PDA

View Full Version : Westworld - HBO

Pages : [1] 2

JudynTX
08-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Looking forward to this. The original movie with Yul Brynner was so good. Way ahead of its time.

https://youtu.be/OM8HNuRLIBI

SpursforSix
08-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Looking forward to this. The original movie with Yul Brynner was so good. Way ahead of its time.

https://youtu.be/OM8HNuRLIBI

You're posting too much.

But yes, Westworld was damn good back in the day.

JudynTX
08-12-2015, 11:47 AM
You're posting too much.

But yes, Westworld was damn good back in the day.

Pffft, says the person who has only been here a month and has 500 posts already. STFU

Are you XMAS or the other idiot?

SpursforSix
08-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Pffft, says the person who has only been here a month and has 500 posts already. STFU

Are you XMAS or the other idiot?

Quit hitting on me.

Bender
08-12-2015, 11:51 AM
CTOA

He identifies differently now. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

benefactor
10-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Starts tonight. :tu

DMX7
10-02-2016, 07:45 PM
The trailer looks amazing. I will be watching.

Boogie Munster
10-02-2016, 09:21 PM
First episode was amazing. Between this, Game of Thrones, Daredevil and so much more, 2016 is arguably the best year for television series.

benefactor
10-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Gonna be good sons

benefactor
10-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Harris is such a great fucking bad guy. Well casted.

leemajors
10-02-2016, 09:47 PM
First episode was amazing. Between this, Game of Thrones, Daredevil and so much more, 2016 is arguably the best year for television series.

Luke Cage is the best of 2016 so far, easily. Score can't be touched

DMX7
10-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Harris is such a great fucking bad guy. Well casted.

Anthony Hopkins is perfect too:)

DMC
10-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Anthony Hopkins is perfect too:)
That's been said a few times about him in his career.

DMX7
10-03-2016, 09:28 AM
That's been said a few times about him in his career.

Yeah, but I actually have never a big fan like some. I have always respected him but he is really good in this role.

Chinook
10-03-2016, 10:05 AM
Totally pretending this doesn't exist until the season is over. Very interested, but I binge-watch things rather than do the weekly thing.

Sportcamper
10-03-2016, 10:47 AM

Yul Brynner just nailed that gunslinger role…He scared the heck out of me …If Hollywood did a re make of Westworld they probably would cast Ben Affleck as the gunslinger…George Clooney as Peter Martin…And Jennifer Lopez as the Medieval Queen…:vomit:

DMX7
10-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Yul Brynner? You all are going way back. He died before I was even born. But I am interested now in seeing the original.

DeadlyDynasty
10-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Yul Brynner just nailed that gunslinger role…He scared the heck out of me
This.

DMC
10-03-2016, 05:44 PM
The original was so weird it freaked me out.

FkLA
10-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Just watched the premiere. HBO does not fuck around. Looks like another great show tbh.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
10-04-2016, 10:04 AM
I wasn't too blown away Quarry > westworld so far

oh crap
10-04-2016, 10:17 AM
checked out first ep last night, not bad at all

johnsmith
10-04-2016, 10:17 AM
I literally knew nothing about the premise of this show other than it is a western. Watched it last night....I'm fucking hooked. Damn you HBO!!!

benefactor
10-04-2016, 10:22 AM
I wasn't too blown away Quarry > westworld so far
Been seeing stuff about Quarry...need to start watching it

Dirk Oneanddoneski
10-04-2016, 11:15 AM
Been seeing stuff about Quarry...need to start watching it

Yeah it's on Cinemax Friday nights

10-04-2016, 09:11 PM
this is good shit tbh :tu

JudynTX
10-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Yul Brynner just nailed that gunslinger role…He scared the heck out of me …If Hollywood did a re make of Westworld they probably would cast Ben Affleck as the gunslinger…George Clooney as Peter Martin…And Jennifer Lopez as the Medieval Queen…:vomit:

They would ruin it for fuck's sake.

Found the first episode to be pretty good.

Boogie Munster
10-06-2016, 11:46 PM
Second episode was released early by HBO on Now and Go in lieu of the debate on Sunday.

DMC
10-07-2016, 01:34 AM
Luke Cage is the best of 2016 so far, easily. Score can't be touched
Score is good. Show is shit. If you are a self loathing white guilt carrying cuck then sure, watching a bunch of Tyler Perry level stereotypical black people talk endlessly about how shitty whitey is can be entertaining. I have no problem with the character other than the actor is shitty, but the show itself is just a political statement that's been run into the ground and broken off.

If I wanted to hear what the ghetto thinks I'd not live in the suburbs.

Spur|n|Austin
10-07-2016, 11:06 AM
I've gotta check it out, I heard great things about the premiere.

JudynTX
10-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Anthony Hopkins just jointed twitter. :D

InRareForm
10-08-2016, 10:36 AM
Episode 2 was good. Like the weird Thrilling feel to it.

JMarkJohns
10-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Loving the slow burn reveal of the meta narratives.

Can't say I love it yet, but I'm intrigued. I've watched each episode twice already to better catch subtleties.

benefactor
10-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Just finished episode 2. Good stuff.

gambit1990
10-23-2016, 01:36 PM
finished the first two episodes.

only show i've seen that reminds me of the matrix.

Spur|n|Austin
10-23-2016, 11:35 PM
Next week's can't come soon enough. Wish I could binge watch them.

Biernutz
10-24-2016, 04:46 AM
I saw the first 2 episodes and they follow the story line of
the movie but with more skin and more guest as cold blooded
killers.

benefactor
10-24-2016, 07:20 AM
Next week's can't come soon enough. Wish I could binge watch them.
No shit. I thought the same thing when Sunday's episode ended. At least I have The Wire to binge on for now.

RGMCSE
10-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Last episode was fucking spooky. This shits getting good!

JudynTX
10-25-2016, 11:18 AM
I wanna punch Dolores in the mouth and I don't know why. :lol

RGMCSE
10-25-2016, 12:24 PM
I wanna punch Dolores in the mouth and I don't know why. :lol

Me too, with my cock!

JMarkJohns
10-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Love the tug of war of the meta narrative of soulless machines looking for their greater existential purpose amidst a soulless beast of a fantasy mechanism that supposedly helps the creatures with a soul find their existential delights always at the soulless machine's expense.

Where they go with it, who knows, but I'm in.

The "consequence" free nature of a potential guiltless breaking bad for each person only furthers their depravity for the next time. For those with a working conscience, the "not wanting to know how it feels" is a far greater shackle, one unable to "free them" to indulge from the vices offered by those literally shackled through programming into being incapable of not indulging, some who now know more than they should, who have know idea how to cope with the burden, and who increasingly seem able to do harm. But to what levels? And to whom?

Knowledge, the burden of, or the quest for more, is the "sin" act for all the creatures. Consequence-free interaction is the illusion. One can't help but be changed or help change this world through every action or inaction.

Curious what the writers make of all this.

benefactor
10-25-2016, 09:16 PM
^:tu

InRareForm
10-26-2016, 12:26 AM
There is no characters to root for... There is only the truth and wtf is going on to root for.

benefactor
10-26-2016, 06:57 AM
There is no characters to root for... There is only the truth and wtf is going on to root for.
It's more of a character study than hero/villain right now tbh...and what makes it work so well is all the characters are interesting at some level so they are easy to invest in even though there is no clear cut hero. Lot's of personality nuances going on.

It does make you wonder if a "Neo" is going to show up eventually and become the savior. Perhaps Dolores transitions into that?

JMarkJohns
10-26-2016, 01:26 PM
I initially thought this would be a critique on bloodlust.

Normal folks getting off on consequence free murder as escape.

But it's much more than this. In fact, this was one of the superficial layers of the onion that isn't so much being peeled, as it is rotting, splitting open, and revealing depths of atrocity.

I'm very grateful for a TV show where it's both necessary and a joy to rewatch episodes.

TheyCallMePro
10-27-2016, 01:39 PM
I like the idea of this show much more than I like the show itself.

