PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Starting To Wonder If D'Angelo Russell Will Have What It Takes

Koolaid_Man
08-16-2015, 07:05 AM
I have to admit about 2 weeks ago I started to wonder if this kid actually has the sauce....The summer league concerned me only from the standpoint of his draft position. Sure Steph Curry shot the same as Russell or even worse during his SL debut but then again he wasnt a 2nd pick in the draft and arguably the best player in the draft.

My biggest concern with Russell right now is that he thinks he's a pretty boy like Kool...:lol and doesnt really like to muck it up on the court...one thing for sure going back to his college and the Summer league is that he is a weak finisher at the rim....I mean really weak...doesnt have a floater either, or the explosive or lateral quickness....and I dont think he plays defense at all tbh.....so I'm having some doubts....however he does have his strengths...like passing and running an offense....he doesnt move like Curry without the ball and doesnt have a quick release like Curry either...so I would drop the Curry ccomparisons......he's more of a John Stockon type player..just good and decent all around but I havent seen that fire in his eyes or his game....he just passes and spots up,to shoot.....thats my early assessment we will see if it changes....

We , are all sleeping on Jordan Clarkson....now that kid is the real deal..I dont see in Russell what I see in Clarkson tbh.....Clarkson is gonna be a bonafide superstar if he keeps working like he has....tbh the jury is out on Russell....but I will let him play his first NBA game before I solidify this opinion.....

Just a heads up,from Kool and my extensive basketball knowledge, feel, and pedigree on these things...

Mark Celibate
08-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Lakers passed by Okafor to pick this dude :lmao

Koolaid_Man
08-16-2015, 07:38 AM

Shut your lil female ass up....Okafer is an even bigger ? Mark

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-16-2015, 08:52 AM

Thread
08-16-2015, 10:12 AM
The Summer of Kool...50 years ago:::little thin packet, easy tear across the top, no scissors necessa, grab the cold, ever empty plastic jug out of the Frigidaire, the frig I would imminently///accidentally poke a hole in one of the A/C tubes prying out the ice tray with a steak knife, empty the thin packet of grape Kool Aid into the jug, a slight dust up of fine grape granular rising in Ohio air, the canister of sugar, always lacking, now fully prepared. A cup? tee, hee, uh, uh, cup & 1/2, and a smidge more, good, clean unfiltered Cleveland water halfway up, a little less even, then grab the trusty steak knife and start prying out those metal ice trays stuck to the bottom of the freezer in 1/4" ice fields. No hiss that day, my aim was fortunate, all three trays came up, I pulled back vigorously on the frozen metal lever and each one answered summarily. Dump each tray in, set each tray aside for another Robinson to refill, then grab mother Robinson's wooden spoon and start a stirrin'. Ploughin' thru all that water, ice & sugar was no easy accomplishment and I'd rarely accomplish it. I'd stir enough to turn it all purple, then take up the knife, that gloriously thick wooden handled knife and poke one last time, that last tray, the one buried in a 1/2" deep ice field, still innately ignorant of the hiss that was coming, a year, maybe two, but, not that morning. School was out, and the last tray released, I jacked the lever, it jacked, I took the vast lion's share of the ice from it, left the remainder to melt in the tray, grabbed the light blue Tupperware tumbler, washed the dried purple ash from the bottom, tossed the ice in, poured from the pitcher and took a long, 3 second draw to quench my ravenous thirst. Never understood why it only made me thirstier, refilled the plastic tumbler, left the pitcher on the counter to cool in the heat & humidity and went to watch Monte Hall, Carol Merrill, & Let's Make A Deal in B&W.

The Summer of Kool

Koolaid_Man
08-16-2015, 11:31 AM
^ Thanks sir :lol Koolaid can be quite refreshing anytime...

Killakobe81
08-16-2015, 12:18 PM
I have to admit about 2 weeks ago I started to wonder if this kid actually has the sauce....The summer league concerned me only from the standpoint of his draft position. Sure Steph Curry shot the same as Russell or even worse during his SL debut but then again he wasnt a 2nd pick in the draft and arguably the best player in the draft.

