to that tenuous one-score lead, if they punt they probably lose seriously.

Honestly, the only reason I went to UNT was to get away from EVERYONE in my high school for a "fresh start" -- and UNT was the only major public school where none of the 277 college-going students (56 public university students) out of my 610 student graduating class went. I certainly have my regrets about not going to A&M and triple rooming with my two best friends from HS, but it's whatever now.

Sorry brah but it just sounds like a bunch of excuses. The weather did suck that day but UTSA had no problem moving the ball until playcalling got conservative late in the game. You can't really call a drive lucky either when they had been moving the chains all game. And it wasn't a 'weird' loss, UTSA finished 2nd in CUSA West (ahead of UNT) so we had a solid squad too.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Sorry brah but it just sounds like a bunch of excuses. The weather did suck that day but UTSA had no problem moving the ball until playcalling got conservative late in the game. You can't really call a drive lucky either when they had been moving the chains all game. And it wasn't a 'weird' loss, UTSA finished 2nd in CUSA West (ahead of UNT) so we had a solid squad too.
if UNT had won that game, they would have finished 1st though

It was a "weird" loss because UNT had won 10 home games in a row, mostly in dominant fashion, and UTSA is a relatively new program. Kind of equivalent to the Spurs losing 10 in a row to the Milwaukee Bucks from the late 90s to the early 00s. Just saying

FkLA
08-08-2015, 03:44 PM
if UNT had won that game, they would have finished 1st though

It was a "weird" loss because UNT had won 10 home games in a row, mostly in dominant fashion, and UTSA is a relatively new program. Kind of equivalent to the Spurs losing 10 in a row to the Milwaukee Bucks from the late 90s to the early 00s. Just saying

And if UTSA would've won the Rice game they would've been first.

It's not really like that at all. UNT has been a shitty program for the majority of the decade, the Spurs the best franchise in sports. The Bucks weren't on the Spurs level, UTSA was on UNT's level even if they were a new program.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-08-2015, 03:53 PM
And if UTSA would've won the Rice game they would've been first.

It's not really like that at all. UNT has been a shitty program for the majority of the decade, the Spurs the best franchise in sports. The Bucks weren't on the Spurs level, UTSA was on UNT's level even if they were a new program.
If UNT had beat UTSA, even if UTSA had beat Rice UNT would have had the tiebreaker. Also notice how UTSA lost to Rice while UNT stopped them 8 times in a row from the 1 yard line in a mauling. It wasn't black and white.

UNT has been a shitty program because the student body is mostly made up of commuters and hipsters. Neither of which, really cares about football. The frat/sorority and athletic people (the "normal" college people) that actually care about the complete college experience rather than just academics or some bullshit liberal cause (and have school pride and are always around campus) comprise less than 5 percent of the student population. It sucks, but it's the truth. A&M is the best football program in the state and it's not close, and they have the highest frat/athletic proportion. Speaks for itself.

FkLA
08-08-2015, 04:12 PM
If UNT had beat UTSA, even if UTSA had beat Rice UNT would have had the tiebreaker. Also notice how UTSA lost to Rice while UNT stopped them 8 times in a row from the 1 yard line in a mauling. It wasn't black and white.

UNT has been a shitty program because the student body is mostly made up of commuters and hipsters. Neither of which, really cares about football. The frat/sorority and athletic people (the "normal" college people) that actually care about the complete college experience rather than just academics or some bullshit liberal cause (and have school pride and are always around campus) comprise less than 5 percent of the student population. It sucks, but it's the truth. A&M is the best football program in the state and it's not close, and they have the highest frat/athletic proportion. Speaks for itself.

:lol Notice how UNT lost to Tulane and UTSA didn't. The point was that there are always'what ifs' for everyone. The reality is UTSA finished 2nd and UNT 3rd--that's the only thing that counts.

I agree the fan support is shit. Although from what I've heard alumni support is a bigger problem since UNT's season ticket sales are the worst in CUSA IIRC. Probably doesn't help to be next to DFW with TCU and the pro teams there.

