PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Says He Wants To Be An All-Star and Win a Regular Season MVP

Pages : [1] 2

spurraider21
08-19-2015, 02:37 PM
“I think being in San Antonio has helped a lot,” said Leonard. “Coming to a team like the Spurs, you’re automatically going to learn how to play the game the right way.

“Winning just rubs off on you, once you see Manu (Ginobili), Tony (Parker) and Tim (Duncan) wanting to win every game.”

Now that’s he’s reached a new plateau professionally, Leonard says he’s ready to make another big leap.

“I want to to be an (NBA) all-star and MVP of the regular season,” said Leonard. “I’m trying to be one of the greatest players so whatever level that consists of is where I want to take my game.”

http://www.pe.com/articles/leonard-777433-nba-player.html?page=2

apalisoc_9
08-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Like I said, Kawhi is going to be a season MVP in the next 1-4 years.

kobyz
08-19-2015, 03:03 PM
I rather he not gives media statements and keep being himself and only do the talks on the court...

dabom
08-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Words from a champion. :lobt2:

apalisoc_9
08-19-2015, 03:11 PM
Kawhi during his rookie season...

I wanna be a superstar. Kawhi now = Superstar.

The Kid does what he says.

TheGreatYacht
08-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Faggotry ruining another good thread smh.

T_L_P
08-19-2015, 03:23 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Kawhi mention Manu before (not that he talks a lot anyway).

I'm sure they're cool and Manu tutors him, but you don't really see them interact like you do Tim/Kawhi either.

LongtimeSpursFan
08-19-2015, 03:30 PM
Kawhi is a really good role player that can play at a high level every other game or so but he doesn't have the offensive ability that most fans are looking for to be an All-Star moreso an NBA MVP. He needs to realize his strength is on the defensive side and focus on making that his staple. And if he can become a good three point shooter plus gets some turnovers for easy fast break points then even better. At this point he is the third/fourth offensive option on this team and thats probably where he should stay, at least until Duncan/Parker retire.

Spurtacular
08-19-2015, 03:33 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Kawhi mention Manu before (not that he talks a lot anyway).

I'm sure they're cool and Manu tutors him, but you don't really see them interact like you do Tim/Kawhi either.

Not sure what you've been watching. Manu and KL have a good relationship. Tony scarcely interacts with Kawhi.

dabom
08-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Kawhi is a really good role player that can play at a high level every other game or so but he doesn't have the offensive ability that most fans are looking for to be an All-Star moreso an NBA MVP. He needs to realize his strength is on the defensive side and focus on making that his staple. And if he can become a good three point shooter plus gets some turnovers for easy fast break points then even better. At this point he is the third/fourth offensive option on this team and thats probably where he should stay, at least until Duncan/Parker retire.

Just stop faggot. Every time I see your stupid fucking name I know something stupid is posted.

08-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Selfish goals tbh :nope

Not good for the lockerroom imo

dabom
08-19-2015, 03:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zeHJMCiN60

@3:35 kawhi to manu.

T_L_P
08-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Not sure what you've been watching. Manu and KL have a good relationship. Tony scarcely interacts with Kawhi.

Of course they do. I'm sure they have a great relationship as Manu is one of the best teammates ever and Kawhi is a receptive person.

I'm just saying, I haven't seen a whole lot of on-court interaction between them. In fact I've seen less of that than I have Tony/Kawhi, and a lot less than Tim/Kawhi.

I just thought it was interesting. I wasn't trying to infer anything about the two...

random21
08-19-2015, 03:46 PM
All star for sure this year. Top 4 in MVP voting, if healthy.....

Fireball
08-19-2015, 03:51 PM
He will not win MVP ever ... but nothing wrong with setting high bars for oneself ... it will drive him to continue working hard on his game.

BillMc
08-19-2015, 03:59 PM
He will not win MVP ever ... but nothing wrong with setting high bars for oneself ... it will drive him to continue working hard on his game.

Agree the odds are small. His only shot at MVP is if the Spurs happen to have the best record in the league by a very wide margin, and the voters do the "best player on the best team" thing. But, as others have said, he's probably not going to score enough to get it otherwise. LMA also will likely steal a lot of votes if the Spurs are incredibly successful in these upcoming seasons.

Kool Bob Love
08-19-2015, 04:03 PM
I been saying he's our Kobe. That selfish motherfucker. I'm just waiting to hear him try to run off LMA.

Kool Bob Love
08-19-2015, 04:04 PM
And I thought this choker didn't talk to the media? Flip flopping clown.

tbdog
08-19-2015, 04:25 PM
He can be that scorer. He has that elite midrange game and that beautiful post turn around jumper around the edge of the key. He looks stronger now which means he should be able to get into position better. He now needs to continue on those strengths and his spot of 3 pnt shot. But most importantly he needs to develop making the correct decisions out of the double team and also the ability to drive in traffic.

DeRozan m8
08-19-2015, 04:29 PM
I still laugh at faggots that call him a role player and can't see the bigger picture.
how fucking stupid haha

Kool Bob Love
08-19-2015, 04:35 PM
I still laugh at faggots that call him a role player and can't see the bigger picture.
how fucking stupid haha

He is a role player that thinks he's better than that. We won't win with him leading. He needed Duncan, Ginobili and Parker to hold his hand in 2014. Now we got LMA too hold his hand in the future. Unless he decides to pull a Kobe and run him off. Won't suprise me since he took one out of the case in 2013.

DenialTwist
08-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Seth Partnow, an nba analyst, sometimes Clippers blogger, but most importantly analytics guru at Nylon Calculus mentioned Kawhi Leonard on R/NBA's AMA today. He said that Kawhi was underrated and wouldn't be surprised if his name popped up in MVP convos next season. Funny how the guy (roguetoaster) who asked was underrated was the same guy who said Kawhi was overrated a week ago lol Good to see an NBA analyst tell him it was Kawhi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3hlubq/im_seth_partnow_of_editor_of_nylon_calculus_ama/

http://i.imgur.com/qjQ7grql.png

http://i.imgur.com/9xmjMqLl.png

BD24
08-19-2015, 05:15 PM
Jesus christ your just as gay as apo, just on the other end of the spectrum.

RD2191
08-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Just stop faggot. Every time I see your stupid fucking name I know something stupid is posted.

Crofl. Bold dabom tbh.

DeRozan m8
08-19-2015, 05:20 PM
He is a role player that thinks he's better than that. We won't win with him leading. He needed Duncan, Ginobili and Parker to hold his hand in 2014. Now we got LMA too hold his hand in the future. Unless he decides to pull a Kobe and run him off. Won't suprise me since he took one out of the case in 2013.

I think you underestimate the leash Pops had on Kdog, tbh

Wait and see :)

SPURt
08-19-2015, 05:25 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/f7/f7adb707b4caecaec627d0275ac8021b24a07a96a93e521c11 17fb60a6197288.jpg

milkyway21
08-19-2015, 05:28 PM
With so may talents today, lot of shoe endorsements from players not even on elite teams, Spurs with LMA now, Kawhi will be an all star but might not win as much fans' votes to be on top to be a starter but thru' coaches' votes..

IMO Aldridge will win more fan votes thab Kawhi

SPURt
08-19-2015, 05:35 PM
If I post my physical address, would somebody send me one of y'all's crystal balls? Is Apple making them? At least no one sees injury in his future.... or does someone??? The paranoia of not knowing the future is killing me!!!!

DenialTwist
08-19-2015, 05:36 PM

I think he is more than a role player now. He is a high impact player that can improve even more on offense. His development alongside the big three is understated and it's great that LMA is there now. I don't see it as him thinking he's better than what he is. What would you expect him to say? I think it's great he has high expectations for himself and wants to improve his game.

DenialTwist
08-19-2015, 05:40 PM
With so may talents today, lot of show endorsements from players not even on elite teams, Spurs with LMA now, Kawhi will be an all star but might not win as much fans' votes to be on top to be a starter but thru' coaches' votes..

IMO Aldridge will win more fan votes thab Kawhi

I agree. But that's too bad. If Kawhi plays well next season up until All Star break, he deserves a chance to become an all-star. If someone like Korver can be an all star, why not Kawhi?
And also why hasn't Danny Green ever been invited to the three point shooting contest? I think he deserves a chance to compete from behind the arc.

apalisoc_9
08-19-2015, 05:40 PM
kawhi hasn't been a role player since 2013.

:lmao

RD2191
08-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Kawhi is the reason the Spurs wont be moving from SA in the forseeable future. No Kawhi no title. No Kawhi no LMA. No Kawhi no future for the Spurs in SA. Lol. "Role player".

apalisoc_9
08-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Kawhi is the reason the Spurs wont be moving from SA in the forseeable future. No Kawhi no title. No Kawhi no LMA. No Kawhi no future for the Spurs in SA. Lol. "Role player".

How many days left?

damn this is by far the longest off-season I can remember. Last year i felt like the offseason was super quick...now it feels like forever.
WTF

spursistan
08-19-2015, 06:09 PM

sure, he does..i have noticed Kawhi starting to pickup plenty of Gino's move/tricks (back cuts/blind side steals etc..)..Watch this for example..

https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/spurs-3.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JXwEl2fFFs

Silver&Black
08-19-2015, 06:12 PM
Regular season MVP is shooting for the moon IMO....

