PDA

View Full Version : Army kicking out Green Beret who stood up for Afghan rape victim 11 yr old boy

Fabbs
08-21-2015, 11:40 AM
Can partisan bullshit be put aside and all of us express outrage at this?

Army kicking out decorated Green Beret who stood up for Afghan rape victim

Granted, this is from Faux News but no reason to doubt it.
We know Hollywood will protect its gay child rapists but for phucks sake the Army?

The U.S. Army is kicking out a decorated Green Beret after an 11-year Special Forces career, after he got in trouble for shoving an Afghan police commander accused of raping a boy and beating up his mother when she reported the incident.

The case of Sgt. 1st Class Charles Martland now has the attention of Congress, with Rep. Duncan Hunter writing to Defense Secretary Ash Carter challenging the decision.

"I am once again dismayed by the Army's actions in this case," Hunter, R-Calif., wrote in a letter to Carter.

Martland is described by many of his teammates as the finest soldier they have ever served alongside.

But his Army career changed course during his second deployment to Afghanistan in 2011. After learning an Afghan boy was raped and his mother beaten, Martland and his team leader confronted a local police commander they had trained, armed and paid with U.S. taxpayer dollars. When the man laughed off the incident, they physically confronted him.

They were punished by the Army at the time -- but why exactly Martland is now being discharged is a matter of dispute. Army sources cited his accolades, including being named runner-up for 2014 Special Warfare Training Group Instructor of the Year from a pool of 400 senior leaders in Special Forces, in questioning the decision.

As for the incident in 2011, Hunter told Carter: "To intervene was a moral decision, and SFC Martland and his Special Forces team felt they had no choice but to respond."

Casey, a former Green Beret teammate who would only use his first name since he is now a member of a federal counterterrorism team, told Fox News, "If I was a commander, I would have given him an award. They saved that kid's life."

more here:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/21/army-kicking-out-decorated-green-beret-who-stood-up-for-afghan-rape-victim/?intcmp=hplnws

Oh, Gee!!
08-21-2015, 12:18 PM
If he only pushed the guy, like the linked article aserts, then the punishment is too harsh, imho. He should be reprimanded and allowed to keep his job.

Fabbs
08-21-2015, 12:19 PM
If he only pushed the guy, like the linked article aserts, then the punishment is too harsh, imho. He should be reprimanded and allowed to keep his job.
Are you kidding?
If he beat the phucktard silly he should have received no punishment.
Army does nothing to the Afgan rapist?

CosmicCowboy
08-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Are you kidding?

bigot!

You condone violence against the LBGT community?

Oh, Gee!!
08-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Are you kidding?

If he was witnessing the crime against the child or the mother and intervened, then I'm in agreement. The way the story reads, it sounds to me like he heard about both allegations after the fact and sought revenge. That's why he's in trouble with the Army. I don't think the US ARMY has jurisdiction over the Afghani Police Chief.

Fabbs
08-21-2015, 12:54 PM
^^ If Fauxs reporting is correct, Afgan officer admitted to it and laughed at Green Beret and partner, like "Ya i raped the 11 year old boy, what are you going to do about it?"

I endorse ass beating +

Shame on Army.

Oh, Gee!!
08-21-2015, 01:00 PM
Afgan officer admitted to it and laughed at Green Beret and partner, like "Ya i raped the 11 year old boy, what are you going to do about it?"

sounds like revenge as opposed to defense of other people. probably why he got in trouble.

Wild Cobra
08-21-2015, 01:02 PM
From what I gather, his release isn't a punishment. He was already reprimanded.

There is a RIF going on. He is now targeted for the RIF, because of this in his record. The criteria they look at has him on the wrong side of the cut list.

Oh, Gee!!
08-21-2015, 01:06 PM
From what I gather, his release isn't a punishment. He was already reprimanded.

There is a RIF going on. He is now targeted for the RIF, because of this in his record. The criteria they look at has him on the wrong side of the cut list.

Well, the reprimand was the proper punishment.

I guess when they are looking to make cuts, those with a "mark" on the record are cut first.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Yeah, he would've been kicked out in 2011 if it was for a 2011 incident.

CosmicCowboy
08-21-2015, 03:41 PM
Considering the US is short special forces already it's hard to see them RIFing a Green beret...

MultiTroll
08-27-2015, 09:17 AM
Considering the US is short special forces already it's hard to see them RIFing a Green beret...
It's not due to a RIF, memos are now being exposed that state it is for his shoving rapist-cop.

Oh and this dilly in:

The boy allegedly had been assaulted for 7-10 days while chained to a bed, Quinn told Fox News' Megyn Kelly. Quinn and Martland confronted Rahman after learning he also allegedly beat the boy’s mother for reporting the crime. Rahman apparently confessed but then “laughed about it,” after which the Green Berets reportedly shoved him to the ground.
Another witness has since come forward defending the Green Berets’ actions.
The witness, a cultural adviser and linguist who was in Kunduz, Afghanistan, where the incident took place, told Fox News that Rahman (Afghan cop-rapist) faked his injuries after the confrontation with the Americans.
“Everything is a lie. He only had a minor scratch,” said the linguist, who asked to remain anonymous.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/27/memo-shows-green-beret-fighting-to-stay-in-army-was-severely-reprimanded-for/?intcmp=hpbt3

TDMVPDPOY
08-27-2015, 10:55 AM
with his expertise, he could go work in the private sector...blackwater?

ElNono
08-27-2015, 12:40 PM
with his expertise, he could go work in the private sector...blackwater?

The Afghan cop can be the next LA Lakers shooting guard...

Fabbs
09-27-2015, 10:31 AM
Army Rejects Appeal of Green Beret Who Stood Up for Afghan Rape Victim
Sgt. 1st Class Charles Martland, a Green Beret who was ordered discharged after he confronted an alleged child rapist, was informed Tuesday that the Army has denied his appeal.

Martland got in trouble for shoving an Afghan police commander accused of raping a young boy and beating up that child's mother when she reported the incident.

Martland was subsequently ordered discharged by Nov. 1. He has been fighting to continue serving his country, but the U.S. Army Human Resources Command told Martland that he "does not meet the criteria" for an appeal.

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA), who has been fighting for Martland, said on "The Kelly File" tonight that there is a shameful lack of leadership and morality in the Army.

"This has now been allowed by the U.S. government," Hunter said. "Do you want your son or daughter to serve in the Army? Do you want your son or daughter to serve an institution who says pedophilia and child rape are OK as long as it's the custom of the land?"

Watch more in link.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/09/22/army-rejects-appeal-green-beret-who-stood-afghan-rape-victim

Fabbs
07-18-2016, 12:37 AM
:clap
Sgt. 1st Class Charles Martland will remain in military after beating up Afghani policeman accused (admitted) of raping boy.

The U.S. Army has reversed a decision to discharge a Green Beret for “body slamming” an Afghani police commander officer accused of raping a boy.

Sgt. 1st Class Charles Martland will be allowed to continue to serve at least through the end of his enlistment after an Army board on Wednesday determined that his personnel file contained an “error or injustice,” according to Stars and Stripes.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/sgt-st-class-charles-martland-will-remain-in-military-after/article_de976bcc-62bf-5ba4-9d82-3d63146fb8ea.html