PDA

View Full Version : Aren't you glad we finally have a real offensive threat this season in lmALPHA?

Ignignokt
08-14-2015, 05:40 PM
I can't wait to see the offense flow through LMA. Kawhi like ginobilly and porker will have to humble himself and focus on his all star defensive talent to aid DA MAN.

TheGreatYacht
08-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Finally. :bobo

Spurtacular
08-14-2015, 05:58 PM
I like that this is probably the anti-as*aholic thread.

But I see it as a dichotomy between LMA and KL. It'll be 60-40 for one of them on any given night.

SAGirl
08-14-2015, 09:13 PM
:lobt2:
I was literally :lmao at this!!!!

lil'mo
08-14-2015, 09:20 PM
way more alpha (offensively) thank kawhi

admiralsnackbar
08-14-2015, 10:14 PM
I like that this is probably the anti-as*aholic thread. But I see it as a dichotomy between LMA and KL. It'll be 60-40 for one of them on any given night. Almost certain you're projecting expectations based on what you know of them as players without applying what you know about their coach.

Spurtacular
08-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Almost certain you're projecting expectations based on what you know of them as players without applying what you know about their coach.

Okay, you made a faulty premise that had no conclusion. Congrats. You're the king of posters.

admiralsnackbar
08-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Okay, you made a faulty premise that had no conclusion. Congrats. You're the king of posters. So you're saying that bringing up Pop (aka his current "summertime" philosophy) -- which dis-emphasizes plays drawn for marquee players in favor of open shots for anybody on the floor -- does not represent a conclusion? Thank goodness the world has you to warn it of my ineptitude. :lol

admiralsnackbar
08-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Way to keep it anti-as*holic up in heah, btw! :lol

Spurtacular
08-14-2015, 11:46 PM
So you're saying that bringing up Pop (aka his current "summertime" philosophy) -- which dis-emphasizes plays drawn for marquee players in favor of open shots for anybody on the floor -- does not represent a conclusion? Thank goodness the world has you to warn it of my ineptitude. :lol

No, I'm saying you're saying I don't consider Pop when I do. But yea, there was a conclusion in there. So, n/m on that one. I had misread.

But take your ineptitude speak and stuff it in your soc, apo. My body of posts speak for themselves.

admiralsnackbar
08-15-2015, 12:00 AM
No, I'm saying you're saying I don't consider Pop when I do. But yea, there was a conclusion in there. So, n/m on that one. I had misread. But take your ineptitude speak and stuff it in your soc, apo. My body of posts speak for themselves. Ok.

maverick1948
08-15-2015, 06:06 PM
Hmmmmm, does this mean we will be scoring 115.0 ppg? I doubt it will be much different than the previous 5 season, where we have finished in the TOP 7 each year. We have always had a good scoring team, but Pop pushed D, D, and NASTY.

I've been a Spurs fan since 1970's, and I can't think of a year there was no "real offensive threat" on the team. Thing is we now have 5 starters on this 2015-16 team that can score at any time. Plus we have a bench that can hold it's own against any starting team in the league and better their bench. How many teams can boast that the 5th option starter is one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league and a top level defender?

bic50
08-15-2015, 06:55 PM
:lol betas here want us to look like the Trailblazers. Whats the point in having all these weapons if you are only going to run offense through one? LMA came to the spurs to win a championship, offense went through him in portland and that didn't really work out. Now hes on better coached team with a more balanced offense, hes going to be one of the top dogs but not THE top dog.

Yuixafun
08-15-2015, 06:58 PM
D, D, and NASTY.

D y (spanish for and) Nasty

Dynasty ��

Yuixafun
08-15-2015, 07:03 PM
We're gonna exploit mismatches and sow confusion ad nasuem.

Spurs are loaded with answers to questions other teams haven't even thought to ask yet.

Spurs are ditching summer time and gonna leave the league in perma brainfreeze.

skulls138
08-15-2015, 07:12 PM
I can't wait to see the offense flow through LMA. Kawhi like ginobilly and porker will have to humble himself and focus on his all star defensive talent to aid DA MAN.

First he has to get on his knees and "humbly" kiss the rings

mingus
08-15-2015, 07:27 PM
Two things for me

The spacing that he provides (along with David West btw) on offense is what I'm looking forward to the most. Spurs will have 5 players on court at all times that can hit the 15-footer since all the bigs (Timmy, LA, DWest, BoBo) all have it in their arsenal. The offense assuming Parker can get back to 13-14 (he's still relatively young and won't be asked to do quite as much so I think there's a good chance he gets back to that efficiency) has a chance to be the best they've ever had.

otoh, we gotta be mindful not to shortchange Splitter. One of the best and most versatile big defenders in the league is now gone and the impact will be felt defensively. He was basically a big Bruce Bowen for us. Over the years he's had his way with some great post players (eg z-Bo, Griffin) when healthy of course (iow not last year).

It'll be interesting to see where their defense goes. No question the offense gets better but they still gotta b a top 5 defensive club.

Ignignokt
08-16-2015, 04:03 PM
:lol betas here want us to look like the Trailblazers. Whats the point in having all these weapons if you are only going to run offense through one? LMA came to the spurs to win a championship, offense went through him in portland and that didn't really work out. Now hes on better coached team with a more balanced offense, hes going to be one of the top dogs but not THE top dog.

Fuck of pinky ladyboy

bic50
08-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Fuck of pinky ladyboy
Why? Did I make too much sense?

apalisoc_9
08-16-2015, 04:10 PM
kawhi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adlirdge

Kawhi 5-0
08-16-2015, 10:01 PM
As long as Aldridge has the right attitude, we'll be fine. No room for prima donnas on this team. If his main focus is winning, then he'll take instruction and strive to mesh with the other talents on the team. Plenty of teams in the league have a (as in one) great player. Look how bad the Knicks were with Melo. A good number of teams have two great players (OKC, Sacramento, Portland before trade). It was pretty sad to see Lebron try and beat the Warriors by himself. It's bad basketball. It's too predictable. When I look at the Spurs roster I see a team. It will be nice to have a guy (Aldridge) who almost always has an offensive advantage. If he's clutch, then that could be indispensable. But think of all those years when Timmy was younger that the Spurs didn't win it all. Talent is only part of the equation. Offense is only half the game.