I just don't buy the characters as robots. They don't act like them at all. There's too much freedom in the park. It doesn't feel like anything is artificial at all. Makes me feel like I'm just watching a western instead of a Sci-fi. It's like the producers said "fuck the technology, the rules, the control" were not going to address any of that. Were just going to say they're robots, and everything else will unravel randomly as it pertains to the robots gaining awareness. It's just a mess IMO, I love Sci-fi so I'll continue watching and hope things improve, but honestly, this show is just meh.

JMarkJohns
10-27-2016, 02:39 PM
I like the idea of this show much more than I like the show itself.

I just don't buy the characters as robots. They don't act like them at all. There's too much freedom in the park. It doesn't feel like anything is artificial at all. Makes me feel like I'm just watching a western instead of a Sci-fi. It's like the producers said "fuck the technology, the rules, the control" were not going to address any of that. Were just going to say they're robots, and everything else will unravel randomly as it pertains to the robots gaining awareness. It's just a mess IMO, I love Sci-fi so I'll continue watching and hope things improve, but honestly, this show is just meh.

But the reason you dislike it is the very reason the tension exists.

Programmers have made something much grander than animatronics and creatures much more than just robots, and the interactions twixt the ever-evolving conflict twixt the notions of role, idea, freedom, conscience, and consciousness is what propels the show beyond an "oh no! The robots are glitching. Shut down the power!" To "Holy fucking shit! The Robots are aware and a raging! Oh shit! We can't shut them down!"

For me, the latter holds a much greater potential.

As the real strove to make creation the realist it could, the lines blurred, tensions maximized, and right/wrong compromised.

And that's wonderful.

Spurminator
10-27-2016, 03:07 PM
I'm having an issue grasping the fundamentals of how and where this world exists.

Is Westworld housed inside of that complex, or is it some kind of digital alternate universe? At the end of each day, are all of the dead androids removed, cleaned up / repaired, and placed back into Westworld? Where are the visitors during all of this?

Are we even supposed to know any of this yet?

Spur|n|Austin
10-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Love the tug of war of the meta narrative of soulless machines looking for their greater existential purpose amidst a soulless beast of a fantasy mechanism that supposedly helps the creatures with a soul find their existential delights always at the soulless machine's expense.

Where they go with it, who knows, but I'm in.

The "consequence" free nature of a potential guiltless breaking bad for each person only furthers their depravity for the next time. For those with a working conscience, the "not wanting to know how it feels" is a far greater shackle, one unable to "free them" to indulge from the vices offered by those literally shackled through programming into being incapable of not indulging, some who now know more than they should, who have know idea how to cope with the burden, and who increasingly seem able to do harm. But to what levels? And to whom?

Knowledge, the burden of, or the quest for more, is the "sin" act for all the creatures. Consequence-free interaction is the illusion. One can't help but be changed or help change this world through every action or inaction.

Curious what the writers make of all this.

My main hope is they don't go all 'Lost' with it and get completely lost in their own storyline.

JMarkJohns
10-27-2016, 03:19 PM
My main hope is they don't go all 'Lost' with it and get completely lost in their own storyline.

I too share this concern. But the episodes have had a flow in story/plot/characters. If this show tries to be anything more than 1/2 seasons, then I will worry.

I hope they take a page out of Twin Peaks forced upon playbook and realize sometimes less is more.

JMarkJohns
10-27-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm having an issue grasping the fundamentals of how and where this world exists.

Is Westworld housed inside of that complex, or is it some kind of digital alternate universe? At the end of each day, are all of the dead androids removed, cleaned up / repaired, and placed back into Westworld? Where are the visitors during all of this?

Are we even supposed to know any of this yet?

I'm sure this is part of the "maze" reveal.

Clearly it's not just digital. But it's also clearly not just physical. Some biosphere-like, technology based set houses within the complex makes most sense, with maybe the "maze" being a Truman Show-like escape.

Now that I think about it, this is sort of hilarious considering Ed Harris' character in this show vs Truman Show.

TDMVPDPOY
10-27-2016, 08:42 PM
havnt watch it, but i assume the person in charge of the world in that dimension controls everything i assume from a flick of a button?

JMarkJohns
10-27-2016, 09:47 PM
havnt watch it, but i assume the person in charge of the world in that dimension controls everything i assume from a flick of a button?

No... if you watched you'd see that the power is theoretical and dominance requires interaction.

This why everything is going crazy.

It's not a simple fix. And the guy in charge may be the craziest of them all.

Spur|n|Austin
10-27-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm sure this is part of the "maze" reveal.

Clearly it's not just digital. But it's also clearly not just physical. Some biosphere-like, technology based set houses within the complex makes most sense, with maybe the "maze" being a Truman Show-like escape.

Now that I think about it, this is sort of hilarious considering Ed Harris' character in this show vs Truman Show.

:lol nice

InRareForm
10-31-2016, 03:21 PM
I gotta stop watching this show when I am tired

Spurminator
10-31-2016, 11:48 PM
I gotta stop watching this show when I am tired

I had this issue tonight when I tried to watch the movie.

JMarkJohns
11-01-2016, 12:58 AM
That was a nice, tidy bow tied to wrap up the first half of the series.

I cannot wait for each episode.

The madness that lay in wait seems to be torrential.

InRareForm
11-01-2016, 08:35 AM
William is such a pussy but he is smart and rationale in this elaborate game. It's interesting to see his character evolve

Is the man in black like an agent Smith in the matrix?

tlongII
11-02-2016, 02:23 PM
I've only seen the first two episodes so far, but I like it. I thought the man in black would be the equivalent of Yul Brynner, but apparently not. Brynner's character was one of the "hosts" in the movie. He was one of the best "bad guy" characters I've seen in a movie.

TDMVPDPOY
11-02-2016, 09:43 PM
No... if you watched you'd see that the power is theoretical and dominance requires interaction.

This why everything is going crazy.

It's not a simple fix. And the guy in charge may be the craziest of them all.

isnt this like surrogates bruce willis movie?
so what happens if someone hacks and becomes godmode over the person in charge? or the person in charge is in godmode under another character where nobody knows its them...
how about killing someone in that world that affects the real world where that person also dies?

hey do they spawn again in this series after gettin killed?

JMarkJohns
11-03-2016, 01:40 AM
I don't believe it's a Surrogates or Avatar style frontier. I believe the honest person is participating... it's a form of reality, albeit a controlled one from the technology standpoint, except the real people interacting has created just enough awakening or rift moments that certain techs are now actualizing.

It's beyond glitches. It's beyond someone with entire control.

The train is coming off the tracks. It just simply is.

phyzik
11-04-2016, 12:04 AM
I follow the main fan theory that 2 time lines are actually going on and the Man in Black is actually William, and the William we see is the Man in Black's first time entering the park 30 years ago. It is still kinda vague if that is the case, but if you put the pieces of an incomplete puzzle together, it sort of makes sense.... The only problem with this theory is that Deloris was becoming sentient WAY back in the past (30+ years ago) and is still in her loop when Willaim is the "man in black" so many years in the "future" which would be kind of sad and fucked up.

Also, Anthony Hopkins acting CANNOT be overstated... the dude is a fucking master actor. That restaurant scene when he lays down the law... holy shit! Gave me the chills.

MhSG5ZFX8Mg

As far as the fan theory that two time lines are going on, I could point out the indicators if anyone would like, but for now I wont spoil anything if this theory is correct unless someone asks.

phyzik
11-04-2016, 12:41 AM
There is also another theory that Bernard is a "synth" but I don't buy into that at this point.... Who knows though.

This show is great!

phyzik
11-04-2016, 12:52 AM
Also, has anyone picked up on all the "piano" songs and background music?

Amazing music re-imagining...

Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
A forest - The Cure
Something I can Never Have - Nine Inch Nails

I'm forgetting one but cant think what it is....

*Edit*

No Suprises - Radiohead (wasnt as good as the others)

Paint it black is probably my favorite so far..... They really made it sound like an "old Western" movie theme song while keeping the spirit of the original song.

3iZ9JRVmJ5o

LaMarcus Bryant
11-04-2016, 07:42 AM
Also, has anyone picked up on all the "piano" songs and background music?

Amazing music re-imagining...

Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
A forest - The Cure
Something I can Never Have - Nine Inch Nails

I'm forgetting one but cant think what it is....

