PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Michael Jordan: "I Love Kobe Like A Brother."

Koolaid_Man
08-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Here that Spur fan...:lol no homos allowed....ok....:lol no one gives a fuck about your cuck...

Actually, Kobe and I are good friends. I like Kobe, we talk a lot, I hope he comes back healthy. I think he’s one of the great players of the game, I think he’s done a lot for the game, and he has a true love for the game of basketball.

I absolutely have high regard for Kobe Bryant.

“Even though he stole all my moves, but that’s OK. I still love him like a brother.”

HemisfairArena
08-09-2015, 10:07 PM
What is it about you and man crushes?,,,,

cd98
08-09-2015, 11:14 PM
MJ always picks Kobe over LeBron.

Reck
08-09-2015, 11:29 PM
Bro, that's a huge diss at the end. He's giving him props but at the same time shitting on him by not being original and having his own style of play.

Kool you are a faggot.

Infinite_limit
08-10-2015, 04:07 AM
Here that Spur fan...:lol no homos allowed....ok....:lol no one gives a fuck about your cuck...
Why so angry?

Reck
08-10-2015, 04:45 AM
:lol no one gives a fuck about your cuck...

"Michael Jordan says Tim Duncan could have played in "Our era""

"Kobe and Duncan, however, seem like obvious answers. Bryant molded his game after Jordan but he had the physical ability and talent to thrive under any circumstances, not to mention the borderline-sociopathic tendencies some of the greats seem to have. While it would have been great to see Duncan go against in-their-prime Ewing and Hakeem, does anyone feel he would have been over matched? Duncan would have been an elite player back then just like he still is now."

The GOAT shitting on Kobe and praising a living legend at the same time. :lmao

LkrFan
08-10-2015, 05:08 AM
"Michael Jordan says Tim Duncan could have played in "Our era""

"Kobe and Duncan, however, seem like obvious answers. Bryant molded his game after Jordan but he had the physical ability and talent to thrive under any circumstances, not to mention the borderline-sociopathic tendencies some of the greats seem to have. While it would have been great to see Duncan go against in-their-prime Ewing and Hakeem, does anyone feel he would have been over matched? Duncan would have been an elite player back then just like he still is now."

The GOAT shitting on Kobe and praising a living legend at the same time. :lmao

No. MJ was being kind here. Jim would have been Brad Daughtery in the '80s. Brad Daughtery with superstar touch fouls = Jim. Same skillset, same demeanor. Daughtery sounds white, Jim married a white girl. The similarities between the two are stunning. Difference between the two? CIA POP.

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2015, 05:15 AM
No. MJ was being kind here. Jim would have been Brad Daughtery in the '80s. Brad Daughtery with superstar touch fouls = Jim. Same skillset, same demeanor. Daughtery sounds white, Jim married a white girl. The similarities between the two are stunning. Difference between the two? CIA POP.

Lol...We all know it...its not like MJ can come out and say what we already know...the dudes titles are suspect since he never repeated....so it's appropriate that MJ give Dorkan some a little props....that's all for media consumption....if he called Kwame Brown a flaming faggot..imagine what he'd call Tammy :lmao

Gent
08-10-2015, 05:16 AM

Somehow I will air on the side of the best player to ever play the game of basketball.

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2015, 05:18 AM
Notice how MJ has always mentioned Duncan after mentioning Kobe..almost as an afterthought...like " ooh I probably should mention this dudes name since he did manage to get 5 rings even though he could successfully defend any of his titles." :lol

Reck
08-10-2015, 06:22 AM

Terrible.

MJ is an asshole by nature. He doesn't or need to suck up to any player. So you miss.

Oh and the Brad Daugherty comparing is laughable to say the least. No wonder you're a joke around here.

Dude was beyond a scrub. No where near contending level let alone championship level. Again, you fail.

Chinook
08-10-2015, 09:22 AM
I guess for Kobe's sake it's good that MJ doesn't love him like a father.