Hell, I hope he does it though.

RD2191
08-19-2015, 06:25 PM
How many days left?

damn this is by far the longest off-season I can remember. Last year i felt like the offseason was super quick...now it feels like forever.
WTF

Feel the same way tbh. Offseason is dragging ass.

T_L_P
08-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Regular season MVP is shooting for the moon IMO....

Hell, I hope he does it though.

sure, he does..i have noticed Kawhi starting to pickup plenty of Gino's move/tricks (back cuts/blind side steals etc..)..Watch this for example..

Dude, this is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about shit like high-fives, huddle talks, sitting next to each other the bench kind of stuff.

I don't see them interacting that much.

Like I said, I'm sure they have a great relationship and all...I was just pointing out that it's the first time I've ever seen Kawhi mention Manu at all in his career. And then I pointed out you don't see the two with each other very often...

spurs10
08-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Great attitude! Respects The Manu! :toast

z0sa
08-19-2015, 07:25 PM
Hes got a LOOOOONG way to go offensively if he wants to win an MVP. Being an All Star and an MVP are totally separate goals and one is much more obtainable.

SuperCam
08-19-2015, 07:31 PM
If Kawhi is ever league MVP it means a lot of nigs died in airplane crashes and the product has become unwatchable.

It's good to have confidence but try making at least an all star roster before you talk about MVP. Those who don't lick his asshole on here understand the difference between what Kawhi is and an MVP caliber player who could drag a team to 50 wins by himself.

bic50
08-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Looks like the hating scrub posters showed up as expected :lol.
Season mvp is going to be tough, but nothing wrong with aiming high.. All star is very possible though.

gilmor2002
08-19-2015, 09:53 PM

He should learn how to flop from Manu.. that's Manu's biggest asset..

still.focused
08-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Idiocy

timtonymanu
08-19-2015, 10:09 PM

timtonymanu
08-19-2015, 10:11 PM
:lol calling Kawhi a role player

PPG fans

Baseline21
08-19-2015, 10:29 PM
Man, I want the season to start, now. I want to see our new players in action. Shit I bet fans of other teams want to see the Spurs new team in action. Warrior fans will be ��,clippers fan will be �� and cavs fans will be ��, that's pretty much the only teams that matter.

honestfool84
08-19-2015, 10:39 PM

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5133/13953783092_54352f67f8_o.jpg

The_Klaw
08-19-2015, 10:52 PM

And some Eurostep moves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt1vXXDtRx4

The_Klaw
08-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Also it wasn't a real Manu's Eurostep but Kawhi's learning from the best.

LongtimeSpursFan
08-19-2015, 11:41 PM

Why do fanboys get their feathers ruffled just because real fans speak the truth? Kawhi has not been voted to an All-Star game yet. So he isn't an All-Star. Hell he probably won't even make the USA National basketball team since his game doesn't really translate on those type of teams. He can probably be labeled a star but even then I'm willing to bet the average fan would probably name Duncan, Parker, Ginobili before Kawhi if asked to name players on Spurs roster.
I think fanboys seem to rate their player a little more than us grounded fans. We all love Kawhi but he has a long way to go before he is an All-Star.

manu2timdynasty
08-19-2015, 11:43 PM

This will be the only time I address you. Also, I'm assuming you're up there in age and a 'casual' spurs fan so please forgive me as I talk down to you. I will attempt to educate you, using this tool called the google. Kawhi has a career .496 FG shooting percentage, this stat means he makes pretty much half the shots he takes. Tim Duncan for example has a career .506 FG shooting percentage. The two stats are very similar. Duncan plays Power forward/Center, that means he plays in the post and usually takes shots closer to the rim. Kawhi is a Small forward, this means he plays on the perimeter, which is further from the rim. Now, picture yourself jumping out of bed in the middle of the night trying to make it to the restroom. Standing right over the toilet, would you say it would be easier to not piss all over the floor then if you were across the room? Yes, of course which translates to, the further a player is from the basket the more his shooting percentage drops. Kawhi's career FG% is nearly identical to Duncan's.

You mentioned Kawhi "needs to realize his strength is on the defensive side and focus on making that his staple" an asinine statement that almost makes me think you're a troll. You see grandpa, you must've fallen asleep when they handed him the defensive player of the year trophy. Did you miss the Spurs highlights the next morning on Kens5 after we won the championship in which he won the Finals MVP while guarding Lebron James?

Third/Fourth best option? Role player? Please old timer, go quietly into the night.

Spurtacular
08-19-2015, 11:47 PM
Of course they do. I'm sure they have a great relationship as Manu is one of the best teammates ever and Kawhi is a receptive person.

I'm just saying, I haven't seen a whole lot of on-court interaction between them. In fact I've seen less of that than I have Tony/Kawhi, and a lot less than Tim/Kawhi.

I just thought it was interesting. I wasn't trying to infer anything about the two...

Well, it's possible that we just legitimately see things differently. I've seen Manu and KL actively work together on the court. The emnity between TP and KL is pretty glaring to me.

The_Klaw
08-19-2015, 11:48 PM
This will be the only time I address you. Also, I'm assuming you're up there in age and a 'casual' spurs fan so please forgive me as I talk down to you. I will attempt to educate you, using this tool called the google. Kawhi has a career .496 FG shooting percentage, this stat means he makes pretty much half the shots he takes. Tim Duncan for example has a career .506 FG shooting percentage. The two stats are very similar. Duncan plays Power forward/Center, that means he plays in the post and usually takes shots closer to the rim. Kawhi is a Small forward, this means he plays on the perimeter, which is further from the rim. Now, picture yourself jumping out of bed in the middle of the night trying to make it to the restroom. Standing right over the toilet, would you say it would be easier to not piss all over the floor then if you were across the room? Yes, of course which translates to, the further a player is from the basket the more his shooting percentage drops. Kawhi's career FG% is nearly identical to Duncan's.

You mentioned Kawhi "needs to realize his strength is on the defensive side and focus on making that his staple" an asinine statement that almost makes me think you're a troll. You see grandpa, you must've fallen asleep when they handed him the defensive player of the year trophy. Did you miss the Spurs highlights the next morning on Kens5 after we won the championship in which he won the Finals MVP while guarding Lebron James?

Third/Fourth best option? Role player? Please old timer, go quietly into the night.

Well said!! :bobo

manu2timdynasty
08-19-2015, 11:49 PM
how fucking stupid haha

Stop making a fool of yourself and us fellow Spurs fans.

manu2timdynasty
08-19-2015, 11:53 PM

Your statement doesn't match your profile pic tbh. For some reason when I see you, I picture a frat boy who probably has date raped more than a few imo. Nah, just messing with you, I assumed like everyone else, that is not you in the picture. Nice google skills though...

kobyz
08-19-2015, 11:59 PM
How he let us lose to Matt Barnes and the Clippers?

manu2timdynasty
08-20-2015, 12:03 AM
I been saying he's our Kobe. That selfish motherfucker. I'm just waiting to hear him try to run off LMA.

Dime variety attention whore. There's too many of you here to remember your name thus the need to make an endless supply of stupid comments. I almost feel sorry for you. This is you life and it's ending one comment at a time.

LongtimeSpursFan
08-20-2015, 12:19 AM

thats what's wrong with kids today. They watch a couple of spurs games or catch sportscenter once
in a while or Google stats or post on fan forum and suddenly they think they are an expert. You probably have never even played any type of organized basketball much less coach any team sports.. And your reference that Kawhi is a great player because of his FG percentage is nonsense since guys Harrison Barnes, Demarre Carroll and Goran Dragic had higher percentages than Kawhi last year.
Now let me educate you a little about basketball before I got to bed. The spurs offense allows players to have a higher shooting percentage because of Dribble penetration and ball movement...oh and because they have a guy named Tim Duncan in the middle. And by the way there were two players on the Spurs team that has a higher shooting percentage than Kawhi, Here it is, are you ready for it.....Tim Duncan and Tony Parker....like I said the third or fourth option.
Classs dismissed.

08-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Your statement doesn't match your profile pic tbh. For some reason when I see you, I picture a frat boy who probably has date raped more than a few imo. Nah, just messing with you, I assumed like everyone else, that is not you in the picture. Nice google skills though...
It's Matt Stafford

manu2timdynasty
08-20-2015, 12:21 AM
How he let us lose to Matt Barnes and the Clippers?

Hack a Deandre, Pop playing Bonner over Banes, Pop playing Parker too much, Parker forcing a shot late with the lead, the clock starting premature, the refs... seriously kid get your game up. I know you're a troll but that's weak shit.

manu2timdynasty
08-20-2015, 12:25 AM
It's Matt Stafford

So you're saying, your the girl next to him?

unleashbaynes
08-20-2015, 12:34 AM
And I thought this choker didn't talk to the media? Flip flopping clown.

:rollin you getting trolled into hating on a Spurs player. Clown.

DeRozan m8
08-20-2015, 12:46 AM
Stop making a fool of yourself and us fellow Spurs fans.

