PDA

View Full Version : Tarantino: The Hateful Eight

Pauly D
08-12-2015, 03:16 PM
gnRbXn4-Yis

Probably gonna be pretty entertaining but probably a lot of cool ideas wasted cause Tarantino wants to go the hacky, Robert Rodriguez rout. Once that chick stuck her tongue out & did that pose I was like "yep, typical post-Pulp Fiction Tarantino." I'm basing this on Inglorious Bastards and Django

SpursforSix
08-12-2015, 03:18 PM
gnRbXn4-Yis

Probably gonna be pretty entertaining but probably a lot of cool ideas wasted cause Tarantino wants to go the hacky, Robert Rodriguez rout. Once that chick stuck her tongue out & did that pose I was like "yep, typical post-Pulp Fiction Tarantino." I'm basing this on Inglorious Bastards and Django

Exactly the same point that I rolled my eyes. Was watching the trailer expecting something to give it away. Oh well..as you said, it should still be entertaining.

Pauly D
08-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Tarantino has been the greatest director at getting a great movie going and fucking kicking the legs right out from underneath it every 15 min or so with a stupid fucking line or action. Just make an actual badass movie like in the 90s for fuck's sake

Infinite_limit
08-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Black Cowboy?

Get the fk outta here. Tarantino has turned into a cuckolding phaggot. Sucking jew dick in inglorious bastards and purple dick in django

SpursforSix
08-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Tarantino has been the greatest director at getting a great movie going and fucking kicking the legs right out from underneath it every 15 min or so with a stupid fucking line or action. Just make an actual badass movie like in the 90s for fuck's sake

I'm still pissed about From Dusk Til' Dawn. Good story, music, and dialog. Then out of nowhere, all the vampire shit. When it was over, we all looked at each other like, what...the...fuck.

DPG21920
08-13-2015, 12:13 AM
Django was one of my favorite movies of the past few years.

Infinite_limit
08-13-2015, 12:16 AM
My favorite part was the 100 Whites killed in the first hour while Blacks marched around like some killing machine

Chris
08-13-2015, 12:46 AM
Cast looks excellent

Pauly D
08-13-2015, 02:57 AM

are you being serious?

My favorite part was the 100 Whites killed in the first hour while Blacks marched around like some killing machine

To be fair at least it had some really funny parts. Inglorious Bastards just pisses me off how much he threw away so much potential

Cast looks excellent

Cast looks completely average. What are you talking about?

Thread
08-13-2015, 03:01 AM

I'll just bet it was.

Xevious
08-13-2015, 04:52 AM
I've pretty much hated Tarantino since the Kill Bill movies. His all style, no substance worked perfectly in Pulp Fiction... now it's just annoying and intrusive. I'm constantly being taken out of his films by some line of dialogue, some piece of music, an inconsistent action sequence, or something else that screams "this is a Tarantino movie!"

JoeTait75
08-13-2015, 06:23 AM
Waaaaaay over Tarantino.

redzero
08-13-2015, 06:50 AM
Tarantula is in peak form right now. I definitely will see this in theaters.

DPG21920
08-13-2015, 09:45 AM
are you being serious?

To be fair at least it had some really funny parts. Inglorious Bastards just pisses me off how much he threw away so much potential

Cast looks completely average. What are you talking about?

100% serious. Incredible movie.

DD
08-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Nice to see Michael Madsen rebound from Piranhaconda

SpursforSix
08-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Nice to see Michael Madsen rebound from Piranhaconda

how low have you sunk when you're trying to capitalize on campy monster flicks and Sharknado 3 just came out. But you're in Piranhaconda.

JoeTait75
08-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Michael Madsen has done a lot of B-movie schlock in his career. What I like was that he played the dad in Free Willy: "Hey, you know who would make a great dad in this kid's movie? The guy who plays a violent sadist in every other movie he's been in!"

SpursforSix
08-13-2015, 11:02 AM
Michael Madsen has done a lot of B-movie schlock in his career. What I like was that he played the dad in Free Willy: "Hey, you know who would make a great dad in this kid's movie? The guy who plays a violent sadist in every other movie he's been in!"

From his IMDB list, it doesn't look like he turns down any work.

Thread
08-13-2015, 11:02 AM
I've pretty much hated Tarantino since the Kill Bill movies. His all style, no substance worked perfectly in Pulp Fiction... now it's just annoying and intrusive. I'm constantly being taken out of his films by some line of dialogue, some piece of music, an inconsistent action sequence, or something else that screams "this is a Tarantino movie!"

That's it in a nutshell.

His clarity on "True Romance" was astounding & has never been located again. It's a waste & shame.

Infinite_limit
08-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Tarantino admits to being a revisionist.