My biggest concern with Russell right now is that he thinks he's a pretty boy like Kool...:lol and doesnt really like to muck it up on the court...one thing for sure going back to his college and the Summer league is that he is a weak finisher at the rim....I mean really weak...doesnt have a floater either, or the explosive or lateral quickness....and I dont think he plays defense at all tbh.....so I'm having some doubts....however he does have his strengths...like passing and running an offense....he doesnt move like Curry without the ball and doesnt have a quick release like Curry either...so I would drop the Curry ccomparisons......he's more of a John Stockon type player..just good and decent all around but I havent seen that fire in his eyes or his game....he just passes and spots up,to shoot.....thats my early assessment we will see if it changes....

We , are all sleeping on Jordan Clarkson....now that kid is the real deal..I dont see in Russell what I see in Clarkson tbh.....Clarkson is gonna be a bonafide superstar if he keeps working like he has....tbh the jury is out on Russell....but I will let him play his first NBA game before I solidify this opinion.....

Just a heads up,from Kool and my extensive basketball knowledge, feel, and pedigree on these things...

Relax. He doesn't have elite quickness but his vertical is legit and reaction times are elite .... Along with unique vision. Needs to develop a Parker or Conley style floaters but neither guy had what they havevnow as rookies. Calm down the expectations. Not worried about Oakafor the true regret is not getting Towns.

Mori Chu
08-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Hopefully D'AR can shoot better than ...

Koolaid_Man
08-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Relax. He doesn't have elite quickness but his vertical is legit and reaction times are elite .... Along with unique vision. Needs to develop a Parker or Conley style floaters but neither guy had what they havevnow as rookies. Calm down the expectations. Not worried about Oakafor the true regret is not getting Towns.

Verticle dont mean shit if you're a piss poor finisher at the rim....I want to see him getting by his man..remember a young Tony Parker..that lil sucker couldnt be stopped when he turned that corner and Parker was gonna finish at the rim...his blow bys game on the angles was unstoppable...I just dont see fire or more importantly real hustle in Russell..god I hope I'm wrong.....I see it Clarkson he went through summer league like a boss..like he didnt belong..if Clarkson had not been on our SL roster we would have been getting blown out by 40pts a night. lol seriously though...

I'm gonna be watching Russell.....I wanna see how he reacts to an elbow....I hope Kobe treats him like shit....toughen his pretty boy ass up....I really,want the best for him but he seems like he thinks he's the shit already....I want Lou Williams and nem to fuck him up..make his ass earn it...he thinks becsuse he was drafted 2nd that means something that dont mean a muthafucking thing once that ball goes up....

DPG21920
08-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Parker & Conley were both ahead of Russ in terms of finishing. . Plus both had way better athleticism. Not a good comparison.

Killakobe81
08-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Parker & Conley were both ahead of Russ in terms of finishing. . Plus both had way better athleticism. Not a good comparison.

What? Wasn't comparing them as athletes just as saying they need work as PGs as rookies and both developed floaters . I chose them for that and because neither are Chris Paul Stephen Curry type game changers but both are top level which I think is Russell ceiling those expectations are to high but if he is somewhere between prime Parker and Conley I 'll take it ...he doesn't have to be a carbon copy of either to be a high quality starter on a contender, Deeps

Buddy Mignon
08-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Verticle dont mean shit if you're a piss poor finisher at the rim....I want to see him getting by his man..remember a young Tony Parker..that lil sucker couldnt be stopped when he turned that corner and Parker was gonna finish at the rim...his blow bys game on the angles was unstoppable...I just dont see fire or more importantly real hustle in Russell..god I hope I'm wrong.....I see it Clarkson he went through summer league like a boss..like he didnt belong..if Clarkson had not been on our SL roster we would have been getting blown out by 40pts a night. lol seriously though...

I'm gonna be watching Russell.....I wanna see how he reacts to an elbow....I hope Kobe treats him like shit....toughen his pretty boy ass up....I really,want the best for him but he seems like he thinks he's the shit already....I want Lou Williams and nem to fuck him up..make his ass earn it...he thinks becsuse he was drafted 2nd that means something that dont mean a muthafucking thing once that ball goes up....