Get a bigger picture on things and you'll stop being the fool tbh

08-20-2015, 12:46 AM
So you're saying, your the girl next to him?
Your deductive skills are remarkable if I do say so myself

TheDoctor
08-20-2015, 12:56 AM
I do not doubt that if he had been consistent all year, he would've got a shot at it. I mean, when Leonard had THAT 2nd half strong push (Feb-May) that put the team back in contending form, bunch of media guys were talking about how if Kawhi hadn't lost so many games due to injuries, they would have considered him as a strong MVP candidate.

The_Klaw
08-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Why do fanboys get their feathers ruffled just because real fans speak the truth?
Since when to be fan of a player is a bad thing? I thought most of the Spurs' fans are Tim Duncan fans too. Also I have friends non Spurs fans who are Duncan's fans.There's an obvious reason because I'm rooting for the Spurs since 2011, but I always wish the best for the Spurs. What's the big deal?

Hell he probably won't even make the USA National basketball team since his game doesn't really translate on those type of teams
His game? Iguodala made 2008 Team USA and Kawhi is a better shooter than him. Honestly, I don't care if he makes the team, but his game is perfectly suitable for international basketball.

So he isn't an All-Star
Kawhi never played at all star level?

"All the while, in those three showcases where Leonard’s plus-minus score was +42, Kawhi a.k.a. The Klaw put up enough MVP-worthy stats in 82 minutes, scoring 73 points on 47 shots (.715 true shooting percentage), while stealing 14 balls with his Plastic Man wingspan.
Leonard’s play in the nine-win span was no less efficient, with the Spurs small forward averaging 19 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 1 block and 2 turnovers with a .671 true shooting percentage and +14 plus-minus on average in only 28 minutes per game.

Indeed, Kawhi is dominating games now while also posting Finals MVP-like numbers along the way. Kind of like how he tallied 18-6-2-2-1 and 1 with +13 on average in 33 minutes per game against Miami in the 2014 Finals.

Only instead of taking away opponents’ superpowers from them, Leonard is also initiating offense in the Spurs’ beautiful system of passing-motion basketball.Yes, you can make the case that Leonard deserves MVP recognition.
I’d give him a top 5 vote—maybe even second or third. After all, Leonard does rank third today in Real Plus-Minus (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM) at +8.35—trailing only Harden (+8.76) and Curry (+8.68)—and he may pass both in this final week of the regular season. You can also make the claim today that nobody is playing a better all-around game than Klaw..."

http://www.nba.com/hoop/kawhi_not_2015_04_10.html

"Both of those narratives are easily digested, but it’s possible that the Spurs’ push is the simplest of the three to explain. Only two words are really needed: Kawhi Leonard.
Leonard’s return to the court in mid-January has transformed the Spurs from a wobbly outfit to a certified steamroller that enters Tuesday’s action riding a league-best seven-game winning streak after walloping the Warriors on Sunday. Without Leonard, San Antonio went 8-9 (.471) and suffered its first full losing month since Feb. 1999 in December. With Leonard, San Antonio is 27-10 (.730) since Jan. 16 and posting numbers that are eerily similar to last year’s Spurs

The national conversation around Leonard can stand to improve, and it likely will shift in the coming months if he continues to put together signature performances like his recent night against the Warrios. On Sunday he roasted Harrison Barnes, particularly in the post, and tormented Curry, forcing turnover after turnover. “[Leonard] was the best player on the floor,” Kerr told reporters afterwards, the type of thing that hasn’t been said very often about players who have shared the court with Curry this season.

It must be noted that Leonard is a key driver of that individual progress, rather than simply a system recipient.
Per Synergy Sports, he grades out well in virtually every major offensive play type (spot-up, transition, pick-and-roll, isolation), and the following sampling of plays should give a taste of the many ways that Leonard is able to generate points independent of the Spurs’ famed drive-and-kick game.
He is also showing that he can beat defenses in a variety of useful methods and that he can translate his prodigious athletic gifts into points in ways that resemble the best of the best in the NBA. How many players around the league can do these things consistently while still making an impact defensively?

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/07/kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-playoffs-all-nba# (http://www.si.com/nba/2015/04/07/kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-playoffs-all-nba)

These guys are boyfans too?

He can probably be labeled a star but even then I'm willing to bet the average fan would probably name Duncan, Parker, Ginobili before Kawhi if asked to name players on Spurs roster.
It's hard to say this, but if you ask non Spurs fans about Tony, Manu and Kawhi, most of them know more Kawhi than the rest of the Big 3. Kawhi got more All Star votes than them in the last two seasons.

I think fanboys seem to rate their player a little more than us grounded fans
You can't stop making a drunken fool of yourself?

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 01:06 AM
Love the Whiman you dumb dongs.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tonyhawkgames/images/0/0c/WeeMan-rockon.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090216183554

Sean Cagney
08-20-2015, 01:07 AM

Tony is probably a real asshole to be honest... He is a Spur but dude just looks like a dick.

The_Klaw
08-20-2015, 01:18 AM
Kawhi is a really good role player .... He needs to realize his strength is on the defensive side and focus on making that his staple.... At this point he is the third/fourth offensive option on this team and thats probably where he should stay, at least until Duncan/Parker retire.

Kawhi offense is fantastic! Even being a third/fourth option he was the leading scorer in regular season and playoffs.
20.3ppg with Spurs pace and system? Sharing the ball with Parker and Duncan as better options? Kawhi's damn good scorer.
Just imagine how many points he'll score as 2nd or 1st option...

"Kawhi Leonard's offense -not defense- key to Spurs.

Here's a quick thought experiment. Imagine if the NBA's best offensive player were also an elite defender? He's the MVP, right? Seems like a reasonable conclusion. Now let's flip it around. If the NBA's best defensive player is also an elite offensive player, what then? MVP, right?
This is where we're at with Kawhi Leonard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard).
It's downright silly that most people don't consider him in the discussion of the NBA's best player. For some reason, dominant defensive players with above-average impact on offense don't get nearly the same hype as when it's the other way around -- i.e., the Stephen Currys and James Hardens of the NBA.
Leonard is becoming the rest of the NBA's greatest fear: The Spurs found a guy outside the top 10 in the draft and transformed him into a franchise cornerstone. The 23-year-old just won NBA Defensive Player of the Year, but, as he's showing now, he's almost as good on the other end."
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/12777928/kawhi-leonard-offense-not-defense-key-san-antonio-spurs-nba

SAGirl
08-20-2015, 01:18 AM
He just needs to be more consistent. Last year he started very slow and was in a shooting slump. People gloss over that, but it was his eye and lack of rythm, or what have you, but he wasn't very good to start. He also struggled a bit in his new role. His post ups felt forced at time and not natural. It was also to be expected because it was a new style and him dealing with double teams and what have you. Then, he got injured. Basically, his start to the season was thoroughly unimpressive. In March, he really took it to another level, an MVP level. If he is able to play like that for an entire season, then he's for sure an MVP candidate. He just hasn't done it enough, and for a consistent enough time to have him in that conversation.

However, he is young and improving and its good that he is hungry to get better. He may reach his goals, but he will need to be a lot better than he has been and a lot more consistent than he has been. He always brings his defensive intensity and effort, but offensively he is really sometimes not quite there. For him to get to the level he wants to get to, he needs to be consistent in the entirety of his game. That is what sets guys like Lebron, Curry, Harden, Durant, Westbrook, and A. Davis on another level. They maintain their level of play night after night, as the best players in their respective teams and quite often if they don't have it going a particular night, it becomes really tough for the team to win. Kawhi is reaching that level, but consistency has been a big issue for him and something to keep an eye on.

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 01:29 AM
:rollin you getting trolled into hating on a Spurs player. Clown.

http://cdn.totalfratmove.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fba241eca6a2d4fd4fbf4c7c221f45102035128417.png

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 01:32 AM
Your deductive skills are remarkable if I do say so myself

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 01:33 AM
Dime variety attention whore. There's too many of you here to remember your name thus the need to make an endless supply of stupid comments. I almost feel sorry for you. This is you life and it's ending one comment at a time.

but yet, you're wasting your time commenting on my post. Fuck you.

:flag:

Spurtacular
08-20-2015, 01:34 AM
Tony is probably a real asshole to be honest... He is a Spur but dude just looks like a dick.

Most athletes are, tbh. Tony seems to be on a different plain though.

spurraider21
08-20-2015, 01:55 AM
He should learn how to flop from Manu.. that's Manu's biggest asset..
he already learned the "miss crucial free throw" thing from manu :lol

SuperCam
08-20-2015, 02:02 AM

:wow

:lol

Didn't he go an do it again against Cleveland this season?

props to Kawhi for actually talking to the media this time tbh, but if you can't outplay a 35 year old matt barnes you have a long ways to go to get to MVP level

Fireball
08-20-2015, 02:27 AM
Agree the odds are small. His only shot at MVP is if the Spurs happen to have the best record in the league by a very wide margin, and the voters do the "best player on the best team" thing. But, as others have said, he's probably not going to score enough to get it otherwise. LMA also will likely steal a lot of votes if the Spurs are incredibly successful in these upcoming seasons. If defense was acknowledged in MVP votings his chances would be better, but looking at the Superstars of the league (especially Anthony Davis) odds remain small for Kawhi.

Sean Cagney
08-20-2015, 02:57 AM
Most athletes are, tbh. Tony seems to be on a different plain though.

