PDA

View Full Version : Battlebots 2015

SpursforSix
08-05-2015, 11:40 AM
I'm glad I recorded this because there is only about 10 minutes of action in each hour long show. So I got through the whole season in couple of hours just skipping to the matches.

I watched this for a season or two about 10 years ago but it got old pretty quick. But not bad this year. I thought Tombstone would win but he was beat in the finals. I'd hate to get hit in the shins with this thing.

2mRTh3vIsug

Pauly D
08-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Doesn't Alison Haislip host that show? Fuck I love her. She's occasionally on a thing called Movie Fights on youtube

SpursforSix
08-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Doesn't Alison Haislip host that show? Fuck I love her. She's occasionally on a thing called Movie Fights on youtube

yeah...I had to look up the name but she's on there. She has a very high cool chick factor.

UZER
08-06-2015, 12:15 AM
Show was awesome this season. Thought tombstone was a lock, but ended being a victim of his own strength, too much torque.

I don't like that fact that they can change parts of the robot that make it a completely different battle to battle.

you come and battle as you were designed, end of story. Repairs, fine. Redesigns, shouldn't be allowed.

spurraider21
08-06-2015, 12:23 AM
:lol i remember thinking this show was so cool when i was 8 tbh

SpursforSix
08-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Show was awesome this season. Thought tombstone was a lock, but ended being a victim of his own strength, too much torque.

I don't like that fact that they can change parts of the robot that make it a completely different battle to battle.

you come and battle as you were designed, end of story. Repairs, fine. Redesigns, shouldn't be allowed.

Exactly. I was sure Tombstone was going to do the same thing every match and just tear up the opponent. But the last 2 matches, he faced heavier bots which like you said, caused his own force to hurt him.
Yeah, I agree that you shouldn't be able to change designs in the middle.

I will say, it was cool when the MIT (I think) kids had the present with the net inside. Although they replayed the match, it was pretty genius.

Fabbs
06-30-2016, 10:23 PM
Not sure I like the new rules that they can shoot not only flames but ____.

"Brutus" tonight freaking shooting some electric bolts or something clear across the room. Like 15 foot shot to waste "Mobius".

Fabbs
06-30-2016, 10:41 PM
I'm glad I recorded this because there is only about 10 minutes of action in each hour long show. So I got through the whole season in couple of hours just skipping to the matches.
this.

Aztecfan03
07-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Not sure I like the new rules that they can shoot not only flames but ____.

"Brutus" tonight freaking shooting some electric bolts or something clear across the room. Like 15 foot shot to waste "Mobius".

It was just special effects. nothing that actually damaged moebius. Mobius just fell apart on its own because it was built poorly.

That's why listnening to some of the commentary can be good.

Fabbs
07-01-2016, 03:57 PM
It was just special effects. nothing that actually damaged moebius. Mobius just fell apart on its own because it was built poorly.
Ya Mobius did not even get out of his starting square before acting up. That's why I thought maybe the volts were for real.
Aside from that, they let that one bot launch a completely separate drone that shoots flames. Two on one. That's b.s.

Ditto Son of Whyatchi which lets loose some separate bot that gets underneath opponents bots. Once again that's two on one if I am managing the rules.

UZER
07-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Ya Mobius did not even get out of his starting square before acting up. That's why I thought maybe the volts were for real.
Aside from that, they let that one bot launch a completely separate drone that shoots flames. Two on one. That's b.s.

Ditto Son of Whyatchi which lets loose some separate bot that gets underneath opponents bots. Once again that's two on one if I am managing the rules.

The drones are worthless right now. Without precise control like a hummingbird, they're just shooting fire at nothing. They'd be better served as a kamikazi drones.

MultiTroll
07-21-2016, 12:07 AM
Brazils "Minotaur" wasted New Jerseys "Blacksmith" to advance to 16.
Minotaur can take a punch. The hammer of Blacksmith just bounced off.
I'm catching up.

MultiTroll
07-21-2016, 12:21 AM
Red Devil with some sweet driving to smoke Witch Dr. in the upset.

UZER
07-21-2016, 07:21 AM
Brazils "Minotaur" wasted New Jerseys "Blacksmith" to advance to 16.
Minotaur can take a punch. The hammer of Blacksmith just bounced off.
I'm catching up.

Minotaur is my dark horse. Dude is a beast.

Fabbs
07-31-2016, 10:37 PM
Minotaur is my dark horse. Dude is a beast.
Nice seeing #27 Poison Arrow take out #6 Son of Whyatchi. Sent him flying.

Who can take out full of himself Tombstone?
Can Minotaur? It's got to be a bot that can take a hit. I don't see how any driving can avoid Tombstones spinner.

