PDA

View Full Version : Joe Flacco: Elite Quaterback?

UNT Eagles 2016
08-07-2015, 11:40 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2541898-man-videobombs-chris-matthews-hardball-debate-preview-with-joe-flacco-sign

tbh

Avante
08-08-2015, 02:35 AM
He's kind of a unique case. It's not like..."hell yes Tom Brady is elite, DUH!!!!!!!"...and it's not..."Ryan Fitzpatrick elite, are you kidding me, hell no!" With Flacco it's....hmmmmmmm?

He does appear to rise to the occasion come the playoffs, and he's had a lot of playoiff success. But, there are at least a dozen current QB's I'd rather have.

I guess.

Infinite_limit
08-08-2015, 03:20 AM
He's kind of a unique case. It's not like..."hell yes Tom Brady is elite, DUH!!!!!!!"...and it's not..."Ryan Fitzpatrick elite, are you kidding me, hell no!" With Flacco it's....hmmmmmmm?

He does appear to rise to the occasion come the playoffs, and he's had a lot of playoiff success. But, there are at least a dozen current QB's I'd rather have.

I guess.
Dozen?

He's about equal with Romo and Tony is considered Top 6 range

Avante
08-08-2015, 03:56 AM
Dozen?

He's about equal with Romo and Tony is considered Top 6 range

Rodgers
Brady
Rivers
Peyton
Brees
Big Ben
Rivers
Luck
Russell
Romo

Hmmmm?

Infinite_limit
08-08-2015, 04:01 AM
Rodgers
Brady
Rivers
Peyton
Brees
Big Ben
Rivers
Luck
Russell
Romo

Hmmmm?
I put Flacco equal with Rivers. Romo and Big Ben range.

Luck will eclipse these guys this season. Brees will fall out of Top 4 range. Russell on the outside of all these guys.

Avante
08-08-2015, 05:04 AM
I put Flacco equal with Rivers. Romo and Big Ben range.

Luck will eclipse these guys this season. Brees will fall out of Top 4 range. Russell on the outside of all these guys.

How much do you actually know about football?

Infinite_limit
08-08-2015, 05:17 AM
How much do you actually know about football?
1 player more than you

Avante
08-08-2015, 10:44 AM
1 player more than you

Really?

Talk to me about that Niner who never played college football. Go ahead.

DeadlyDynasty
08-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Flacco has the biggest dick in the league

Trill Clinton
08-08-2015, 12:55 PM
he had a elite post season run a few years ago, but he is not elite.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Rodgers
Brady
Rivers
Peyton
Brees
Big Ben
Rivers
Luck
Russell
Romo

Hmmmm?
The only guys I'd put ahead of healthy Romo, and even Peyton is somewhat questionable at his age coming off a relative down year where he went from 51 TD to a lot less

- Wilson is overrated, let's make no bones about that. If and when the defense that has carried him since he entered the league abandons ship to take more money elsewhere, the Seahawks won't sniff the playoffs.

- Brees had his heyday (2009-2011 was his peak) but he is largely a system player in a system that has been in steady decline since bountygate. They couldn't even win home games consistently last year and the formerly dynamic Saints offense just wasn't existent.

- Rivers always has been overrated. They make a bottom wildcard one year around a slew of years without making the playoffs, and Rivers consistently screws up somehow. Even with a decent surrounding team they manage to miss the playoffs by losing to the Chiefs who were shorthanded and lived on field goals. Not a bust, but a perennial disappointment. And why did you list him twice?

- Big Ben is oft-injured and washed up these days. He still has his moments for sure, but he's far less effective than he used to be. His quickness and ability to keeping pass plays alive that had once defined him has all but disappeared.

Clipper Nation
08-08-2015, 03:33 PM
ElitePERIOD

Avante
08-08-2015, 03:41 PM
The only guys I'd put ahead of healthy Romo, and even Peyton is somewhat questionable at his age coming off a relative down year where he went from 51 TD to a lot less

Notice how you'd never ask this question about Tom Brady or RGIII? There it's...HELL YES! and HELL NO! Having to ask about Flacco pretty much tells the story. With him we can have a realistic debate. I do lean slightly towards...I guess....but all it would take for me to...nope!...is a bad 2015.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Notice how you'd never ask this question about Tom Brady or RGIII? There it's...HELL YES! and HELL NO! Having to ask about Flacco prett ymuch tells the story. With him we can have a realistic debate. I do lean slightly towards...I guess....but all it would take for me to...nope!...is a bad 2015.
A bad 2015 for the Ravens, or a bad 2015 for Flaccmeister himself? Suppose they go 8-8 and miss the playoffs, with the Browns and Bengals ahead of them in the division. But Flacco has a quarterback rating in the 100-110 range. Then what?

Avante
08-08-2015, 04:10 PM
A bad 2015 for the Ravens, or a bad 2015 for Flaccmeister himself? Suppose they go 8-8 and miss the playoffs, with the Browns and Bengals ahead of them in the division. But Flacco has a quarterback rating in the 100-110 range. Then what?

Rating a player has nothing to do with team success, you save that for the coaches.

Dan Fouts never even played in a SB, he's a Hall of Famer. Everyone who follows the game gets it, we all know what it's like on a QB to be constantly behind and when in front can't protect a lead. That's no reflection on the QB.

And it works the other way, Tony Eason, Stan Humphries, Trent Dilfer in Superbowls? Dan Marino never winning one?

Flacco doesn't have to win, he just has to put up the stats that compare to those who do.

TheCultOfPersonality
08-08-2015, 11:25 PM
Joe Flacco: Elite Quarterback?
No.

Infinite_limit
08-08-2015, 11:54 PM
If Flacco maintains his level of play he'll be considered Elite by default.

Brady, Peyton, Brees and Rivers all gone soon. New generation as of now: Luck, Russell, Newton, Kaepernick, and Tannehill

AaronY
08-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Ya imho tbqh

spurraider21
08-09-2015, 08:34 PM
he had an elite postseason run in 2013. he's not an elite quarterback