PDA

View Full Version : Omg...quit talking about Star Wars

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 11:10 AM
I loved the original when I was a kid and saw it in the theaters. But I'm tired of people calling it one of the best movies ever. And no reason to make the last three which are really the first three.

Avante
08-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Big sci fi buff here, my home library full of Clarke, Asimov, Heinlien etc. But, never did warm up to Stars Wars or Star Trek, weird.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Starting a Star Wars thread is the best way to stop hearing about Star Wars.

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Big sci fi buff here, my home library full of Clarke, Asimov, Heinlien etc. But, never did warm up to Stars Wars or Star Trek, weird.

I have a pretty soft spot in my heart for Star Trek. Used to watch the reruns as a kid. At the time, it was nice special effects for the small screen and a decent story every time. They did an amazing job at creating a new setting every week.
Star Wars on the other hand just happened to have the benefit of beating Battlestar Gallactica to the box office.

Infinite_limit
08-11-2015, 11:45 AM
Very bitter over them casting a black lead

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 11:47 AM

I remember my mom taking me to the toy store and asking them if they had the Star Wars figures yet. They went to the back and brought back one of each of the characters they had. Obi Wan, Luke, Han, Leah, Stormtrooper, and Darth Vadar.
Yep...I picked Stormtrooper and Darth Vadar because they looked the coolest. In fact, almost all of the villans were cooler than humans. The Tuskan Raider was badass. Boba Fett was my favorite though.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2015, 11:48 AM
I remember my mom taking me to the toy store and asking them if they had the Star Wars figures yet. They went to the back and brought back one of each of the characters they had. Obi Wan, Luke, Han, Leah, Stormtrooper, and Darth Vadar.
Yep...I picked Stormtrooper and Darth Vadar because they looked the coolest. In fact, almost all of the villans were cooler than humans. The Tuskan Raider was badass. Boba Fett was my favorite though.So you're not going to stop talking about Star Wars.

Quality thread. :tu

DisAsTerBot
08-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Very bitter over them casting a black lead

lmao bitter about a movie casting. you need a hobby other than being racist imho

DarrinS
08-11-2015, 12:07 PM

:lol

z0sa
08-11-2015, 12:14 PM
I have a pretty soft spot in my heart for Star Trek. Used to watch the reruns as a kid. At the time, it was nice special effects for the small screen and a decent story every time. They did an amazing job at creating a new setting every week.

Agreed. I love TOS; my favorite tv series of all time (mostly for nostalgia reasons).

Chinook
08-11-2015, 12:18 PM
It's overrated, I'll admit. But I do kinda like the fact that it's taken on a life of its own. You'll never confuse me with the biggest SW fans out there, but I have gotten lost in Wookiepedia a couple times.

mrsmaalox
08-11-2015, 12:31 PM
I don't care for Star Wars so I promise I won't talk about it :)

Pauly D
08-11-2015, 12:37 PM
New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are God Tier but Return is barely better than the prequels imo. And there's absolutely no reason to think these new ones will be anything more than average blockbusters.

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 12:45 PM
So you're not going to stop talking about Star Wars.

I'm talking about some toys genius. Not the movie.

I also remember how hard it was to initially find a Jawa. But this paled in comparison to the quest for Yoda. That was by far the hardest one to find.

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 12:49 PM
But if we're talking about action figures...this was the GOAT...

Die cast metal, spring loaded arms and weapons.

http://www.wildtoys.com/shogun/ShogAct/act2nddragun.jpg

ChumpDumper
08-11-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm talking about some toys genius. Not the movie.

I also remember how hard it was to initially find a Jawa. But this paled in comparison to the quest for Yoda. That was by far the hardest one to find.Yes, because talking about Star Wars toys is somehow not talking about Star Wars.

Infinite_limit
08-11-2015, 12:54 PM
lmao bitter about a movie casting. you need a hobby other than being racist imho
Because the media doesn't directly affect society in the USA

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 12:55 PM
Yes, because talking about Star Wars toys is somehow not talking about Star Wars.

they're...toys...get it? when I ask someone if they've seen Star Wars, no one every replies, "you mean the toys? or the movie?".

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 01:08 PM
better than talking about spurs' 14th or 15th guys off the bench and/or 1st or 2nd guys in suits in the stands

Do you have something pertinent to say? or are you begging me to jump through the screen and do a spinning double dragon kick to your head?

ChumpDumper
08-11-2015, 01:08 PM
they're...toys...get it? when I ask someone if they've seen Star Wars, no one every replies, "you mean the toys? or the movie?".They're Star Wars toys.

Also, you're talking about Star Was toys.

lol

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 01:09 PM
They're Star Wars toys.

Also, you're talking about Star Was toys.

lol

If you're feeling left out, you're welcome to discuss My Little Pony or Barbie.

ChumpDumper
08-11-2015, 01:11 PM
If you're feeling left out, you're welcome to discuss My Little Pony or Barbie.Don't get pissy. If you want to be a grown man talking about toys, by all means continue.

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 01:14 PM
Don't get pissy. If you want to be a grown man talking about toys, by all means continue.

How is talking about a cool toy any different than talking about a cool movie you saw?

ChumpDumper
08-11-2015, 01:17 PM
How is talking about a cool toy any different than talking about a cool movie you saw?It's a toy.

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 01:27 PM
It's a toy.

But you just told me that talking about a Star Wars toy was the same as talking about a Star Wars movie.

Chris
08-11-2015, 01:45 PM

:lol

Avante
08-11-2015, 01:51 PM
So you're not going to stop talking about Star Wars.

Why not show us how it's done ya fucking leech.

RD2191
08-11-2015, 01:52 PM
David derailing yet another thread.

apalisoc_9
08-11-2015, 01:57 PM
David derailing yet another thread.

Did you get a PM about abusing transgenders?

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Did you get a PM about abusing transgenders?

LOL. WTF?

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 02:30 PM
spinning double dragon kick

:corn:

that's what I said

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 02:31 PM
spinning double dragon kick

:corn:

oh...that was your choice.

trust me little fella...you don't want the spinning double dragon kick

SpursforSix
08-11-2015, 04:27 PM
http://www.museumofconceptualart.com/Jesusisms_vs_Bushisms/images/Bring%20Them%20On.jpg

I will rufie your pets and put buttsex in them

ohmwrecker
08-11-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the new shit. It looks good.

JoeChalupa
08-27-2015, 06:41 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the new shit. It looks good.

As am I.