Fabbs
07-31-2016, 11:11 PM
:lol HyperShock swatting Whyatchis drone with a common yard rake.
:clap

Fabbs
07-31-2016, 11:31 PM

That's why listnening to some of the commentary can be good.
WTF the Feminazi movement has affected this show? I guess it is on ABC so...
That Ladybug looking thing clearly lost to Stinger. Instead a split decision for the pink haired Megatendo.
GTFO.

UZER
08-01-2016, 10:42 AM

That was some great ish!

UZER
08-01-2016, 10:43 AM
That Ladybug looking thing clearly lost to Stinger. Instead a split decision for the pink haired Megatendo.
GTFO.

Agree. She had no business winning that battle.

UZER
08-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Nice seeing #27 Poison Arrow take out #6 Son of Whyatchi. Sent him flying.

Who can take out full of himself Tombstone?
Can Minotaur? It's got to be a bot that can take a hit. I don't see how any driving can avoid Tombstones spinner.

Tombstone is tough. But his tires are exposed. Minotaur is quick. Might have a chance avoiding and coming in from the side.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Need to see Haislip or Chobot's titties

Aztecfan03
08-02-2016, 01:22 AM
GTFO.

Agreed. Megatento or whatever it was took a lot of hits and should have lost.

Aztecfan03
08-02-2016, 01:22 AM

That was awesome.

Fabbs
08-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Tombstone is tough. But his tires are exposed. Minotaur is quick. Might have a chance avoiding and coming in from the side.
The f is with their programming schedule. Two weeks ago the ep was moving into the final 16.
Last week they went back in time and it was round 32 to 16.

I can see now why OP said record each ep and blow thru it in 10 minutes.
I'm thinking the same can be said for the season. Just record the whole damn thing, don't watch it until seasons end.

Fabbs
08-18-2016, 05:02 PM
The drones are worthless right now. Without precise control like a hummingbird, they're just shooting fire at nothing. They'd be better served as a kamikazi drones.
Agree on the drones, they seem pretty harmless. But how about the little road warrior squares that a couple of the teams have? Separate little mobile squares that try to get underneath the opponent and cause havoc. I have not seen any of them do any damage, but in principle it still seems like extra units to me. Should be one machine only, no Add Ons.

Have you noticed how in several matches, one bot is wayy the phuck ahead on points after they score a disabling hit on opponent who is stranded. However, the opponent is not soo stranded that a 10 count has begun, but rather stunned and barely moving. Well, often times then the strike, instead of laying back and easily winning on points, decides to ram them. The ramming, rather then cause further damage actually helps the disabled bot to get running again. Not only running, but they end up winning the match.

Seen this happen a couple times. I think some drivers when wayy ahead on points should just take the win Mayweather style.

Fabbs
08-25-2016, 11:07 PM
Agree. She had no business winning that battle.
Ok the pink haired chick with the ladybug got knocked out. Good.

Next the Feminazi judges completely rip off Bite Force by giving a decision to Chomp with the dyke team leader.
GUAFB!
Bite Force controlled 90% of the fight.

Aztecfan03
08-26-2016, 02:35 AM
Ok the pink haired chick with the ladybug got knocked out. Good.

Next the Feminazi judges completely rip off Bite Force by giving a decision to Chomp with the dyke team leader.
GUAFB!
Bite Force controlled 90% of the fight.

That one could have gone either way. Bite FOrce controlled it, but Chomp did the damage.

Fabbs
08-26-2016, 10:08 AM
That one could have gone either way. Bite FOrce controlled it, but Chomp did the damage.
Bite Force with the moron driving, I'll give you that.
When another bot is all but disabled and the ONLY way they can win is with their one and only move, that stupid hatchet....stay the phuck out of the way and win easily by points. I still think Bite Force won on points.

UZER
08-26-2016, 05:08 PM
Bite Force with the moron driving, I'll give you that.
When another bot is all but disabled and the ONLY way they can win is with their one and only move, that stupid hatchet....stay the phuck out of the way and win easily by points. I still think Bite Force won on points.

:lol Chomp is an absolute joke. It looks like a fish out of water just flailing around uncontrollably. She had no business winning. She had one good shot the whole fight, granted it was the absolute perfect money shot, but other than than she was worthless.

Aztecfan03
08-27-2016, 10:23 PM
:lol Chomp is an absolute joke. It looks like a fish out of water just flailing around uncontrollably. She had no business winning. She had one good shot the whole fight, granted it was the absolute perfect money shot, but other than than she was worthless.
]
She had a couple more than that. Bite force had no shots except for pushing her into the spinning stuff because she took out his weapon right away.