PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Dr. Pepper Just Made A 20 Million Dollar Investment Into Kobe Bryants Sports Drink

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2015, 12:43 PM
While Duncan is losing money hand over foot..Kobe Bryant is leading a consortium as part of the Commish....Outstanding Kobe!!!!!! Outstanding :toast

Dr Pepper just bought a big stake in a Gatorade rival drink called BodyArmor that's backed by basketball star Kobe Bryant.

Kobe Bryant sits on the board of directors and owns more than 10% of the company.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group said it paid $20 million for an 11.7% stake in BA Sports Nutrition, the maker of BodyArmor.

Gatorade had a 77% share of the $6.81 billion sports drink market last year, while Powerade had a 20% share, according to data from Euromonitor International cited by the Wall Street Journal (http://www.wsj.com/articles/dr-pepper-buys-stake-in-gatoraderival-bodyarmor-1439341381).
BodyArmor's sales were $30 million last year and revenue has increased 180% through the first nine months of this year.

Body Armor launched in 2011 and generated $10 million in revenue over the past 12 months. Sales more than doubled each of the past two years. Each of the six flavors contain coconut water, two and a half times the electrolytes of traditional sports drinks and are low in sodium.

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Kobe chasing MJ and now bout to take down Gatorade with shrewd investments....meanwhile Tammy still trying to recover from a 25 million dollar lose on some bad grapes :lol

Take notes college graduate :lol

hooperflash
08-12-2015, 12:56 PM
What's your favorite flavor of BodyArmor Sports Drink?

Trainwreck2100
08-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Congrats Vanessa

SpursforSix
08-12-2015, 01:02 PM
While Duncan is losing money hand over foot..Kobe Bryant is leading a consortium as part of the Commish....Outstanding Kobe!!!!!! Outstanding :toast

Body Armor launched in 2011 and generated $10 million in revenue over the past 12 months. Sales more than doubled each of the past two years. Each of the six flavors contain coconut water, two and a half times the electrolytes of traditional sports drinks and are low in sodium.

so what's the gimmick? what sets it apart from the other sports drinks?
Does it rape you?

Raven
08-12-2015, 01:05 PM
coconut water :lmao

Thread
08-12-2015, 01:08 PM
hand over foot

:lol

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2015, 01:10 PM

I figured it out...hand over foot implies bending over..

daslicer
08-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Kobe chasing MJ and now bout to take down Gatorade with shrewd investments....meanwhile Tammy still trying to recover from a 25 million dollar lose on some bad grapes :lol

Take notes college graduate :lol

Deep question if Kobe was selling his urine how much would you pay to drink it?

m>s
08-12-2015, 02:59 PM
All $21.97 in his bank account

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2015, 03:08 PM

I dunno I love that nikka so much I'd drink for free :lmao and then wink

Mitch
08-12-2015, 03:11 PM
I'm not a fan of Kobe's drink, but coconut water is great for hydration.

coconut water :lmao

RGMCSE
08-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Congrats Vanessa
Exactly! Duncan got rid of his gold digging whore and can now enjoy life. While nessa cracks the whip on Kobe for more money. Nessa won't give up the puss till Kobe buys her another 4 million dollar ring. All white girls out there are put at risk by nessa's greed especially if they reside in Colorado. Nessa's pimp hand is made of cold hard steel. Poor Kobe can't get away from the bitch. No prenup.

Killakobe81
08-12-2015, 03:39 PM
I'm not a fan of Kobe's drink, but coconut water is great for hydration.

yep not sure why he is laughing a lot of health enthusiasts are proponents of it (coco water) ... never tried Kobe's myself. But whenever i visit Belize or Hawaii I drink it it tastes good and replaces a lot of what you sweat out ... but i think it's high in sodium or something not great for you IIRC ...

Mitch
08-12-2015, 03:50 PM
yep not sure why he is laughing a lot of health enthusiasts are proponents of it (coco water) ... never tried Kobe's myself. But whenever i visit Belize or Hawaii I drink it it tastes good and replaces a lot of what you sweat out ... but i think it's high in sodium or something not great for you IIRC ...