It feeds the ignorant who think Jamie Foxx's ABSURD character had a grain of truth to him.

If you take it as a slap stick comedy, then fine. If you take pride in his Nazi killing jew or Slave owner killing Black Cowboy: you are a fkn sad kunt

SpursforSix
08-13-2015, 02:36 PM
That's it in a nutshell.

His clarity on "True Romance" was astounding & has never been located again. It's a waste & shame.

The director deserves just as much credit. Unbelievable cast used to perfection. Still my favorite Gary Oldman role.

Thread
08-13-2015, 03:22 PM
The director deserves just as much credit. Unbelievable cast used to perfection. Still my favorite Gary Oldman role.

Yes, but, the script is superb, without flaw. The sequences twixt Alabama and Clarence (before California) &&& father & son are genius. It was easy for Hopper, very difficult for Slater. To raise the mother/wife's specter into the film gravels one to bear witness to it 20+ years after. That he could not OR would not duplicate it---reinforces it's perfection.

ChumpDumper
08-13-2015, 03:38 PM
Tarantino admits to being a revisionist.

It feeds the ignorant who think Jamie Foxx's ABSURD character had a grain of truth to him.

If you take it as a slap stick comedy, then fine. If you take pride in his Nazi killing jew or Slave owner killing Black Cowboy: you are a fkn sad kuntlol salty fascist

Chris
08-13-2015, 03:46 PM
I'm assuming most of the posters in this thread prefer Michael Bay movies; Tarantino is a legend. Only thing I haven't checked was his rolling thunder stuff

SpursforSix
08-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Yes, but, the script is superb, without flaw. The sequences twixt Alabama and Clarence (before California) &&& father & son are genius. It was easy for Hopper, very difficult for Slater. To raise the mother/wife's specter into the film gravels one to bear witness to it 20+ years after. That he could not OR would not duplicate it---reinforces it's perfection.

No doubt. And the dialogue between Walken and Hopper. But the director played it to perfection taking those lines and adding an additional serving of tension.
Also getting glimpses of both Sizemore and Gandolfini in early tough guy roles.

Pauly D
08-13-2015, 04:00 PM
I'm assuming most of the posters in this thread prefer Michael Bay movies; Tarantino is a legend. Only thing I haven't checked was his rolling thunder stuff

Why in the hell would you assume that? Easy with the "legend" comment. Reservoir Dogs was awesome and Pulp Fiction is incredible, but legend is reserved for people like David Lean, Kubrick, Scorsese, Spielberg, Coppola. Post Kill Bill Tarantino is for the mindless masses that think scenes like the one I mention in the OP are funny. Btw, Bay sucks but at least he's not trying to be something he's not. Tarantino COULD'VE been a legend

Thread
08-13-2015, 05:08 PM
No doubt. And the dialogue between Walken and Hopper. But the director played it to perfection taking those lines and adding an additional serving of tension.
Also getting glimpses of both Sizemore and Gandolfini in early tough guy roles.

Specially Sizemore...Penn tries to keep up, but, he struggles when in Sizemore's "presence." Separated---he's more effective. Sizemore, at prime is a difficult actor to eclipse,,,he eclipses "you."...whether it's on the bridge with Hanks in "Pvt. Ryan" or, when DeNiro does the roll call in "Heat."

SpursforSix
08-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Specially Sizemore...Penn tries to keep up, but, he struggles when in Sizemore's "presence." Separated---he's more effective. Sizemore, at prime is a difficult actor to eclipse,,,he eclipses "you."...whether it's on the bridge with Hanks in "Pvt. Ryan" or, when DeNiro does the roll call in "Heat."

Exactly and especially in Heat. Too bad he lived too fast. Of course, that's the persona he captured with his characters. Can't separate the two.

Thread
08-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Exactly and especially in Heat. Too bad he lived too fast. Of course, that's the persona he captured with his characters. Can't separate the two.

Yep, him stepping out with the shotgun at the drive-in, him trudging across the street in the shootout,,,then careening about as Pacino stalks & cuts him off never fails to raise the hair.

He done good.

Chris
08-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Why in the hell would you assume that? Easy with the "legend" comment. Reservoir Dogs was awesome and Pulp Fiction is incredible, but legend is reserved for people like David Lean, Kubrick, Scorsese, Spielberg, Coppola. Post Kill Bill Tarantino is for the mindless masses that think scenes like the one I mention in the OP are funny. Btw, Bay sucks but at least he's not trying to be something he's not. Tarantino COULD'VE been a legend

You're forgetting a lot of great movies -Deathproof, Jackie Brown, 4 Rooms, Natural Born Killers, already mentioned True Romance arguably Christian Slaters best film with Gary Oldman as a pimp. Tarantino is a certified legend and icon of his generation imo

Thread
08-13-2015, 09:03 PM
You're forgetting a lot of great movies -Deathproof, Jackie Brown, 4 Rooms, Natural Born Killers, already mentioned True Romance arguably Christian Slaters best film with Gary Oldman as a pimp. Tarantino is a certified legend and icon of his generation imo

The only one serviceable is "Brown" & it stutters for a good portion.