*Edit*

No Suprises - Radiohead (wasnt as good as the others)

Paint it black is probably my favorite so far..... They really made it sound like an "old Western" movie theme song while keeping the spirit of the original song.

3iZ9JRVmJ5o

Yup. Last episode's NIN "Something I can never have" was pretty dope.

benefactor
11-04-2016, 07:47 AM
God damn why can't I binge this? Fuck.

RGMCSE
11-04-2016, 03:52 PM
I follow the main fan theory that 2 time lines are actually going on and the Man in Black is actually William, and the William we see is the Man in Black's first time entering the park 30 years ago. It is still kinda vague if that is the case, but if you put the pieces of an incomplete puzzle together, it sort of makes sense.... The only problem with this theory is that Deloris was becoming sentient WAY back in the past (30+ years ago) and is still in her loop when Willaim is the "man in black" so many years in the "future" which would be kind of sad and fucked up.

Also, Anthony Hopkins acting CANNOT be overstated... the dude is a fucking master actor. That restaurant scene when he lays down the law... holy shit! Gave me the chills.

MhSG5ZFX8Mg

As far as the fan theory that two time lines are going on, I could point out the indicators if anyone would like, but for now I wont spoil anything if this theory is correct unless someone asks.

dude you just blew my mind with that theory. I knew William would have to come back at some point but had never even considered the timeline possibility or the fact that William may be the man in black. I've never seen the movie so I'm completely knew to this whole plot. I've wondered the same about Bernard. But I also wonder if AH character is actually a lunatic or a host himself. Am I way off in thinking this?

Spurminator
11-04-2016, 04:10 PM
That makes a ton of sense. I have felt like there were a few times when the storylines seemed disconnected from each other.

phyzik
11-04-2016, 10:45 PM
dude you just blew my mind with that theory. I knew William would have to come back at some point but had never even considered the timeline possibility or the fact that William may be the man in black. I've never seen the movie so I'm completely knew to this whole plot. I've wondered the same about Bernard. But I also wonder if AH character is actually a lunatic or a host himself. Am I way off in thinking this?

As far as I know, the show is just loosely based off of the original movie, basically just based off of the premise of it and not really following any narrative from the source material. As far as Ford (Anthony Hopkins) at this point, I don't think he is a host and I highly doubt that will end up being the case.... but who knows where they will take the show. I DO think he is hiding something extremely profound when it comes to the park's true nature/purpose.

On a side note, I didn't even realize the guy that plays the host "Old Bill" (the host in cold storage that Ford occasionally talks to) was the same actor that played "Top dollar" from "The Crow". :tu

0_NS0vAYGVk
yL1YSHDhWqk

Same guy!!! :wow

phyzik
11-05-2016, 12:02 AM
My new bedtime song... I forgot how awesome NIN and Trent Reznor were.

RS_1-_EJ0Zk

JMarkJohns
11-05-2016, 11:52 AM
As far as I know, the show is just loosely based off of the original movie, basically just based off of the premise of it and not really following any narrative from the source material. As far as Ford (Anthony Hopkins) at this point, I don't think he is a host and I highly doubt that will end up being the case.... but who knows where they will take the show. I DO think he is hiding something extremely profound when it comes to the park's true nature/purpose.

On a side note, I didn't even realize the guy that plays the host "Old Bill" (the host in cold storage that Ford occasionally talks to) was the same actor that played "Top dollar" from "The Crow". :tu

0_NS0vAYGVk
yL1YSHDhWqk

Same guy!!! :wow

Top Dollar was always my favorite villain growing up.

He's since been replaced, but he was such an incredible foe, from his punchlines to his sadistic nature. I think when EA Sports first came out with its NBA game, I could create a player, and I remember I named him Thompson "Top" Dollar.

Hahaha... memories.

Hopkins is simply never outside his element in this mess roles. From Fracture to Hearts In Atlantis, these subdued roles are just his perfect conversationalist. I loved that seen from Fracture where he was talking about the eggs.

Now I have to watch Fracture.

Boogie Munster
11-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Holy shit, what an episode. This show just keeps getting better and better.

SnakeBoy
11-07-2016, 02:00 AM
Honestly the first few episodes I thought were good but I also thought it was a show I might end up getting bored with. These last two episodes have been really good though. I hope it does just keep getting better and better.

benefactor
11-07-2016, 08:17 AM
Shit is really starting to hit the fan tbh...good stuff.:tu

phyzik
11-08-2016, 12:31 AM
Really interested in Maeve's story arch.... That kind shit has always intrigued me since the "Short Circuit" movies... what would a fully functional AI, capable of feeling and thought, think about it's own creation and realizing they are under our control?

Would I take it's side?

Would I treat it like a "human"?

what about the whole meta "God" Complex of it all?

What do religious people think about this?

She is basically meeting her creators and realizing how fucked up and imperfect they are.... (That whole scene with her taking the tour of the complex was amazing and thought provoking).

She is realizing that she really has no real self determination and her belief that she is a free thinking being is all just programmed. Is this how religious people feel? Are they OK with that?

For the record, Even as an atheist, I follow the theory that we do NOT have a conscious self-choice... Our sub-conscious has already made the choice before we consciously decide to act on it. There have been numerous studies on this and it is quite interesting.

Life is weird no matter what we/you believe in. It certainly isn't boring though.

Also, how sad for Maeve to realize everything, down to the horse, rabbit and blade of grass is all artificial... how fucked up is that?

And this is what religious people WANT to believe... :depressed

*Edited on 11/9/2016*

For the record, I'm not trying to make this a "bash religion" thing... I want this to be about the show, so I removed a certain comment/opinion that was not relevant and was in bad taste on my part.

The whole Maeve experience thing is REALLY interesting to me though in regards to how religious people view their particular choice of deity. How would a religious person react in that situation from Maeve's prospective?

Again, I'm not trying to elicit a knee-jerk reaction or anything like that, it is just a really intriguing line of thought for me.

gambit1990
11-08-2016, 11:07 AM
good shit.

gambit1990
11-08-2016, 11:13 AM
is the woman the writer was into a robot or would that be too obvious?

DMX7
11-08-2016, 05:06 PM
I'm only through 4 episodes but it's definitely good. It has a big budget blockbuster feel to it.

Captivus
11-09-2016, 09:56 AM
With all the good series that exist, this one, IMO, is not good...very slow paced.
Not for me.

phyzik
11-10-2016, 02:48 AM
With all the good series that exist, this one, IMO, is not good...very slow paced.
Not for me.

I'm not trying to pick on you, but what about it do you think is "slow paced" exactly? What I really think you mean is that it requires too much thought and you are just not up for that as entertainment. I'm not saying you are stupid or incapable of understanding the narrative or anything, sometimes I just want to sit down and watch senseless entertainment myself (explosions! Violence! Fuck Narrative! Give me Action!).

This Show is anything but "slow paced" though IMHO, you REALLY have to think about whats going on beyond the base narrative and that appeals to me. If you are looking for action and explosions and murder (and that's it), yeah it might be boring... but if you look deeper and try to understand the REASON, MEANING and IMPLICATIONS behind it all, that is when it gets really intriguing. If that is not your cup of tea, then so be it... It's just not your form of entertainment.

Captivus
11-10-2016, 06:28 AM
I'm not trying to pick on you, but what about it do you think is "slow paced" exactly? What I really think you mean is that it requires too much thought and you are just not up for that as entertainment. I'm not saying you are stupid or incapable of understanding the narrative or anything, sometimes I just want to sit down and watch senseless entertainment myself (explosions! Violence! Fuck Narrative! Give me Action!).

This Show is anything but "slow paced" though IMHO, you REALLY have to think about whats going on beyond the base narrative and that appeals to me. If you are looking for action and explosions and murder (and that's it), yeah it might be boring... but if you look deeper and try to understand the REASON, MEANING and IMPLICATIONS behind it all, that is when it gets really intriguing. If that is not your cup of tea, then so be it... It's just not your form of entertainment.