Lol... he on your shit list now because he slighted Kobe...lol. You a cold nigga. If he thinks that TMAC could even be in the conversation of GOAT then his talent evaluation is much worse than his shitty summer league performance. Clarkson is legit and teams will have to prepare for him because that kid gets to the rim like a young Tony Parker. The truth is Russell is going to find it difficult to find minutes now that Lou is on the squad. Lou will command at least 30 minutes at the point. Clarkson might get even more minutes than Lou. Russell will get the scraps, and if he starts pre-season like he did summer league he'll find himself in the D-league developing. Knowing that jackass Byron Scott... he'll start Russell just because. I heard him say he's being Bass off the bench which means he's starting Randle based on college reputation alone. Right now Scott envisions a lineup of this...

Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
Hibbert

Reserves will be Lou, Bass, and Swaggy, Black. I like that reserve core... proven offense. I could be wrong about Randle and I hope I am. He seems committed to putting in the work.

Koolaid_Man
08-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Lol... he on your shit list now because he slighted Kobe...lol. You a cold nigga. If he thinks that TMAC could even be in the conversation of GOAT then his talent evaluation is much worse than his shitty summer league performance. Clarkson is legit and teams will have to prepare for him because that kid gets to the rim like a young Tony Parker. The truth is Russell is going to find it difficult to find minutes now that Lou is on the squad. Lou will command at least 30 minutes at the point. Clarkson might get even more minutes than Lou. Russell will get the scraps, and if he starts pre-season like he did summer league he'll find himself in the D-league developing. Knowing that jackass Byron Scott... he'll start Russell just because. I heard him say he's being Bass off the bench which means he's starting Randle based on college reputation alone. Right now Scott envisions a lineup of this...

Russell
Clarkson
Kobe
Randle
Hibbert

Reserves will be Lou, Bass, and Swaggy, Black. I like that reserve core... proven offense. I could be wrong about Randle and I hope I am. He seems committed to putting in the work.

Lol naw Luva..I'm not trippin...I think his tweet was orchestrated anyway...but my take is legit on the basketball merits....he's currently the weakest guard on the team....needs some work...for some reason I get the impression his ass aint a hard worker....he seems like one of those cats that believe the hype about himself instead of puttin in the work....but we'll see...

ambchang
08-16-2015, 02:33 PM
:lol. Stockton doesn't have that fire in his eyes.
:lol ignoring stockton's crazy competitiveness, outside shooting, defense and hard work.

BD24
08-16-2015, 03:03 PM
:lol. Stockton doesn't have that fire in his eyes.
:lol ignoring stockton's crazy competitiveness, outside shooting, defense and hard work.
Glad I'm not the only one who caught that :lol.
Calling the all time assists leader "decent all around" :lol
But Kool is a great basketball mind :lol

HemisfairArena
08-16-2015, 08:32 PM
Okafor is the most NBA ready player in the draft and Laker fan wants to say he is a question mark or down play it,,,LMAO

Mnky
08-16-2015, 08:45 PM
Give the kid a chance. What ya got to lose?

Killakobe81
08-16-2015, 09:45 PM
Okafor is the most NBA ready player in the draft and Laker fan wants to say he is a question mark or down play it,,,LMAO

He probably is most ready but it would be dumb for a non contender to draft based on that he is more game ready than Towns should Minnesota passed on him too? we Ew"swung" for the high potential high risk guy. According to ESPN advanced stats he has the highest super star rating potential pre draft but also the highest bust potential ...I agree and don't mind a gamble since we suck anyways

HemisfairArena
08-16-2015, 09:54 PM
He probably is most ready but it would be dumb for a non contender to draft based on that he is more game ready than Towns should Minnesota passed on him too? we Ew"swung" for the high potential high risk guy. According to ESPN advanced stats he has the highest super star rating potential pre draft but also the highest bust potential ...I agree and don't mind a gamble since we suck anyways

Why would it be dumb? If your franchise is down,,,you go with the safe/solid pick and don't get cute with it. Okafor was the safe pick.

Killakobe81
08-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Why would it be dumb? If your franchise is down,,,you go with the safe/solid pick and don't get cute with it. Okafor was the safe pick.

Disagree ...you gamble when you have nothing to lose .. when you are close to a title you play it safe ...