Sodium is needed for active lifestyle, salt pills were a thing when I played football. Plays a role in keeping hydrated.

Kobe's water is a little bland, the purple one is okay. Coconut water just doesn't seem to taste good with a lot of standard drink flavors.

Raven
08-12-2015, 05:08 PM

that's exactly why, coco water is the most overrated nutrient i've heard of in the last 5 years. I absolutely hate it and would punch in the face anyone saying it's going to help their diet. I could ramble about it for hours tbh always being around vegans and vegetarians, but the funny part is that the guy that i hate the most in the world invests in the thing i respectfully consider a massive load of crap. I really consider it as one of the things bound to lose a lot of its value, like ipads and other stuff that has no real value (that is, value-cost)

Killakobe81
08-12-2015, 05:15 PM
that's exactly why, coco water is the most overrated nutrient i've heard of in the last 5 years. I absolutely hate it and would punch in the face anyone saying it's going to help their diet. I could ramble about it for hours tbh always being around vegans and vegetarians, but the funny part is that the guy that i hate the most in the world invests in the thing i respectfully consider a massive load of crap. I really consider it as one of the things bound to lose a lot of its value, like ipads and other stuff that has no real value (that is, value-cost)

I hate Dwight Howard and Kevin McHale ... as players ... but person you hate most in the world?! seems pretty silly to invest that much hate in a NBA player when there are dictators who have committed genocide, child molesters etc. I guess you were being dramatic but taken at face value seems a bit misguided ...

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2015, 05:20 PM

Were you buttfucked and raped with a coconut

Buddy Mignon
08-12-2015, 05:37 PM

Are you a woman or gay? Eighty percent of vegans are women and the rest are gay. These are facts?

Raven
08-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Are you a woman or gay? Eighty percent of vegans are women and the rest are gay. These are facts?

you do know you need to be around women to fuck them right?

Buddy Mignon
08-12-2015, 05:46 PM
you do know you need to be around women to fuck them right?

I could stop fucking right now and you could continue fucking at your pace for the rest of your life and you'd never catch me. I'm that far out in front of you.

Buddy Mignon
08-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Just saying...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/01/vegan-woman-lifestyle_n_5063565.html

DMC
08-12-2015, 05:49 PM

Do you have to meet some guy in the back alley and suck it through a hose? That's not coconut.

DMC
08-12-2015, 05:49 PM
I could stop fucking right now and you could continue fucking at your pace for the rest of your life and you'd never catch me. I'm that far out in front of you.
You measuring in poundage?

Raven
08-12-2015, 05:52 PM

indeed, i can see by how quickly you get defensive, that you are totally the man

Buddy Mignon
08-12-2015, 05:54 PM
indeed, i can see by how quickly you get defensive, that you are totally the man

I'm just saying... if you're a vegan you are less likely to get laid than a meat eater like myself and Kool. You should eat a steak sometime.

Raven
08-12-2015, 05:55 PM
I hate Dwight Howard and Kevin McHale ... as players ... but person you hate most in the world?! seems pretty silly to invest that much hate in a NBA player when there are dictators who have committed genocide, child molesters etc. I guess you were being dramatic but taken at face value seems a bit misguided ...

i don't hate much anybody so being the most hated doesn't necessarily mean being hated much at all. Actually at this point it's more a repulsive effect, he is just the poster boy of everything i dislike.

Raven
08-12-2015, 05:55 PM
I'm just saying... if you're a vegan you are less likely to get laid than a meat eater like myself and Kool. You should eat a steak sometime.

i'm not a vegan, where did you get that from :lol

Buddy Mignon
08-12-2015, 05:56 PM
You measuring in poundage?

You could... I've sent quite a few bodies to the morgue.

Buddy Mignon
08-12-2015, 05:58 PM
i'm not a vegan, where did you get that from :lol

You said you always hang out with vegans. Since 80% of vegans are women I'm assuming you're either vegan or gay. Hey... there's nothing wrong if you choose to be gay... I just wouldn't do it.