I get what you are saying, and I do find the idea behind the show to be interesting. My point is that theres nothing really happening in the episodes, its like they give you a small piece of the puzzle, too small IMO. This is a series that I wouldnt be surprised, that by the time it ends, we realize it could have been dont in half the episodes.
I may continue watching it...but idk.

phyzik
11-11-2016, 01:07 AM
I get what you are saying, and I do find the idea behind the show to be interesting. My point is that theres nothing really happening in the episodes, its like they give you a small piece of the puzzle, too small IMO. This is a series that I wouldnt be surprised, that by the time it ends, we realize it could have been dont in half the episodes.
I may continue watching it...but idk.

Fair enough... Dragging it on without giving too much info can be frustratingly boring.... I actually felt this way about GoT when it first came out (because I had already read the books) and wanted the show to "hurry up" and get to the "good stuff". With this show, since I never saw the original move from Chriton, I am finding quite a bit of enjoyment with the different theories that are being proposed by fans.... Also, the thought of emergent AI and how we would interact with it has ALWAYS intrigued me. I find myself trying to put myself in their "shoes" and trying to think what they are thinking.... It just fascinates me.

JMarkJohns
11-12-2016, 02:05 AM
I take absolute umbrage to "nothing happens" each episode.

I would argue that more happens in each single episode of West World in character development, plot revelations, and situational action than any show I've seen in a first season.

Have they had their big reveal? No.

But this isn't a Law & Order type show where each episode is wrapped up nicely on the conflict-climax-resolution story arc.

Each episode builds. But while mysterious, what's going on isn't entirely a mystery, either.

But the show is layered and nuanced like few before it.

From theories of multiple narrations to some triply Days Of Future Past type recreations, I get why the entirety of the show might be a weight too heavy for "mere entertainment" viewing.

There's nothing superficial about this show.

RGMCSE
11-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Fair enough... Dragging it on without giving too much info can be frustratingly boring.... I actually felt this way about GoT when it first came out (because I had already read the books) and wanted the show to "hurry up" and get to the "good stuff". With this show, since I never saw the original move from Chriton, I am finding quite a bit of enjoyment with the different theories that are being proposed by fans.... Also, the thought of emergent AI and how we would interact with it has ALWAYS intrigued me. I find myself trying to put myself in their "shoes" and trying to think what they are thinking.... It just fascinates me.

Dude you are nailing it as far as how I feel with this show. I'm not a tv guy at all I have 1 or 2 shows that I casually watch I find sitting watching tv boring as hell call me weird but I just hate it. I've got shit to do you know what I mean. My point is that this show is making me think and it makes me sit down and watch.

DMX7
11-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Not for me.

What episode are you on? The first few were a little slow but it picks up big league.

Captivus
11-12-2016, 08:46 PM
What episode are you on? The first few were a little slow but it picks up big league.

I saw...2..3..
Im gonna give it another try...more so if you say it gets faster.

benefactor
11-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Had a feeling about Bernard...but damn...didn't expect that.

benefactor
11-13-2016, 10:37 PM
Hopkins is in the fucking zone. Talk about leaving you feeling unsettled. Amazing.

JMarkJohns
11-13-2016, 11:00 PM
This show.

That's all I got.

This fucking show.

benefactor
11-13-2016, 11:15 PM
This show.

That's all I got.

This fucking show.
Yeah...that episode is going to take a day or so to absorb.

JMarkJohns
11-13-2016, 11:21 PM
That was the first revealed host/human kill...

And it was two lovers.

And it was at the behest of the visionary.

I mean, fuck.

DMX7
11-14-2016, 12:35 AM
I saw...2..3..
Im gonna give it another try...more so if you say it gets faster.

Get through episode 5... that, I can tell you.

gambit1990
11-14-2016, 01:06 AM
the preview for next week's episode mentions arnold's game :spin

Spurminator
11-15-2016, 01:12 PM
I hope Anthony Hopkins lives to be 180.

Spur|n|Austin
11-15-2016, 03:39 PM
I hope Anthony Hopkins lives to be 180.

He was phenomenal in the last episode, wow.

JMarkJohns
11-15-2016, 04:02 PM
He was phenomenal in the last episode, wow.

The look on his face when they were firing Bernard.

Didn't say a word.

Incredible.

Trill Clinton
11-15-2016, 04:48 PM
HBO did it again. This show is pure puff.

Spur|n|Austin
11-15-2016, 04:58 PM
The more I think about it, I bet Theresa will just be replaced with a host and nobody will know any different.. Maybe even the host that was being made right next to her dead body. Nuts!

JMarkJohns
11-15-2016, 11:20 PM
The more I think about it, I bet Theresa will just be replaced with a host and nobody will know any different.. Maybe even the host that was being made right next to her dead body. Nuts!

Damn! That's entirely possible, and, actually plausible!

benefactor
11-18-2016, 06:25 PM
God damn why can't I binge this? Fuck.

JMarkJohns
11-19-2016, 01:26 PM
I missed this thread so goddamn much!

JMarkJohns
11-19-2016, 01:31 PM
So, I was talking and openly wondered, for a while I was convinced the MIB couldn't be William because MIB appeared to sexually/violently assault Dolores.

But my friend asked, but did he? Strongly insinuated. But did we see what we inferred?

Interesting.

Or, has William become so detached and in need of greater atrocity in his many West World exploits that what was once unthinkable, becomes a form of outward obsession, enacted upon because there's no real consequence?

This of course assumes maybe MIB is William.

I'm tempted to binge and watch those early episodes to see if MIB actually did what I remembered or if I inferred so strongly I created a false narrative.

Spurminator
11-19-2016, 07:53 PM
So, I was talking and openly wondered, for a while I was convinced the MIB couldn't be William because MIB appeared to sexually/violently assault Dolores.

But my friend asked, but did he? Strongly insinuated. But did we see what we inferred?

Interesting.

Or, has William become so detached and in need of greater atrocity in his many West World exploits that what was once unthinkable, becomes a form of outward obsession, enacted upon because there's no real consequence?

This of course assumes maybe MIB is William.

I'm tempted to binge and watch those early episodes to see if MIB actually did what I remembered or if I inferred so strongly I created a false narrative.

I watched ep 1 again and he closes the barn door behind them, but you don't actually see what happens inside.

JMarkJohns
11-19-2016, 09:32 PM
That's a big clue.

I mean, think of all the atrocity they have shown of MIB, and all the crimes against women.

FkLA
11-20-2016, 02:24 PM
There has been a theory floating around that the MIB didn't actually rape Dolores for a while. I'm actually pretty certain he didn't. He's been going to the park for decades, constantly talks about playing a bigger game so I doubt he'd still get off on shit like that. If he ever was into that I'd imagine he's gotten it out of his system by now. I think he did something to Dolores that contributed to her becoming sentient. Same with Maeve, he did something with her when she was being attacked by Indians and he showed up. I think the MIB is the one helping them become sentient, tbh.

BTW I also heard Season 2 has been picked up (expected) but that it wouldn't air until 2018.

FkLA
11-20-2016, 02:25 PM
If y'all enjoy theorizing I recommend checking out one of the WW podcasts. Good stuff.

JMarkJohns
11-20-2016, 10:51 PM
This shit is insane. Yet it's so neatly tied together.

Incredible storytelling.

WokeWorld

Hahaha

phyzik
11-21-2016, 02:39 AM
Havn't watched the latest episode (will probably watch it at work tomorrow) but I just wanted to comment on the whole William/MIB theory.... The biggest hint IMHO is that in Williams "time line" he knows the host El Lazo, but in the MIB "timeline" he is known as Lawrence... This is interesting in that on the train in Williams "timeline" El Lazo tells Deloris to call him "Lawrence". :hat

SnakeBoy
11-21-2016, 04:10 AM
BTW I also heard Season 2 has been picked up (expected) but that it wouldn't air until 2018.

:bang

JMarkJohns
11-21-2016, 07:59 AM
Havn't watched the latest episode (will probably watch it at work tomorrow) but I just wanted to comment on the whole William/MIB theory.... The biggest hint IMHO is that in Williams "time line" he knows the host El Lazo, but in the MIB "timeline" he is known as Lawrence... This is interesting in that on the train in Williams "timeline" El Lazo tells Deloris to call him "Lawrence". :hat

Some pretty great back story on MIB last night.

He may be both as I discussed.

phyzik
11-22-2016, 02:09 AM
Maeve is still my favorite character... she can now change narrative just by talking to the hosts? WTF!!!