You will find a few that are humble but I agree with you 100% here on both things you said.

Sean Cagney
08-20-2015, 03:01 AM

props to Kawhi for actually talking to the media this time tbh, but if you can't outplay a 35 year old matt barnes you have a long ways to go to get to MVP level

That is true but in the last two finals he outplayed Lebron at times so lets not act like a game or two last playoffs defines him. He has had some great series in the playoffs so far and he is still very young and will get better.

His FTs late are a glaring problem though tbh.

08-20-2015, 03:09 AM

If he would've made those FTs Spurs would've gotten the two seed, and he could've saved himself from the embarrassment of being sent home by Matt Barnes :wow

08-20-2015, 03:10 AM
That is true but in the last two finals he outplayed Lebron at times so lets not act like a game or two last playoffs defines him. He has had some great series in the playoffs so far and he is still very young and will get better.

His FTs late are a glaring problem though tbh.

He plays well in blowouts, I'll give him that.

kobyz
08-20-2015, 04:02 AM
Hack a Deandre, Pop playing Bonner over Banes, Pop playing Parker too much, Parker forcing a shot late with the lead, the clock starting premature, the refs... seriously kid get your game up. I know you're a troll but that's weak shit.

Even if your claims are true and Pop is indeed a bad coach that fucked up the series, still getting outplayed by Barnes late in the series and following it losing to the Clippers in the first round was too embarrassment that Kawhi is not in position to come up with those statements or showing anything that could resemble arrogance, should only stay humble, keep working on himself and proving it on the court without talking... Btw, which apalisoc group member alt are you?

hater
08-20-2015, 07:01 AM
Not a fan of ME accolades tbqh

hater
08-20-2015, 07:14 AM
Someone should tell him Van Horn never won an MVP

Brazil
08-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Season mvp is going to be tough, but nothing wrong with aiming high.. All star is very possible though.

/thread

Walter Donovan
08-20-2015, 10:44 AM
So do I Kawhi, but let's be honest: you got your ass whooped by freaking Matt Barnes :lmao

Yuixafun
08-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Kawhi landed in the perfect place for him to flourish.

The Spurs are lucky they landed the player perfect for planting seeds in.

Very carefully, and skillfully, he has been cultivated.

His will, determination, character, and physical attributes are the soil. The corporate knowledge and the foresight of the Spurs is the blueprint.

Tim Duncan, Pop, Manu the culture are the inspiration, responsibility to legacy, and the bridge.

We've only seen a portion of what he may yet still become. He's so friggan young.

Year to year his growth has been remarkable, all the way still incorporating more and more to his array and skill set.

So Kawhi has his Masters in Defense... now he's into his Bachelors when it comes to Offense.

Just barely an Associates into being the Man.

The dimwits don't see it.

It reminds me of playing a strategy game for computer, like Ages of Empires or Starcraft...

You start the game off and you decided which direction you are going to build your tech tree.

Do you play for long game or short game??

Are you going to try and win fast, by making a bunch of quick facilities to pump out troops.. or do you concentrate on going tech fast, so you have advanced level troops with more powerful abilities.

The way he has progressed, is just a sublime blend of natural and logical.

Each step, triumph, and defeat, sets the direction for the next evolution.

People says LMA is here to be Alpha or whatever.... but Maybe he is here to Bring the Alpha out of Kawhi too.

He would never think himself to supplant Duncan or Manu, no matter what Pop says.

But I reckon if we could see deep into Kawhi's soul, I'd guess, that for the reason that he was drafted by the Spurs, and has seniority with them, has been blessed by the Old Big 3, even revived their passion, been to hell and back with, '13 and '14...

He must feel if there was to be a new heart and soul of the Spurs it's his birthright moreso than an Aldridge's.

RD2191
08-20-2015, 11:14 AM

Lol. Longtimespursfan getting ethered.

Vic Petro
08-20-2015, 11:33 AM
If Kawhi is ever league MVP it means a lot of nigs died in airplane crashes and the product has become unwatchable.

It's good to have confidence but try making at least an all star roster before you talk about MVP. Those who don't lick his asshole on here understand the difference between what Kawhi is and an MVP caliber player who could drag a team to 50 wins by himself.

Steph Curry can drag a team to 50 wins by himself?

RD2191
08-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Steve Nash was back to back MVP, you're telling me he could drag a team to 50 wins by himself?

SuperCam
08-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Steph Curry can drag a team to 50 wins by himself?

Yeah, take Klay thompson off that team they still win at least 55 games

Old School 44
08-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Nothing wrong with that. Great to aim high!
I remember when Matt Bonner came into the NBA.

"I want to be the best role player I can be, make and eat sandwiches at my leisure, and just generally have fun!"

UNT Eagles 2016
08-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Kawhi might win MVP in 5-10 years after Aldridge and the big 3 are gone and the team is made up of young guys + a different coach + Kawhi and Green

gambit1990
08-20-2015, 01:09 PM
i accidentally knocked over my kawhi bobblehead today. a small piece that had connected his left foot to his left leg broke off.

hooperflash
08-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Yeah, take Klay thompson off that team they still win at least 55 games

They won a championship without him didn't they?

TheGreatYacht
08-20-2015, 01:53 PM

BillMc
08-20-2015, 01:54 PM
They won a championship without him didn't they?

Pretty much. :lol

Sean Cagney
08-20-2015, 02:12 PM
He plays well in blowouts, I'll give him that.

He did well in the first finals vs. Bron though, those games were not blowout and he came to play for most of that series. He was one of the few to show up games 6 and 7. I think you guys are selling him short here on some ends. He has FT issues late though I agree and it is glaring at times, can cost you games at key times in the year like last year in which cost them a 2nd seed losing that Cleveland game with his missed FT's. I won't blame a year on him though since they dropped other key games with stupid goofy mistakes. He does need to work on that FT shooting late though, hell most of the Spurs do if we are being honest.

RD2191
08-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Porkers fatass got outplayed by langston "d leauge" galloway when they played the knicks. Lmao at blaming kawhi for last season. Lets blame tim for the free throws he used to miss late back in the day.

Godbama
08-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Loving this hunger. :bobo

08-20-2015, 02:40 PM
He did well in the first finals vs. Bron though, those games were not blowout and he came to play for most of that series. He was one of the few to show up games 6 and 7. I think you guys are selling him short here on some ends. He has FT issues late though I agree and it is glaring at times, can cost you games at key times in the year like last year in which cost them a 2nd seed losing that Cleveland game with his missed FT's. I won't blame a year on him though since they dropped other key games with stupid goofy mistakes. He does need to work on that FT shooting late though, hell most of the Spurs do if we are being honest.
He sure showed up in game 6

https://youtu.be/GE7RCNjx22g?t=6m49s

RD2191
08-20-2015, 02:44 PM
http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/kawhi-leonard-1402926516.jpg

RD2191
08-20-2015, 02:44 PM
U mad, 313?

08-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Porkers fatass got outplayed by langston "d leauge" galloway when they played the knicks. Lmao at blaming kawhi for last season. Lets blame tim for the free throws he used to miss late back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIu8MmCV3Kk

He scored on everyone that game, including 3 or 4 straight on Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbDGC3kQcKo

lol @ Kawhi allowing the gme-tying bucket and then bricking the wide open game winner. Fkn wanker

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 02:48 PM
He sure showed up in game 6

https://youtu.be/GE7RCNjx22g?t=6m49s

fucking disgusting. Look at Duncan tell that clown to calm the fuck down after he misses the most important FT of the season.

08-20-2015, 02:52 PM
fucking disgusting. Look at Duncan tell that clown to calm the fuck down after he misses the most important FT of the season.
Doesn't the NBA have some kind of partnership with Autism awareness? I think they're trying to push Kawhi to be the poster boy because of his condition tbh good PR move

dabom
08-20-2015, 02:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBImEYGzAXY

:lmao:lmao

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 02:55 PM
No wonder this fucking clown wants them regular season awards. No pressure to win those. Never heard any of the big 3 say they wanted to win any of that shit. They always talk about championships. Kawhi just happy to settle for one. SMFH.

dabom
08-20-2015, 02:56 PM
"not even close" :lmao

dabom
08-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Getting outplayed by an injured player. :lmao

dabom
08-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Not even dleague the whole fucking series. :lmao

dabom
08-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Spurs playing 4vs5 the whole clippers series. :lmao

Prime duncan couldn't carry a black hole like that. :lmao

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Doesn't the NBA have some kind of partnership with Autism awareness? I think they're trying to push Kawhi to be the poster boy because of his condition tbh good PR move

https://www.autismspeaks.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/related_items_thumbnail/images/news/nba_thumb.jpg

08-20-2015, 03:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPxEmxKf0Dc

:lmao Kawhi and Manu trying their hardest to give the game to Miami but MVParker wouldn't give up, what a warrior :wakeup

:lmao :lmao :lmao

dabom
I can't even tell if he played worse in the regular season or the playoffs tbh. :lmao

https://www.autismspeaks.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/related_items_thumbnail/images/news/nba_thumb.jpg