ElNono
08-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Make it stop! Need my NBA fix :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
08-08-2015, 08:40 PM
:lol Notice how UNT lost to Tulane and UTSA didn't. The point was that there are always'what ifs' for everyone. The reality is UTSA finished 2nd and UNT 3rd--that's the only thing that counts.

I agree the fan support is shit. Although from what I've heard alumni support is a bigger problem since UNT's season ticket sales are the worst in CUSA IIRC. Probably doesn't help to be next to DFW with TCU and the pro teams there.
The Frogs and the Cowboys aren't the problem. You can enumerate plenty of examples of college teams that do just fine in terms of ratings (and consistent competitiveness) that are close in proximity to other big schools/pro teams. As I said, it's primarily the unique demographics of Denton which make Austin seem like a conservative hick town. UNT and Denton in general attracts radical hippie liberals that hate American sports (and pretty much everything else American) like buckets of month-old, freshly squeezed grape juice attract fruit flies. This demographic problem is pervasive and has been a central tenet of UNT since the 1980s, thus explaining the alumni problem. They don't give a shit, they just come to get a cheap art or hospitality or education or liberal science (Political Science) or communications arts degree, graduate and work below-average wage jobs while spending their free time dying their hair purple and green and fighting for GLBT or animal rights and smoking weed 24/7. Nobody gives a shit about football except the actual football team, and the 3% of the student body who actually chooses to participate in Greek Life (how dare they!)... with even a lot of the greeks leaving halfway through the game if the score isn't close one way or the other so they can get more booze or pussy.

Bottom line, I have serious cognitive dissonance about choosing UNT to go to college, and would have definitely gone to A&M if I had it all over again. From what I've seen, despite the difference in research money, UNT's academics (at least in business) are better than UT's overrated programs but not better than A&M's. A&M has the best academics and athletics in the state. Should have gone there and done petroleum engineering. Oh well, I'll be out of Denton this May and I plan to be starting my own business in a real city (analytics consulting, not a restaurant lol) and getting rich. No biggie long-term, just wish I would have had a better college experience.

hater
08-08-2015, 08:49 PM

Cosign. Can't fucking wait to see our full roster in spurs uniform in HD

Damn!!!!

FkLA
08-09-2015, 11:32 AM
The Frogs and the Cowboys aren't the problem. You can enumerate plenty of examples of college teams that do just fine in terms of ratings (and consistent competitiveness) that are close in proximity to other big schools/pro teams. As I said, it's primarily the unique demographics of Denton which make Austin seem like a conservative hick town. UNT and Denton in general attracts radical hippie liberals that hate American sports (and pretty much everything else American) like buckets of month-old, freshly squeezed grape juice attract fruit flies. This demographic problem is pervasive and has been a central tenet of UNT since the 1980s, thus explaining the alumni problem. They don't give a shit, they just come to get a cheap art or hospitality or education or liberal science (Political Science) or communications arts degree, graduate and work below-average wage jobs while spending their free time dying their hair purple and green and fighting for GLBT or animal rights and smoking weed 24/7. Nobody gives a shit about football except the actual football team, and the 3% of the student body who actually chooses to participate in Greek Life (how dare they!)... with even a lot of the greeks leaving halfway through the game if the score isn't close one way or the other so they can get more booze or pussy.

Bottom line, I have serious cognitive dissonance about choosing UNT to go to college, and would have definitely gone to A&M if I had it all over again. From what I've seen, despite the difference in research money, UNT's academics (at least in business) are better than UT's overrated programs but not better than A&M's. A&M has the best academics and athletics in the state. Should have gone there and done petroleum engineering. Oh well, I'll be out of Denton this May and I plan to be starting my own business in a real city (analytics consulting, not a restaurant lol) and getting rich. No biggie long-term, just wish I would have had a better college experience.

I see what you're saying, Denton does try really hard to be all faggy and hipster. You should still have pride in your school though otherwise you become part of the problem too. At the end of the day its still the school that's going to give you your degree and set you up for life.

