PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: D'Angelo Russell's potential reminds me of Curry

RsxPiimp
08-13-2015, 04:40 PM
I remember Curry struggling in summer league games too, but a couple of things are undeniable. Talent, IQ and skill level are all right there.

I was lukewarm with Russell tbh, but I've seen enough in SL to know the kid has it. It's all a matter of putting it altogether and getting valuable expierience.

DLoading, Kobe, Clarkson, Big Roy and Randle are going to lead the Lakers in the playoffs this year.

Also, It's a short clip, but Russell eerily has the same half court tricks up his sleeve :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmCzB8kcCnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJi_jVKAGs

DMC
08-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Ergo everyone who struggles in the summer league is bound to be a superstar. Pinautism at it's finest.

K...
08-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Good thing he landed on a team with a solid coach, a stellar player development staff, and zero cancerous teammates. Bright days ahead for the Lakers.

Spurtacular
08-13-2015, 05:26 PM
They never post the vids of the thirty misses before the make....

Everyone wishing they could be Larry Bird. :lol

Splits
08-13-2015, 06:39 PM
:lol 20 turnovers to 10 assists against a bunch of hacks who can't even make a Euro team

D'Bust is dead weight

RsxPiimp
08-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Splits, bro, I get to live your life for a week (minus the cashflow) :lol man, that was sweet.

Splits
08-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Splits (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24583), bro, I get to live your life for a week (minus the cashflow) :lol man, that was sweet.

Hope you don't mind thin, young, college girls that will do anything you ask (sexually)

John Petrucci
08-13-2015, 11:54 PM
Good thing he landed on a team with a solid coach, a stellar player development staff, and zero cancerous teammates. Bright days ahead for the Lakers.

He's in the perfect situation indeed, but if this NBA thing somehow doesn't work out for him his skill-set seems a great match for the Harlem Globetrotters.

HemisfairArena
08-14-2015, 12:45 AM
Okafor

Splits
08-14-2015, 01:46 AM
He's in the perfect situation indeed, but if this NBA thing somehow doesn't work out for him his skill-set seems a great match for the Harlem Globetrotters.

Not sure about that, he looks really slow. He can't even get to the rim against D-League bigs on PnR switches...

Mal
08-14-2015, 03:32 AM
Lakers fans are getting their hopes high. Talking about playoffs and shit. :lmao

Thread
08-14-2015, 05:25 AM
Lakers fans are getting their hopes high. Talking about playoffs and shit. :lmao

You recovered from surrendering your 1st 5th to accomplish your 2nd 5th. Anything is possible.

daslicer
08-14-2015, 11:05 AM
Can't compare the two considering Curry is one of the greatest shooters of all time while Russell is not even close to that. I think Curry having a great jumpshot helped him during his first few years in the league as he tried to develop his game.

~O~
08-14-2015, 11:22 AM
He said the potential. Relax. What really needs addressing is whether he's a shooter and scorer. When I say shooter, I mean a guy who just shoots off the pass. Is he a scorer? A guy who can not only shoot but score dominantly in every facet of the game.

Right now, he's not even 1/5 of the player Curry is. Russell has yet to play an NBA game.

This is a man's league ..not a college league.

Raven
08-14-2015, 11:34 AM
i'd agree, if he didn't have very little potential, quickness, bad shooting, bad iq and terrible passing

ambchang
08-14-2015, 11:49 AM
I'd say D'Angelo Russell has a huge amount of potential, perhaps even exceeding Curry, Russell Westbrook, and even greats like Magic and the Big O.

How else will you explain a storied and well-ran franchise, which by any measure is at LEAST the 2nd best franchise in the history of the league, by-passing a transcendent talent like Okafor and picked him with the 2nd pick of the draft?

You are talking about a franchise who picked Worthy over Nique so that they get the perfect running mate with Magic, not to mention the Lakers actually getting that pick by trading away Don Ford a few years ago.

Or how the Lakers got Magic Johnson's draft rights when the Jazz signed Gail Goodrich.

Then there's Vlade Divac for Kobe Bryant.

This is a team with a history of spectacular draft moves.

Spur-Addict
08-14-2015, 11:50 AM
"Honestly Tracy McGrady might have been the GOAT!"