Spurminator
11-23-2016, 04:17 PM
MIB tells Teddy in episode 5 that he once took apart a host before they updated them to "flesh and bone." If William is MIB then I assume the hosts would all be the earlier machines, but several of the Flesh and Bone hosts exist in William's timeline.

Spurminator
11-27-2016, 11:54 PM
MIB appeared to show up in the William timeline tonight, but my theory is that the William timeline as shown from Delores' point of view was a flashback/dream. That explains the strange glitches and MIB sightings she had a few times.

Can't wait until next week. Every episode makes me want to go back and watch the previous ones again.

InRareForm
11-28-2016, 12:41 AM
I love the complexity of this... but I also hate it.... i have to rush on the internet to get answers on wtf is going on

gambit1990
11-28-2016, 11:23 AM
show's incredible. i've had no interest in looking up theories like with GoT. just going wherever the show takes me.

Spur|n|Austin
11-28-2016, 02:36 PM
Well last night we saw the picture that started it all..

http://i.imgur.com/Wl9DY95.jpg

JudynTX
11-29-2016, 11:58 AM
:Dhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ladyspur/westworld_zpsu0yghnm4.jpg

JudynTX
11-29-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm starting to believe they are all robots at Westworld.

benefactor
11-29-2016, 12:29 PM
:Dhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ladyspur/westworld_zpsu0yghnm4.jpg
:lol

Brazil
11-29-2016, 04:01 PM
show's incredible. i've had no interest in looking up theories like with GoT. just going wherever the show takes me.

same here tbh

It's like trying to deeply understand every pages on a Faulkner book, you just need to trust the author, he will bring you there, enjoy the ride, no need to stop at every station.

JMarkJohns
11-29-2016, 05:52 PM
I'm not reading Reddit until after Finale. Then I will read their views, details, then rewatch.

Did this with Breaking Bad and enjoyed the second and third viewings even more than the first which I loved.

gambit1990
11-29-2016, 06:09 PM
can't believe the finale is already this sunday.

InRareForm
11-29-2016, 07:26 PM
I listened to a podcast and agree with one man's observation: what's the point for Ford for all of this? What really is his incentive

12-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Finally caught up with this show in time for tonight. It turned out to be better than I expected even though I had high expectations for it. Also, Anthony Hopkins is a fucking legend.

benefactor
12-04-2016, 08:22 PM
Re-watching last week now.:tu

benefactor
12-04-2016, 11:05 PM
Holy shit...I got nothing.

InRareForm
12-04-2016, 11:28 PM
vanity fair has the best recaps...

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/12/westworld-william-man-in-black-finale-reveal

JMarkJohns
12-05-2016, 12:50 AM
I'm gonna have to rewatch. But the smiles said it all...

Spur|n|Austin
12-05-2016, 01:53 AM
Whoa.. I'd be fine with that being the series finale.

JudynTX
12-05-2016, 08:49 AM
:D I'm satisfied. Ford isn't dead, there's just no way. He was cloning himself. I get sort of a LOST feel to it.

Now to digest everything. :lol

benefactor
12-05-2016, 10:26 AM
:D I'm satisfied. Ford isn't dead, there's just no way. He was cloning himself. I get sort of a LOST feel to it.

I think that's the host he was making when Bernard offed Teresa in the basement.

JMarkJohns
12-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Correct. I don't think there's any chance that was rally Ford.

So we still get to wonder is he playing a master of the universe game of chess, now? Or just kicking back and watching the anarchy?

Spurminator
12-05-2016, 02:27 PM
My biggest issue with the show is that I just don't buy how quickly William turns. He goes from beta to straight-up sadist in less than a day. Too convenient. They should have let his change happen more organically over the course of 30 years.

da_suns_fan
12-05-2016, 02:49 PM
I enjoyed the show but I dont think I'll watch next season.

Who really cares? Is Ford dead? Probably because Anthony Hopkins costs a lot of money.

Nolanites love them some sappy Nolan-esque views of "humanity" but this wasnt a terribly smart show. The Nolans always so pre-occupied with their twists that characters start to do stuff that doesnt make any sense. Likewise, the whole premise of how the park was written for a 1970s movie but really doesnt hold up with with technological advances of the past 40 years:

1) Why would they create a physical world in which people can get hurt versus a virtual world? Why build a freaking ocean when you could create a digital one a la "The Matrix". Are we suppose to believe that this technology doesnt exist but they have fully autonomous humans that you can have sex with and not know the difference?

2) Why would they use real humans to clean up hosts? Why dont they just use other machines? Wouldnt that be infinitely cheaper? The cleaning seems to be an extremely repetitive process and the hosts have proved theyre capable of doing just about anything (except the Nolanly act of having "conscientiousness"). The answer, of course, is because Maeve's plot requires it.

3) Why would Dr Ford create a host that looks exactly like Arnold? Would no one else really know who Arnold (the co-creator) was? Is information in the future suddenly not available at the swipe of a finger? And what purpose does it serve except to provide "a twist"?

4) Ed Harris' motives for wanting to find the maze went from interesting to just plain stupid. I like the idea of him discovering the existence of the maze and being obsessed with finding it. It would have made more sense if he was hoping it would allow Delores to remember him and love him again. Rather he wants the bots to become fully aware so they can start killing people. Why? So he can lose his fortune as majority share-holder of the park? They did give him some Nolany explanation via dialogue with Ford at the end that I just rolled my eyes at.

5) So Delores was imagining William was with her the second time around? She's re-enacting the dialogue and even riding the same train and putting on the same clothes? Pretty fucking stupid but the Nolans just love their twists!

6) Arnold is genius enough to build fully autonomous beings but cant think of a way to prove the hosts can gain "conscientiousness" and are thus dangerous except to sacrifice himself in a host-assisted suicide....in front of no one.

12-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Yeah this was a fucking lot to absorb. dsf does raise some legitimate questions also

benefactor
12-05-2016, 05:32 PM
:lol...predictable post from dsf

Seriously, why do you even bother watching anything Nolan does? You hate all of it. It's like me forcing myself to watch musicals then bitching about how bad they suck.

johnsmith
12-05-2016, 09:47 PM
My current list of favorite TV shows of the last decade:

1). Breaking Bad
2). Game Of Thrones
3). Westworld
97.) Gettingn kicked in the Nuts
98). Walking Dead

da_suns_fan
12-06-2016, 10:13 AM
:lol...predictable post from dsf

Seriously, why do you even bother watching anything Nolan does? You hate all of it. It's like me forcing myself to watch musicals then bitching about how bad they suck.

Maybe..I did enjoy the show but I thought the ending was a let down and some of the "twists" werent done very well. What really bugs me is Nolanites endlessly debating on reddit and other forums why something is (or isnt) when the obvious answer is lazy writing.

Why did Anthony Hopkins call the Arnold clone "Bernard" yet make him look exactly like Arnold? The answer is because the twist requires it.

Without the "twist", William's story wasnt particularly interesting. I mean who really cares that William came to the park a sap, falls in love with an android and turns bad? If theres no twist that hes a young Ed Harris then that whole story was pretty boring.

Im not sure I'll watch the next season because I dont care what "twist" is next and Anthony Hopkins was the best part of the show.

JMarkJohns
12-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Just as a point of fact, a twist comes out of nowhere.

Nolan excels is a "tease, tease, reveal"

As the linked-to Vanity Fair article points out, like the Prestige, this series has a lot of plain sight hints throughout the entire series.

If you're looking for twists, I can see why you're disappointed.

I certainly understand some of you're gripes.

I need to rewatch the series to discuss some of your details. Sometimes the "plain sight" nature makes micro details harder to find despite obviousness of their placement.

I second-guessed William as MIB for some of these.

FkLA
12-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Just watched the finale :wow

Also in every thread, of every forum there will always be at least one asshole bitching about even the greatest of shows.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-12-2016, 09:58 AM
Show got decent at about episode 6. Crazy ending. Hopkins is awesome.

resistanze
12-24-2016, 10:57 PM
Just caught up. Great show, interesting to see where next season takes us.

My biggest gripe was actually the subplot with Maeve (excellent character). The two moron supporting characters (Felix and Sylvester) are just too much for me.