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 03:02 PM
http://youtu.be/04gpe3nwydM

look at Matt fucking Barnes tell Kawhi to sit his fake MVP ass down.:lmao

dabom
08-20-2015, 03:02 PM
People still on the porker player fan bandwagon. :lmao

dabom
08-20-2015, 03:04 PM
Even Pop was surprised it went to 7 last shot with porker playing like he's in the china circuit.

http://s5.postimg.org/siu3vsb6f/2015_PGs_playoffs2.png

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Look at the Kobe I mean Kawhi fans deflecting..:lmao

SuperCam
08-20-2015, 03:08 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/195/files/2015/05/matt-barnes-kawhi-leonard-nba-playoffs-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-clippers-850x560.jpg

dabom
08-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Look at the Kobe I mean Kawhi fans deflecting..:lmao

No one takes you serious. Even the French, Tony fans probably hate you too. You keep trying to make fun of Kawhi and then Tony gets burned. Stop dude. :lmao

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 03:11 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/195/files/2015/05/matt-barnes-kawhi-leonard-nba-playoffs-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-clippers-850x560.jpg

OMG. :rollin:lmao

dabom
08-20-2015, 03:12 PM
http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Tony-Parker-Planking-On-The-Floor.jpg

Tony taking planking too far. :lmao

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 03:12 PM
:lmao Kawhi and Manu trying their hardest to give the game to Miami but MVParker wouldn't give up, what a warrior :wakeup

:lmao :lmao :lmao

kawhi stealing either Duncan's 4th or Parker's 2nd finals MVP. That fucking snake.

dabom
08-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Tony going enrique in 2013. Pop wasn't having none of that in 2014. :lmao

That speech by Pop. :cry

SuperCam
08-20-2015, 03:18 PM
http://clippers.topbuzz.com/albums/matt_barnes/Matt_Barnes_goes_Up_and_Under_vs_Kawahi_Leonard_th e_Spurs_2015.jpg

dabom
08-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Costing Tim and Manu another swan year. :lmao

Tony ain't fat guys. :lmao

SuperCam
08-20-2015, 03:19 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/471273682-matt-barnes-of-the-los-angeles-clippers-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QUG64X3nZ%2BJ74eaFrFfM2cySz3 xZ5FUW0LaMWOiqFc3TTLOy35LTz7mOm1cbX6J%2FhQ%3D%3D

dabom
08-20-2015, 03:20 PM
"My TeamCharlotte Bobcats":lmao

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 03:31 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/276/files/2015/05/matt-barnes-kawhi-leonard-nba-playoffs-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-clippers-850x560.jpg

SuperCam
08-20-2015, 03:49 PM
https://j.gifs.com/y4lQpw.gif

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Look at MVParker's reaction to the 1st missed ft. :lol As if to say "not again you clown ass fuck boy"

08-20-2015, 04:06 PM
Costing Tim and Manu another swan year. :lmao

Yeah, Kawhi really needs to make it up to them this year. Can't go get outplayed by Matt Barnes again :nope

Astray
08-20-2015, 04:20 PM
That is true but in the last two finals he outplayed Lebron at times

When? LeBron was clearly the best player in both finals.

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 04:29 PM
When? LeBron was clearly the best player in both finals.
Kawhi raped him, Wtf were you watching?

TheGreatYacht
08-20-2015, 04:57 PM
KBL, 313, and Supercam showing photographic evidence and even some GIF's. Player fans can't argue with that :bobo

TheGreatYacht
08-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Hope Kawhi reaches his goals. Non player fan here :flag:

Buddy Mignon
08-20-2015, 05:28 PM
This nigga ain't got a shot in hell at ever winning MVP.

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 05:38 PM

That wasnt very Hall Of Famer, tbh.

Astray
08-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Kawhi raped him.

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 07:17 PM

Whats that? Lebron is the primary scorer while Kiwi has Porker Duncan Manu and Danny Green also makes his numbers.
Havent you seen those stats of how Leroy was affected by having Kiws guarding him?
You seem to forget how scared Lebron, looking to refs everytime Kiws was stealing the ball, faking hits to the eye and shit like that, thats how Kiwi got kicked out of game 2, 2014 was a sweep.
Lewhore can have more assists since he plays point but he will never defend like Whi, but you better stick to points since guys like Drymouth Green even made Lebron score less, right? Spur fan my azz.

Silver&Black
08-20-2015, 07:47 PM
Kawhi raped him, Wtf were you watching?

This is the shit I'm talking about. Only in the biggest Kawhi player fans mind would someone think Kawhi "raped" Lebron in the Finals. And Kawhi is my guy....the best player on the team and future of the franchise.

I would say something more like Kawhi "held his own" against Lebron. And that's not a knock or slam against Kawhi. If you have someone on your team that can go toe to toe with Lebron....that's ultimately a win.

I watched game 5 the other day....and I recall JVG saying something like this. They were showing a couple clips of Kawhi playing D on Lebron...and Van Gundy said, "Yeah, but Lebron is getting it done. But this is what you want someone who, even when he's getting it handed to him, is still up in Lebron playing hard nose defense." And he was exactly right. Lebron was torching Kawhi...but Kawhi was still trying his best to guard the best player on the planet. And doing a respectable job IMO...

:lol Kawhi "raped" Lebron
:lol Player Fans and their love of certain players getting in the way of rational thought

Wu36
08-20-2015, 07:51 PM
I hope he does one day. But weren't those Blair's goal also?

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 07:55 PM
This is the shit I'm talking about. Only in the biggest Kawhi player fans mind would someone think Kawhi "raped" Lebron in the Finals. And Kawhi is my guy....the best player on the team and future of the franchise.

I would say something more like Kawhi "held his own" against Lebron. And that's not a knock or slam against Kawhi. If you have someone on your team that can go toe to toe with Lebron....that's ultimately a win.

I watched game 5 the other day....and I recall JVG saying something like this. They were showing a couple clips of Kawhi playing D on Lebron...and Van Gundy said, "Yeah, but Lebron is getting it done. But this is what you want someone who, even when he's getting it handed to him, is still up in Lebron playing hard nose defense." And he was exactly right. Lebron was torching Kawhi...but Kawhi was still trying his best to guard the best player on the planet. And doing a respectable job IMO...

:lol Kawhi "raped" Lebron
:lol Player Fans and their love of certain players getting in the way of rational thought
Well, its was the biggest kickass in the NBA Finals history and Kawhi raped the most important player who was crying like a girl to refs because his flops were the only thing left, but what do I know.
Keep cheering for Leroid ¨The Goat¨ Best player ever of the world of galaxies :lmao who also happens to be 2/6 in the finals

:lmao 2/6 in the finals
:lmao Roid addict
:lmao Regular season clown like Dwert Fatmelo and other losers but no... HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WERLD!
:lmao People who cherish that manufactured POS.

Silver&Black
08-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Well, its was the biggest kickass in the NBA Finals history

You're confusing Kawhi "raped" Lebron with the San Antonio Spurs "raped" the Miami Heat. (It's okay....99% of player fans do this)

Two completely different things. Is this really that hard to understand? I think Astray 's post pretty much covered it. The guy who averaged less points, rebounds, assists, and steals somehow "raped" the guy who averaged more. Okay sure..........

TheGreatYacht
08-20-2015, 08:28 PM
Yup S&B is spot on. Wasn't "rape", "held his own" is all

Sean Cagney
08-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Player fans....

Sean Cagney
08-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Player fans....

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 08:57 PM
You're confusing Kawhi "raped" Lebron with the San Antonio Spurs "raped" the Miami Heat. (It's okay....99% of player fans do this)

Two completely different things. Is this really that hard to understand? I think Astray (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49547) 's post pretty much covered it. The guy who averaged less points, rebounds, assists, and steals somehow "raped" the guy who averaged more. Okay sure..........
http://i.imgur.com/CPYEit4.jpg
http://sandiegosportsdomination.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/untitled3.jpg?w=750&h=471
Kawhi Leonard has been the primary defender against LeBron James in the NBA Finals.On the surface, it appears that LeBron James (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james) has not struggled against Kawhi Leonard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard). Video tracking shows that James shot 12-of-18 (66.7 percent) with Leonard as his primary defender in the first three games of the 2014 NBA Finals.
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/sas.png?w=80&h=80&transparent=truehttp://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/nba/500/mia.png?w=80&h=80&transparent=trueBut those numbers don’t show the full impact of Leonard’s defense.
In Game 3, James had a series-high 73 offensive touches but attempted only 14 shots. James was guarded by Leonard on 65 percent of the Heat’s possessions with James on the court in Game 3, the most Leonard has defended James in any game this series.
Let’s take a look at how Leonard has made LeBron’s life more difficult in the NBA Finals.
Fewer shots
Only 17 percent of LeBron’s touches against Leonard in the Finals have resulted in a field goal attempt. That’s half the rate James has against all other defenders. That means Leonard has been successful forcing him to pass the ball or turn it over.
Fewer touches
Leonard has been successful keeping the ball out of LeBron’s hands. James has been held without a touch on 35 percent of the Heat’s possessions when he’s guarded by Leonard. Against all other defenders he’s held without a touch 25 percent of the time.
Fewer drives
James has driven to the basket on 13 percent of his touches against Leonard. That rate jumps to 22 percent against all other defenders. Leonard has been able to keep James in front of him and force tough angles to keep him away from the basket.
It all equals more Leonard vs James
Leonard finished a Heat possession on James 65 percent of the time when James was on the court in Game 3. James attempted only 14 field goal attempts in the game despite a series-high 73 touches.
Percentage of Heat Possessions
With Leonard Guarding James in Finals

The percentage of possessions with Leonard defending James has increased every game this series.
The Heat recognized the work James put in to score with Leonard on him in Game 3 and tried to adjust by setting screens. On 14 different possessions in Game 3, Leonard started a possession on James but switched off due to screens. That happened nine times total in Games 1 and 2.
James was 3-of-4 with six points and an assist in those situations in Game 3.
Whether or not the Heat overcome the 2-1 series deficit could depend on how successful James is against Leonard’s defense going forward.