There is a lot of symbolism since T landed,,,upon gross examination very little substance since the landing.

Chris
08-13-2015, 09:29 PM
The only one serviceable is "Brown" & it stutters for a good portion.

There is a lot of symbolism since T landed,,,upon gross examination very little substance since the landing.

He's not Rob Reiner; he makes action movies. He's able to adapt it to any setting or genre he chooses -sci-fi, western, drama, comedy, tragedy- with ease and his ear for music and eye for talent is quite remarkable. You're selling him short.

DPG21920
08-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Thread is just a miserable dude. PERIOD. His life goal is to complain and nitpick.

Pauly D
08-13-2015, 09:45 PM

Deathproof is exactly what I was talking about when I said the "hacky Robert Rodriguez rout." It's fucking stupid. All those otgers are average at best.

He's not Rob Reiner; he makes action movies. He's able to adapt it to any setting or genre he chooses -sci-fi, western, drama, comedy, tragedy- with ease and his ear for music and eye for talent is quite remarkable. You're selling him short.

By "adapt" you mean turn into a complete mess with cheap humor because AHAHAHA IT'S SO SILLY AND QUIRKY!!!!

JoeTait75
08-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Kurt Russell was the only thing that made "Deathproof" remotely watchable, imo. I preferred Robert Rodriguez's half of Grindstone, which isn't good given what I think of his body of work. :lol

Jackie Brown is easily my favorite QT movie... maybe because it's the least QT-like of his movies.

SpursforSix
08-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Jackie Brown is very good.

JoeTait75
08-13-2015, 09:59 PM

Maybe because most actors just act crazy while Sizemore really is. That guy is a lunatic for real.

SpursforSix
08-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Maybe because most actors just act crazy while Sizemore really is. That guy is a lunatic for real.

Exactly. He's one of those people where things seem like they can get haywire really fast. He's Mr. Pink but doesn't have to act to get there.

redzero
08-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Fuck it, why not:
Pulp Fiction
Django Unchained
Inglorious Basterds
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill 1
Kill Bill 2
Jackie Brown
Deathproof

Pauly D
08-13-2015, 11:04 PM
Fuck it, why not:
Pulp Fiction
Django Unchained
Inglorious Basterds
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill 1
Kill Bill 2
Jackie Brown
Deathproof

Pulp Fiction > Reservoir Dogs

And then the rest way down here

Kill Bill 1 > Jackie Brown > Kill Bill 2 >>> Django > Inglorious Bastards >>>>>>>>>> lol whatever that shitfest double feature thing he made with Robert Rodriguez is called

Django would join it on the end if it didn't have some seriously funny parts

DPG21920
08-13-2015, 11:27 PM
For any flaws it may have, Django was an amazing movie. In all aspects (acting, script, sets, humor, etc..). It was definitely a great movie.

Thread
08-14-2015, 12:09 AM
For any flaws it may have, Django was an amazing movie. In all aspects (acting, script, sets, humor, etc..). It was definitely a great movie.

Frankly, Deeps, I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with it. Fuckin' junk, pitter-pattered around the Ratings till it was incomprehensible. A mish-mash of what could have been, but, wasn't.

Infinite_limit
08-14-2015, 12:27 AM
Except for the whole Jamie Foxy would have been killed 5 minutes into "the story" historically

The German guy siding with Fox in the Bar. Laughable. Town would have murdered them both. He'll find a way to trash Germans in this new Black Cowboy film.

You guys aware Tarantino's mother was a 70's drug whore. Guy is basically a mental cuckold. Black Cowboys Bro!!!

Infinite_limit
08-14-2015, 01:18 AM
"TARANTINO: Yeah, well, it was just yeah, it was just, you know, it was the ’70s so it was, you know, I lived with these three hip ladies all going out on dates all the time and dating football players and basketball players and, you know, my mother…"

https://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/84085-seinfeld-shudder-cringe-gif-im-zgoa.gif

Thread
08-14-2015, 05:02 AM
Thread is just a miserable dude. PERIOD. His life goal is to complain and nitpick.

Horseshit.

Oh, Gee!!
08-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Black Cowboy?

Get the fk outta here. Tarantino has turned into a cuckolding phaggot. Sucking jew dick in inglorious bastards and purple dick in django

Black cowboys are part of American history.

Xevious
08-16-2015, 08:53 AM
The cowboy was one of America's first equal opportunity jobs.

