PDA

View Full Version : Early Book Reommendation - Abomination - Fantasy Horror

SpursforSix
08-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Just started this last night. Great beginning and one of the few books I've read lately that gets me in from the from the first few pages.

It's early but I think I'm going to enjoy this one. The blurb doesn't do much for the book but the reviews pretty much hit the nail on the head.

http://www.amazon.com/Abomination-Gary-Whitta/dp/1941758339/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440004605&sr=8-1&keywords=abomination

He is England's greatest knight, the man who saved the life of Alfred the Great and an entire kingdom from a Viking invasion. But when he is called back into service to combat a plague of monstrous beasts known as abominations, he meets a fate worse than death and is condemned to a life of anguish, solitude, and remorse.

Review "Game of Thrones by way of H.P. Lovecraft." ―Cliff Bleszinski, creator of Gears of War

"A well-written debut that skillfully blends science fiction, historical fantasy, and spiritual themes...a tense, nail-biting ride." ―Publishers Weekly (starred review)

"Brutal, brilliant, and deeply compelling. An absolute must-read." ―Nerdist Podcast

"Abomination is truly fantastic. It's everything I loved about The Name of the Wind and so much more." ―Gale Anne Hurd, producer of The Terminator, Aliens, and The Walking Dead

"An epic blend of black magic, badass monsters, broadswords, and bloodshed." ―Nicole Perlman, cowriter of Guardians of the Galaxy

"Bloody, unapologetic fantasy―this is history twisted by the hands of a master storyteller." ―Chuck Wendig, author of Blackbirds and Zer0es

"Whitta has done an incredible job weaving together historical fiction, fantasy, and horror. This is a book that stays with you." ―Veronica Belmont, Sword & Laser podcast

"Dark. Scary. Magical. Monstrous. Abomination is my kind of wonderful." ―Adam Christopher, author of The Burning Dark

Avante
08-19-2015, 10:40 PM
Real talk.

If you are into sword & sorcery/fantasy/horror and want a must read list I can provide that.