Raven
08-12-2015, 06:05 PM
You said you always hang out with vegans. Since 80% of vegans are women I'm assuming you're either vegan or gay. Hey... there's nothing wrong if you choose to be gay... I just wouldn't do it.

i hate veganism and consider absolutely retarded anyone wanting to lose weight and being vegan at the same time. It just baffles me how bad some "healthy diets" are and how much bullshit you can hear and read the last few years or so.. coconut water/oil are just the last popular one.. Like i eat carbs all the time and i'm going to lose weight because i use coconut oil instead of the normal one and i'll be healthier because of that.. I tend to be around vegan chicks a lot for some reason, maybe because i like chicks that not only look great but they also need to think and i guess if one becomes a vegan, she has to be thinking about it, never mind the fact that it's a dumb way of thinking..

Koolaid_Man
08-12-2015, 06:22 PM

i hate veganism and consider absolutely retarded anyone wanting to lose weight and being vegan at the same time. It just baffles me how bad some "healthy diets" are and how much bullshit you can hear and read the last few years or so.. coconut water/oil are just the last popular one.. Like i eat carbs all the time and i'm going to lose weight because i use coconut oil instead of the normal one and i'll be healthier because of that.. I tend to be around vegan chicks a lot for some reason, maybe because i like chicks that not only look great but they also need to think and i guess if one becomes a vegan, she has to be thinking about it, never mind the fact that it's a dumb way of thinking..

Again why all the rage... did someone butt fuck you with a coconut....:lol

You sound like a total bitch ass douchbag....again what part of this dont you get...:lol

BD24
08-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Assuming the special ingredient in kobes drink is roofies. Sounds like it will be a big hit with frat boys.

Reck
08-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Assuming the special ingredient in kobes drink is roofies. Sounds like it will be a big hit with frat boys.

Hopefully the frat boys actually know how to manhandle a woman and use them as cum catchers instead of letting one off hit the bathroom curtain like Kobe. :lmao

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-12-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm curious as to why you count another man's pockets...first Floyd, now Kobe.

I get you cheer for them in the court, or in the ring. But what's with the money talk?

You do realize you will never see their amount of wealth? And that it is pointless to celebrate such?

Makes you look like you're dirt broke and living vicariously through other lives.

DeRozan m8
08-12-2015, 09:31 PM
These Lakers fans are such delusional losers

adonis827
08-12-2015, 10:42 PM
30M revenue from bodyarmor yearly perhaps 60M now? Minus expenses- the net might be small.

Can't Kobe earn that as endorsement from Gatorade?

Killakobe81
08-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Do you have to meet some guy in the back alley and suck it through a hose? That's not coconut.

Was that meant to be funny? Real talk about hydration and you ruin it with dumb shit go play somewhere ...

Spurtacular
08-13-2015, 01:59 AM
I would never drink Kobe's rape juice.

Thread
08-13-2015, 02:59 AM
I would never drink Kobe's rape juice.

You've nary room. Your Neal raped as well. Don't worry though, Spurts, it ain't like it was your wife, gf, or, mother they raped. Just some no accounts. You're fine.

Spurtacular
08-13-2015, 03:08 AM
You've nary room. Your Neal raped as well. Don't worry though, Spurts, it ain't like it was your wife, gf, or, mother they raped. Just some no accounts. You're fine.

So, you admit that Kobe is a rapist.

Thread
08-13-2015, 03:13 AM
So, you admit that Kobe is a rapist.

Absolutely. If you hadn't been hiding upstairs forever you'd know that without being told.

Spurtacular
08-13-2015, 03:16 AM
Absolutely. If you hadn't been hiding upstairs forever you'd know that without being told.

I'll add this to the dossier on you that I'll never make.

Mal
08-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Dr. Pepper is no good

Thread
08-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Dr. Pepper is no good

Not as a mainstay, such as Coca-Cola, but, occasionally it is enjoyable. Cherry Dr. Pepper is a treat.

