PDA

View Full Version : E-Cigs Vs Regular Cigs

Big Empty
08-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Has anyone switched? Any thoughts on switching to the E ciggarettes?

SpursforSix
08-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Has anyone switched? Any thoughts on switching to the E ciggarettes?

I don't smoke but I'm amazed at how many vape stores have opened up. More than I think could be supported and yet... there they all are.

spurraider21
08-10-2015, 12:13 PM
they're both stupid. one of them is funnier because its used by stupid people who are trying hard not to look stupid

The Gemini Method
08-10-2015, 01:10 PM
they're both stupid. one of them is funnier because its used by stupid people who are trying hard not to look stupid So you vape?

The Gemini Method
08-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Shitty people judgements aside--I used to smoke. Not a pack a day smoker, but I would probably say I'd smoke 4-6 cigarettes a day. I tried quitting the conventional ways and nothing rally helped. I was fortunate to get in on the e-cig fad way before the boom of the shops and actually helped my friend get his company off the ground. I used it as I continued to lower the nicotene level until I was at 3MG and did that for almost a year. until I hit 0mg and then I made a vow to myself that it would be within a short amount of time I'd quit both. I did quit vaping first then actual smoking and have been smoke/vape free for 14 months. Of course, I wouldn't have had to quit something if I didn't start it, but things happen and If it weren't for something to assist me, I'd probably still be smoking. So do whatever it takes to quit .

SpursforSix
08-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Shitty people judgements aside--I used to smoke. Not a pack a day smoker, but I would probably say I'd smoke 4-6 cigarettes a day. I tried quitting the conventional ways and nothing rally helped. I was fortunate to get in on the e-cig fad way before the boom of the shops and actually helped my friend get his company off the ground. I used it as I continued to lower the nicotene level until I was at 3MG and did that for almost a year. until I hit 0mg and then I made a vow to myself that it would be within a short amount of time I'd quit both. I did quit vaping first then actual smoking and have been smoke/vape free for 14 months. Of course, I wouldn't have had to quit something if I didn't start it, but things happen and If it weren't for something to assist me, I'd probably still be smoking. So do whatever it takes to quit .

Maybe you can provide some insight as to the number of stores all over the place. What could possible merit that many shops dedicated to selling vape stuff? Especially when the places that previously sold cigarettes (like conveniences stores) are carrying the e-cigs also.

The Gemini Method
08-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Maybe you can provide some insight as to the number of stores all over the place. What could possible merit that many shops dedicated to selling vape stuff? Especially when the places that previously sold cigarettes (like conveniences stores) are carrying the e-cigs also. Probably built on the accessorizing of the whole e-cig thing. I haven't used it in a year or so but I still see tons of stores that are floated by the juice makers or the "mod designers" and anything that promotes supposed aid in quiting the worst addiction this side of OTC painkillers, its doing to look lucrative for someone to have 30-50K in start up funding. I mean, here in SoCal you can pretty much walk down a main thoroughfare and run into a Vape Shop. Personally, I think its an attempt to get in on something that if you did it right, it may be profitable. I know in Houston they have a E Cig City and that so-called chain has been dominating here in the SoCal area. As for the Convenience stores, they tend to sell the disposable ones. More of the lasting modules lets you customize your e-cig and allows you to do ephemeral things (which I never got) like making big clouds. However, it does allow a user to utilize a lengthier e-cig if its the mechanical vs Blu type E-cig.

SpursforSix
08-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Probably built on the accessorizing of the whole e-cig thing. I haven't used it in a year or so but I still see tons of stores that are floated by the juice makers or the "mod designers" and anything that promotes supposed aid in quiting the worst addiction this side of OTC painkillers, its doing to look lucrative for someone to have 30-50K in start up funding. I mean, here in SoCal you can pretty much walk down a main thoroughfare and run into a Vape Shop. Personally, I think its an attempt to get in on something that if you did it right, it may be profitable. I know in Houston they have a E Cig City and that so-called chain has been dominating here in the SoCal area. As for the Convenience stores, they tend to sell the disposable ones. More of the lasting modules lets you customize your e-cig and allows you to do ephemeral things (which I never got) like making big clouds. However, it does allow a user to utilize a lengthier e-cig if its the mechanical vs Blu type E-cig.

ah...I didn't realize there even was a disposable one. Makes a little more sense I guess. Still seems like a saturated market that could be very tough to sell enough to consistently cover rent plus get back any original investment. I still don't think I've seen more than 10 people smoking e-cigs or vaping.

