PDA

View Full Version : Sean ****** and Kawhi Leonard

Ruler
08-06-2015, 12:24 PM
So I'm watching these old DRob games on NBA TV and the one on now, the '96 playoffs v. the Suns.

Sean loves to go into the post, back to basket, and iso'd on the weak side. Who does that remind you of that's also a SF? It looks like Sean has been involved in Kawhi's growth. :hat:lobt2:

daslicer
08-06-2015, 12:27 PM
Sean was Pippen Lite before the injuries and his kidney problem.

Spur|n|Austin
08-06-2015, 03:58 PM
No cussing in thread titles.

Dex
08-06-2015, 04:28 PM
No cussing in thread titles.

I love how SpursTalk only has two words blocked: **** and ******.

Spurtacular
08-06-2015, 05:23 PM

Funny stuff. I just realized it must be cos they got tired of people spelling Sean's last name wrong.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-06-2015, 05:28 PM
Elliоt was damn good in his prime, could honestly have been a superstar if it weren't for the health problems and mismanagement of the FO at the time

Proxy
08-07-2015, 02:48 AM
Sean was literally better than Pippen!!

Spurtacular
08-07-2015, 03:02 AM

In college.

Ice009
08-07-2015, 03:05 AM
I always thought that Sean was very talented but a little soft. I feel that if Pop was a head coach back then and got a hold of him earlier in his career he could have been a monster. He was really, really good under Pop and became a tougher, much better overall player when Pop took over as head coach. I would have loved to have seen what that version of Elliott could have done had he still have been healthy enough to play under Pop longer.

tatteredprince
08-07-2015, 07:20 AM
Memorial Day miracle! never to be forgotten, ey

mookie2001
08-07-2015, 08:07 AM
Sean Elliott made his living on the baseline. Kawhi is totally useless on the baseline

Sean Cagney
08-07-2015, 09:03 AM

I love Sean Eliott but no....

DDUBB1770
08-07-2015, 09:14 AM
Sean played with 1 acl ligament don't forget... Imagine how great he could have been if he didn't lose that at 14 years old... Pippens ugly ass can go fuck himself with that nasty ass wrinkled head!!! Remember when he tried to shave his head and his scalp was mor wrinkled than my ball sac!? YUCK!!!

Proxy
08-07-2015, 11:39 AM
I love Sean Eliott but no....

was hoping the double exclamation marks would indicate my sarcasm

Obstructed_View
08-07-2015, 12:04 PM
I always thought that Sean was very talented but a little soft. I feel that if Pop was a head coach back then and got a hold of him earlier in his career he could have been a monster. He was really, really good under Pop and became a tougher, much better overall player when Pop took over as head coach. I would have loved to have seen what that version of Elliott could have done had he still have been healthy enough to play under Pop longer.

I agree, but it's not like previous coaches didn't harp on getting him to attack the rim. I watched almost every game he played in, and the maddening thing about him for most of his career was his lack of aggression. The two playoff games that they showed on NBA TV yesterday showed how good Elliott was when he went aggressively into the paint. It also showed how badly David needed someone to help him. That game against Portland, where they played a lower-seeded team with an ailing Clyde Drexler and needed overtime to beat them despite David putting up nearly a quad double shows how much he needed help.

Obstructed_View
08-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Funny stuff. I just realized it must be cos they got tired of people spelling Sean's last name wrong.

Used to say "luck_the_fakers_luck_the_fakers_luck_the_fakers_lu ck_the_fakers_luck_the_fakers_luck_the_fakers_luck _the_fakers_luck_the_fakers_". They figured shaming people would force them to look up the spelling. They figured wrong.

DJR210
08-07-2015, 12:22 PM

Don't forget Glen ****** got his last name blocked after he revealed it to the forum

Kidd K
08-07-2015, 12:31 PM
Yeah I've been watchin' those old games too. Great to see DRob in action again for a full game.

Even the 2003 game they showed, "old ass about to retire DRob" was clearly better than any center we've had since.

Also, prime Tim Duncan master race.

Sean Cagney
08-07-2015, 01:40 PM
was hoping the double exclamation marks would indicate my sarcasm

:lol, man it's Spurstalk you never know in here. Some are trolls and some are just flat out homers/player fans. He was good though, loved seeing Sean in his prime.
Yeah I've been watchin' those old games too. Great to see DRob in action again for a full game.

Even the 2003 game they showed, "old ass about to retire DRob" was clearly better than any center we've had since.

Also, prime Tim Duncan master race.I was at work and they had this on the TV's man, huge smile came on my face when I saw the 2003 game 6 and then the Suns game when they showed D Rob 40 Pts and 21 boards in game one on the screen. Watching him play live again in his prime = priceless. I miss D Rob.
I agree, but it's not like previous coaches didn't harp on getting him to attack the rim. I watched almost every game he played in, and the maddening thing about him for most of his career was his lack of aggression. The two playoff games that they showed on NBA TV yesterday showed how good Elliott was when he went aggressively into the paint. It also showed how badly David needed someone to help him. That game against Portland, where they played a lower-seeded team with an ailing Clyde Drexler and needed overtime to beat them despite David putting up nearly a quad double shows how much he needed help.
People knock on D Rob for not getting a title before Tim at times but seriously he didn't have much help. He lead them to basically 55-60 win teams with little help out there. D Rob in his prime was an absolute freak of nature.

