PDA

View Full Version : Boomers hoping Spurs' Mills can fill in against Tall Blacks

bigbendbruisebrother
08-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Australia coach Andrej Lemanis is reaching out to NBA star Patty Mills to replace injured point guard Dante Exum for their Rio Olympic basketball qualifying series against New Zealand.
Exum tore the ACL in his left knee during the Boomers' win over Slovenia in Ljubljana this week.
Mills missed the European tour as he continued his rehabilitation from a shoulder injury with the NBA club San Antonio but said he was available for the two-game series against the Tall Blacks.
Lemanis said he'd tried to contact Mills to come in for Exum in their opening match against New Zealand in Melbourne next Saturday.
"Patty is a logical fit for us given he knows the Boomers and he's obviously a very good player so we will work through that process," Lemanis said.

AFP

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/boomers-hoping-spurs-mills-can-fill-in-against-tall-blacks-2015080714#ixzz3i9KhSgEA

BatManu20
08-07-2015, 12:06 PM
No.

Chinook
08-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Funny, you'd think that'd be Kenya's nickname rather than NZ's.

And yes, I know where it actually comes from.

Obstructed_View
08-07-2015, 12:17 PM
You almost got me, Chin. :lol

jesterbobman
08-07-2015, 02:44 PM
Nothing can beat the (old) NZ Badminton team name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badminton_New_Zealand

Beaverfuzz
08-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Not happening.

Godbama
08-07-2015, 02:51 PM
No.

Biernutz
08-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Patty said he will play with the Boomers after the team lost Dante Exum
to a injury. Patty said his shoulder was good and expects no trouble in the
games with New Zealand on Aug 15 and 18.

Solid D
08-12-2015, 01:02 AM
Patty said he will play with the Boomers after the team lost Dante Exum
to a injury. Patty said his shoulder was good and expects no trouble in the
games with New Zealand on Aug 15 and 18.

So, Assistant GM Sean Marks is okay with this?

GSH
08-12-2015, 01:25 AM
I've never liked it. Especially after a guy has had a major injury. But if the rest of them are going to be allowed to do it, Patty might as well do whatever he damned well pleases too. If he re-injures that shoulder, it's a major blow to the Spurs. After all they have done, and all the pieces falling into place, it would be a damn shame to have it cocked up over this.

Budkin
08-12-2015, 01:35 AM
This is fucking bullshit.

YGWHI
08-12-2015, 01:41 AM
Mills was initially excluded from the Boomers squad to meet the Tall Blacks because he was not available for the European tour as he continued rehabilitation on a previously-operated shoulder. But with Exum injured, coach Andrej Lemanis recalled the man who led scoring at the 2012 London Olympics."
Mills is coming off a down year that was negatively affected by shoulder surgery last summer. He made only 34.1 percent of his threes and missed 31 games. During San Antonio's first-round series against the Los Angeles Clippers, Mills finally gave the offense a boost, but it was too little too late.
He'll be 27 years old next season, and the Spurs need Mills to support Tony Parker, who's not exactly the healthiest player in the world.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/patty-mills-will-replace-dante-exum-on-australian-national-team-081015

Articles stoking paranoia about Tony and Patty playing for their national teams.

DeRozan m8
08-12-2015, 02:54 AM
Im going to be there on Saturday so im fucking stoked tbh

Didn't expect it, awesome surprise.

08-12-2015, 07:03 AM
Not a big deal tbh

Spurtacular
08-12-2015, 07:25 AM
I've never liked it. Especially after a guy has had a major injury. But if the rest of them are going to be allowed to do it, Patty might as well do whatever he damned well pleases too. If he re-injures that shoulder, it's a major blow to the Spurs. After all they have done, and all the pieces falling into place, it would be a damn shame to have it cocked up over this.

We won't miss a beat with Jimmer on the squad.

exstatic
08-12-2015, 07:29 AM

It's not like he's fresh off surgery. He played most of the season and the playoffs last year. IIRC, the Spurs were fine with him playing the Oceana leg of the ANT schedule, they just wanted him to do more rehab that conflicted with the European leg, leading the ANT coach to kick him off the team.

GSH
08-12-2015, 09:17 AM
It's not like he's fresh off surgery. He played most of the season and the playoffs last year. IIRC, the Spurs were fine with him playing the Oceana leg of the ANT schedule, they just wanted him to do more rehab that conflicted with the European leg, leading the ANT coach to kick him off the team.

Oh, I was serious. I'm not crazy about summer ball, but it's a fact of life. And if the others are going to do it, why second guess Patty? I'd rather see him get some rest in between 82+ game seasons, and I hope nothing happens. But if you're gonna play, Patty, kick some Tall Black ass.

FkLA
08-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Yall need to stop with the damn paranoia. Playing for your country is an honor no player should be denied. Every other team in every other sport lets their players play in international competitions.

in2deep
08-12-2015, 11:17 AM
as long as its vs. the Tall Blacks and not the All Blacks, I think Patty with survive