The Gemini Method
08-10-2015, 01:43 PM
ah...I didn't realize there even was a disposable one. Makes a little more sense I guess. Still seems like a saturated market that could be very tough to sell enough to consistently cover rent plus get back any original investment. I still don't think I've seen more than 10 people smoking e-cigs or vaping. Well, I have seen shops go under. Since I don't use any of the stuff anymore, I'm not always hip to what's going on. I think that there is still a slight market and if can get the really good e-cigs you'll have some people clamoring for it. It's huge in the Asian/Pacific Islander culture. As many of the so-called mods come from Korea/Philippines/and Italy so its akin to the Sneaker game...collect what is hot I guess.

SpursforSix
08-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Well, I have seen shops go under. Since I don't use any of the stuff anymore, I'm not always hip to what's going on. I think that there is still a slight market and if can get the really good e-cigs you'll have some people clamoring for it. It's huge in the Asian/Pacific Islander culture. As many of the so-called mods come from Korea/Philippines/and Italy so its akin to the Sneaker game...collect what is hot I guess.

I see them pop up in both high rent areas and then also in the most random run down strip malls. But I'm out of that loop obviously. Especially about modifications. Maybe some are positioning themselves as head shops also. That just reminded me that I bought something called a ProtoPipe many years ago thinking it was super cool and it turned out to be a gigantic expensive hassle. Holy shit...just now see they are still selling it. And I had no idea that it's been around since the 60's. Well, I guess you learn something every day. This information combined with the revelation about Beamon's record...I've had a banner day.

The Gemini Method
08-10-2015, 01:55 PM
I see them pop up in both high rent areas and then also in the most random run down strip malls. But I'm out of that loop obviously. Especially about modifications. Maybe some are positioning themselves as head shops also. That just reminded me that I bought something called a ProtoPipe many years ago thinking it was super cool and it turned out to be a gigantic expensive hassle. Holy shit...just now see they are still selling it. And I had no idea that it's been around since the 60's. Well, I guess you learn something every day. This information combined with the revelation about Beamon's record...I've had a banner day. Yeah, I know that about a few years ago they had a E-Cig from a company called AutoMixani from Greece that was popular. People would camp out to buy them at exorbitant prices It was somewhat a status symbol to the vapers. It was definitely akin to the Sneakerhead movement.

InRareForm
08-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Just drink coffee, does the same trick tbh...

z0sa
08-10-2015, 05:25 PM
E cigs are nice for when going outdoors is super inconvenient, ie during a movie or something. They also dont stink. But theres nothing like real smoke and tar in the ol' lungs tbh. Also, most flavors are overrated. I can do the hookah taste for a puff or two, but i dont get how people do it for the equivalent of like a pack of cigs or whatever. Also, when the coil starts burning out on an e cig the harshness on your throat is terrible.

Pick of Destiny
08-10-2015, 06:57 PM
The vape craze has taken over the smoking area.

DJR210
08-10-2015, 06:59 PM
E cigs are nice for when going outdoors is super inconvenient, ie during a movie or something

God damn, can't go a couple hours without a puff? Glad I didn't pick up this habit, weed is bad enough for me.

DMC
08-10-2015, 08:51 PM
It's a faggot thing. You see little neck beards vaping at the Starbucks and you want to punch them in the back of the head.

I guess if they put "Smoke this you'll fucking die" on it ya'll would buy even more of it, your lives must be that shitty.

Infinite_limit
08-10-2015, 10:01 PM
I vape. It tastes good and gives you a nice buzz. Does not have that metallic after taste as with classic cigarettes

z0sa
08-11-2015, 01:52 AM
God damn, can't go a couple hours without a puff? Glad I didn't pick up this habit, weed is bad enough for me.