I thought you had something up there honestly but points and rebounds seems to tell everything.

Silver&Black
08-20-2015, 09:21 PM
:lmao Leaving out games 1 and 2

And the title of this picture says exactly what I've been telling you. "Keeping up with the King"...is just another way of saying "Held his own".

Same graph for games 1 and 2....

http://i.imgur.com/tKj3idK.jpg

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Lol, Leonard was out in game 2 due to The Queen crying sore vagina, so you were expecting ESPN to say RAPING LEBRON?
What about the other graph? 3 games, just keep dodging the facts I dont care, points and rebounds :lmao

Silver&Black
08-20-2015, 09:33 PM
points and rebounds :lmao

:lol You posted the fucking graph first....not me.
:lol Thinking Lebron got "raped" by Kawhi
:lol Player Fans
:lol Thinking I'm dodging the facts
:lol Kawhi actually getting raped in games 1 and 2 = Lebron crying "sore vagina"
:lol Not knowing the difference between Kawhi vs. Lebron and Spurs vs. Heat
:lol rational thought
:lol Mikeanaro should stick to his anti-Parker shtick

DarrinS
08-20-2015, 09:33 PM
Why are TP fanboys always faggin up the forum?

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Hope Kawhi reaches his goals. Non player fan here :flag:

Even if system player doesn't as long as the Spurs 6.:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Yup S&B is spot on. Wasn't "rape", "held his own" is all

S&B a true team fan. Glad he finally got bolded.

:flag:

Now he going in on Mikeanaro no Vaseline.:wow

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-20-2015, 09:39 PM
How's this rape?

But this isn't?

http://i.imgur.com/tKj3idK.jpg

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 09:41 PM
system player aka tony parker & tim duncan ????????????

^Bitter system player fan mad^

FkLA
08-20-2015, 09:44 PM
Meanwhile Enrique's quote:

'Excited to try and win one last championship.'

Shows you who's really alpha and believe they can win without coattailing all-time greats like Timothy Duncan and Manu.

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 09:45 PM
:lol You posted the fucking graph first....not me.
:lol Thinking Lebron got "raped" by Kawhi
:lol Player Fans
:lol Thinking I'm dodging the facts
:lol Kawhi actually getting raped in games 1 and 2 = Lebron crying "sore vagina"
:lol Not knowing the difference between Kawhi vs. Lebron and Spurs vs. Heat
:lol rational thought
:lol Mikeanaro should stick to his anti-Parker shtick

Yeah, and you said nothing about the 2nd graph, you keep dodging the facts, Points and Rebounds, also it seems you cant read full posts like the article where it says how Leonard raped Bronsie in touches drives and shots and it got bigger and bigger thru the series.
If you cant recognize Lebron as a giant flopper who cant let the game talk I dont know why the hell are you a ¨Spur fan¨ which is the total opposite to that giant whore.
Even Pop said forget the Big 2, you are the Big One so he is above you and also said to Porker WE DONT NEED HEROES.
You should stick to your Faith +1 shit Porky boy.

DarrinS
08-20-2015, 09:46 PM
We all get that CodePink diehard TP fanboi doesn't like KL. Don't hurt yourself.

TheGreatYacht
08-20-2015, 09:51 PM
Even if system player doesn't as long as the Spurs 6.:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:
All that matters, tbh. Some faggots on here would rather watch the team fail as long as their player gets his smdh.

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 09:51 PM
^Church!!!!^

Thread is about Kawhi but got the system player fans getting their feelings hurt. Why are people talking about MVPARKER Here?

TheGreatYacht
08-20-2015, 09:56 PM
system player aka tony parker & tim duncan ????????????
Calling future HOF's "system players" smh much less the guy who took a paycut for your favorite player..

Timmy is untouchable around here.

cjw
08-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Whats that? Lebron is the primary scorer while Kiwi has Porker Duncan Manu and Danny Green also makes his numbers.
Havent you seen those stats of how Leroy was affected by having Kiws guarding him?
You seem to forget how scared Lebron, looking to refs everytime Kiws was stealing the ball, faking hits to the eye and shit like that, thats how Kiwi got kicked out of game 2, 2014 was a sweep.
Lewhore can have more assists since he plays point but he will never defend like Whi, but you better stick to points since guys like Drymouth Green even made Lebron score less, right? Spur fan my azz.

People also love counting stats instead of advanced metrics. He conveniently left out turnovers too.

Silver&Black
08-20-2015, 09:57 PM
:lmao Now I'm a Porky fanboi

Dude, I'm one of the biggest team fans on this board. I root equally for Parker and Leonard (I know a lot of your minds = :smchode: ) You mean you can root for both guys? Around here it's pretty rare I know...but yes there are some people who pull for both guys. You can go ahead and add the 12 other Spurs players to the list as well. I root for them all...

I've said it countless times....Parker played like dogshit last year and probably cost us a shot at #6. Is that something a diehard Porky fanboi would say? Just because I'm of the opinion that Kawhi didn't "rape" LeBron...I guess that makes me a Parker Player Fan now.

:lol Player Fan logic

TheGreatYacht
08-20-2015, 09:58 PM
^Church!!!!^

Thread is about Kawhi but got the system player fans getting their feelings hurt. Why are people talking about MVPARKER Here?
It's what Kobe fans do as well. They try to downplay Shaq & Gasol's contribution. :sleep

BD24
08-20-2015, 09:59 PM
leflop pad stas in garbage time,nuff said
Except there was no garbage time in games 1 and 2 :lol. I'm starting to wonder if you even watched the series.

I am a huge Kawhi fan, probably my favorite Spur. Kawhi didn't rape Lebron though. Did he do a better job containing him and playing against him than anyone else in the league probably could of? Absolutely. They were pretty even during that series though, which as others have stated isnt a knock on Kawhi. It's a hell of a compliment actually to say you played evenly with the best player on the planet for a series.

Silver&Black
08-20-2015, 10:00 PM
How's this rape?

But this isn't?

:rolleyes It's not "rape"...obviously it's Lebron's "sore vagina" and "refs".

People's love of certain players overshadows rational thought sometimes.

DarrinS
08-20-2015, 10:02 PM
:lmao Now I'm a Porky fanboi

Dude, I'm one of the biggest team fans on this board. I root equally for Parker and Leonard (I know a lot of your minds = :smchode: ) You mean you can root for both guys? Around here it's pretty rare I know...but yes there are some people who pull for both guys. You can go ahead and add the 12 other Spurs players to the list as well. I root for them all...

I've said it countless times....Parker played like dogshit last year and probably cost us a shot at #6. Is that something a diehard Porky fanboi would say? Just because I'm of the opinion that Kawhi didn't "rape" LeBron...I guess that makes me a Parker Player Fan now.

:lol Player Fan logic

Wasn't talking about you, tbh. They know who they are.

Silver&Black
08-20-2015, 10:02 PM
Except there was no garbage time in games 1 and 2 :lol. I'm starting to wonder if you even watched the series.

I am a huge Kawhi fan, probably my favorite Spur. Kawhi didn't rape Lebron though. Did he do a better job containing him and playing against him than anyone else in the league probably could of? Absolutely. They were pretty even during that series though, which as others have stated isnt a knock on Kawhi. It's a hell of a compliment actually to say you played evenly with the best player on the planet for a series.

^
This guy gets it....

TheGreatYacht
08-20-2015, 10:04 PM

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 10:07 PM

Spurs started the 4th quarter 74 and MIA 78, but they outscored the heat
4th quarter
SA 36
MIA 17
There was garbage time.

spurraider21
08-20-2015, 10:08 PM
kawhi playerfans and parker playerfans

apalisoc_9
08-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Mike taking a wet shit over every dumbass player fans here.

BD24
08-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Spurs started the 4th quarter 74 and MIA 78, but they outscored the heat
4th quarter
SA 36
MIA 17
There was garbage time.
Mike, now if you watched the game, where was Lebron when the Spurs pulled away? What happened in game 1? I'll wait.

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Mike, now if you watched the game, where was Lebron when the Spurs pulled away? What happened in game 1? I'll wait.
THE CRAMPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Biggest lie ever, and the whole cripple walking, there was garbage time man, but Lebron wasnt playing at the closer.

BD24
08-20-2015, 10:43 PM
THE CRAMPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Biggest lie ever, and the whole cripple walking, there was garbage time man, but Lebron wasnt playing at the closer.
The garbage time was after Lebron left the game....the other guys claim was Lebron padded his stats in garbage time....You still with me?.....Lebron was on the bench with cramps in garbage time of game 1, therefore he couldn't of been padding his stats....now the heat won game 2 in a very close game.. so there was no garbage time in game 2...jesus this is like talking to 2nd grades, I seriously question if some of you watched the finals or just go look up stats.