Killakobe81
08-16-2015, 10:12 PM

You take the guy who long term will be the best player ...oakafor may win roty but twolves took who they think will be better long term same as Lakers ...I think they got best player in this draft Lakers better hope they at least got 2nd best ...

HemisfairArena
08-16-2015, 10:13 PM
Disagree ...you gamble when you have nothing to lose .. when you are close to a title you play it safe ...

But you have everything to lose,,you are the Lakers for Christ sakes,,,,they(Laker fan) don't pay for a gamble,,,they pay for results,,,,

Killakobe81
08-16-2015, 10:18 PM
But you have everything to lose,,you are the Lakers for Christ sakes,,,,they(Laker fan) don't pay for a gamble,,,they pay for results,,,,

Fuck common ass no stones impatient Lakers fans. ..Idgaf what they want.
I roll with real Lakers fans like Cube and his son ...

Splits
08-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Mudiay will have a better career than D'Bust. If Chaz didn't want Okafor and was intent on a guard, he should have traded down and taken Mudiay. D'Bust was a terrible selection at 2.

Buddy Mignon
08-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Mudiay will have a better career than D'Bust. If Chaz didn't want Okafor and was intent on a guard, he should have traded down and taken Mudiay. D'Bust was a terrible selection at 2.

Trade down, eh...

ambchang
08-17-2015, 07:16 AM

The problem so far is that it seemed the Lakers drafted a high risk, low potential guy. Where does D'Angelo project? Where does Okafor project?

Okafar, is expected to be a Zach Randolph like guy, which is pretty good. Not franchise changing, but pretty good. He had the high ceiling of a Kevin McHale role (really a stretch), and a floor of a Rony Seikaly.

What about D'Angelo? He is looking like a Walt Williams type of player without the athleticism, and that is being generous. His ceiling is what? MCW? Steve Smith? His floor is total and absolute bust, as in guard version of Olowakandi bust.

ambchang
08-17-2015, 07:18 AM
You take the guy who long term will be the best player ...oakafor may win roty but twolves took who they think will be better long term same as Lakers ...I think they got best player in this draft Lakers better hope they at least got 2nd best ...

I agree with this, because that's what happened during the Dwight/Okafor (coincidence) thing back in 2004. Dwight had way more potential, and Okafor was more NBA ready. Okafor won ROY, Dwight showed enormous potential. A decade later, Okafor is retired, Dwight is still playing as a top 10 or so talent in the league.

Problem for the Lakers though, they didn't draft Towns (Dwight), they drafted Russell (Ben Gordon at best, Rafael Araujo at worst)

Killakobe81
08-17-2015, 07:27 AM
I agree with this, because that's what happened during the Dwight/Okafor (coincidence) thing back in 2004. Dwight had way more potential, and Okafor was more NBA ready. Okafor won ROY, Dwight showed enormous potential. A decade later, Okafor is retired, Dwight is still playing as a top 10 or so talent in the league.

Problem for the Lakers though, they didn't draft Towns (Dwight), they drafted Russell (Ben Gordon at best, Rafael Araujo at worst)

Ben Gordon at best? Gtfo

ambchang
08-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Ben Gordon at best? Gtfo

Who do you have? Magic?

Killakobe81
08-17-2015, 09:13 AM
Who do you have? Magic?

I already said a Conley/Parker type impact ...is ceiling. I think floor is Jeremy Lin

RsxPiimp
08-17-2015, 09:48 AM
Who do you have? Magic?

Why don't you shut up and make me some wonton noodles and egg foo young :lol

ambchang
08-17-2015, 11:52 AM
I already said a Conley/Parker type impact ...is ceiling. I think floor is Jeremy Lin

Wow, you have pretty high hopes for him. I don't see D'Angelo having anywhere close to that level of athleticism. I am struggling to find a PG with below average quickness and a poor outside shot having any success in the modern day NBA. Conley and Parker are didn't have the outside shot, but both of them are/were exceptionally quick, even by NBA PG standards.

D'Angelo has size and vision on his side, and that is what the Spurs got with SloMo. I think D'Angelo is obviously better than SloMo, but this is the type of player you are looking at.

ambchang
08-17-2015, 11:56 AM
Why don't you shut up and make me some wonton noodles and egg foo young :lol

Who do you have? Really, what is D'AR's ceiling, his floor, and expected?