Pauly D
12-17-2015, 02:19 AM
I just found out this movie is 3 hrs long and I went from never caring to see it to now looking forward to seeing it. Disregard my OP

TrainOfThought5
12-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Lol complaining about how the movie wasnt historically accurate, then upset when they show black cowboys.

TrainOfThought5
12-17-2015, 09:53 AM
I just found out this movie is 3 hrs long and I went from never caring to see it to now looking forward to seeing it. Disregard my OP

Why does that matter?

Thread
12-17-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm goin' Xmas morning with my son. I'm gonna take a throw pillow and snooze if it's not going to work out.

Pauly D
12-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Why does that matter?

Cause I fucking love long ass movies and I cant fucking stand people who bitch about it as if they don't watch 3-4 hr sporting events at least once a week. Longer movies have more of a sense of journey to me

Chinook
12-17-2015, 11:15 AM
My main issue with Django is that they said the 'D' was silent. The 'e' in "give" is silent. The 'D' in "Django" is very much articulated. There's a reason why linguists decided to spell it that way when transcribing.

AlexJones
12-17-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm goin' Xmas morning with my son. I'm gonna take a throw pillow and snooze if it's not going to work out.

Tarantino is a hack, fam.

Thread
12-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Tarantino is a hack, fam.

I agree. The only purity with his association I can unequivocally cite is "True Romance."

AlexJones
12-17-2015, 03:24 PM
I agree. The only purity with his association I can unequivocally cite is "True Romance."
Don't know how he did it, but he managed to make a career out of ripping off other people's work, writing expository dialogue up the ass and getting lucky with the performances of his actors.

HI-FI
12-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Somewhat stoked, mainly just want to see the 70mm presentation. Austin fortunately will have two screens.

Kurt Russell was the only thing that made "Deathproof" remotely watchable, imo. I preferred Robert Rodriguez's half of Grindstone, which isn't good given what I think of his body of work. :lol

Jackie Brown is easily my favorite QT movie... maybe because it's the least QT-like of his movies.
I actually like Deathproof (never seen the directors cut with more bitches talking though). It's not great or maybe even good but it worked for me. Russell is great per par and it felt more like a true grind house film than Planet Terror to me. I think Kill Bill is my least favorite.
Agree about Jackie Brown, saw it only once in theaters, watched it again and it's much better than I remember. QT should adapt more instead of just repeating himself imo.

Thread
12-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Somewhat stoked, mainly just want to see the 70mm presentation. Austin fortunately will have two screens.

I actually like Deathproof (never seen the directors cut with more bitches talking though). It's not great or maybe even good but it worked for me. Russell is great per par and it felt more like a true grind house film than Planet Terror to me. I think Kill Bill is my least favorite.
Agree about Jackie Brown, saw it only once in theaters, watched it again and it's much better than I remember. QT should adapt more instead of just repeating himself imo.

He's a very frustrating creator whether with pen, or, camera. These films leave at least this audience with great frustration & depression. I hate these feelings about film. Only "True Romance" satisfies to the end, though "Brown" loiters my fancy.

HI-FI
12-19-2015, 01:51 AM
He's a very frustrating creator whether with pen, or, camera. These films leave at least this audience with great frustration & depression. I hate these feelings about film. Only "True Romance" satisfies to the end, though "Brown" loiters my fancy.
Tony Scott (rip) deserves a lot of credit for True Romance as well, the look and energy is his style. Iirc Scott also changed the ending and I think it's better for it.

DMX7
12-19-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm really looking forward to this movie. I'm going to watch the 70MM roadshow version. I heard there is even going to be an intermission in it. That's old school.

RGMCSE
12-21-2015, 01:30 PM
The movie dragged on. It does keep you wondering what will happen next but then it underwhelms. Lot of great actors but it seemed they couldn't make it more intriguing. I give it 2 and a half jalapeños.

DMX7
12-23-2015, 06:23 PM
The movie dragged on. It does keep you wondering what will happen next but then it underwhelms. Lot of great actors but it seemed they couldn't make it more intriguing. I give it 2 and a half jalapeños.

How did you see it? The 70MM version hasn't even been release yet.

pgardn
12-23-2015, 06:52 PM
Great characters in Basterds.

I really enjoyed a number of different scenes. The Germans in the ditch with the Bear Jew was stellar. Aldo was fantastic, " come back to give y'all a whet fer"

ChumpDumper
12-23-2015, 07:02 PM
I don't give too much of a shit about this movie except for the 70mm print. May check it out next week.

Thread
12-23-2015, 07:39 PM
Great characters in Basterds.