-How exactly was Maeve blackmailing them? I mean who was she planning to snitch to, being a robot that's gained sentience?
-Why is Felix such a pussy? Why does he barely react to his colleagues getting murdered due to his actions?
-Why didn't they both just run away and tell their bosses? Especially when Maeve was back in the game?
-Why didn't they just set her attributes to zero? Or put up any sort of reasonable resistance?
-How didn't the command center notice any of the drastic story arc changes Maeve was causing? Or any disturbances in the repair shops?

Maybe I missed the explanation to these, but it just about broke suspension of disbelief for me.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Just caught up. Great show, interesting to see where next season takes us.

My biggest gripe was actually the subplot with Maeve (excellent character). The two moron supporting characters (Felix and Sylvester) are just too much for me.

-How exactly was Maeve blackmailing them? I mean who was she planning to snitch to, being a robot that's gained sentience?
-Why is Felix such a pussy? Why does he barely react to his colleagues getting murdered due to his actions?
-Why didn't they both just run away and tell their bosses? Especially when Maeve was back in the game?
-Why didn't they just set her attributes to zero? Or put up any sort of reasonable resistance?
-How didn't the command center notice any of the drastic story arc changes Maeve was causing? Or any disturbances in the repair shops?

Maybe I missed the explanation to these, but it just about broke suspension of disbelief for me.

You're right that bugged me too.
Also the black guy being a robot was an unnecessary plot twist for no real purpose.

Overall tho I dug it.

resistanze
12-27-2016, 03:47 PM
You're right that bugged me too.
Also the black guy being a robot was an unnecessary plot twist for no real purpose.

Overall tho I dug it.

A big part of my annoyance with the subplot is relieved if Felix and Sylvester are both hosts (which I believe after further analysis)
- They're named after cartoon cats. I refuse to believe the show was being meta for no reason, or the Westworld HR department was looking for cat-named candidates
- They pretty much revealed that everything involving Maeve was scripted by Ford until her decision to go back for her daughter
- If it was all scripted, those two need to be scripted hosts as well. Adding two human employees that can flee at any time would be nonsenical

I still don't understand how so much shit went down on that floor without anyone batting an eye (they have cameras as Elsie showed). The rooms are all glass, does anyone work on the floor? :lol. But I can hand-wave that as being 'part of the script' if they're hosts.

JMarkJohns
12-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Felix has to know... plain and simple. He aspired to be a programmer. He sees his dream in what he's aided in her awakening/becoming. He now must continue to fulfill to what extent.

It doesn't matter what is happening... only what could happen.

That's his drive.

I don't think it's pussification so much as intentional actions based upon both a sexual and technical curiosity.

As Top Dollar would say, "Call It My Need To Know".

resistanze
12-27-2016, 05:35 PM
Felix has to know... plain and simple. He aspired to be a programmer. He sees his dream in what he's aided in her awakening/becoming. He now must continue to fulfill to what extent.

It doesn't matter what is happening... only what could happen.

That's his drive.

I don't think it's pussification so much as intentional actions based upon both a sexual and technical curiosity.

As Top Dollar would say, "Call It My Need To Know".

Agree, I figured that was his driver, but for me it wasn't explored enough to have credibility (and it still doesn't explain Sylvester and the other things I mentioned). And for a show that likes to spell out the motivations of characters (generally through monologue), Felix was probably served getting more depth/a platform than just being essentially a tool for Maeve.

I mean, besides his curiosity with the bird, he spends most of the time hesitating, stunned or telling Maeve 'we shouldn't do [insert activity]!' before eventually complying, mostly under Maeve's influence (who's already threatened to kill both techs, which further undermines his own motivations). They should've at least given Felix more of a character.

Reck
01-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Binged watched this shit in 2 days. :lol

Jeffrey Wright and Anthony Hopkins along with that female lead did an amazing job. Didn't care for Newton's character or even her performance as an actress.

Poor old James Mardens continues to be cucked by every women he's involved in. :lol

Reck
01-02-2017, 09:25 AM

I think that's the host he was making when Bernard offed Teresa in the basement.

Correct. I don't think there's any chance that was rally Ford.

So we still get to wonder is he playing a master of the universe game of chess, now? Or just kicking back and watching the anarchy?

I always thought his character was going to die by the finale anyway. Hopkins is too much of a powerhouse to want to stick around a TV show..even if its from HBO.

I didn't get the sense it wasn't "him"

tlongII
01-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Hopkins was only signed for one season so I think we can conclusively state he was killed.

redzero
01-17-2017, 11:45 PM
Groundhog's Day + The Truman Show + Red Dead Redemption + Bethesda

Really entertaining premise. I am a sucker for this type of stuff.

InRareForm
08-29-2017, 11:34 PM
rewatched the series , and it was great the second time around. Everything just makes sense... the conversations, mannerisms, etc....

when dolores asks ford if we are friends (episode 4 or 5 i think) , ford gets a little emotional and walks out.

season 2 a few months away

benefactor
08-30-2017, 06:31 AM
Good bump. Was thinking about starting it again too

Reck
09-01-2017, 11:59 AM
rewatched the series , and it was great the second time around. Everything just makes sense... the conversations, mannerisms, etc....

when dolores asks ford if we are friends (episode 4 or 5 i think) , ford gets a little emotional and walks out.

A few?

Season 2 won't come for at least well into 2018 summer.

Darth_Pelican
01-24-2018, 02:42 PM
Very late to this party, but I'm on episode 5 and I've really enjoyed this show.

I'm glad to hear that season 2 is coming out this year.

benefactor
02-05-2018, 09:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUmfriZoMw0

My body is ready

lefty20
02-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Yaas!

benefactor
02-05-2018, 10:03 PM
I hope they try to take over and Anthony Hopkins shows back up and dick whips all of them

LaMarcus Bryant
02-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Gonna have to rewatch this show was too weird :lol

Xevious
03-10-2018, 12:03 AM
I hope they try to take over and Anthony Hopkins shows back up and dick whips all of them
Why would he? Ford's master plan was to free the hosts, to atone for his 30-year-old mistakes. I think he allowed himself to be killed and unleashed the frozen hosts to lay waist on the other members of the board in order to set them free. Maeve's escape was preprogrammed by Ford as a distraction.

I just now finished the show, I was blown away. I did pick up on the Bernard twist fairly early on, but I had no clue that we were watching two timelines and that William was the Man in Black. I'm looking forward to season two... I just don't see how they'll top this one though. Hopefully it continues to be thought provoking, because a humans vs machines war is pretty played out.

Darth_Pelican
03-22-2018, 03:23 PM
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29511912_10156108483357357_3515530379000185415_n.j pg?oh=543351453da6b54f4aade26bca7e00e9&oe=5B2F1571

Xevious
03-30-2018, 12:00 PM
sjVqDg32_8s

benefactor
03-30-2018, 04:59 PM
:tu

InRareForm
03-30-2018, 07:31 PM
cant wait

Darth_Pelican
04-17-2018, 02:26 PM
This Sunday!

https://media.giphy.com/media/9uoYC7cjcU6w8/giphy.gif

benefactor
04-17-2018, 09:01 PM
This Sunday!

https://media.giphy.com/media/9uoYC7cjcU6w8/giphy.gif
Binged season 1 on the way to Panama beach last week. My body is ready.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-18-2018, 10:09 PM
Time to binge this again

Xevious
04-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Since I didn't see season 1 until here recently, I'm having a hard time deciding whether I want to watch this as it airs or just wait to binge it after it's done.

InRareForm
04-23-2018, 06:06 PM
Pretty good first episode. It had a season 1 feel with a bunch hints of flashbacks, conversations with knowledge quotes, new labortories, and multiple timelines. I think it's going to be an awesome season 2 and the previews for the forthcoming episodes look promising.

JMarkJohns
04-23-2018, 07:24 PM
Didn’t love 2.1... was Ok, but it did little to further anything but the aftermath upon initial viewing. I guess you can’t really have an end to season 1 and a season 2 without seeing the carnage and the chase, but that’s the least interesting part of the meta narratives. But then, I’d also dislike if the hosts effectively become white walkers and humans have to place aside their squabbles to save themselves too.

