PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been in the Arab Gulf before?

apalisoc_9
08-16-2015, 05:44 PM
I was there six months ago for two months and I don't know if people saw the same shit..

But none of their citizens work..every fucking employee was a Foreigner :lol.

Maybe that's an exaggeration, but how do these people expect to survive when foreigners decide to strike and go back to their country?

I was at a hospital and the doctors were North Africans, Whites...The nurses were Pinoys and the medical stuff were pinoys/Indian.

I did not see a single Gulf working there.

I was honestly shocked:lol

SpursforSix
08-16-2015, 06:57 PM
I was there six months ago for two months and I don't know if people saw the same shit..

But none of their citizens work..every fucking employee was a Foreigner :lol.

Maybe that's an exaggeration, but how do these people expect to survive when foreigners decide to strike and go back to their country?

I was at a hospital and the doctors were North Africans, Whites...The nurses were Pinoys and the medical stuff were pinoys/Indian.

I did not see a single Gulf working there.

I was honestly shocked:lol

The Saudis aRe hemmorhaging money right now. Their gamble to screw BugOil did not work and they are not able to keep their budget in the black as things are. Pretty soon, most. Arabians will have to start paving roads and learning how to fix small engines or translations of books on tape.

benefactor
08-16-2015, 07:33 PM
I believe DeadlyDynasty did a medical stint over there.

K...
08-16-2015, 09:19 PM
Which country? If it's Saudi just say it.

Also lol pinoys show some respect to your brothers bro

apalisoc_9
08-16-2015, 09:26 PM
It was the saudis yeah..

I have no idea how these people would survive when they run out of oil.. I don't doubt most of the gulf have a similar lazy lifestyle.

They're going down the shitter once the oil money runs out

Buddy Mignon
08-16-2015, 10:36 PM
It was the saudis yeah..

I have no idea how these people would survive when they run out of oil.. I don't doubt most of the gulf have a similar lazy lifestyle.

They're going down the shitter once the oil money runs out

The same way they survived before the oil. If you have land, water and people you have a built in economy.

apalisoc_9
08-16-2015, 11:15 PM
The same way they survived before the oil. If you have land, water and people you have a built in economy.

and what are they going to do with a bunch of uneducated people?

They don't have doctors, they don't have enginers, they don't have skilled worked..

How exactly are they going to build something that would sustain 33 million people?

They probably have 10 doctors max in the whole country...How are they going to treat the sick?

sandman
08-18-2015, 04:10 AM
I've made several trips into the region as part of my job. Saudi's don't have a monopoly on that attitude. Running joke told by expats:

Two ME's are arguing if sex with the wife is work or pleasure. After an hour of arguing back and forth, they turn to the Filipino houseboy and ask him. He immediately replies with pleasure. When they ask him why he is so sure, he says that if it was work, they would make him do it.

sandman
08-18-2015, 04:23 AM
and what are they going to do with a bunch of uneducated people?

They don't have doctors, they don't have enginers, they don't have skilled worked..

How exactly are they going to build something that would sustain 33 million people?

They probably have 10 doctors max in the whole country...How are they going to treat the sick?

The adult literacy rate (read and write) is at 95% in Saudi Arabia. 99% for men, 91% for women. They have over 1 million enrolled in University programs and have been considered one of the top 3 countries sending students to US universities.

While they may never be in competition with the Japanese from a work ethic perspective, they do value formal education. Any potential demise will not come from an uneducated workforce.

Slomo
08-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Lived and worked in the Gulf.

Why work if you're among the richest citizens in the world.

The oil and gas profits have gotten smaller recently, but to be honest nowhere near to catastrophic levels. Saudis, UAE, Qatar have also invested/purchased so much in the last decade when oil prices were high and the world was suffering from an economic crisis that I am not really worried about their welfare.

In terms of opportunities they are spoiled for choice (and yet quite uninterested) a lot of things you have to work/fight for in the west is available to them abundantly and cheaply (capital, high profile jobs, top education ...). So yeah, they don't work, not because they can't - but because they don't have to (and don't want to either).

The Saudis have social issues and have been quite bad at resolving them and that might cost them in the future, but the UAE and Qatar are quite good at managing the wealth distribution among their citizen and keeping everybody happy in their gilded Rolls Royces (pimped out Land Cruisers really).

DD
08-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Never been to Saudi Arabia, but Kuwait, Qatar, and UAE (in particular, Dubai) is pretty much all Indians and Filipinos in their workforce. Oman had a few locals working iirc...