SpursforSix
08-13-2015, 12:07 PM
I'll add this to the dossier on you that I'll never make.

I am going to use that in real life.

Killakobe81
08-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Dr. Pepper is no good

Not a fan either Snapple is the best stuff that company makes

Dunc n Dave
08-13-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm curious as to why you count another man's pockets...first Floyd, now Kobe.

I get you cheer for them in the court, or in the ring. But what's with the money talk?

You do realize you will never see their amount of wealth? And that it is pointless to celebrate such?

Makes you look like you're dirt broke and living vicariously through other lives.

If you've been around awhile, you'd know this is just Kool grasping at straws to try to validate his delusions of Kobe>Duncan. He use to never care about Kobe vs. Duncan contracts, because he had the "Kobe has more hardware" argument. Now that Tim got #5 and keeps making the playoffs while Kobe goes fishin', he no longer has the hardware argument to hold Kobe up over Duncan. So, he's resorted to propping up Kobe's paycheck over Duncan. Sad really, that he has to use endorsements to try to convince us that Kobe and the Lakers are still relevant...

Killakobe81
08-13-2015, 01:46 PM
If you've been around awhile, you'd know this is just Kool grasping at straws to try to validate his delusions of Kobe>Duncan. He use to never care about Kobe vs. Duncan contracts, because he had the "Kobe has more hardware" argument. Now that Tim got #5 and keeps making the playoffs while Kobe goes fishin', he no longer has the hardware argument to hold Kobe up over Duncan. So, he's resorted to propping up Kobe's paycheck over Duncan. Sad really, that he has to use endorsements to try to convince us that Kobe and the Lakers are still relevant...

Whatup Dnd? Where have YOU been?

ambchang
08-13-2015, 02:32 PM

The funny thing is, by doing this, it further shows how, basketball-wise, Kobe is no where even close to Duncan.

Back in 2011, even when Kobe had one more ring and had the big market effect, people were still putting Duncan ahead of Kobe, but there was a debate, mostly amongst Kobestans, that they are equal, with Kobe slightly ahead. But to do that, you would have to ignore individual accolades like MVPs and FMVPs, the ONLY argument was 5:4, and even with that, the real argument was actually LA:SA. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it, people just don't really want to say it.

Fast forward to 2014, with the Lakers doing historically bad, and the Spurs winning #5, with Duncan being the unquestioned leader and defensive anchor of the team, even at this advanced age, and even Kobestans have to admit that Duncan > Kobe. And that is WITH Kobe still in LA, pulling in endorsements and the larger reach of the Los Angeles market. Even though the Lakers are historically bad, Kobe is still pulling in coin because of his exposure to a large population of people, and that doesn't really speak to the basketball abilities or accomplishments of Kobe, but more to the reach the team he plays for have. Despite this huge advantage, Kobe is STILL viewed as < Duncan by most of the population, be it traditional old school analyst or the new age advanced metrics guys.

It's like comparing Kim Kadarshian to Judy Dench. KK definitely pulls in more coin, has way more investments and exposure than JD ever did or ever will, but no one in their right minds will ever say KK is a more accomplished artist compared to JD.

Killakobe81
08-13-2015, 02:39 PM
The funny thing is, by doing this, it further shows how, basketball-wise, Kobe is no where even close to Duncan.

Back in 2011, even when Kobe had one more ring and had the big market effect, people were still putting Duncan ahead of Kobe, but there was a debate, mostly amongst Kobestans, that they are equal, with Kobe slightly ahead. But to do that, you would have to ignore individual accolades like MVPs and FMVPs, the ONLY argument was 5:4, and even with that, the real argument was actually LA:SA. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it, people just don't really want to say it.

Fast forward to 2014, with the Lakers doing historically bad, and the Spurs winning #5, with Duncan being the unquestioned leader and defensive anchor of the team, even at this advanced age, and even Kobestans have to admit that Duncan > Kobe. And that is WITH Kobe still in LA, pulling in endorsements and the larger reach of the Los Angeles market. Even though the Lakers are historically bad, Kobe is still pulling in coin because of his exposure to a large population of people, and that doesn't really speak to the basketball abilities or accomplishments of Kobe, but more to the reach the team he plays for have. Despite this huge advantage, Kobe is STILL viewed as < Duncan by most of the population, be it traditional old school analyst or the new age advanced metrics guys.