Thread
08-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Notice how MJ has always mentioned Duncan after mentioning Kobe..almost as an afterthought...like " ooh I probably should mention this dudes name since he did manage to get 5 rings even though he could successfully defend any of his titles." :lol

Yep, and Duncan absolutely disgraced himself on this last failed defense. Came back home 3-2 & couldn't end it. What a panty waist.

JoeTait75
08-10-2015, 09:36 AM
I'm a homer, but I don't see anything insulting about comparing Duncan to Brad Daugherty. Had Daugherty played with a championship team and not been forced to retire at 29 he'd be a Hall of Famer, imo. Duncan is definitely a superior defensive player to Daugherty but offensively they're very comparable, imo. Either way it isn't as if Daugherty was some scrub. He was a damned good player.

Thread
08-10-2015, 09:41 AM
I'm a homer, but I don't see anything insulting about comparing Duncan to Brad Daugherty.

"Ducks on the pond, Joe, ducks on the pond."

Gent
08-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Agreed. Daugherty wasn't a scrub by any means.

But can't go as far as saying he's right there with Duncan. A lot of players in this league have comparable abilities to some extent but does that really count? It's the fundamentals of the game to start.

One has to look at the overall package and Daugherty lacked in many facets in his all around skillset.

Thread
08-10-2015, 09:59 AM
Agreed. Daugherty wasn't a scrub by any means.

But can't go as far as saying he's right there with Duncan.

Tait did, direct from the best location in the nation.

Gent
08-10-2015, 10:05 AM

Yes, and I respect his opinion but I disagree.

Both guys came into teams that were pretty much crap. Both made great contributions but just one elevated their team to the mountain peak and maintained it there for over 15 odd years and counting.

Cant argue with that.

JoeTait75
08-10-2015, 10:07 AM

Not really. I said Duncan is a better defender, which he is. He's also had a much longer career than Daugherty, and durability is just as important as ability. So all around Duncan is better. I'm just saying Daugherty was a really good player in his own right and that the two have similar offensive skill-sets.

phyzik
08-10-2015, 10:21 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251625&p

when are we raising the bar?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251741&p

ohh, wait, nevermind.

baseline bum
08-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I guess for Kobe's sake it's good that MJ doesn't love him like a father.

:lmao

ambchang
08-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Comparing Daugherty to Duncan is like comparing Kobe to Jordan.

daledondale
08-10-2015, 11:12 AM
"Even though he stole all my moves, but that’s OK"
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/125284_o.gif

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2015, 11:55 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/125284_o.gif

Nothing but MJ teasing his little brother.... stop hating Spur fan...MJ would never say that he and Tammy talk all the time and are like brothers...MJ not finna align himself with that gay shit..

LkrFan
08-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Terrible.

MJ is an asshole by nature. He doesn't or need to suck up to any player. So you miss.

Oh and the Brad Daugherty comparing is laughable to say the least. No wonder you're a joke around here.

Dude was beyond a scrub. No where near contending level let alone championship level. Again, you fail.
:lmao

LkrFan
08-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Comparing Daugherty to Duncan is like comparing Kobe to Jordan.

Yeah, actually. Both comparisons have merit.

ambchang
08-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Yeah, actually. Both comparisons have merit.

Very much.

Having merit and actually being comparable are two different things.

UZER
08-10-2015, 03:56 PM
MJ - Kobe is great
Lakerfan - Game recognize game. He speaks the truth.

MJ - Duncan would be great in any era
Lakerfan - MJ is just being nice.

DMC
08-10-2015, 04:05 PM
I've got two brothers - James and Larry - they're 5'4", 5'5" in height. (laughs) They gave me all I could ever ask for as a brother in terms of competition. You know you would think - my brother Larry is an ideal situation where small things come in small packages; this dude fought me every single day. And to the extent that my mother used to come out and make us come in because we were fighting way too much. And my older brother was always gone - he served in the Army for 31 years. (applause)

That's Kobe.