Spurtacular
08-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Used to say "luck_the_fakers_luck_the_fakers_luck_the_fakers_lu ck_the_fakers_luck_the_fakers_luck_the_fakers_luck _the_fakers_luck_the_fakers_". They figured shaming people would force them to look up the spelling. They figured wrong.

:lol

Kidd K
08-08-2015, 03:25 AM
I was at work and they had this on the TV's man, huge smile came on my face when I saw the 2003 game 6 and then the Suns game when they showed D Rob 40 Pts and 21 boards in game one on the screen. Watching him play live again in his prime = priceless. I miss D Rob.

Right? He was so good. . .even Spurs fans don't give him the respect he deserves (the ones that aren't old enough Spurfans to have been able to enjoy his huge contributons). VERY likable guy too. Never did or said anything that'd rub you the wrong way unlike so many current "stars" (Kobe, Melo, LeBron, Westbrook, Rose, Wade, etc).

The first jersey I ever got was a DRob jersey back in 4th grade lol.

Sean Cagney
08-08-2015, 11:44 PM
Right? He was so good. . .even Spurs fans don't give him the respect he deserves (the ones that aren't old enough Spurfans to have been able to enjoy his huge contributons). VERY likable guy too. Never did or said anything that'd rub you the wrong way unlike so many current "stars" (Kobe, Melo, LeBron, Westbrook, Rose, Wade, etc).

The first jersey I ever got was a DRob jersey back in 4th grade lol. D Robs was the second jersey I ever got believe it or not, the first one was Joe Dumars who I was also a huge fan of. Those two right there the eptimone of class and brought it on the court too without running their mouths.

D Rob is vastly underrated by some nowadays, in his prime those numbers he put up on those teams when he was the main focus was insane. D Rob was a freak of nature out there to say the least, dude could run like a gazelle and jump out of the building. He was the first Center of his kind, more athletic than any big man I have ever seen and just flat out scary to see him in his prime.

G-Dawgg
08-09-2015, 12:55 AM
It's funny how people forget how good Elliott was when he still played. There are only a select few sf starters in the game now that are better than he was in his prime..

Sean Cagney
08-09-2015, 01:46 AM
It's funny how people forget how good Elliott was when he still played. There are only a select few sf starters in the game now that are better than he was in his prime..Thing is that Elliotts prime was short lived. That year in Detroit really hurt him also IMO, if he is in SA that year he gets his regular 16-20 PPG he was getting those few years in his prime. I loved watching Sean those few years in his prime in SA though, especially the 94-96 Elliott who was at his peak. He could also dunk his ass off people forget, that one dunk over Divac we talked about for days while playing ball. He had some serious ups and his shot was smooth, dude was also a very good defender in his prime. Sean was an all star at his best but he with the kidney issues etc. didn't stay at that peak too long.

Kawhitstorm
08-09-2015, 04:08 AM
Sean ****** was the Paul Pierce lite.

z0sa
08-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Tough choice between those two. Sean's definitely more clutch. Hopefully Kawhi improves on his late game FT shooting. It's basically his Achilles Heel right now.

mudyez
08-09-2015, 08:35 AM
I miss the Luck_The_Fakers times :depressed

The_Klaw
08-10-2015, 12:27 AM
Sean Elliott made his living on the baseline. Kawhi is totally useless on the baseline
Kawhi can't attacking from baseline? We watched him took a pass, drove the baseline and made hook shots, jump shots, dunks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8TsYe4BNwI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxvaETGRgZU

mookie2001
08-10-2015, 01:27 AM
First video from two years ago is good. Second was not baseline

I love the videos but having zero baseline moves is kawhis second major weakness. He actually runs away from the baseline in fear

The_Klaw
08-10-2015, 02:14 AM
Having zero baseline moves...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWrR8ZIDXRk
Video limited to only dunks still we see him driving baseline 0:51, 1:55, 4:53, 5:24,

mookie2001
08-10-2015, 09:54 AM
I love kawhi highlights but he has no baseline game. I would know because youtube only has the games ive seen.

I mean putting in work on the baseline. Punish his defender, use his size and strength, draw a double team, sacrifice that body for easy trips to the line, work the referees for later in the game. Obviously he's a great athlete and he's gonna get wide open dunks

I don't expect him to be Carmelo Anthony or Antwan Jamison or Paul Pierce or Antoine Walker or Jamal mashburn or Michael Finley or Jimmy Jackson but i expect him to use the whole court, like a small forward should. I want him to improve his all around game

He's a catch and shoot and wide open dunk player. Last season he added a pullup and a turn round but he's 6-6 with little lift on his shot. With no go-to move he becomes predictable and erratic on offense

Spur|n|Austin
08-10-2015, 01:22 PM

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/4132357/whi_baseline.gif

The_Klaw
08-10-2015, 10:31 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/4132357/whi_baseline.gif

Nice video but "he has no baseline game"

Kawhi never "punished his defender with his size and strength", he never "draw a double team" last season, "I would know because youtube only has the games I've seen"

The_Klaw
08-10-2015, 10:39 PM
"he's 6-6" 6-7
"That's not true, I would know it, because youtube only has the players sizes I've seen"

The_Klaw
08-10-2015, 10:44 PM
"He ain't got all around game"

TampaDude
08-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Sean ******

:lmao

What's the four-letter word that's censored? Could it be ****?

Yup, that's it!

:lmao