It's like comparing Kim Kadarshian to Judy Dench. KK definitely pulls in more coin, has way more investments and exposure than JD ever did or ever will, but no one in their right minds will ever say KK is a more accomplished artist compared to JD.

LOL

BD24
08-13-2015, 02:55 PM
LOL
Does someone really need to post that poll with the map man? I know AMB is an overboard Kobe hater, but he is right about Duncan being viewed as better by most of the population.

ambchang
08-13-2015, 03:17 PM
LOL

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000208-sports-and-racing-nba/66289329

Done before Duncan won his fifth, and even then most people picked Duncan.
63% for Duncan (since Duncan DID win his fifth) vs. 30% for Kobe.

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=4587835
65% vs. 35%, which each of the 50 states in the great ole US of A, along with international votes, having Duncan over Kobe (Duncan even won in California, 53% to 47%). Most of the other 49 states have the split closer to 70/30, and the international market, DESPITE what Carpisunman said about Kobe being an international brand, had Duncan 64/36.

The internet reacts: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/espn-poll-who-has-had-the-better-career-kobe-or-duncan.267877/

http://www.city-data.com/forum/basketball/1848986-tim-duncan-vs-kobe-bryant-poll-2.html
This was done in 2013, before Duncan won his fifth, and Duncan STILL led 45-28 (about a 60/40 split)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1656129-who-has-the-better-career-resume-kobe-bryant-or-tim-duncan
Even bleacherreport, about the most main stream media, has Duncan over Kobe:

The numbers are remarkably similar across the board between Bryant and Duncan. Both have been very, very good for a very, very long time.

But part of what makes NBA basketball great is nuance—the stuff below the surface that sometimes goes unnoticed. In the same vein, I think it's clear that after looking below the surface in this comparison between Bryant and Duncan, there is a surprisingly robust amount of evidence that says Duncan's resume is more impressive.

Advanced statistics certainly favor him. And a deeper look at his postseason success shows that he was more integral to his team's championship runs than Bryant was to his.

So it's time to give Duncan the credit he deserves, and in an unpretentious fashion that Timmy would undoubtedly approve, here it is: Tim Duncan has had a better career than Kobe Bryant.

And if the Spurs take home yet another title in June, the gap between the two will only widen.

Arcadian
08-13-2015, 03:23 PM
:lol materialistic corporate cultural drones

Killakobe81
08-13-2015, 03:30 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000208-sports-and-racing-nba/66289329

Done before Duncan won his fifth, and even then most people picked Duncan.
63% for Duncan (since Duncan DID win his fifth) vs. 30% for Kobe.

http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=4587835
65% vs. 35%, which each of the 50 states in the great ole US of A, along with international votes, having Duncan over Kobe (Duncan even won in California, 53% to 47%). Most of the other 49 states have the split closer to 70/30, and the international market, DESPITE what Carpisunman said about Kobe being an international brand, had Duncan 64/36.

The internet reacts: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/espn-poll-who-has-had-the-better-career-kobe-or-duncan.267877/

http://www.city-data.com/forum/basketball/1848986-tim-duncan-vs-kobe-bryant-poll-2.html
This was done in 2013, before Duncan won his fifth, and Duncan STILL led 45-28 (about a 60/40 split)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1656129-who-has-the-better-career-resume-kobe-bryant-or-tim-duncan
Even bleacherreport, about the most main stream media, has Duncan over Kobe:

I dont disagree with Arcadian. I already said I am now taking Tim. I just dont believe that the population agrees. All-star game votes and plenty of other signs jersey sales etc. say otherwise. The ESPN poll yuou listed was taken just after Duncan won a title (IIRC) if a similar poll was taken last June I am sure many would take Curry over Durant and maybe even some over LeBron ...