SuperCam
08-20-2015, 10:47 PM
The garbage time was after Lebron left the game....the other guys claim was Lebron padded his stats in garbage time....You still with me?.....Lebron was on the bench with cramps in garbage time of game 1, therefore he couldn't of been padding his stats....now the heat won game 2 in a very close game.. so there was no garbage time in game 2...jesus this is like talking to 2nd grades, I seriously question if some of you watched the finals or just go look up stats.

:tu :tu :tu

takes a real retard to believe that a guy who can get out played by ten years older matt barnes could ever rape king james, tbh

SuperCam
08-20-2015, 10:50 PM
you could argue if kawhi could hit 2 out of 3 FTs, the spurs would have 7 in the trophy case.

6 turns into a win, obviously.

if kawhi could not choke against cleveland, spurs get 2nd seed, sweep mavs round one, hca over clippers/rockets, and matchup nightmare against warriors, with a depleted cleveland waiting to be finished off in the finals. smh kawhi just needed to hit one each time and the spurs threepeat

bic50
08-20-2015, 10:51 PM
kawhi playerfans and parker playerfans
:lol Seriously do you think this happens with any other teams fanbase? This sh*t is weird tbh.

BD24
08-20-2015, 10:54 PM
:lol Seriously do you think this happens with any other teams fanbase? This sh*t is weird tbh.
On lakersground there is the Kobe fan boys and actual Laker fans. Seriously on that site you get banned for talking bad about Kobe, its crazy lol. I am sure there was Shaq vs Kobe player fans back in the day. I imagine OKC has WB vs KD fans. Just saying I imagine were not the only ones with these crazies, I hope not at least.

bic50
08-20-2015, 11:04 PM
On lakersground there is the Kobe fan boys and actual Laker fans. Seriously on that site you get banned for talking bad about Kobe, its crazy lol. I am sure there was Shaq vs Kobe player fans back in the day. I imagine OKC has WB vs KD fans. Just saying I imagine were not the only ones with these crazies, I hope not at least.
I don't frequent those sites so I wouldn't know, but I guess its not as uncommon as I thought. And have to consider a few are trolls. Still pretty odd. Oh well :flag:

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 11:05 PM
I´ve never said Lebron was there in game 1 during garbage time he was crying his soul, had he won game 1 and Spurs would be perennial losers and the King was too much even in deep deep pain, he was stopping the game a la Mayweather, nobody on that stadium had crampies but Lebronis.
Game 2 was a ref job, Manu almost left Wade with one eye (according to refs), there was no garbage time there thats right but as I said before they gave lots of phantom fouls to Kawhi to leave the game as soon as possible, it was embarrassing.

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 11:07 PM
:tu :tu :tu

takes a real retard to believe that a guy who can get out played by ten years older matt barnes could ever rape king james, tbh
Takes a real retard to be a Bobcat fan, tbh.

Kool Bob Love
08-20-2015, 11:13 PM
you could argue if kawhi could hit 2 out of 3 FTs, the spurs would have 7 in the trophy case.

if kawhi could not choke against cleveland, spurs get 2nd seed, sweep mavs round one, hca over clippers/rockets, and matchup nightmare against warriors, with a depleted cleveland waiting to be finished off in the finals. smh kawhi just needed to hit one each time and the spurs threepeat

shit when you put it like that. Fucking system player.:pctoss

SuperCam
08-20-2015, 11:14 PM
Takes a real retard to be a Bobcat fan, tbh.

The bobcats were Robert Johnson's faggy franchise. We're the hornets now, though still run by a retard tbh

Mikeanaro
08-20-2015, 11:18 PM
The bobcats were Robert Johnson's faggy franchise. We're the hornets now, though still run by a retard tbh
What Robert Johnson? the guitar player from the movie crossroads? was Willie Brown there? just kidding
Kawhi raped Lebron, and then got raped by Matt Barnes.
Dwert got raped by Matt Bonner, it seems the Matts are good rapists.
Curry got raped by Matt Dellavedova too now that I think about.

Silver&Black
08-20-2015, 11:58 PM
jesus this is like talking to 2nd graders

I give 2nd graders a helluva lot more credit than some of these posters. These people will do anything (even flat out lie) to make the case for their guy.

:lol Claiming "garbage time" in games 1 and 2
:lol Sitting on the bench = Stat padding in game 1
:lol Game 2. A 2 point game = garbage time

apalisoc_9
08-21-2015, 12:01 AM
Kawhi is an all-time great spur already at the age of 24.

Anyone who disagrees has had a dick inside his anus.

Mikeanaro
08-21-2015, 12:14 AM
Kawhi is an all-time great spur already at the age of 24.

Anyone who disagrees has had a dick inside his anus.
But if that dude Stevie Johnson disagrees he will have his dick inside his balls now that he is claiming to have a transgender surgery.

Silver&Black
08-21-2015, 01:50 AM

Other teams have real problems....

Like should we fire our coach...should we change offensive and defensive schemes...who do we draft with the #4 pick...etc. All in all...the player fan shtick is really not a big problem to have.

Could be a lot worse.

tbdog
08-21-2015, 02:31 AM
Lebron was amazing in the 2014 finals. He shot over 50% in the field and at the three. His assist were down, but that was mainly because we homed in on their shooters. There is no doubt that Lebron got the better of the match up. But it wasn't about Leonard outplaying Lebron, no one has for years, its that he kept it close and shot damn well.

dabom
08-21-2015, 05:31 AM
Lebron had a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio. And most of his points were not on kawhi. Ya some stupid faggots tbh.

YGWHI
08-21-2015, 09:59 AM
Lebron was torching Kawhi...
I wouldn't say "torching"...

Only 17 percent of LeBron's touches against Kawhi in the Finals resulted in a field goal attempt.
That's half the rate LBJ had against all other defenders. That means Kawhi was successful forcing him to pass the ball or turn it over.

Kawhi was also successful keeping the ball out of LeBron'shands. LeBron was held without a touch on 35 percent of the Heat's possessions when guarded by Kawhi.
Against all other defenders he was held without a touch 25 percent of the time.

LeBron drove to the basket on 13 percent of his touches against Kawhi.
That rate jumped to 22 percent against all other defenders.
Kawhi was able to keep LBJ in front of him and force tough angles to keep him away from the basket.

apalisoc_9
08-21-2015, 10:22 AM
YGHWI..

rookie poster of year?

I yes IMO.

Silver&Black
08-21-2015, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't say "torching"...

Only 17 percent of LeBron's touches against Kawhi in the Finals resulted in a field goal attempt.
That's half the rate LBJ had against all other defenders. That means Kawhi was successful forcing him to pass the ball or turn it over.

Kawhi was also successful keeping the ball out of LeBron'shands. LeBron was held without a touch on 35 percent of the Heat's possessions when guarded by Kawhi.
Against all other defenders he was held without a touch 25 percent of the time.

LeBron drove to the basket on 13 percent of his touches against Kawhi.
That rate jumped to 22 percent against all other defenders.
Kawhi was able to keep LBJ in front of him and force tough angles to keep him away from the basket.

When I said that Lebron was "torching" Kawhi...I was referring to one quarter of game 5. The game where I heard JVG said,"LeBron is getting it done." You left out the rest of my quote.

I know Kawhi did an admirable job against LeBron. I've seen all the stats you posted for over a year now...they're nothing new. He lowered damn near every % when he guarded Lebron. FG%, Shot attempts, drives, etc.

Still doesn't change the fact that I'll never believe that Kawhi "raped" Lebron (the only reason why I even joined this conversation). Some people say "rape"....I say "held his own". And, for the 7th time....there is absolutely nothing wrong with "holding your own" or going "toe to toe" with Lebron. It's not a knock against the guy...it's actually a huge compliment.

Silver&Black
08-21-2015, 10:24 AM
YGHWI..

rookie poster of year?

I yes IMO.

At least he didn't want to trade Kawhi for Ariza and Beal.....

He's got that going for him.

YGWHI
08-21-2015, 10:40 AM
You left out the rest of my quote.

Yes, I do it very often.

BD24
08-21-2015, 10:40 AM
At least he didn't want to trade Kawhi for Ariza and Beal.....

He's got that going for him.
Hes also not a known welcher, aunt fucker, racist/homophobe, and doesn't masturbate in front of the whole forum.

Things are looking up for him. YGWHI for leader of the Porker Hater club. Vote YGWHI 2016!!

YGWHI
08-21-2015, 10:42 AM
YGHWI..

rookie poster of year?

I yes IMO.

Well, this sounds better than GTFO noob :lol

YGWHI
08-21-2015, 10:47 AM
YGWHI for leader of the Porker Hater club.

Hating Parker? Me? I bet you can't find one post hating him.

You're wrong man.

BD24
08-21-2015, 10:50 AM
Hating Parker? Me? I bet you can't find one post hating him.

You're wrong man.
Look if your gonna replace apo as the leader you need to hate Parker, start calling him porker. Its more edgy and cool. Anyway I am sure Apo will fill you in on all the details soon. If you are wondering why he needs replaced he knocked his aunt up, so is going to have to help her take care of the kid.

