PDA

View Full Version : NBA: MJ, on if he'd beat LeBron 1-on-1 in his prime: 'No question'

spursparker9
08-09-2015, 08:26 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/mj-if-hed-beat-lebron-1-1-his-prime-no-question?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&ref=yfp

Michael Jordan has gotten the question before, but he believes it's a pretty easy answer.

His Airness was doing a Q+A session at his 20th annual summer camp, Michael Jordan's Flight School, and was asked if he believed he'd beat LeBron James 1-on-1 in their respective primes.

Jordan's answer?

"If I was in my prime, could I beat LeBron in a one-on-one game? No question. And he's going to say no question."

James has two inches and 45 pounds on Jordan in his prime, but the competitor in Jordan would have made up for that.

Jordan also answered a number of basketball-related questions that's definitely worth viewing in the video below. Included in his answers? Saying he thinks the all-time Bulls would have "killed" the all-time Lakers. Your move, Shaq.

DMC
08-09-2015, 08:29 PM
What do you expect him to say? He's the most egotistical athlete of our time that could actually live up to it. He's never going to say anyone is better than him.

In other news the local pessimist could be getting a better view point, but when asked he replied "I doubt it happens".

jeebus
08-09-2015, 08:50 PM
This is like asking if Mayweather would beat Rousey. Of course the answer is "no question".

TXstbobcat
08-09-2015, 08:54 PM
MJ was the ultimate competitor on the court. He Would never think anyone could beat him.

HemisfairArena
08-09-2015, 08:55 PM
http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/mj-if-hed-beat-lebron-1-1-his-prime-no-question?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&ref=yfp

Michael Jordan has gotten the question before, but he believes it's a pretty easy answer.

His Airness was doing a Q+A session at his 20th annual summer camp, Michael Jordan's Flight School, and was asked if he believed he'd beat LeBron James 1-on-1 in their respective primes.

Jordan's answer?

"If I was in my prime, could I beat LeBron in a one-on-one game? No question. And he's going to say no question."

James has two inches and 45 pounds on Jordan in his prime, but the competitor in Jordan would have made up for that.

Jordan also answered a number of basketball-related questions that's definitely worth viewing in the video below. Included in his answers? Saying he thinks the all-time Bulls would have "killed" the all-time Lakers. Your move, Shaq.

I've said this over and over again,,,there is no Laker team in their history that would beat that 72 win Bulls team,,,

lefty
08-09-2015, 09:21 PM
Except the 87 Lakers tbh

BD24
08-09-2015, 09:53 PM
I've said this over and over again,,,there is no Laker team in their history that would beat that 72 win Bulls team,,,
I agree with your statement.
But an all time team is a collection of the best players in the teams history. In that case an all time Lakers team would murder an all time bulls team. It pains me to say as much, but its the truth.

HemisfairArena
08-09-2015, 10:10 PM
I agree with your statement.
But an all time team is a collection of the best players in the teams history. In that case an all time Lakers team would murder an all time bulls team. It pains me to say as much, but its the truth.

I took it meaning the best Laker team ever against the best Bulls team ever,,,which the Bulls win easily,,,

BD24
08-09-2015, 10:14 PM
I took it meaning the best Laker team ever against the best Bulls team ever,,,which the Bulls win easily,,,
I suppose we just have different definitions of all time team. I agree though that 72 win bulls team beats any Lakers team. Not sure about easily though, that year the Lakers nearly went undefeated in the playoffs with Shaq and Kobe was a pretty insane team. Who could stop prime shaq on that bulls team? Luc Longley? lol

HemisfairArena
08-09-2015, 10:21 PM
El,,,,you gotta remember MJ was so good he didn't need a center,,,he won with Bill Cartright, Longley, and Perdue,,,while the opposing team had centers that could play like Patrick Ewing, David Robinson, Hakeem(didn't Hakeem sweep Shaq in the Finals?,,,Hakeem didn't win shit til Jordan retired for 2 years), ect,,,,MJ/Pippen/Rodman is as lethal as you get as a 3 headed monster,,,good luck. They didn't go 87-13 in '96 over 100 games to win the title because they are overrated,,,

HemisfairArena
08-09-2015, 10:50 PM
and EL,,,,when that Pistons team beats a Shaq in his prime 4-1 with a Ben Wallace in the paint and no Jordan or Pippen just Billups as their MVP,,,,that speaks volumes what Jordan/Pippen/Rodamn would do,,,

BD24
08-09-2015, 10:54 PM
and EL,,,,when that Pistons team beats a Shaq in his prime 4-1 with a Ben Wallace in the paint and no Jordan or Pippen just Billups as their MVP,,,,that speaks volumes what Jordan/Pippen/Rodamn would do,,,
That was 2 years later mate. Plus that was the series Kobe decided he wanted to be the hero and chucked them right out of the series. Got his cookie taken by Rip Hamilton.