And I already know that in CHINA (the most populated country on earth) your post would be false ... LOL ESPN polls ... eSPN only matters when they back your side.

But again who cares? Doesnt matter to me but your assertion is false.

Killakobe81
08-13-2015, 03:32 PM
I've seen it still disagree LOL ESPN polls ...

ambchang
08-13-2015, 03:47 PM
I dont disagree with Arcadian. I already said I am now taking Tim. I just dont believe that the population agrees. All-star game votes and plenty of other signs jersey sales etc. say otherwise. The ESPN poll yuou listed was taken just after Duncan won a title (IIRC) if a similar poll was taken last June I am sure many would take Curry over Durant and maybe even some over LeBron ...

And I already know that in CHINA (the most populated country on earth) your post would be false ... LOL ESPN polls ... eSPN only matters when they back your side.

But again who cares? Doesnt matter to me but your assertion is false.

I posted multiple polls, most when it was Kobe 5: Duncan 4, and they still chose Duncan.

Second, international markets in the poll chose Duncan over Kobe. International includes China. So your point is moot.

Third, jersey sales only accounts for a subset of people, and is biased towards players in larger markets. Also, buying a jersey doesn't mean agreeing the player is the best. If that is the case nobody would ever buy John Wall or Carmelo jerseys.

Fourth, all star games are position dependent. SG is extremely weak the last few years. Who else should people select other than Kobe? Harden only came on strong the last year or two.

Where as Duncan had to go up against competition so strong, players like LMA and Randolph routinely doesn't even make the all start teams.

ambchang
08-13-2015, 03:48 PM
I've seen it still disagree LOL ESPN polls ...

You act as if I only posted one poll, and yet I posted multiple.

What do you have going for you? Your intuition?

Killakobe81
08-13-2015, 03:58 PM
I posted multiple polls, most when it was Kobe 5: Duncan 4, and they still chose Duncan.

Second, international markets in the poll chose Duncan over Kobe. International includes China. So your point is moot.

Third, jersey sales only accounts for a subset of people, and is biased towards players in larger markets. Also, buying a jersey doesn't mean agreeing the player is the best. If that is the case nobody would ever buy John Wall or Carmelo jerseys.

Fourth, all star games are position dependent. SG is extremely weak the last few years. Who else should people select other than Kobe? Harden only came on strong the last year or two.

Where as Duncan had to go up against competition so strong, players like LMA and Randolph routinely doesn't even make the all start teams.

Again I dont even care enough to argue the point that much. I disagree. You can write another 3 paragraph response it won't change. Duncan is higher than Kobe on my list now ... you have that ... but I know much more than hoops than the average person ... but the average person will take Kobe over duncan.

Lumping china with "international" doesnt change the point that Kobe is 10x more popular in the world's largest country by population so you were wrong. Go ahead and do your research prove Duncan is more popular in China and I will concede the point ... in fact i will place any Duncan pic you want in my signature where Kobe is now.

LOL All-star game votes and jersey sales Affected by big markets? No shit. Just proves my point ...Kobe is more popular with more people. you can argue it's due to a bigger city or larger fanbase but again that just proves my point ...and much better than a ESPN poll will. If you buy a jersey or vote for a all-star you are more of a basketball fan than someone who just clicks on a poll.

Im with arcadian (and you) the savvy metric fan will favor Duncan ... but there is a lot more of the common fan than the deep dive ones ... like you Arcadian, or myself.

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Crazy how even First Take, the biggest superstar dickrider show ever, had Duncan ranked over Kobe.

RsxPiimp
08-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Kool, don't forget China's richest man investing on Kobe (the founder of Alibaba Jack Ma)

http://deadline.com/2015/08/alibaba-kobe-bryant-jack-ma-china-deal-1201490411/

http://i2.wp.com/pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/jack-ma-kobe-bryant1.jpg?crop=8px%2C0px%2C949px%2C636px&resize=446%2C299

Turns out Alibaba founder Jack Ma really is a Lakers fan — or certainly a Kobe Bryant fan. Last October, China’s richest man was spotted courtside at the Lakers’ season opener, sandwiched between WME chiefs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell, during a week in which he made highly-publicized rounds of Hollywood. Today, some of what was perhaps percolating on that trip has become clear. Ma’s e-commerce giant Alibaba Group has entered into a wide-ranging agreement with Lakers star (and WME TV client) Bryant via his Kobe Inc start-up.