I have Steve Smith, total bust, and Walt Williams.

Killakobe81
08-17-2015, 09:52 PM
Wow, you have pretty high hopes for him. I don't see D'Angelo having anywhere close to that level of athleticism. I am struggling to find a PG with below average quickness and a poor outside shot having any success in the modern day NBA. Conley and Parker are didn't have the outside shot, but both of them are/were exceptionally quick, even by NBA PG standards.

D'Angelo has size and vision on his side, and that is what the Spurs got with SloMo. I think D'Angelo is obviously better than SloMo, but this is the type of player you are looking at.

never said he has that level of athleticism ...heck Nash, CP3 and Curry lack Parkeresque quickness for example and yet they are still effective. I said that type of ceiling in regards to impact. And who says he will alwys shoot what he shot in SL? You really need to calm down it's was 3 or 4 meaningless games.

ambchang
08-18-2015, 06:42 AM
never said he has that level of athleticism ...heck Nash, CP3 and Curry lack Parkeresque quickness for example and yet they are still effective. I said that type of ceiling in regards to impact. And who says he will alwys shoot what he shot in SL? You really need to calm down it's was 3 or 4 meaningless games.

Curry and Nash are/were two of the best shooters the league has ever seen, and CP3 is incredibly quick (reaction time wise).

And Dangelo shot poorly in a couple of meaningless games against nobodies. That's the concern.

Who knows, he may be able to turn into a second third option on a couple of championship teams, but I don't really see it.

BoricuaCJA
08-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Ambc, I'm a Spurs fan and even I get annoyed with your goalposts. You are a smart poster when you do talk basketball but not when you have an alternative motive when you post. I'm not necessarily saying in this thread specifically but what you've been doing in your last 6 "debates" or so.

ambchang
08-18-2015, 11:56 AM
Ambc, I'm a Spurs fan and even I get annoyed with your goalposts. You are a smart poster when you do talk basketball but not when you have an alternative motive when you post. I'm not necessarily saying in this thread specifically but what you've been doing in your last 6 "debates" or so.

Good to know I've been followed, but I am particularly interested in how my goalposts have moved.

I came into this thread saying that drafting for potential is more important than drafting by readiness (see Dwight vs. Okafor, and agreeing with KK81), but D'AR doesn't seem like the guy with potential.

I ended up saying he doesn't seem to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a championship team.

Where did the goalpost move?

And please extrapolate with the last 6 debates I had. i don't remember what I said and how they were contradictory.

Killakobe81
08-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Good to know I've been followed, but I am particularly interested in how my goalposts have moved.

I came into this thread saying that drafting for potential is more important than drafting by readiness (see Dwight vs. Okafor, and agreeing with KK81), but D'AR doesn't seem like the guy with potential.

I ended up saying he doesn't seem to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a championship team.

And please extrapolate with the last 6 debates I had. i don't remember what I said and how they were contradictory.

Oh, amb you are so cute when you play naive ... I agree with some of what he said ...but I'll leave you be. Nothing can be proved without some meaningful games and even then it may take longer some rookies are far from ready year one and DRussell is a young rook at that ...
I wont lie I will be watching him closely year one but if he is solid but not spectacular I still wouldnt write him off. If by next February (not this coming one) I dont see signs of potential stardom then I will have issues with the pick.

Knee jerk reactions are fool-hardy. For example, I think Vonleh still has potential but MJ traded him in for Kaminsky after one year (technically Batum was the trade asset but Jordan is gambling The Tank will be better than Noah and I think Vonleh has the better longterm future but Kaminsky probably more NBA ready even this year)

We will see. Maybe MJ saw enough in one year to know he will never be great or even good ... I just think some players take a while to develop like Nash did for example ...

Killakobe81
08-18-2015, 04:12 PM

Oh, amb you are so cute when you play naive ... I agree with some of what he said ...but I'll leave you be. Nothing can be proved without some meaningful games and even then it may take longer some rookies are far from ready year one and DRussell is a young rook at that ...
I wont lie I will be watching him closely year one but if he is solid but not spectacular I still wouldnt write him off. If by next February (not this coming one) I dont see signs of potential stardom then I will have issues with the pick.