Look man I agree that Bulls team was better, but that Lakers team was damn dominant as well. I agree the Bulls team would win, I just don't think it would be as much of a beatdown as you think.

HemisfairArena
08-09-2015, 10:57 PM
When Shaq won his 3 peat he faced,,,the Pacers, Nets, and 76er's,,,please enlighten me who Shaq dominated that is a hall of fame center in those series. He folded like a cheap lawn chair against Ben Wallace,,,,

HemisfairArena
08-09-2015, 11:00 PM
And don't get me wrong, El,,,,I like Shaq,,,no question he carried Kobrick,,,but he couldn't beat the '96 Bulls team on his best day in a Finals series.

cd98
08-09-2015, 11:12 PM
When Shaq won his 3 peat he faced,,,the Pacers, Nets, and 76er's,,,please enlighten me who Shaq dominated that is a hall of fame center in those series. He folded like a cheap lawn chair against Ben Wallace,,,,

Yeah, but Shaq played good centers en route to those finals. He beat two Spurs teams with Duncan and Robinson. In his prime, he would kill the Bulls. They had no big that could guard him.

HemisfairArena
08-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Yeah, but Shaq played good centers en route to those finals. He beat two Spurs teams with Duncan and Robinson. In his prime, he would kill the Bulls. They had no big that could guard him.

Silly,,,he played Wallace and got bitch slapped 4-1. If Jordan doesn't "retire",,,they win 8 in a row,,,,,game over. Jordan never lost in the Finals,,,6-0.

adonis827
08-10-2015, 02:27 AM
Point less fantasy debates next

therealtruth
08-10-2015, 02:30 AM
Shaq played against the Bulls. He beat them in '95 on the way to the Finals and the Bulls beat them in '96 on the way to the championship. One of the key differences in '96 was Rodman who guarded Shaq at times. Here's Shaq struggling to score on Rodman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89IQcTPHkRs

TDMVPDPOY
08-10-2015, 07:17 AM
give me lebron

lebron is better competition at the wing then whatever bs jordan played against in the 90s

hand check or not, lebron is still a better defender then those self claim wannabe jordan stoppers who never appeared on any all defensive teams let alone dpoy...only worthy mention is gary payton, other then that jordan played against bs competition at the perimeter

Killakobe81
08-10-2015, 07:26 AM

all time is a different question than 72 win Bulls. And Im with Amb (i think it was him) that team is overrated. I am not even 100% convinced it's the best BULLS team, tbh ...

djohn2oo8
08-10-2015, 07:27 AM
give me lebron

lebron is better competition at the wing then whatever bs jordan played against in the 90s

hand check or not, lebron is still a better defender then those self claim wannabe jordan stoppers who never appeared on any all defensive teams let alone dpoy...only worthy mention is gary payton, other then that jordan played against bs competition at the perimeter
Jordan would get in his head.

Killakobe81
08-10-2015, 08:04 AM
LeBron is a beast and not shure MJ as strong as he was could deal with James down low ... but Lebron couldn't defend MJ either. I lean Mj here (but it's closer than anyone on either side would admit) not only for the mental game but because LeBron is most effective with team-mates because of his great passing and vision. he wouldn't be nearly as efficient 1 on 1. MJ plays more of a iso game (even in the triangle) which transfers more to 1 on 1 play.

Very few are MJ's equal or even close to jordan in iso play so smart money is on MJ here ...

SuperCam
08-10-2015, 09:02 AM
LeBron's efficient post and outside game vs MJ being forced into midrange shots. Easy lebron victory.

Fucking focus on running a franchise you dumb faggot, not daydreaming about this shit

Chinook
08-10-2015, 09:31 AM
The 72-win Bulls team would be at a disadvantage if they just got dropped into today's NBA. The Triangle is obsolete as a main offense, and motion offenses really changed how defenses could guard their men. Plus, three-pointers are worth more than twos. If the officials were modern, I'd think there would be handful of teams in the league today that would beat the Bulls in a series.

Raven
08-10-2015, 09:36 AM
The 72-win Bulls team would be at a disadvantage if they just got dropped into today's NBA. The Triangle is obsolete as a main offense, and motion offenses really changed how defenses could guard their men. Plus, three-pointers are worth more than twos. If the officials were modern, I'd think there would be handful of teams in the league today that would beat the Bulls in a series.

doubt it tbh, that team looked as modern game ready as any.. they were never an inside out team and they had plenty outside shooting