I really enjoyed a number of different scenes. The Germans in the ditch with the Bear Jew was stellar. Aldo was fantastic, " come back to give y'all a whet fer"

I hate that fuckin' pos movie. And you lodge a stupid ass part. The German "GI" was the greatest fighting man ever created. Lumping him into the SS/Gestapo is convenient, but, wholly inaccurate & completely safe...a lazy man's tact.

pgardn
12-23-2015, 07:59 PM
I hate that fuckin' pos movie. And you lodge a stupid ass part. The German "GI" was the greatest fighting man ever created. Lumping him into the SS/Gestapo is convenient, but, wholly inaccurate & completely safe...a lazy man's tact.

You Fckn take facts way too seriously old guy.
This was not a documentary dumb fuck.

The Hitler stuff was not so good. But the individual scenes were masterful. The game in the bar. The French milkman getting broken down . Excellent stuff in pieces. The two killers on either side trying to make a name for themselves...

At one time I thought you might contain a primitive nerve net, now, merely a sea sponge.

Reck
12-23-2015, 08:34 PM
How did you see it? The 70MM version hasn't even been release yet.

I, too saw it a couple of nights ago.

There is a screener on the net you can download. DVD Quality.

Actually a group of hackers or whatever you call those people who managed to get these screeners sent to the media to review the movies managed to get like 40 of these screeners, including this one, The Revenant, Legend and a bunch more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/3xp79g/consistently_updated_dvd_screener_list_includes/

Thread
12-23-2015, 09:17 PM
You Fckn take facts way too seriously old guy.
This was not a documentary dumb fuck.

The Hitler stuff was not so good. But the individual scenes were masterful. The game in the bar. The French milkman getting broken down . Excellent stuff in pieces. The two killers on either side trying to make a name for themselves...

At one time I thought you might contain a primitive nerve net, now, merely a sea sponge.

It's too easy. Want to make a quick buck? Say "Hitler" --- or, make a movie depicting Germany in WWII. Say anything you want. No one will call you on it. If they do "you" haul out the antisemitism card. I ain't no sheeple. I know what's goin' on. And when I ain't in the Reading Room I'm checkin' assholes.

And the ditch scene was&is a disgrace and an insult to the German people and their soldiers.

DMX7
12-23-2015, 09:38 PM
I, too saw it a couple of nights ago.

There is a screener on the net you can download. DVD Quality.

Actually a group of hackers or whatever you call those people who managed to get these screeners sent to the media to review the movies managed to get like 40 of these screeners, including this one, The Revenant, Legend and a bunch more.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/3xp79g/consistently_updated_dvd_screener_list_includes/

Even if it is slow, seeing it in 70MM has still got to be a totally different experience than seeing it in DVD quality (480p) on your computer. I'm still looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Reck
12-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Even if it is slow, seeing it in 70MM has still got to be a totally different experience than seeing it in DVD quality (480p) on your computer. I'm still looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Looked good enough in my 42 HD TV. :lol

That's like saying the movie will look better in the theater along with an IMAX experience. Of course it will, what movie doesn't?

The good old, 35mm way is good enough for me.

DMX7
12-23-2015, 09:52 PM
Looked good enough in my 42 HD TV. :lol

That's like saying the movie will look better in the theater along with an IMAX experience. Of course it will, what movie doesn't?

The good old, 35mm way is good enough for me.
I can't watch anything in 480p anymore. Even 1080p isn't good enough for me. I'm ready for 4k blu-rays or at least more streaming 4K.

pgardn
12-23-2015, 09:56 PM
It's too easy. Want to make a quick buck? Say "Hitler" --- or, make a movie depicting Germany in WWII. Say anything you want. No one will call you on it. If they do "you" haul out the antisemitism card. I ain't no sheeple. I know what's goin' on. And when I ain't in the Reading Room I'm checkin' assholes.

And the ditch scene was&is a disgrace and an insult to the German people and their soldiers.

As I said it was individual scenes and yeah Hitler did not even need to be in it.

But now I gotta scorch your earth. The German soldier who was not all Nazi probably had an SS guy in his unit to see that everything went well. Hitler had problems with the avg. German soldier as he was not committed enough just like he distrusted some of his best military men. The SS guy in the bar was a fanatic and was ready to die as portrayed in the movie. And he did. The poor kid in the bar that just wanted back to his kid (GI) got killed due to the SS guy. Get your shit straight.

And none of them wanted to be associated with the Nazis AFTER the war so the mark on the forehead was a nice touch I must say. Read a get dem history book. The fanatic in the ditch got clubbed to death, the informer got marked. Good stuff. And that's not what's neat. It's Aldo (Pitt) and Christoph Waltz juxtaposed in making a name for themselves with the enemy. Good stuff in pieces, really good. Sorry you can't see straight thru your Iron Cross.