Knee jerk reactions are fool-hardy. I think Vonleh still has potential but MJ traded him in for Kaminsky after one year (technically Batum was the trade asset but Jordan is gambling The Tank will be better than Noah and I think Vonleh has the better longterm future but Kaminsky probably more NBA ready even this year)

We will see. Maybe MJ saw enough in one year to know he will never be great or even good ... I just think some players take a while to develop like Nash did for example ...

08-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Parker and Conley had explosive quick first steps at 19. That's not something you develop later in life.. And to say he has a Tony Parker ceiling is laughable, unless you mean 2014-15 Parker.

ambchang
08-18-2015, 07:31 PM

Knee jerk reactions are fool-hardy. For example, I think Vonleh still has potential but MJ traded him in for Kaminsky after one year (technically Batum was the trade asset but Jordan is gambling The Tank will be better than Noah and I think Vonleh has the better longterm future but Kaminsky probably more NBA ready even this year)

I was serious, where did I move any goal post, perhaps you can show me. I try to stay as consistent in my arguments as I possibly can throughout the entire conversation, in each and every thread.

And I agree with you, we will have to watch some real games, but so far, it's tough to see him having an overly high ceiling. Perhaps the SL were an aberration, but he has so many flaws, especially for a PG, that it would be tough for him to overcome.

He was a great three point shooter in college, so I hope it was just a funk. It may just be him going into a bad streak, but it may be because he is struggling with getting clean looks because of his below average athleticism.

Also, I agree PGs need a few years to really develop, especially those who are not natural floor leaders. Happened with Payton, happened with Nash, happened with Kidd (to an extent), happened to Curry, happened to Stockton, happened to Billups, happened to Conley, happened to Parker. Maybe give him 3 years or so to see what he's made of, but the signs are not pointing to yes.

And yes, I will point to Kobe, it would be tough for D'AR to really run a team with Kobe looking over his shoulder and dominating the ball. If Kobe would give up the reigns a bit, it would help his development, but I am not holding my breath. he didn't do it for Shaq, MVPau, Dwight, D'AR has no chance.

Finally, wrt to Jordan, the guy is a horrible talent evaluator. Cho is the one doing the work.

BoricuaCJA
08-18-2015, 09:40 PM

I'm not saying in this post specifically but every time I've seen you post, it's always something against the Lakers and/or their players and I can tell you're just doing that to annoy them(that's the goal of the post). By the Last 6 or so debates, it's from when I come across. I don't particularly follow you but it's just what I come across when reading threads.

HemisfairArena
08-18-2015, 10:10 PM
Bori,,,posters are constantly moving the goal posts,,,I do it all the time. That's anonymous posting on a sports site at its finest,,,there is no integrity in this shit,,,,that's rule #1,,,

Killakobe81
08-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Parker and Conley had explosive quick first steps at 19. That's not something you develop later in life.. And to say he has a Tony Parker ceiling is laughable, unless you mean 2014-15 Parker.

Missed my point ...please see above. Never said he would develop a first step like those guys ...

spankadelphia
08-18-2015, 11:32 PM
FWIW it took Conley about 4 years to acclimate to the NBA. Only recently did he become a reliable volume 3 pt shooter. If Conley really was a better prospect out of college than this guy was, it's going to be a while before he makes an impact in the NBA. Not sure LA fans or the organization will be willing to show the kind of patience we showed Conley in his development. They'll run him out of town or trade him for scraps, only to be torched by him in the playoffs when he's 27.:lol

HemisfairArena
08-18-2015, 11:41 PM
Lakers don't know what they are doing, Spank,,,,that is fact. Their biggest claim to fame over the last 15 years in the draft is Andrew Bynum,,,,a guy no longer in the league,,,that the degenerate horse gambler wanted and overrode their supposidely great GM Kupcake,,,,When you take Russell over Okafor,,,it shows your lack of drafting talent. They took Russell to try and say look how savvy we are,,,when the rest of the world said,,,savvy? no,,,youre just stupid,

08-19-2015, 03:46 AM
Missed my point ...please see above. Never said he would develop a first step like those guys ...