DMC
08-10-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm a homer, but I don't see anything insulting about comparing Duncan to Brad Daugherty. Had Daugherty played with a championship team and not been forced to retire at 29 he'd be a Hall of Famer, imo. Duncan is definitely a superior defensive player to Daugherty but offensively they're very comparable, imo. Either way it isn't as if Daugherty was some scrub. He was a damned good player.

Had he played with a championship team? You mean like Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson, Tiago Splitter, Cory Joseph, Jeff Ayres? That caliber?

You're the biggest two faced homer faggot on this forum.

Koolaid_Man
08-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Had he played with a championship team? You mean like Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson, Tiago Splitter, Cory Joseph, Jeff Ayres? That caliber?

I thought that was me

DMC
08-10-2015, 04:22 PM
I thought that was me
You're just a troll forum reject who has nothing else to do all day except empty his shit and piss sacks and wear out his fucking keyboard typing brainless shit.

JoeTait75
08-10-2015, 04:35 PM

Don't get all butthurt over a simple statement, DMC. It's not like I called Duncan a coattail rider.

It's just funny to me how people here get a hair up their butt whenever the Daugherty comparison comes up. You'd think they were comparing Tim to Yinka Dare and not a five-time All-Star who averaged 19.5/9.5 in an era of great big men.

InRareForm
08-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Kobe got friend zoned by the GOAT

LkrFan
08-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Lol...We all know it...its not like MJ can come out and say what we already know...the dudes titles are suspect since he never repeated....so it's appropriate that MJ give Dorkan some a little props....that's all for media consumption....if he called Kwame Brown a flaming faggot..imagine what he'd call Tammy :lmao:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
08-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Brad would have been an all star in this era. Not sure what BNSF all spun up about the comparison I made. The only edge I'd give Duncan is defense and health. Brad was "The Big Fundamentals" before Duncan. Problem was he always seemed to get hurt. No doubt in my mind had Brad's health held up, MJ doesn't have 6 rangs. Y'all had some squads - just couldn't get over the hump. Brad's health cost y'all 2-3 rangs IMHO.

Reck
08-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Brad would have been an all star in this era. Not sure what BNSF all spun up about the comparison I made. The only edge I'd give Duncan is defense and health. Brad was "The Big Fundamentals" before Duncan. Problem was he always seemed to get hurt. No doubt in my mind had Brad's health held up, MJ doesn't have 6 rangs. Y'all had some squads - just couldn't get over the hump. Brad's health cost y'all 2-3 rangs IMHO.

Muahahhahahaa

Stop posting and save those 3 brain cells you still have.

DMC
08-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Don't get all butthurt over a simple statement, DMC. It's not like I called Duncan a coattail rider.

It's just funny to me how people here get a hair up their butt whenever the Daugherty comparison comes up. You'd think they were comparing Tim to Yinka Dare and not a five-time All-Star who averaged 19.5/9.5 in an era of great big men.
Anyone on a championship team is a champion, dimwit. You flip flop worse than your balding hero.

DMC
08-10-2015, 07:57 PM

How many strides would it take for Tim to cross the Rio Grande vs how many it would have taken Brad? That's the only real measurement you can attest to.

LkrFan
08-10-2015, 08:05 PM
:cry Stop talking about my Timmaaay! :cry

:lol

Reck
08-10-2015, 08:12 PM
:lol

You can talk about the dude all you like. Doesn't make a case for what you're trying to sell.

Why are lakerfans always trying to diminish accomplishments made by their rival teams? Deluded fucks.

JoeTait75
08-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Anyone on a championship team is a champion, dimwit. You flip flop worse than your balding hero.

I'm not sure what point you're even trying to make, tbh.

DMC
08-10-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure what point you're even trying to make, tbh.
"Put him on a championship team and hes...."

How about he put himself on a championship team? Who the fuck made him play with shitsacks?

Venti Quattro
08-10-2015, 09:15 PM
The GOAT

ambchang
08-10-2015, 09:37 PM

Cavs were called a marshmallow team for a reason.