*cleans hands swiping back and forth, stupidity put to rest*

Thread
12-23-2015, 10:35 PM
As I said it was individual scenes and yeah Hitler did not even need to be in it.

But now I gotta scorch your earth. The German soldier who was not all Nazi probably had an SS guy in his unit to see that everything went well. Hitler had problems with the avg. German soldier as he was not committed enough just like he distrusted some of his best military men. The SS guy in the bar was a fanatic and was ready to die as portrayed in the movie. And he did. The poor kid in the bar that just wanted back to his kid (GI) got killed due to the SS guy. Get your shit straight.

And none of them wanted to be associated with the Nazis AFTER the war so the mark on the forehead was a nice touch I must say. Read a get dem history book. The fanatic in the ditch got clubbed to death, the informer got marked. Good stuff. And that's not what's neat. It's Aldo (Pitt) and Christoph Waltz juxtaposed in making a name for themselves with the enemy. Good stuff in pieces, really good. Sorry you can't see straight thru your Iron Cross.

*cleans hands swiping back and forth, stupidity put to rest*

You're being set up, pg, used, recruited, brain washed. The German soldier thought he was right. That God was on his side. He'd watched his family starve and die because of the lethal sanctions after WWI.

pgardn
12-23-2015, 10:55 PM
You're being set up, pg, used, recruited, brain washed. The German soldier thought he was right. That God was on his side. He'd watched his family starve and die because of the lethal sanctions after WWI.

Thats a huge generalization. The regular German army was on the whole antinazi as the Nazis did not show good discipline and rationale in taking over in the mid 30s. The people got swept up so the solider was caught in a tough spot. Poor and sick of war but energized by the masses. Sure the soilders and people thought they were mistreated by Versailles, but they did not go along as a whole with all the manifestations of being a Nazi. Many soilders/officers were sick and tired of war. The Nazi phenomenon is not unique to Germany, it could happen anywhere(Japan)

Anyways, specific scenes in that movie were fantastic. We could all agree with the OP on the way movies travel often disappoints. But individual scenes can be incredible and this movie had them. The Hitler BS and making him out to be a clown are indeed cheap and repetitive in movies. .. And why I don't often look at movies for the entirety of their structure mainly because they are too short. This is why we have books.

Its not like I think this is unique to the German soilders. I would have been one of them most likely in the same situation. I get that.

Over and out.

hehateme
12-24-2015, 01:38 AM
Just binge watched revenant and hateful 8. What a damn good week.

Reck
12-24-2015, 01:56 AM
Just binge watched revenant and hateful 8. What a damn good week.

:tu

Best way to spent 6 hours during the winter in your warm ass bedroom.

Biernutz
12-24-2015, 02:42 AM
We will see if the Police boycott of the movie will hurt it. Tarantino has not
backed off his criticism of police, In fact he has doubled down on it.

Thread
12-24-2015, 11:02 AM

Best way to spent 6 hours during the winter in your warm ass bedroom.

I might try the old 2 for 1 tomorrow morning and meander into the Revenant Room after I've hated on 8 for 4 hours. Oh, yeah.

UZER
12-24-2015, 05:39 PM
My main issue with Django is that they said the 'D' was silent. The 'e' in "give" is silent. The 'D' in "Django" is very much articulated. There's a reason why linguists decided to spell it that way when transcribing.

Ooooohhh, I thought it was supposed to be Dj ango because he's a DJ in the wild west.

Texas_Ranger
12-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Just watched it for the second time. The movie is slow but still, it's great. Now I just gotta wait till it comes to IMAX here so I can go see it on a bigscreen.

Thread
12-25-2015, 06:17 PM
LOTS OF SPOILERS!!!

What a miserable 3 hours. I'm sick of T beating his white self up to appease blacks. Christ, I'm proud to be white.

The white sucking the black cock. & the shadows of permissive homosexuality by T & Jackson stating his cock was gorged with blood.

& Tatum had no business in among that cast. That was not for him. I cringed every time he spoke.

& why couldn't the Lincoln letter be true? Can somebody explain why it had to be a lie?

& the 70MM. Please. My 1080 looks sharper.

Reck
12-26-2015, 04:07 AM
LOTS OF SPOILERS!!!

What a miserable 3 hours. I'm sick of T beating his white self up to appease blacks. Christ, I'm proud to be white.

The white sucking the black cock. & the shadows of permissive homosexuality by T & Jackson stating his cock was gorged with blood.

& Tatum had no business in among that cast. That was not for him. I cringed every time he spoke.

& why couldn't the Lincoln letter be true? Can somebody explain why it had to be a lie?

& the 70MM. Please. My 1080 looks sharper.

T. likes black cocks imo. That's why he always has Jackson in his movies.

I thought the movie was funny and the guy from Justified did a great job as the racist sheriff.