I was more just making an example tbh

Reck
08-11-2015, 02:05 AM
Just drink coffee, does the same trick tbh...

A battle between bad teeth or bad breath. :lol

Gladly I do neither of those shitty habits.

I'm hooked on energy drinks though. Quick and painless.

Vagina
08-11-2015, 03:25 AM
After sex it just ain't the same. I need a real cig.

DJR210
08-11-2015, 09:17 AM

One way ticket to diabetes tbh.

InRareForm
08-11-2015, 10:14 AM

Lot of stuff that doesn't metabolize well in those drinks.... Had a co-worker get a cyst on lip from too much taurine and shit.

Infinite_limit
08-11-2015, 11:23 AM
If more Americans smoked, there would be alot less obesity

lil'mo
08-11-2015, 06:29 PM
I vape. It tastes good and gives you a nice buzz. Does not have that metallic after taste as with classic cigarettes

:lmao surprise surprise

Infinite_limit
08-11-2015, 06:36 PM
:lmao surprise surprise
EXCUSE ME

JudynTX
08-12-2015, 11:33 AM

My husband and I stopped smoking cigarettes 2 years ago and went to Vape. I'm almost to 0MG, he's at 12MG. (He was a pack a day). I love my vape because I can take it into bars. :D I want to quit vaping all together and that may happen by the end of the year.

SpursforSix
08-12-2015, 11:37 AM
My husband and I stopped smoking cigarettes 2 years ago and went to Vape. I'm almost to 0MG, he's at 12MG. (He was a pack a day). I love my vape because I can take it into bars. :D I want to quit vaping all together and that may happen by the end of the year.

gross...I never pictured you with a neckbeard

JudynTX
08-12-2015, 11:51 AM
gross...I never pictured you with a neckbeard

You don't even know me.

Xevious
08-13-2015, 04:40 AM

Yeah... ask any dentist which is worse for your teeth, coffee or energy drinks. Coffee may stain them, but energy drinks (or soda in general) eat your fucking enamel.

Reck
08-13-2015, 04:46 AM
Yeah... ask any dentist which is worse for your teeth, coffee or energy drinks. Coffee may stain them, but energy drinks (or soda in general) eat your fucking enamel.

Maybe.

But 2-3 energy drinks per week beats 7-days, often time multiple servings of coffee per day. Wouldn't you think?

Xevious
08-13-2015, 04:57 AM
Everything in moderation. I personally dont drink coffee every day. I don't touch energy drinks though, and have reduced my soda intake to maybe a few diet cokes a week. I used to suck down like a six pack of coke a day when I was younger.

Kim Jong-il
08-13-2015, 10:25 AM
Vaping is literally the douchiest activity in human history. There isn't an Ed Hardy shirt in existence that can identify a total douchebag the way a stupid vape stick dangling around your stupid faggy neck can.

I rest my case.

Infinite_limit
08-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Vaping is literally the douchiest activity in human history. There isn't an Ed Hardy shirt in existence that can identify a total douchebag the way a stupid vape stick dangling around your stupid faggy neck can.

I rest my case.
Dangling around the neck? It's smoked like a classic cigarette kiddo

SpursforSix
08-13-2015, 01:28 PM

I don't know about that

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/22900000/Ed-Hardy-shirts-t-shirts-22975394-600-866.jpg

Xevious
08-14-2015, 12:28 AM
Vaping is literally the douchiest activity in human history.

I think those assholes that wear bluetooth headsets have the vapers beat tbh. Seeing some dumbass talking with that stupid looking thing hanging out of his ear while he's at the urinal or whatever makes me want to kick his knees out from underneath him.

Infinite_limit
08-14-2015, 12:34 AM
Let's be honest. Sagging pants [bonus points for belt] is #1 douchiest

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/25/article-2432405-18424A1000000578-462_634x827.jpg

Would be approached and even beat up for dressing like that in other parts of the Globe

Chris
08-24-2019, 08:31 PM
https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/1165426342898405377?s=20