They have good talent at every position.
They have great team play on offense.

The problem is that they are not tough in defense.
Craig Ehlo was the designated Jordan defender. That alone means that they will not have won it all no matter how healthy Daugherty was.

That said, I loved daughertys game, but his offense wasn't as strong as Duncan. He was the better passer, but Duncan was the better outside shooter, way better low post game, much better use of angles, better floaters, better driving to the basket (especially early in their respective careers), quicker release, basically better everything.

Reck
08-10-2015, 09:52 PM
amb laying down some pipe!

JoeTait75
08-10-2015, 10:29 PM
"Put him on a championship team and hes...."

How about he put himself on a championship team? Who the fuck made him play with shitsacks?

Can you say for sure that Tim would have rang had he been drafted by, say, Vancouver? It isn't as if he came into a shit situation, San Antonio's 1996-97 tank job notwithstanding. It wasn't Brad Daugherty's fault the Cavs didn't win a title in those years.

LkrFan
08-11-2015, 05:17 AM
Cavs were called a marshmallow team for a reason.

They have good talent at every position.
They have great team play on offense.

The problem is that they are not tough in defense.
Craig Ehlo was the designated Jordan defender. That alone means that they will not have won it all no matter how healthy Daugherty was.

That said, I loved daughertys game, but his offense wasn't as strong as Duncan. He was the better passer, but Duncan was the better outside shooter, way better low post game, much better use of angles, better floaters, better driving to the basket (especially early in their respective careers), quicker release, basically better everything.Jordan has his highest average (scoring wise) verses the Lakers. He absolutely torches us - and B Scott in particular. Yet Showtime used to roll his ass on the regular. Then for good measure, they beat the team (Celtics) that used to whoop his ass in the Finals twice. So I don't buy that Ehlo defending Jordan theory. MJ was probably the best individual player in the game since he was drafted in 1984, but he didn't win shit until Bird's back blew out, NBA expansion, and when Kareem retired (which signaled the end of Showtime). You don't have to stop Jordan to beat the Bulls, like Showtime demonstrated. The Bulls also had Phil vs Wilkens which represented the difference your Spurs enjoy with Pop patrolling your sidelines.

Brad was soft, like Duncan is now. That's why he didn't rang in the '80s. I'd love to have seen Duncan go against the likes of Ewing, Oakley, Tree Rollins, The Worm, Mailman, Laimbeer, Mahorn, Anthony Mason, Barkley, X McDaniels, and a plethora of tough physical bigs. They would've punked Duncan just like they did Brad. Hell, Duncan got punked in the 2004 Olympics playing against some foreigners. You think he would be able to hang in the '80s? I don't. Like I said, he'd be Brad Daughtery had he played in that era. That’s no slight. Brad made a few all star teams in an era with elite bigs. He was just soft.

JoeTait75
08-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Brad was soft, like Duncan is now. That's why he didn't rang in the '80s. I'd love to have seen Duncan go against the likes of Ewing, Oakley, Tree Rollins, The Worm, Mailman, Laimbeer, Mahorn, Anthony Mason, Barkley, X McDaniels, and a plethora of tough physical bigs. They would've punked Duncan just like they did Brad. Hell, Duncan got punked in the 2004 Olympics playing against some foreigners. You think he would be able to hang in the '80s? I don't. Like I said, he'd be Brad Daughtery had he played in that era. That’s no slight. Brad made a few all star teams in an era with elite bigs. He was just soft.

Mark Price was the guy opponents would physically punish, not Daugherty. Price- who was the real engine of that team- got the living crap beat out of him and the Cavs didn't have anyone who was willing or able to make people pay for doing so. They actually drafted Charles Oakley (a native Clevelander) in 1985 but traded his rights for Keith Lee. Oakley would have been exactly what the Cavs needed- a bodyguard for Mark Price.

At the end of the day the Cavs just weren't good enough. They weren't physical enough, deep enough, athletic enough or tough enough. They weren't as good as the Bulls and probably weren't as good as Portland or Phoenix in the West. That was all there was to it.