-D'Angelo Russell

Thread
08-14-2015, 12:30 PM
He said the potential. Relax.

tee, hee.

illmatic
08-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Except he can't hit a 3 to save his life OP. His 3 point % in Summer League was a blistering .118%.

Thread
08-14-2015, 06:15 PM
Except he can't hit a 3 to save his life OP. His 3 point % in Summer League was a blistering .118%.

You've nary room. You're populated by liars & clowns according to Dragic & Morris.

tee, hee.

Splits
08-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Bookmark this post: D'Bust will not have any team extending him an offer sheet for more than the league minimum when his rookie contract runs out in 2019.

He's going to bust out. Both Mudiay and Booker will have better careers. Book it.

illmatic
08-14-2015, 10:53 PM
You've nary room. You're populated by liars & clowns according to Dragic & Morris.

tee, hee.

Using the Morris twins and Goran Dragic as your authority on what's going on within the Suns organization is grasping for straws. You should mind your own house, you have a drunk and a coattail rider runnin' your organization.

HemisfairArena
08-14-2015, 11:48 PM
Russell and Randle,,,has any team had back to back top 10 lottery busts?

Thread
08-15-2015, 03:33 AM
Using the Morris twins and Goran Dragic as your authority on what's going on within the Suns organization is grasping for straws. You should mind your own house, you have a drunk and a coattail rider runnin' your organization.

Please. You thought the sun rose & set on Dragic,,,you thought you had the deal of the century on the Twins. They called you "liars" & "clowns" respectively. Live with that.

Mori Chu
08-15-2015, 11:07 AM

HemisfairArena
08-15-2015, 06:14 PM
Okafor

BD24
08-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Hey Mori, I sincerely hope you will be tracking Kobes fg % for us again this season. Was one of the best threads of the season last year, sure got Dales panties in a bunch with it.

Silver&Black
08-15-2015, 09:37 PM
Hey Mori, I sincerely hope you will be tracking Kobes fg % for us again this season. Was one of the best threads of the season last year, sure got Dales panties in a bunch with it.

You should have been here for the "Kobe All-Time Bricker Watch" thread....

Good times had by all tbh.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240111&highlight=watch

BD24
08-15-2015, 09:44 PM
You should have been here for the "Kobe All-Time Bricker Watch" thread....

Good times had by all tbh.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240111&highlight=watch
I was lurking for that one as well. Another great thread. I have been reading the forum for quite some time, they weren't approving accounts though, so just recently able to post since they were approving accounts a bit this summer.

buttsR4rebounding
08-16-2015, 10:39 AM
I'd say D'Angelo Russell has a huge amount of potential, perhaps even exceeding Curry, Russell Westbrook, and even greats like Magic and the Big O.

How else will you explain a storied and well-ran franchise, which by any measure is at LEAST the 2nd best franchise in the history of the league, by-passing a transcendent talent like Okafor and picked him with the 2nd pick of the draft?

You are talking about a franchise who picked Worthy over Nique so that they get the perfect running mate with Magic, not to mention the Lakers actually getting that pick by trading away Don Ford a few years ago.

Or how the Lakers got Magic Johnson's draft rights when the Jazz signed Gail Goodrich.

Then there's Vlade Divac for Kobe Bryant.

This is a team with a history of spectacular draft moves.

Jerry West

Mori Chu
08-16-2015, 12:26 PM

Word. ... If he even plays this year. In that case, his FG% would be .... .000

StrengthAndHonor
08-16-2015, 01:55 PM
I don't see "Superstar" potential in Russell. His skill set does not scream "transcendent" either. I don't believe he'll be in the Top 5 player conversation either.

I do believe he'll have a solid career, a perennial All Star. But most importantly, he'll bridge the gap in free agency to bring in talent again with the Lakers. That's going to be one of the few intangibles Russell will bring.

BD24
08-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Word. ... If he even plays this year. In that case, his FG% would be .... .000
Was reading through some threads on your suns forum. God those guys hate cub over there :lol

Mori Chu
08-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Was reading through some threads on your suns forum. God those guys hate cub over there :lol

It's a kind-hearted group.