Dex
08-09-2015, 11:48 AM

Thank god football season is almost upon is. It's not Spurs basketball, but its the next best thing, and it sure beats the hell out of re-watching all these old games, or worse yet...:lmao baseball :lmao.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-09-2015, 03:52 PM
I see what you're saying, Denton does try really hard to be all faggy and hipster. You should still have pride in your school though otherwise you become part of the problem too. At the end of the day its still the school that's going to give you your degree and set you up for life.
Meh, the degree itself only matters if you want to work for someone else. If you want your own business, what you learned in the business and math (accounting/finance, stats, and economics; NOT calculus) classes is much more important, as well as your personal budgeting experiences while in college. I'm not a spender, and I don't eat every day when I'm up here (saves money that way). [When I go back home to my parent's house in SA, however, I eat 3000+ calories a day.]

I try to have pride in the football team, 2013 was worth it but in 2014 once they were 1-2 after losing the first home game against a mediocre team (LA Tech) I stopped really caring. Kind of like 2009/2010 as a Spurs fan. The thing that pisses me off the most about UNT is what they choose to spend their money on. Apogee Stadium here is the "greenest" college football stadium in the country, and they've been in the process of building the "greenest" new student union in the country as well since 2013 (that has set the project back about a year and cost an extra $30 million)... kind of pathetic that this is all the liberal faggots who run this school care about, honestly...

apalisoc_9
08-09-2015, 03:56 PM
beisbol

:lmao

BD24
08-09-2015, 04:29 PM
I'm ready for opening night. Thinking of buying season tickets this year. Need to find a friend to go half on with season tickets though. 41 games is alot of games to go to obviously.

Any season ticket holders on the site? Is it worth it to get season tickets in your opinion? 41 games is alot to go to. How do the season tickets work when playoffs roll around? You get first priority I am guessing?

FkLA
08-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Meh, the degree itself only matters if you want to work for someone else. If you want your own business, what you learned in the business and math (accounting/finance, stats, and economics; NOT calculus) classes is much more important, as well as your personal budgeting experiences while in college. I'm not a spender, and I don't eat every day when I'm up here (saves money that way). [When I go back home to my parent's house in SA, however, I eat 3000+ calories a day.]

I try to have pride in the football team, 2013 was worth it but in 2014 once they were 1-2 after losing the first home game against a mediocre team (LA Tech) I stopped really caring. Kind of like 2009/2010 as a Spurs fan. The thing that pisses me off the most about UNT is what they choose to spend their money on. Apogee Stadium here is the "greenest" college football stadium in the country, and they've been in the process of building the "greenest" new student union in the country as well since 2013 (that has set the project back about a year and cost an extra $30 million)... kind of pathetic that this is all the liberal faggots who run this school care about, honestly...

Either way what you learned in those classes was done at UNT, that should count for something. I hate when people graduate from one of the smaller unis but root for UT/A&M. As far as you having trouble rooting when things aren't going well, that would make you a fairweather fan which is only a small notch above bandwagon fan. La Tech won the West and a bowl game last yr btw so they weren't mediocre at all.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Either way what you learned in those classes was done at UNT, that should count for something. I hate when people graduate from one of the smaller unis but root for UT/A&M. As far as you having trouble rooting when things aren't going well, that would make you a fairweather fan which is only a small notch above bandwagon fan. La Tech won the West and a bowl game last yr btw so they weren't mediocre at all.
I just lose interest, and being a "fairweather" fan is natural especially when you're a Spurs fan born in 1994 with the Memorial Day Miracle as your first significant memory of the Spurs. I hate elitists who think that one type of fan is inherently better than another. How we choose to live our lives is our prerogative, and think about it practically -- if your team sucks, would you rather mindlessly go cheer them on or hang out with friends and go bowling and get laid? If your team is winning and fighting for something big, however, do you then postpone the bowling/laser tag/alcohol/pussy and watch what could be a historical and awesome moment for your team?

For the record I've always liked A&M, but not UT. I still prefer UT over the faggy SEC teams east of Texas that think they're the shit, though.