PDA

View Full Version : Me-hi-co

DD
08-14-2015, 11:14 AM
In December I have a 3-week R&R--but only 12 of those days can be in the States, for tax purposes. This leaves a little over a week that I'll most likely spend south of the border to pass the time. Anybody know some good spots--preferably on the Baja Peninsula, if possible? I really don't want any part of tourist traps like Cancun, Cozumel, etc. Only real tourists spot I'm willing to entertain are Cabo or Puerto Vallarta. This'll be the front end of my vacay, so I honestly just want good food, whores, and drugs. Suggestions (not Tijuana) would be appreciated

hehateme
08-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Sure you don't want to take a fake trip to Jamaica with kool and then come back unexpectedly 3 days later?

SpursforSix
08-14-2015, 11:22 AM
In December I have a 3-week R&R--but only 12 of those days can be in the States, for tax purposes. This leaves a little over a week that I'll most likely spend south of the border to pass the time. Anybody know some good spots--preferably on the Baja Peninsula, if possible? I really don't want any part of tourist traps like Cancun, Cozumel, etc. Only real tourists spot I'm willing to entertain are Cabo or Puerto Vallarta. This'll be the front end of my vacay, so I honestly just want good food, whores, and drugs. Suggestions (not Tijuana) would be appreciated

Tell you where I'd go. Zihuatanejo. Mexico. Little place right on the Pacific. You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I'd like to finish out my life.. A warm place with no memory. Open a little hotel right on the beach. Buy some worthless old boat and fix it up like new. Take my guests out charter fishing.

spurraider21
08-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Tell you where I'd go. Zihuatanejo. Mexico. Little place right on the Pacific. You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I'd like to finish out my life.. A warm place with no memory. Open a little hotel right on the beach. Buy some worthless old boat and fix it up like new. Take my guests out charter fishing.

:lol first 40 sec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja0vDibLQW4

SpursforSix
08-14-2015, 12:25 PM
:lol first 40 sec

LOL. I seriously need to go back and start watching Family Guy.

TheSanityAnnex
08-14-2015, 04:00 PM

Hotel Coral in Ensenada. Was just down there a few weeks ago, really nice place a few miles outside of Ensenada. Stop by a restaurant called Calypso just north of Ensenada, it's across the street from the huge Jesus statue on the mountain over looking the surf break K38. Ask for the owner Jille (sounds like Shilly, French dude who owns it) Have a few drinks and chill with him for a while, you'll be able to find whatever you need if you know what I mean.

tlongII
08-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Cabo. Marina Fiesta all inclusive. Can't beat it.

DPG21920
08-14-2015, 04:30 PM
If you don't need a beach, San Miguel is beautiful, but probably not party enough for what you are looking for :lol

Playa del Carmen isn't a bad spot either.

illmatic
08-14-2015, 05:08 PM
If you don't need a beach, San Miguel is beautiful, but probably not party enough for what you are looking for :lol

I was just there in June..They are having issues with seaweed washing up on the shore which is making the water murky and leaving the beach smelling like shit. Otherwise, I'd recommend Playa also. If you go, don't use the ATM's there unless you have a chip in your debit card, ATM skimming is a real big issue there, come to think of it, it's a big issue in all the tourists traps in Mexico.

baseline bum
08-14-2015, 05:10 PM

There's always Boys Town.

ohmwrecker
08-14-2015, 05:35 PM
Oaxaca de Juarez is awesome. The food is great, the people are cool and it's on the Pacific coast.

Bender
08-14-2015, 06:30 PM
impressive that you keep track of days in/out for Form 2555, most people dont...

DMC
08-14-2015, 10:13 PM
Sure you don't want to take a fake trip to Jamaica with kool and then come back unexpectedly 3 days later?
And start 12 new threads right away as if you were exhaling?

Jamaica new thread? You bet I did!

Blake
08-14-2015, 11:32 PM
impressive that you keep track of days in/out for Form 2555, most people dont...

Is it really worth the effort?

The Reckoning
08-15-2015, 12:05 AM
Tulum

Bender
08-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Is it really worth the effort?
I wish most people did, since I prepare taxes...

DD
08-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Hotel Coral in Ensenada. Was just down there a few weeks ago, really nice place a few miles outside of Ensenada. Stop by a restaurant called Calypso just north of Ensenada, it's across the street from the huge Jesus statue on the mountain over looking the surf break K38. Ask for the owner Jille (sounds like Shilly, French dude who owns it) Have a few drinks and chill with him for a while, you'll be able to find whatever you need if you know what I mean.

Cabo. Marina Fiesta all inclusive. Can't beat it.

Oaxaca de Juarez is awesome. The food is great, the people are cool and it's on the Pacific coast.

Tulum
:tu
Appreciate the input, will look into all the above (with Cabo being my last choice just cause of tourist bs)

I wish most people did, since I prepare taxes...
I might have some questions for you in a month or so...I have by 10/15/15 to file

tlongII
08-15-2015, 12:58 PM
There's a reason for all that tourist bs. :tu

baseline bum
08-15-2015, 01:05 PM
I heard Culiacán is beautiful this time of year, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding blow tbh.

SnakeBoy
08-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Wife and I had a great time in Playa del Carmen years ago. Not too touristy but still nice. That was over a decade ago though.

Spur|n|Austin
08-17-2015, 01:53 PM
It's not on the Baja, but San Miguel de Allende is our go to spot to get away. Gorgeous town - has an old Spanish/Portuguese vibe to it and the people are some of the nicest in the world.