I'd watch it again but it's too long.

gambit1990
12-26-2015, 04:30 AM
didn't think it looked good. ended up worse than i thought it was gonna be. just seemed pointless. and that ending? reservoir dogs runs laps around this. i love tarantino but this movie is honestly one i could see myself telling people they don't have to bother to see.

granted, i'm still glad i saw it... since it's tarantino i would've seen it eventually. also, it was free and in that 70 mm shit or whatever. i liked the music.

not a huge django fan but it was better than this.

outside of the woman most of the other characters aren't that interesting imo. a lot of them die but the payoffs aren't that good cause you weren't reallly rooting for anyone cause most of the characters are assholes and/or racist.

DMC
12-28-2015, 06:10 AM
Django was a shitty movie.

QT is the Picasso of directors, turning out high volume of pretty films that only the self deluded arty faggots seem to appreciate.

DMX7
12-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Django was a shitty movie.

QT is the Picasso of directors, turning out high volume of pretty films that only the self deluded arty faggots seem to appreciate.

Django is the only Tarantino movie I haven't seen.

He's made only 8 films over 23 years which is hardly high volume. Also, they've almost all been received well critically and at the box office where it really counts.

Ginobilly
12-28-2015, 10:54 AM
Tried to see it but the movie was very boring and I fell asleep. QT has an Avante like obsession with blacks which gets annoying. Now the Revenant on the other hand was entertaining and had a lot of action(saw it dro'd out in my living room hidef and it was fucking amazing, it was like I was there during the battle scenes and bear attack). The revenant and martian were 2015's best films imho.

DMC
12-28-2015, 11:17 AM
Django is the only Tarantino movie I haven't seen.

He's made only 8 films over 23 years which is hardly high volume. Also, they've almost all been received well critically and at the box office where it really counts.
Well Picasso is received well critically and at the cash register. StIll overrated paintings if you ask me.

Thread
12-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Tried to see it but the movie was very boring and I fell asleep. QT has an Avante like obsession with blacks which gets annoying. Now the Revenant on the other hand was entertaining and had a lot of action(saw it dro'd out in my living room hidef and it was fucking amazing, it was like I was there during the battle scenes and bear attack). The revenant and martian were 2015's best films imho.

---SPOILERS---

I'm looking forward to going to see it this week. The original is a terrific movie. John Huston does a splendid job as the leader of the trappers. The boat they're pushing across the land is equipped with a small cannon mounted on the edge of boat which comes in mighty handy during the Indian attacks. The Huston character of course as Captain commands the firing of this weapon. His calmness under fire of the attack is sweet, waiting patiently while the cannon is reloaded then ordering it fire...."Fire" as the Indians are bearing down on them. And Richard Harris underplays his role which he rarely ever did. And there are flashbacks in the original that explain what his character is doing out there in the wilderness. Back in New England/civilization his beautiful young wife died in child birth, he's lost faith in God & man and has left hearth, home, son, and his (((understanding mother-in-law/can ya imagine it?))) to trap beaver & moose, bear & elk.

Ginobilly
12-28-2015, 01:07 PM
---SPOILERS---

I'm looking forward to going to see it this week. The original is a terrific movie. John Huston does a splendid job as the leader of the trappers. The boat they're pushing across the land is equipped with a small cannon mounted on the edge of boat which comes in mighty handy during the Indian attacks. The Huston character of course as Captain commands the firing of this weapon. His calmness under fire of the attack is sweet, waiting patiently while the cannon is reloaded then ordering it fire...."Fire" as the Indians are bearing down on them. And Richard Harris underplays his role which he rarely ever did. And there are flashbacks in the original that explain what his character is doing out there in the wilderness. Back in New England/civilization his beautiful young wife died in child birth, he's lost faith in God & man and has left hearth, home, son, and his (((understanding mother-in-law/can ya imagine it?))) to trap beaver & moose, bear & elk.

why wait till it comes out? You could stream it online for free in hi-def. Best Christmas present ever! Thanks Alejandro! Tom Hardy steels the show in this movie as he is unrecognizable. He looks like a complete deranged redneck psychopath with his crooked eye and scalped head. It's a brutal violent movie in the likes of Apocalypto/Braveheart, last of the Mohicans but not as good but close.

G-Nob
12-31-2015, 01:52 PM
Saw it last night. I thought it was terrific. QT proves time and time again, the strength of storytelling is the journey, not the destination. The constant tension of what you're afraid might happen next carries throughout the entire film. Could get Oscar for cinematography, too.

Thread
12-31-2015, 02:42 PM
Saw it last night. I thought it was terrific. QT proves time and time again, the strength of storytelling is the journey, not the destination. The constant tension of what you're afraid might happen next carries throughout the entire film. Could get Oscar for cinematography, too.