:lmao

RsxPiimp
08-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Crazy how even First Take, the biggest superstar dickrider show ever, had Duncan ranked over Kobe.

1st take

Killakobe81
08-13-2015, 04:37 PM

Skip is a huge Spurs fan. wow. Crazy.

DMC
08-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Here and in LA it stopped being about Lakers' basketball after 2011 when Cubes and Phil did the three legged race around the area, Mark hopping like mad behind him. Since then it's been about pomp and circumstance. It's LA Housewives Lakers edition.

You have a few pretend Lakers fans here who never had a decent schtick but you also have some real deal fans who keep hollerin' "TANK" and thus the tank rolls in and after it leaves, it's not like battle of the Bulge, it's more like Tiananmen Square with Kobe being the little chink standing in front of it.

RsxPiimp
08-13-2015, 05:26 PM
Here and in LA it stopped being about Lakers' basketball after 2011 when Cubes and Phil did the three legged race around the area, Mark hopping like mad behind him. Since then it's been about pomp and circumstance. It's LA Housewives Lakers edition.

You have a few pretend Lakers fans here who never had a decent schtick but you also have some real deal fans who keep hollerin' "TANK" and thus the tank rolls in and after it leaves, it's not like battle of the Bulge, it's more like Tiananmen Square with Kobe being the little chink standing in front of it.

Oh, trust me. L.A. is still about the Lakers and we Laker fans are still about basketball. Kobe's success off the court is just cherry on top.

DMC
08-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Oh, trust me. L.A. is still about the Lakers and we Laker fans are still about basketball. Kobe's success off the court is just cherry on top.

You faggots wouldn't know basketball if one raped you in a hotel room. You're all about players, not games. You've never been a Lakers' fan, only a Kobe fan. You faggots got a fugazi when you thought you had the next Jordan, and you've held onto that notion as it carries you into the abyss, telling everyone who will listen "We got a real diamond". When asked about your team, you cannot even name them. You have no idea who your starting 5 will be, you only know Kobe. You stood idly by as Lamar Odom was sold off like a slave, while Pau was done dirty and eventually left, while Bynum was sent packing for nothing. You were sated because Kobe was still there. Who are those other guys? Who cares... Kobe's the best.

Asian player fans are funny.

RsxPiimp
08-13-2015, 06:22 PM
DMC, you don't know the difference between left and right or how galaxies such as the Milky Way are able to form new stars at an unsustainable rate. Shut up dude!

ambchang
08-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Again I dont even care enough to argue the point that much. I disagree. You can write another 3 paragraph response it won't change. Duncan is higher than Kobe on my list now ... you have that ... but I know much more than hoops than the average person ... but the average person will take Kobe over duncan.

Lumping china with "international" doesnt change the point that Kobe is 10x more popular in the world's largest country by population so you were wrong. Go ahead and do your research prove Duncan is more popular in China and I will concede the point ... in fact i will place any Duncan pic you want in my signature where Kobe is now.

LOL All-star game votes and jersey sales Affected by big markets? No shit. Just proves my point ...Kobe is more popular with more people. you can argue it's due to a bigger city or larger fanbase but again that just proves my point ...and much better than a ESPN poll will. If you buy a jersey or vote for a all-star you are more of a basketball fan than someone who just clicks on a poll.

Im with arcadian (and you) the savvy metric fan will favor Duncan ... but there is a lot more of the common fan than the deep dive ones ... like you Arcadian, or myself.

You are mixing up liking and ranking higher.

David Robinson is my favourite player of all time, but I'm not going to say he is better than Magic or bird or Jordan or Kareem or etc.