So, I guess I’m just hoping for something more and something less.

benefactor
04-24-2018, 07:29 AM
Didn’t love 2.1... was Ok, but it did little to further anything but the aftermath upon initial viewing. I guess you can’t really have an end to season 1 and a season 2 without seeing the carnage and the chase, but that’s the least interesting part of the meta narratives.
This is kinda how I felt...2.1 was more about the initial fallout of the hosts becoming aware. I can't wait to see how Shogun World fits into all of this.

InRareForm
04-30-2018, 09:43 AM
:wow episode 2. thoughts,

dolores is such a bad ass now. last season she never had luck, now she gets people to join her army while man in black fails to do so.

the party scene was great...

more mysteries.. glory, valley beyond. what was that large building thing william shows dolores?

benefactor
05-07-2018, 09:08 PM
...and here comes Shogunworld.:tu

InRareForm
05-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Episode 3 thoughts..

What is Dolores going to do now that teddy disobeyed her?

Why is Peter so important , what was his role for WW earlier

Who is the lady running from the tiger? Related to William?

SnakeBoy
05-09-2018, 02:10 AM
Season 2 is meh so far

Xevious
05-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Episode 3 thoughts..

What is Dolores going to do now that teddy disobeyed her?

Why is Peter so important , what was his role for WW earlier

Who is the lady running from the tiger? Related to William?
There are some theories online that it has to do with the DNA/memory records of all the guests that Delos was recording. Peter is probably "smuggling" out that data. Since all the guests are wealthy and most likely important people, Delos could use that information as a form of blackmail or to replace key figures in the real world with hosts.

Xevious
05-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Season 2 is meh so far
I actually agree. Though it took me a few episodes to fully get on board with season 1 also. We'll see.

Joseph Kony
05-09-2018, 01:40 PM
i'm enjoying it tbh. though the time hops are annoying

Spurminator
05-10-2018, 05:56 PM

Just finished rewatching season 1 and you nailed it. Makes so much more sense when you know what's going on.

Xevious
05-17-2018, 08:50 AM
Episode 4 was probably the strongest so far in season 2 (and surprise, Dolores wasn't even in the episode). We're finally getting an idea what Delos was doing and what their true interest was when investing in the park. My one gripe is that Elsie looked freshly showered and made up after being chained inside a cave and shitting in a bucket for several days (a week or more... don't remember how long it was supposed to be). :lol

InRareForm
05-17-2018, 08:20 PM
Yeah. It's cool with them bringing on the moral topics of immortality. It was well done with the example of Delos.

Man in Black never seems to choose sides, And always seemsnto do what's the right chess move to advance in the "game".

Shogun world seems to be cool, looking forward to all the visuals. Something different than the desert

Spurminator
05-17-2018, 11:20 PM
Episode 4 was probably the strongest so far in season 2 (and surprise, Dolores wasn't even in the episode). We're finally getting an idea what Delos was doing and what their true interest was when investing in the park. My one gripe is that Elsie looked freshly showered and made up after being chained inside a cave and shitting in a bucket for several days (a week or more... don't remember how long it was supposed to be). :lol

I have a sneaking suspicion that this Elsie is actually a clone.

05-21-2018, 10:48 AM
Last nights episode was pretty bad, tbh...

Xevious
05-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Yeah, Maeve and Dolores' storylines are kind of a drag so far.

Biernutz
05-23-2018, 03:40 PM
I thought season 1 was good but this season 2 for the most part looks like the show
is out of gas....the shogun story line is just awful. stick a fork in it.......

InRareForm
06-04-2018, 05:36 PM
I still like it but I have to go read a recap right after to realize what the hell is going on

Xevious
06-05-2018, 04:14 AM
I still like it but I have to go read a recap right after to realize what the hell is going on
I kind of feel like season 2 is confusing just for the sake of being confusing.

AaronY
06-05-2018, 06:14 AM
I kind of feel like season 2 is confusing just for the sake of being confusing.
Its like another Lost basically

Spurminator
06-05-2018, 08:07 AM
This season feels a lot more straightforward imo. They're pretty clear about when you're watching a flashback vs. when you on the present.

InRareForm
06-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Last episode was different but was good. Incredible acting by the ghost nation leader

tlongII
06-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Good to see Anthony Hopkins on the last two episodes. I'm surprised as I thought he wouldn't be appearing any more.

Xevious
06-15-2018, 05:23 PM
Episode 8 was easily the best in a long while, with a lot of tie-ins and explinations to events back in season 1. Hopefully Akecheta remains a prominent character from here on out.

SnakeBoy
06-25-2018, 12:27 AM
Disappointing finale

Capt Bringdown
06-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Make sure you watch the finale past the credits.

Spurminator
06-25-2018, 07:01 PM
Pretty fucking wild. I haven't processed it all.

JMarkJohns
06-25-2018, 11:59 PM
Season was a mess, but I look forward to now binging it over a shorter period to see if it makes sense or gets better.

Season 1 was great but got better with added viewings.

Xevious
06-26-2018, 09:27 AM
Make sure you watch the finale past the credits.
Neat... but ultimately pointless. It was confirmed that the MiB we've been watching all season is the real one. The post-credit version is some far future hybrid version that we'll probably never see again.

I don't know what to think. I was on such a high for this show after season 1 and now I'm pretty luke warm.

InRareForm
06-29-2018, 12:13 AM
The ringer wrote a good article on this season
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/tv/2018/6/25/17501714/westworld-finale-haphazard-storytelling the ringer sums up how I feel about this season..

I still enjoyed it but it was a chore sometimes to figure out what was going on.

Reck
06-29-2018, 09:24 PM
Damn the trajectory of this show went from great to shit in just 10 episodes. This season was unbearably bad.

on top of them being machines and the care factor being gone for these characters, they are now the bad guys too.

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2018, 09:39 PM
I stopped watching at episode 4 of season 2, couldn't do it anymore:lol didn't find it enjoyable anymore..

I loved season 1, I'll try season 2 again in a few months, maybe it'll be easier to follow and appreciate by binge watching..

Reck
07-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Season was a mess, but I look forward to now binging it over a shorter period to see if it makes sense or gets better.

Season 1 was great but got better with added viewings.

I would advice against doing that.

I did. Just like last season. I binged the bejesus out of season 1 so I thought I'd do the same with this one. It was a mistake because 1 episode just let to a worse episode and so on.

After about 6 episodes of basically being let down I wondered if I should continue. Episode 8 was a much needed break. It made me finish the season as a whole without feeling like I just wasted my time.

Overall, I felt deflated after the masterpiece season 1.

In my opinion, if they dont make things right again within the next season, this show could be in danger of going off air. The ratings season 2 got were abysmal.

InRareForm
07-02-2018, 12:46 PM
The premiere ratings was good. But the finale was down 30% or something.

It's really a thinking show for Westworld nerds and not for the casual viewers.. at least with GOT it's complex with characters and backstories but the plot is fairly simple and straightforward.

InRareForm
07-02-2018, 12:51 PM
Throughout the show when was the man in Black a copy of himself or him actual self?

So there is 2 dolores's walking around now?

Is the Westworld labs and westworld area going to just not appear anymore in season 3?

Just way too many questions

Reck
07-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Throughout the show when was the man in Black a copy of himself or him actual self?

So there is 2 dolores's walking around now?

Is the Westworld labs and westworld area going to just not appear anymore in season 3?

Just way too many questions

I dont really understand what Dolores wants. She's out so what else does she want to do and why would Bernard want to stop her? In the real world, she'd be taken out fairly easy so I dont get the us against them motto.

Also, how is that going to work? Dont they need a special white paste looking thing so they won't shut down and go full epileptic?

Huge mistake to take the show outside the park, imo.

Xevious
07-02-2018, 06:17 PM
He was human the entire time. He shot and killed his human daughter. The last scene was the only time he was a hybrid and it was in the distant future. He'll likely be human next season. The last scene really did nothing but add to the confusion.

InRareForm
09-14-2018, 01:17 PM
Arron Paul joining season 3

Reck
09-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Arron Paul joining season 3

I feel like this show is already on the decline. Season 3 has to be at or better than season 1 to redeem itself.