Yes, yes, yes,,,we get it. It's been said more times than 5-4 was.

chunticakes
01-01-2016, 05:37 AM
Yes, yes, yes,,,we get it. It's been said more times than 5-4 was.

Well I agree with you Cul, I thought it sucked.

The pace dragged.

ChumpDumper
01-06-2016, 02:35 AM
Liked it. 70mm wasn't a huge deal since it's more for color than anything imo, but appreciated the overall effect. Score was inspired though the more modern songs were sore thumbs. It's a Tarantino film with Tarantino actors, so you know what you're in for. The best winter killin' western is still McCabe & Mrs. Miller, but this was good stuff.

gameFACE
01-06-2016, 12:25 PM
I thought it was great. It could possibly have been a bit shorter but it kept my attention the whole time from good storytelling. Keeping most of the movie in the cabin worked well. Not as good as Basterds but way better than Django, tbh. Didn't see anything that would have justified splurging on the 70mm version. The 35mm print was fine.

DMX7
01-06-2016, 04:11 PM
I thought it was great. It could possibly have been a bit shorter but it kept my attention the whole time from good storytelling. Keeping most of the movie in the cabin worked well. Not as good as Basterds but way better than Django, tbh. Didn't see anything that would have justified splurging on the 70mm version. The 35mm print was fine.

Are you sure you saw the 35MM print? I thought there was only a 70MM print and a digital (non-film) version. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, I saw the 70MM and loved it. It was worth the extra couple of bucks.

TDMVPDPOY
01-06-2016, 08:39 PM
but arent all tarintino movies has the same ending scene? where bad guys just spawn like crazy into the battle scene only to be killed by 1 guy?

Thread
01-06-2016, 09:05 PM
^Yep, and the movie always gets giddy as it gets close to this patented finish.

"Eight" is no exception......T is running just as fast as he can.

ChumpDumper
01-07-2016, 12:08 AM
Except that didn't happen.

gameFACE
01-07-2016, 12:30 AM
Are you sure you saw the 35MM print? I thought there was only a 70MM print and a digital (non-film) version. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, I saw the 70MM and loved it. It was worth the extra couple of bucks.

TBH, it was probably a digital version. There are two movie theaters in SA with 70mm projectors and I didn't go to either. From what I heard there were a few theaters around the country that had to spend $50-60K just to get retrofitted for the Christmas release.

redzero
01-07-2016, 06:48 AM
but arent all tarintino movies has the same ending scene? where bad guys just spawn like crazy into the battle scene only to be killed by 1 guy?

Django Unchained, Kill Bill Vol 1, and...

JamStone
01-08-2016, 12:36 PM
I didn't like it much at all. Beginning dragged on. Plot similarities to Resevoir Dogs so it just felt like a Western style version. A cast of characters get grouped together at some isolated, enclosed place where no one trusts anyone. And then they all kill each other. The end. RD was unique and innovative at the time. This seemed like a hack job by Tarantino. And true to his nature, all the "n-bomb" this, "n-bomb" that dialogue and then gratuitous violence and gore. The Bob face explosion felt like a From Dusk to Dawn caliber special effect.

Leigh was an abomination until the last 10 minutes of the film. I actually had higher expectations for Goggins and felt he underwhelmed with his performance. Jackson and Russell were about what I expected. Madsen was okay, but I thought he was under-utilized in the film so he didn't have much to work with. The best performance for me might have been the Mexican Bob guy. His character intrigued.

Overall, very unimpressed by the film. I'd say it's the worst film he's made, easily bottom 2 for me. It could have easily been closer to 2 hours as well.

DMX7
01-08-2016, 01:17 PM
I didn't like it much at all. Beginning dragged on. Plot similarities to Resevoir Dogs so it just felt like a Western style version. A cast of characters get grouped together at some isolated, enclosed place where no one trusts anyone. And then they all kill each other. The end. RD was unique and innovative at the time. This seemed like a hack job by Tarantino. And true to his nature, all the "n-bomb" this, "n-bomb" that dialogue and then gratuitous violence and gore. The Bob face explosion felt like a From Dusk to Dawn caliber special effect.

Leigh was an abomination until the last 10 minutes of the film. I actually had higher expectations for Goggins and felt he underwhelmed with his performance. Jackson and Russell were about what I expected. Madsen was okay, but I thought he was under-utilized in the film so he didn't have much to work with. The best performance for me might have been the Mexican Bob guy. His character intrigued.

Overall, very unimpressed by the film. I'd say it's the worst film he's made, easily bottom 2 for me. It could have easily been closer to 2 hours as well.

The Mexican was interesting. I agree the movie could have been shorter but I liked it. It was vintage QT.