What is the impact you're referring to? He can't shoot, he can't attack off the dribble. He can pass, but his bball IQ is questionable... He doesn't have much going for him to have an impact on even a lottery Lakers team. If LA doesn't run him out of town, maybe he can be a spot up shooter.

Koolaid_Man
08-19-2015, 06:32 AM
What is the impact you're referring to? He can't shoot, he can't attack off the dribble. He can pass, but his bball IQ is questionable... He doesn't have much going for him to have an impact on even a lottery Lakers team. If LA doesn't run him out of town, maybe he can be a spot up shooter.

Your takes are shittier than shit bro..you need to work on your analysis game

hater
08-19-2015, 08:14 AM
There's always next years lottery. Or the year after next faggot :lol

TDMVPDPOY
08-19-2015, 09:01 AM
if this clown cant even beat enrique...then all i can say is...draft busts

ambchang
08-19-2015, 09:18 AM
I'm not saying in this post specifically but every time I've seen you post, it's always something against the Lakers and/or their players and I can tell you're just doing that to annoy them(that's the goal of the post). By the Last 6 or so debates, it's from when I come across. I don't particularly follow you but it's just what I come across when reading threads.

Oh, so you meant the point of my post, not me moving goalposts. I am fine with that, but I make it a point not to move my goalposts. I try to stick to the subject as much as possible, and sometimes is led to other areas of debate, but I try to stick to my original positions.

As for the goals of my post, it's mostly to clarify. I just had a few post talking about the greatness of Jabbar, who is a Lakers/Bucks, I love Magic, think he's one of the GOATS, top 5 player all time for sure, likely top 3, I think Shaq is criminally underrated, though I do dislike him. I don't make it my mission to discredit any particular team or annoy any fanbases, but if points come across that is not accurate or misleading in my view, I will respond.

Can't help it that most of the ignorant fans on this board are Laker fans.

Killakobe81
08-19-2015, 11:09 AM
if this clown cant even beat enrique...then all i can say is...draft busts

He might not and as a #2 pick that would be a disappointment but Parker is a borderline HOF'er ... so no disgrace on being less than him ...

ambchang
08-19-2015, 11:13 AM
He might not and as a #2 pick that would be a disappointment but Parker is a borderline HOF'er ... so no disgrace on being less than him ...

Parker is a lock for HoF. His NBA credentials or his international resume, by themselves is borderline, but combining the two, and he's a lock.

May not be 1st ballot, but he will make it in a few tried.

08-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Your takes are shittier than shit bro..you need to work on your analysis game

Lol @ you critiquing anyone's takes

Roger Freemason Jr.
08-19-2015, 03:53 PM
Russell will be a good player. He won't be a defensive presence like Conley, or a surgical finisher like prime Parker, but he has the opportunity to be a better passer than both, and a much better shooter than both. If he can master the pick and roll, he'll live up to being the No.2 pick.

Splits
08-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Parker is a lock for HoF. His NBA credentials or his international resume, by themselves is borderline, but combining the two, and he's a lock.

May not be 1st ballot, but he will make it in a few tried.

Without a doubt. He was the starter on 4 championship teams and has a fMVP. He has more rings than all other starting NBA point guards COMBINED!

Spurtacular
08-19-2015, 09:09 PM

Mark Jackson comes to mind. D-Russ may be a top five passer from day one. If he can keep the ball moving and find guys on cuts and allow the offense not to stagnate too much, then he can have an impact.

Killakobe81
08-19-2015, 10:46 PM
Mark Jackson comes to mind. D-Russ may be a top five passer from day one. If he can keep the ball moving and find guys on cuts and allow the offense not to stagnate too much, then he can have an impact.

Andre Miller too. Heck even Rod strickland wasn't super quick ... quick probably a lot quicker than Druss but it was his handle and vision more than his quickness which he lost that allowed him to thrive ....

But Russ is quicker than both. And more athletic.

ambchang
08-20-2015, 07:55 AM

Andre Miller too. Heck even Rod strickland wasn't super quick ... quick probably a lot quicker than Druss but it was his handle and vision more than his quickness which he lost that allowed him to thrive ....

But Russ is quicker than both. And more athletic.

Both guys are old school players who starred in the 90s/early 2000s