I can see HBO diverting Westworld money into the new Game of Throne spin off.

InRareForm
09-14-2018, 06:05 PM
I feel like this show is already on the decline. Season 3 has to be at or better than season 1 to redeem itself.

I can see HBO diverting Westworld money into the new Game of Throne spin off.

I think they might make it less complex and gain viewers with the recent move of Arron (although since breaking bad he hasn't done much lol). But I could be wrong , the writer said he could careless if it's too complex for casual viewers

Xevious
09-14-2018, 06:36 PM
I feel like this show is already on the decline.
That's a huge understatement.

InRareForm
05-14-2019, 12:56 PM
Now that thrones is wrapping up, can't wait for the return of this

aj3292
05-14-2019, 01:01 PM
Still haven't watched this, but been watching Person of Interest for the first time. With some of the shared personnel across the shows and the focus on AI again, this is definitely rising on my list of shows to watch.

Xevious
05-14-2019, 02:15 PM
I legit forgot about this show. It's not something I can even recommend to anybody because season two was so shitty.

Reck
05-14-2019, 02:54 PM
I legit forgot about this show. It's not something I can even recommend to anybody because season two was so shitty.

Seriously. It's over, at least for me.

DC23
05-14-2019, 03:19 PM
New to this thread. I started Westworld a few weeks ago and am almost through Season 1. I am really enjoying it.

05-14-2019, 03:30 PM
Yeah can't even get excited for this after s2. Its amazing how quickly great shows can get ruined tbh

Xevious
05-14-2019, 03:38 PM
New to this thread. I started Westworld a few weeks ago and am almost through Season 1. I am really enjoying it.

Season 1 is fantastic... watch season 2 at your own risk though. I can't remember a show I was so high on disappoint me so greatly from one season to the next.

Darth_Pelican
05-14-2019, 03:59 PM
S1 was legit. S2 was a mess. I don't even remember what happened at the end. I'll need to rewatch it before I give Ep1 of S3 a chance.

InRareForm
05-14-2019, 05:56 PM
I'm the opposite view , I thought season 2 was good. Especially the Indian episode . It is very complex and confusing though, it is a show you have to read recaps and do some homework, not a causal fan show for season 2.

Just like Homeland season 1 can stand by itself being great

DC23
05-28-2019, 12:35 AM
Just finished Season 1 and wow, what a turn of events at the end, but I think they do a good job connecting the dots re: William, Arnold, and Dolores, and Dr. Ford. I'm excited for Season 2 even though there seems to be a general consensus that Season 2 is a major disappointment. Will circle back in a couple weeks!

InRareForm
05-28-2019, 08:42 AM
Just finished Season 1 and wow, what a turn of events at the end, but I think they do a good job connecting the dots re: William, Arnold, and Dolores, and Dr. Ford. I'm excited for Season 2 even though there seems to be a general consensus that Season 2 is a major disappointment. Will circle back in a couple weeks!

It gets more complex if you don't mind that you will enjoy it

Xevious
05-28-2019, 09:54 AM
It gets more complex if you don't mind that you will enjoy it

Complexity has little to do with people's disappointment in season 2.

aj3292
05-28-2019, 12:23 PM
I'm the opposite view , I thought season 2 was good. Especially the Indian episode . It is very complex and confusing though, it is a show you have to read recaps and do some homework, not a causal fan show for season 2.

how do you respond to typical criticisms of season 2?

Reck
05-28-2019, 05:29 PM

The only bright spot of season 2.

But as we know, one or 2 episodes cant save a season from being a dumpster fire. I enjoyed that episode as a stand alone. The rest are just nonsensical and all out of place.

Xevious
05-28-2019, 11:27 PM
The only bright spot of season 2.

But as we know, one or 2 episodes cant save a season from being a dumpster fire. I enjoyed that episode as a stand alone. The rest are just nonsensical and all out of place.

Agreed. The Native American episode was great as a stand-alone. The Japanese stuff was a waste of time and went nowhere. I feel like they tried to double down on the success of the first season and have multiple timelines with a "shocking" twist ending.

Darth_Pelican
03-20-2020, 10:07 AM
R.I.P.

I tried S3 EP1

No Más

03-20-2020, 01:09 PM
I actually liked it tbh. Got a feeling it will be better than S2

Blake
03-20-2020, 04:19 PM
I got around to watching the first few episodes of season 1.

From the previews it looks nothing like "west"world any more. Bummer

Xevious
03-20-2020, 07:47 PM
I'll probably watch when more episodes are available. I'm having a hard time getting excited after the season 2 shit show.

DMX7
03-20-2020, 08:20 PM
It’s very different in season 3 and I like it.

BD24
03-20-2020, 09:14 PM
I actually liked it tbh. Got a feeling it will be better than S2
This

InRareForm
03-21-2020, 03:50 PM
Season 3 is going to be good I think

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 03:56 PM
Seriously. It's over, at least for me.

Not enough wang for you?

Blake
03-22-2020, 09:50 PM
You talk about wang too much not to be gay. You're really gay.

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 10:09 PM
You talk about wang too much not to be gay. You're really gay.

Way to go on the cuckfensive :tu

Reck
03-22-2020, 11:12 PM
Not enough wang for you?

Not sure how one comes to that conclusion from that post. You really are into dicks, eh?

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 11:26 PM
Not sure how one comes to that conclusion from that post. You really are into dicks, eh?

I know you are. You should probably take a break from bending over for dudes for about the next three to four months.

Reck
03-22-2020, 11:33 PM
I know you are. You should probably take a break from bending over for dudes for about the next three to four months.

Horrible defensive post. That told me!

Spurtacular
03-22-2020, 11:35 PM
Horrible defensive post. That told me!

No attack, I assure you. Do what you want to do. You seem young enough that you'll be fine; keep taking your dicks, then. Maybe do a moratorium on smoking to be safe though.

Blake
03-23-2020, 12:15 AM
wang?

bending over for dudes.

taking dicks.

johnsmith
03-25-2020, 07:29 PM
We just binge watched season 2....I don’t understand all the hate....I thought it was fantastic. Only thing I can come up with is that if you have to wait a week to watch it would have been a little more difficult to enjoy.

Reck
03-25-2020, 07:32 PM
We just binge watched season 2....I don’t understand all the hate....I thought it was fantastic. Only thing I can come up with is that if you have to wait a week to watch it would have been a little more difficult to enjoy.

Binge watching this make me hate the show even more. Was pulling my hair by episode 5.

The japanese stuff was so idiotic. I see they opted for an 8 episode 3rd season so that can only help it.

johnsmith
03-25-2020, 07:35 PM
Binge watching this make me hate the show even more. Was pulling my hair by episode 5.

The japanese stuff was so idiotic. I see they opted for an 8 episode 3rd season so that can only help it.

Lol...fuck maybe I just have terrible taste at this point in my life....I blame my kids.

BD24
03-25-2020, 07:45 PM
I wouldn’t say season 2 was awful, I just didn’t feel it was on the same level as season 1. A bit of a letdown I suppose you could say

johnsmith
03-27-2020, 11:24 AM
I wouldn’t say season 2 was awful, I just didn’t feel it was on the same level as season 1. A bit of a letdown I suppose you could say

maybe because we waited so long to watch it that season 1 wasn’t fresh in my head because I loved it.....or like I said to reck, my taste is just awful.

resistanze
04-20-2020, 11:24 PM
S3 got real stupid real quick.

BD24
04-21-2020, 01:41 PM
I don’t think it’s awful....but I have started losing interest for sure. They are diving down some weird rabbit holes

Reck
04-21-2020, 02:15 PM
Look at the bright side. At least the dissapointment came early.

You dont have to continue to waste your time with this series, unlike what happened with GoT.

InRareForm
04-22-2020, 12:58 PM
Season 3 episodes have been hit or miss.

InRareForm
04-22-2020, 12:58 PM
Westworld renewed for season 4

InRareForm
07-18-2022, 10:26 AM
Westworld season 4 has been good. Season 3 wasn't the best but they are making up for it on this one. Sometimes it gets to complex , I think that's why it not as popular as season 1.

Spoiler for season 4:

Did not see the fidelity test for Caleb coming by Charlores. Brilliant twist.