PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili's Playmaking won us the game against the thunder in game 6.

apalisoc_9
08-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Underrated performance.

Just beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOciqm1QApA

08-20-2015, 02:57 PM
:cry that ball movement
:cry that shooting

Not sure how it was an underrated performance when his 3 pointer off Duncan's screen is tied for the most memorable moment from the series(Kawhi's strip of WB being the other). Diaw's game was underrated imo

Obstructed_View
08-20-2015, 03:04 PM
Is it time to trade him?

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Ariza Beal or Ginobli?

UNT Eagles 2016
08-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Ariza Beal or Ginobli?

we could have had Paul George :bang

Spurtacular
08-20-2015, 04:38 PM
Are you sure that it wasn't Kawhi's magical ball sweat?

T_L_P
08-20-2015, 04:42 PM
That, and Kevin Love's average play in OT.

Darius McCrary
08-20-2015, 05:27 PM
My god what an amazing basketball game

Solid D
08-20-2015, 06:19 PM
That was such a tough, exciting & stressful game in every way. Classic.

On another note, just another "we're good without TP (and we get to watch Kawhi, again)" thread.

Spursmania
08-20-2015, 06:34 PM
Yes it did. I've watched that game so many times and am always in awe of what a phenomenal game he played (especially given the previous year's performance v. Miami). Definitely deserves kudos for that game. Beautiful!

Question is can he give the Spurs another game or two like that in next year's playoffs? We'll see...

testies
08-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Tony Parker's hamstring also made some great plays to let us win that game

SquawkinHawkBigCock
08-20-2015, 08:08 PM
this is absolute bs, treated splitter like shit

don't be surprised if manu, mills and diaw just don't perform this year pissed because they dumped their best friend

fuck that shit man.. i don't know if i can be a spurs fan without any south americans left in the team

gonna go search for another team now, cheers

100%duncan
08-20-2015, 08:49 PM
That game has a case for being the greatest game of the Spurs of all time.

Sean Cagney
08-20-2015, 10:30 PM
:cry that ball movement
:cry that shooting

Not sure how it was an underrated performance when his 3 pointer off Duncan's screen is tied for the most memorable moment from the series(Kawhi's strip of WB being the other). Diaw's game was underrated imo
Diaw was great that game. Agreed on all fronts though.
That was such a tough, exciting & stressful game in every way. Classic.

On another note, just another "we're good without TP (and we get to watch Kawhi, again)" thread.
Man when they blew that good lead they had in the 4th late I said here we go again and game 7 is upon us. I still can't believe they pulled that one off and in years past they probably would not have and went 7 but they gathered up enough grit to close out the Thunder on their floor and hold off any game 7 crap in which anything can happen. The breaks went their way this time and everything went right for them to win it from Tims shot falling to Kawhi's strip etc. Every title has those breaks for a team, Spurs got on the right end this time.

Spurtacular
08-20-2015, 10:37 PM
Possibly the most important minutes CoJo ever played in a Spurs uniform were in that game.

spurs10
08-20-2015, 11:32 PM
Absolutely thrilling, killer game!

kobyz
08-20-2015, 11:51 PM
I remember when the op started the Manu shtick few months ago, to add to the Kawhi shtick, before this he really didn't give any respect for Manu and wasn't really a fan of him, but he knew it will do good for his Parker hate agenda and for marketing his group, great game planning of op tbh...

apalisoc_9
08-20-2015, 11:58 PM
I remember when the op started the Manu shtick few months ago, to add to the Kawhi shtick, before this he really didn't give any respect for Manu and wasn't really a fan of him, but he knew it will do good for his Parker hate agenda and for marketing his group, great game planning of op tbh...

Ghazi, always says Death to Israel.

What is your opinion about the Iran deal?

Why are liberal, not practicing Jews against it and Rabbis, orthodox Jews and practicing Jews for it?

Why do orthodox jews have a thing for wanting to see Muslims rule Israel?

Spurtacular
08-21-2015, 01:17 AM
Game 6 was enjoyable to me. It felt like playing with house money; and I was pretty sure we'd win Game 7.

pookenstein
08-21-2015, 01:36 AM
Not sure about that, tbh. Spurs vs. Miami rematch, especially after 6, was the bigger Story 2014 compared to James vs. Durant II.

Spurtacular
08-21-2015, 01:45 AM
no way :wakeup if the spurs lost in game6,the refs will make the thunders to finals like they did in 2012

If it was close, maybe. Spurs were dominating the Thunder at home though.

daledondale
08-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Outstanding game. Kawhi, Tim, Boris and Manu were terrific that night.

Keepin' it real
08-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Manu won game 6 vs. Thunder

Did I travel back in time?

http://annenahm.com/anneimage/2015/02/what-year-is-it.jpg

UNT Eagles 2016
08-21-2015, 06:08 PM
Absolutely thrilling, killer game!
Only killer in the sense that I wanted to kill Joey Crawford throughout the second half. I yelled obscenities the whole time starting in the 3rd quarter; the Stephen Jackson technical fueled my rabid rampage which wouldn't stop until like 1 a.m. that night. I also screamed that I hope he woke up with stage 4 pancreatic cancer the next morning. Which is odd because the next week everyone found out that a different referee (one like 10 years younger) had the same very disease (he died a couple months later). Prophetic, if you ask me, but unfortunate that my powers missed its target and killed an innocent man. Oh well...

gambit1990
08-21-2015, 06:09 PM
this was the game of the playoffs for us. there could've easily been a game 7, where anything could've happened. after we put the demons of losing to them a couple years before i knew the title was ours. we would not lose to miami again. duncan called it.

LaMarcus Bryant
08-21-2015, 07:13 PM
2014 was the greatest revenge tour in spurs history.

dabom
08-21-2015, 07:24 PM
2014 was the greatest revenge tour in spurs history.

2014 was a baptism. :lmao

ceperez
08-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Are you sure that it wasn't Kawhi's magical ball sweat?

Yeah, I thought that was the play of the game.

Remember, Ginobili was blocked twice (of course one of them should have been a goal tend). Also, he missed that free throws in regulation... he keeps missing free throws!!!

dabom
08-21-2015, 07:52 PM

Remember, Ginobili was blocked twice (of course one of them should have been a goal tend). Also, he missed that free throws in regulation... he keeps missing free throws!!!

Lol. Manu can never make 2 FTs in a row anymore. He used to be money from there. :lol

urunobili
08-21-2015, 09:18 PM
That game should have never gone into OT because of the non call of the goaltender on Ibaka that should have been a Mamu basket. That 4th quarter Manu and Diaw were on a mission

The_Klaw
08-21-2015, 09:54 PM
That game should have never gone into OT because of the non call of the goaltender on Ibaka that should have been a Mamu basket. That 4th quarter Manu and Diaw were on a mission

I agree, great performances, amazing game.
Can it rank among the best Spurs playoff games of all time? WCF, against the MVP. Top 10?

Spurtacular
08-21-2015, 10:33 PM

Something interesting...As awesome as KL's block on Wesbrook was. When he pushed back the other way, he had a 3 v 2. He could've drove coast to coast; if the defense converged, he would've had a pass to Duncan filling a lane for a dunk or a kickout to Green for an open 3. But by making the wide pass to Green on the outlet, he allowed Reggiee Jackson to get back and make it easy numbers.

cd021
08-21-2015, 11:11 PM
Maybe my favorite Spurs playoff game. Diaw goes off then Ginobili with his play making and Duncan carrying us home.