DMC
08-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Can you say for sure that Tim would have rang had he been drafted by, say, Vancouver? It isn't as if he came into a shit situation, San Antonio's 1996-97 tank job notwithstanding. It wasn't Brad Daugherty's fault the Cavs didn't win a title in those years.

Tim was drafted by a team that never even made the Finals. Now he has 5 rings. That I can say for sure.

ambchang
08-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Jordan has his highest average (scoring wise) verses the Lakers. He absolutely torches us - and B Scott in particular. Yet Showtime used to roll his ass on the regular. Then for good measure, they beat the team (Celtics) that used to whoop his ass in the Finals twice. So I don't buy that Ehlo defending Jordan theory. MJ was probably the best individual player in the game since he was drafted in 1984, but he didn't win shit until Bird's back blew out, NBA expansion, and when Kareem retired (which signaled the end of Showtime). You don't have to stop Jordan to beat the Bulls, like Showtime demonstrated. The Bulls also had Phil vs Wilkens which represented the difference your Spurs enjoy with Pop patrolling your sidelines.

Jordan averaged 28.6ppg vs. Scott, that is below his career average, not to mention that Scott played Jordan early in his career when Jordan scored more. So you are basically full of dung on that one.

When Jordan played the Celtics, his team was pretty bad, Pippen wasn't developed, they had Orlando Woolridge (defensive sieve if there ever was one) as the second best player on the team. Besides, there was no way the Cavs would have beaten those Celtic teams anyways, so they wouldn't be even getting to the Finals to face the Lakers, let alone winning any championships. But once the Bulls were fully formed, which was around 89 to 93, Jordan Bulls were there to torch them. The Cavs just didn't really have the talent of defense to go along with it.

I never said Jordan can singled handedly win the Bulls championships, because nobody could. I don't realistically expect any player in the history of the league to overcome Bird/McHale/Parish/Johnson/Walton when your best teammate was Orlando Woolridge and Charles Oakley.

Besides, Daughtery really missed one playoffs in his career, in 94, where the Cavs were swept by the Bulls in the first round. Do you seriously think a healthy Daughtery would have turn a sweep into even a 3-2 win?

In 89-90, which was the year he missed the most games, he missed them at the beginning of the season, and he did well in the playoffs.

Finally, Wilkens was a fine coach, he just never really had the talent. And it's hilarious how in one single paragraph you can totally ignore the quality of teammates, then cite a coach as some sort of Godlike figure that can overcome the lack of talent.

Duncan went through the Wallace brothers, the Knicks, the Nets, Shaq, the Mailman and all, and he's not tough? He won the FMVP on two sprained ankles, equaling the production of the Wallace brothers by himself and he is not tough? He made Kobe and Fisher cry in public, and he's not tough? He has been the anchor of one of the best defense in the league history for over a decade and he is not tough? Yeah, Duncan is so soft, he won 2MVPs, 3 FMVP, ROY, 10 All-NBA 1st teams, 8 All NBA 1st D teams, and led the league in rebounds once. Which other soft player ever led the league in rebounds? You know how tough it is to get rebounds in the league, right?

Saying Duncan isn't tough is like saying you are not retarded. I mean, Jordan thought Duncan would excel in any era, so I am going to go with Jordan instead of you, especially when your strongest argument was "I don't".

As for 04, 9 of the 12 elected players decided not to play, and they went against the best shooting guard of his era, Manu Ginobili.

TDMVPDPOY
08-11-2015, 09:04 AM
but isnt gerald wilkins a jordan stopper? roflmao

z0sa
08-11-2015, 09:12 AM
:cry Tim's soft :cry

Gent
08-11-2015, 11:03 AM
So much ignorance in this thread.

Koolaid_Man
08-14-2015, 07:32 AM
So much ignorance in this thread.

Actually the arguements against Tammy are spot on.....homo homers like Amb and Dmc and nucking futs