Silver&Black
08-21-2015, 10:51 AM
Hes also not a known welcher, aunt fucker, racist/homophobe, and doesn't masturbate in front of the whole forum.

Things are looking up for him. YGWHI for leader of the Porker Hater club. Vote YGWHI 2016!!

apalisoc always gives people crap for typing "faggot"....Are you saying that he's homophobic now? Proof/Link please...

BD24
08-21-2015, 10:55 AM
apalisoc always gives people crap for typing "faggot"....Are you saying that he's homophobic now? Proof/Link please...
Why don't religious people freaking understand that I don't want to be part of your religion? Freaking bitch been aggressively trying to sell her church the last few months and it's getting in my nerves. I hate homosexuals, I actually don't think evoultion is the start and end of all, but that doesn't mean I'd have to convert to your stupid ass church belief.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251973

Hope we get more drunk threads started by him tbh.

TheGreatYacht
08-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Look if your gonna replace apo as the leader you need to hate Parker, start calling him porker. Its more edgy and cool. Anyway I am sure Apo will fill you in on all the details soon. If you are wondering why he needs replaced he knocked his aunt up, so is going to have to help her take care of the kid.
:rollin

SuperCam
08-21-2015, 10:59 AM

stop being so obsessed with that faggot, tbh. all you guys think you're exposing him but he lives for the attention which is why he continues to troll. he gets off everytime someone mentions him no matter the context. really he'd probably stop eventually if everyone just agreed to ignore every thread and post of his, tbh.

BD24
08-21-2015, 11:01 AM
stop being so obsessed with that faggot, tbh. all you guys think you're exposing him but he lives for the attention which is why he continues to troll. he gets off everytime someone mentions him no matter the context. really he'd probably stop eventually if everyone just agreed to ignore every thread and post of his, tbh.
I'm cool. I honestly find his post amusing. Every forum needs a good jizz rag, would hate to lose ours.

dabom
08-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Two faggots flirting. Get a room faggots. :lmao

BD24
08-21-2015, 11:32 AM
Says the guy who constantly circle jerks with his "e crew" :lol. You, CN, Robby, FKLA, and Apo all probably have lockjaw from sucking each others cocks so often.

apalisoc_9
08-21-2015, 11:33 AM

dabom with the power move..

These guys can't get enough anal pounding from dabom.

BD24
08-21-2015, 11:38 AM

Guess he had to find somewhere else to put his dick since you told him your ass hurt.

dabom
08-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Guess he had to find somewhere else to put his dick since you told him your ass hurt.

Did he just agree to getting anally pounded? :lmao

Walter Donovan
08-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Has there EVER been an NBA MVP who got their ass whooped in the playoffs by Matt freaking Barnes? :lmao

Just asking..........

KL2
08-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Leonard's on his way to becoming a superstar, but he'll probably get robbed of the MVP though. Only Porker can sabotage his season, hopefully he feeds Leonard the ball and doesn't weigh us down.

ducks
08-21-2015, 02:27 PM
he got a bigger ego then tp , Duncan, david robinson
tp never said such a thing

spurraider21
08-21-2015, 02:47 PM
thanks for telling us what he's like in bed

apalisoc_9
08-21-2015, 03:07 PM
he got a bigger ego then tp , Duncan, david robinson
tp never said such a thing

he never had a chance...tbh

RD2191
08-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Even Pop was surprised it went to 7 last shot with porker playing like he's in the china circuit.

http://s5.postimg.org/siu3vsb6f/2015_PGs_playoffs2.png

Lol tgy
Koolshitlove

RD2191
08-21-2015, 03:36 PM
Did he just agree to getting anally pounded? :lmao

dabom
08-21-2015, 04:02 PM

Dude is gonna need a new username after the on coming jokes. :lmao

Keepin' it real
08-21-2015, 05:20 PM
Kawhi says he wants to be an all-star and MVP ...

http://memecrunch.com/meme/22VS1/and-i-want-a-toilet-made-out-of-solid-gold/image.png

Kool Bob Love
08-21-2015, 05:28 PM
Has there EVER been an NBA MVP who got their ass whooped in the playoffs by Matt freaking Barnes? :lmao

Just asking..........

Walter Donovan
08-22-2015, 02:51 PM

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-22-2015, 03:41 PM

tholdren
08-22-2015, 09:58 PM
Leonard's on his way to becoming a superstar, but he'll probably get robbed of the MVP though. Only Porker can sabotage his season, hopefully he feeds Leonard the ball and doesn't weigh us down.

Yeah, his showing last playoff has every one thinking mvp... who was the clippers best perimeter defender?

Leonardpart6
08-22-2015, 10:07 PM
Y'all a bunch of trolls, homo/xeno phobic baby dicks. Hating on the best players on your favorite team is ridiculous.

bic50
08-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Y'all a bunch of trolls, homo/xeno phobic baby dicks. Hating on the best players on your favorite team is ridiculous.
Yeah these cats are a special kind of stupid tbh. Sad thing is they seem to be proud of it, Smh.

Astray
08-22-2015, 11:57 PM

Nobody is hating on Duncan and Aldridge.

MultiTroll
08-23-2015, 03:29 PM

Ya i don't like the self promoting of individual accolades.

Media Valuable Player award is a joke anyways.

The_Klaw
08-23-2015, 03:58 PM
Nobody is hating on Duncan and AldridgeHating on them too. Trolls are trolls, they hate everyone and everything.

The_Klaw
08-23-2015, 04:45 PM

Kawhi's far away from being considered a locker room issue.
There is a difference between arrogance and a goal. Between Harden saying "I'm the best player alive", and Kawhi saying "I want to be the best player".
Kawhi's a competitor, he has this innate, burning desire to be better, but it's well known that he's willing to sacrifice his individual goals for the team.

"You're supposed to prove you're a winner and you care about your team more than yourself, and that's when the individual awards are supposed to start flowing like wine.
Leonard is an interesting case here because he's already done the sacrifice and help your team win a title thing. He was part of a Spurs team that blew a sure championship back in 2013 when they lost a five-point lead with 28 seconds left in Game 6 against Miami while up 3-2 in the series. They'd go on to lose that game and the series in seven games. A year later, Leonard and the Spurs came back and ran through the majority of the playoffs en route to the title.
They smoked the Heat in a Finals rematch and Leonard was named the Finals MVP for really playing LeBron to a draw, if not besting him."
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25277016

dweaver99027
08-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Everything Kawhi has said and done so far since 2011 show that basketball is his singular focus. All he's interested in is making himself better at the game, whether that stems from a desire to help his team win rings or make himself one of the best players ever is immaterial, since he has shown no tendencies of selfishness on the court. A 20-9-4-3-1 statline on a 63+ win team may get him an MVP sometime in the next 10 years. Not the most probable scenario , but certainly possible if he keeps improving his game and the team remains in competition for a top seed. It's good to be a (real) Spurs fan.

maverick1948
08-27-2015, 06:22 PM
I think I would be upset if he did not want to be the best. MVP If he had said I just want to play basketball and I dont care about winning. Everyone would have been jumping up and down

ducks
08-28-2015, 11:01 AM
if he is the best why is he not yet

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 03:56 AM

I wonder why Blake is in the picture right next to Kawhi/Barnes....it is b/c he was doubling Kawhi?

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 04:02 AM

Are we going to ignore Porker being the worst starting PG in the entire league & Tiago being out of commission? They didn't stand a chance of beating the Warriors w/o a healthy Tiago & Porker being a negative on BOTH ends of the court. Although I must say that they would have beaten the Clippers if Tiago was healthy even w/ Porker wetting the bed since Blake wouldn't have had his way every time down the floor.

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 04:13 AM
Anthony Davis will have a strangle hold on the MVP as long as he stays health but as far as Kawhi being a legit contender I'll say that the proof is in puddin': http://bkref.com/tiny/KVLpK

YGWHI
09-20-2015, 04:16 AM
Anthony Davis will have a strangle hold on the MVP as long as he stays health but as far as Kawhi being a legit contender I'll say that the proof is in puddin': http://bkref.com/tiny/KVLpK

Thanks for posting.

Kawhi in good company :tu

TheGreatYacht
09-20-2015, 04:31 AM
^ Lol 2 homos faggin it up

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 04:35 AM
Thanks for posting.

Wow...Kawhi in good company.

That's is also w/ him only being used in 23 percent of the team’s offensive possessions & having a slow start to the season. If he's relatively healthy for 82 games then his "Box Plus/Minus" is going to rival LeBron's.

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 04:36 AM

Seems like your boyfriend woke you up for a night session.

YGWHI
09-20-2015, 04:59 AM
Kawhi joins Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon as the only players in NBA history to win both the DPOY and Finals MVP awards

Someone's still salty...

Kawhitstorm
09-20-2015, 05:08 AM
Kawhi joins Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon as the only players in NBA history to win both the DPOY and Finals MVP awards

Kawhi is also the first wing player to lead the league in defensive rating since Pippen did it in 94-95. Porker on the other hand did next to nothing compared to Kawhi at the same stage of their careers besides choking.

http://s5.postimg.org/rcwjg880n/RS_PO_BPM_differentials_worst.png