I would buy his jersey and vote him in the all star game before voting for any of the greats. Doesn't mean I think he's better

I like Sean Elliott and Manu more than I like Duncan, doesn't mean I think they are better than Duncan, or even comparable.

And China is part of international voting. The question isn't who is more popular, it's who accomplished more.

Koolaid_Man
08-14-2015, 05:47 AM
Kool, don't forget China's richest man investing on Kobe (the founder of Alibaba Jack Ma)

http://deadline.com/2015/08/alibaba-kobe-bryant-jack-ma-china-deal-1201490411/

http://i2.wp.com/pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/jack-ma-kobe-bryant1.jpg?crop=8px%2C0px%2C949px%2C636px&resize=446%2C299

Turns out Alibaba founder Jack Ma really is a Lakers fan — or certainly a Kobe Bryant fan. Last October, China’s richest man was spotted courtside at the Lakers’ season opener, sandwiched between WME chiefs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell, during a week in which he made highly-publicized rounds of Hollywood. Today, some of what was perhaps percolating on that trip has become clear. Ma’s e-commerce giant Alibaba Group has entered into a wide-ranging agreement with Lakers star (and WME TV client) Bryant via his Kobe Inc start-up.

Awesome....Alibaba is like the google or amazon of China.....one thing for sure they dont want to deal with Spur fans gay cuck....they only want true Alphas...I dont blame them.....

Reck
08-14-2015, 06:07 AM
God damn kool, you're sad.

Still counting other people's money?

This is a new low. Do you actually search for rich people and pretend you're in the circle? Is that some sort of fantasy?

ambchang
08-14-2015, 06:25 AM
Awesome....Alibaba is like the google or amazon of China.....one thing for sure they dont want to deal with Spur fans gay cuck....they only want true Alphas...I dont blame them.....

Wait, so Kobe is working for somebody else, somebody who sits in a big office on the 89th floor of som building in Shanghai reaping the benefits of Kobe's work, and Kobe is the true alpha?

Koolaid_Man
08-14-2015, 07:08 AM
Wait, so Kobe is working for somebody else, somebody who sits in a big office on the 89th floor of som building in Shanghai reaping the benefits of Kobe's work, and Kobe is the true alpha?

Correct.....as opposed to getting fucked in the ass by some white boy with a gag ball in his mouth Pulp Fiction style....coming up for air only to see some illegal alien stripper crossfit trainer teaching the kidos how to do the clean and jerk while mummy collects the "for your silence" also known as the gag order checks.....:lol

Koolaid_Man
08-14-2015, 07:12 AM
God damn kool, you're sad.

Still counting other people's money?

This is a new low. Do you actually search for rich people and pretend you're in the circle? Is that some sort of fantasy?

Yes I'm living vicariously through others....makes my self esteem soar...its a wonderful feeling to dream that I'm rich and can monkey ball....

ambchang
08-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Correct.....as opposed to getting fucked in the ass by some white boy with a gag ball in his mouth Pulp Fiction style....coming up for air only to see some illegal alien stripper crossfit trainer teaching the kidos how to do the clean and jerk while mummy collects the "for your silence" also known as the gag order checks.....:lol

Which one of the things you listed were fact checked?

So if you have to buy a new house and a new church for your in-laws, you'd be alpha?

Koolaid_Man
08-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Which one of the things you listed were fact checked?

So if you have to buy a new house and a new church for your in-laws, you'd be alpha?

If I chose to do so..yeah...,but I'd much rather buy my mother in law a new house than to buy my live-in nigga a condo just to spite my wife...:lmao

ambchang
08-14-2015, 07:53 AM
If I chose to do so..yeah...,but I'd much rather buy my mother in law a new house than to buy my live-in nigga a condo just to spite my wife...:lmao

You would, but then you couldn't.

Dunc n Dave
08-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Whatup Dnd? Where have YOU been?

Hey Killa! I've been lurking awhile. Posting once a month or so. No time to play with the trolls anymore.
Real bball talk is rare on this board nowadays.